Walls, pavers and outdoor living

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since February 2004

418 Laughlin Ave

Pittsburgh, PA 15210

Offering retaining walls, pavers and outdoor living. Landscape projects performed only in conjunction with hardscapes, including lawn restoration post-construction....

07/30/2020

David R.

Rolling Hills Landscaping did a great job, were punctual, professional and extremely easy to communicate with during the project. From the beginning the estimate received was more than just a number but included sketches of the project as they interpreted it from our initial meeting to discuss our ideas. We were able to tweak features as the project progressed ensuring that the outcome coincided with our vision. Very helpful! As an engineer (retired) I was very satisfied with their attention to detail and found them to be very receptive to constructive comments during the project (I just couldn't help myself).

Description of Work
Patio and retaining walls.

Category lawn service,drain pipe,hardscaping,patios

We had such a good time working with you as well! Always great to work with couples who take a very active role in the project :) And those Techo-Bloc Flagstone pavers were an awesome choice!

04/27/2020

Bruce and Darlene A.

Final results were amazing and beyond our expectations. Workmen were very thorough very respectful of our property.

Description of Work
Small patio beside a basement entrance

Category decks,hardscaping

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you on this project! Thank you for the compliment to the crew-I love to pass those sentiments along to them.

01/17/2020

Cid C.

Excellent communication from beginning to end of project. They were always timely and completed the job as expected. The results were excellent and we are very pleased. Amanda and John were awesome to work with and worked within our budget and left our property in excellent condition.

Description of Work
Paver patio with block retaining wall, topsoil and grading the site.

Category patios

So glad that the weather cooperated for the project. It's exciting to have some great, usable space under the deck to relax! Wonderful working with you!

09/30/2019

Frank M.

I highly recommend Rolling Hills. From start to finish they were a pleasure to work with. We had a new paver patio and French drains installed. We’ve gotten so many compliments on the patio. It came out beautiful. We are really pleased with the final results. Amanda was very patient with me and all my questions. It’s obvious that she is customer service oriented. Which nowadays goes a long way. The actual work is done by two guys,John and Angelo who work hard and really well together. Thanks to Amanda, John and Angelo for an overall job well done.

Description of Work
Paver Patio and French drains

Category hardscaping,patios

It was our pleasure! Always nice to work with homeowners who are detailed :) We're excited for you and your family to enjoy your newly expanded patio!

06/17/2019

KARL C.

They did a great job! They returned my call within a day, did the quote within a few more days, and were able to start within two weeks of acceptance. The work was done as scheduled and was done beautifully. We love our walls and appreciate that they are well done and a permanent improvement to our house.

Description of Work
Replace retaining walls

Category hardscaping

Thank you so much! Happy to help :) We appreciate how well we were able to work together and how prepared you were to start the project! Not everyone is ready for us when we arrive, but you had the driveway and the space in front of the house clear for equipment each day.

05/18/2019

Daniel H.

Working with Rolling Hills throughout the entire process was flawless. From the time we contacted them through project completion, it could not have gone better. Amanda responded to our call promptly and came out to give us an estimate. We had estimates from two other landscaping companies for the same work and Rolling Hills not only provided the most competitive offer money-wise, but they were also the most detailed in their estimate (broke out all costs separately, offered ways we could save on the project, and gave options for different pavers). Based on their Angie's List reviews and the detailed estimate, it was an easy selection to pick Rolling Hills. Once we signed the contract, Amanda continued to help with the process and was always prompt in answering any questions we had. Some examples of help she provided are contacting the township to make sure we didn't need permits, suggestions on color choices between the wall and pavers, and keeping us updated on the start date. We also have no complaints about the work being completed and that process was perfect as well. Amanda's husband John headed the work and had a helper throughout. They always arrived early to start and worked through day's end to get it done quickly for us. John kept me in the loop on any issues that would come up (nothing major, more just FYI stuff) and finished the project quicker than expect (about 5 days total). We could not be happier with the finished product. Our patio looks amazing (as you can see in the pics) and they did a good job cleaning up the area afterwards. Again, I cannot speak highly enough of the work Rolling Hills did and the process from start to finish. If you are considering getting similar work done, this is the company to use.

Description of Work
Leveling of yard space, Installation of Patio Pavers (21.5' x 15') and Retaining Wall (21.5' x 6')

Category excavators,hardscaping,patios

Wonderful to work with you on this project! It's such a nice area to relax or even a change of scenery when you're working from home. I agree that the process was very smooth and I know that your attention to detail and involvement in the project were a great part of the success! Thank you so much and enjoy!

10/25/2018

Julie H.

