We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Renaissance Electric and Power Systems

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2011

370 Castle Shannon Blvd

Pittsburgh, PA 15234

We are a full-service electrical contractor providing exceptional quality and value-oriented services to residential, commercial and industrial clients of all sizes. The reason we can offer you such a great price is that we get all of our material direct from the manufacturer and as a courtesy we can pass that savings on to you! Our commitment to our clients is unsurpassed. We are easily accessible by phone and email. We recognize the value of your time, and work hard to avoid unnecessary delays. You can rely on our technicians to arrive on schedule and ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner. All of our employees have to pass a rigorous background check and are drug tested monthly through a third-party company....

07/09/2021

Mary R.

Because a storm brought down a giant tree that pulled down our power line, we needed service from Duquesne Light, but we also needed the immediate help and advice of an electrician. Renaissance Electric, in the person of Eric, responded immediately to my phone message (which was before regular office hours) and stayed in text contact with advice throughout the day until things were resolved. Enormously helpful!

Description of Work
Advice about service to downed power line.

07/07/2021

Pooja R.

great! received service within 24 hours of inquiring and all of the requested jobs were completed well - i appreciated the expertise and advice given for the questions I asked.

Description of Work
insert new ceiling fan, connect light kit to existing fan

Category ceiling fans

03/30/2021

Eric F.

This is the second job Renaissance has completed for us. Working with them is a no-brainer. Quick, professional, thorough, and transparent service will keep us coming back in the future. The lightning installation made our basement look like a new space!

Description of Work
Basement lights

02/25/2021

Rich Y.

Went great excellent and professional Would recommend

Description of Work
New outlet

02/23/2021

Michael C.

Amazingly well. This is a type of contractor that you don't have to worry about. They came when they said they would and the price was good. Even the electrical inspector commented that it was a quality work.

Description of Work
They did rewiring, breaker box, GFI outlet, wired up the whole bathroom, whole search house protector, and some lighting fixture.

02/17/2021

Bethany H.

I will definitely hire this company again. Quality work, on time staff, professionalism and for a great price. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
wiring

02/17/2021

Samantha M.

Great job on the installation of my ceiling fan! Professional, courteous, friendly and reasonably priced! Would definitely hire in the future.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan

Greg O.

Couldn't be happier!! The guys were here a half hour early unloading all their equipment. Very professional and clean. They even finished early. When does that happen?? 5/5 Definitely will be hiring again when I do my kitchen!!

Description of Work
Wiring

Michael C.

We engaged the team at Renaissance Electric on a wide-variety of issues including new construction for an addition we were working on, GFCIs, smart-home outlets for cameras and Wifi connected smoke detectors, whole-house surge protection, the rewire of several rooms and troubleshooting of work done by others. We were thrilled with the service. They were punctual, reliable, and respectful when things came up outside of the anticipated scope of the project. Often they shared recommendations for how to do things better keeping in mind the limited budget. I would say they went above and beyond to keep our home safe which was the ultimate goal.

Description of Work
Numerous items to get an addition to pass electrical inspection, Nest Smoke Detectors, Smart-Home, whole-house surge protection, Aluminum Wire replacement, GFCIs, Arc-Fault breakers, troubleshooting

Diana B.

Service was fantastic! Courteous and professional. They walked me through everything that was being done and what I was getting. Work was completed in a neat and timely manner. The electrician made great recommendations on other services and upgrades that I will certainly be following up with them to complete. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Electrical service upgrade

Gary C.

Eric was a great serviceman very knowledgeable very courteous

Description of Work
Service upgrade

05/20/2015

Mary Ellen L.

Although I was outside of their service area they did come out as I was smelling smoke and they wanted to make sure there was no immediate threat of a fire. They were very pleasant and concerned.

Description of Work
$869 for Complete Electrical Panel Swap-out with FREE Whole House Surge Protector Installed!

04/30/2015

Mary Jo T.

On time, quick, and courteous. No mess and spent time reviewing installation and operation before leaving.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fan in the master bedroom.

02/05/2015

Willie B.

The guy was a scam artist. He got in and really inflated the cost of what he needed to and the material he needed to purchases

Description of Work
He came out to do some work for me.

Category electrician

Price was beyond competitive. If you want to pay handyman prices don't hire a licensed electrician.

11/28/2014

DAVE C.

The service went well, but the price was quite a bit more than expected. We bought an Angie's List deal for $849 that was advertised as "Electrical Panel for $849" - since the house was older, the work didn't qualify under the terms of the deal. The additional work was quoted, and since we had already spent the money for the Angie's List deal, we went ahead with the work. However, other bids that we had received were several hundred dollars less. Although the price was higher than expected, the work was done very well and I had no issues with the quality of the work or the professionalism of the vendor.

Description of Work
Replaced the electrical panel and the outside supply line in an older home (built in 1945).

09/03/2014

Jeremy G.

The inspection was a bit of a non-event. Not much benefit.

Description of Work
Inspection

08/30/2014

Susan S.

My interactions with Renaissance Electric took place over several months. Initially, I was very pleased with the company. Unlike a previous electrical company that didn't do much to troubleshoot