This company was a real pleasure to work with from the estimate, to scheduling, to correcting my errors in the contract review process, to installation, and minor repair to the installation. Amanda met with us to get the estimate and listened carefully to our wishlist. The estimate came in under the competitive bid we received and it arrive 5 days earlier. Due to personal circumstances we wanted the job done as soon as possible. Initially that seemed like a request beyond their ability to deliver. But then a miracle happened and some how our job was started sooner than initially expected. The crew arrived at the set time everyday. They worked diligently all day everyday they said they would be there. They had their music and their equipment, but the noise level was never intrusive to us or the neighbors. They left the job site clean and organized and safe for our family each night. The crew was kind and let me observe and comment. When I discovered one option that I thought I had asked for did not make into the official contract - Amanda and the crew worked with me to get a new estimate for the change request and even ended up readjusting the patio design to accommodate the request without buying a new pallet of pavers. The didn't have to do that. They could have said - we don't have enough material and just let it go. I am so happy and impressed that they did a little extra moving things around to meet our revised request. Fitting the pavers into the beautiful design makes me feel like I have a piece of art in my back yard. I love it. We had a slight slump in two or three bricks a few days after the job was complete. They repaired that in a day and then helped me figure out how to prevent it from happening again (it was my gutter overflow issue that caused the problem) the final product was better than I could have hoped for. We enjoyed our patio every night that there was no rain this summer. The pups love it too. I have recommended this company several times and will continue to do so! they also leveled a part of the yard -- installed some decorative lumber to replace our decaying railroad tie edging and ensured that the gutters drained into piping that was routed under the patio so that water flow was appropriately managed.

Description of Work
New paver patio and reused brick pathway

Category excavators,hardscaping,patios

It was a wonderful experience working with you and your family to complete the patio project! We love the interaction, answering questions and making sure that the details are right. Thank you for sharing your photos with the pergola and the pups! It's always neat to see the personal touches with patio spaces.

10/18/2018

Dave R.

Excellent work. Excavated and removed approximate 75 feet of dirt and wall, approximately 100 ton of debris, replaced with versa stone, leveled the yard, replanted shrubs and mulched. The wall is beautiful and have received numerous compliments. The men put in 10 hour days and worked non stop. They were fantastic.

Description of Work
An old rock retaining wall came in various places along its length

Category excavators,landscaping,lawn service

It was a pleasure working with you! Happy to provide a solid solution that you won't have to worry about.

10/12/2018

Abbie R.

Took down old wall and installed one that is so much better. The wall is about 100 feet in length and around 3 feet in height. In addition, they removed a lot of overgrowth on the side yard and placed mulch down. This was all done in about one week by only two workers. Amazing work and very professional. Amanda was great in helping us pick out the colors we wanted for the wall and for the mulch as well. She also went over the care for the landscaped area and the new grass. Overall a great company to work with and one that I would easily hire again when necessary.

Description of Work
Retaining Wall and Landscaping

Category landscaping,lawn service,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

So happy to help to create a more stable wall and a clear space for you to plant some new things to add color to the yard! I think your color choices and added curve to the wall worked really well!

10/11/2018

Crista N.

Fabulous! Could not be more pleased with John and Amanda and the finished product of our design.

Description of Work
Hard and soft full landscape of front and back yard

Category lawn service

We really enjoyed our time working with you, too!

Jeff Jones Masonry

Local business who cares about quality service and the best prices around. Family owned and operated. 40+ years of service in the masonry and concrete industry.

Morow's Masonry Restoration

Morow's Masonry has been in business for over 15 years, serving customers in the Western Pennsylvania area. We specialize in all types of construction.

Offers by Morow's Masonry Restoration on Angi
    Triano Contracting

-brick and block laying -retaining walls -concrete repair -pointing & restoration -window & door lintels -hardscaping & pavers -natural & veneer stone masonry -chimney & fireplace repair I'm a fully insured masonry specialist contractor with over 12 years of experience in all forms of masonry restoration & construction, as well as a registered HIC contractor through the pa attorney generals office. From whole house pointing, chimneys, and fireplaces, to retaining walls, foundations and sidewalks. Be it brick, block, stone, or concrete. I can repair, restore, and build new. At Triano contracting "I pity the tool!" Find Mr. T on facebook, and the nextdoor app @TrianoContracting

Check, PayPal, Discover, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Financing

Stand alone landscape services, snow removal, mowing, lawn fertilization treatments, tree services, landscape maintenance

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc.

How is Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. overall rated?

Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. open?

Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. provide

Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, PayPal, Discover, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Financing

Does Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offers a 5% senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc.?

Yes, Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offer?

Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. offers the following services: Retaining walls, pavers and some small concrete projects. Landscape restoration or enhancement only as a part of hardscape projects.

Are there any services Rolling Hills Landscapes, Inc. does not offer?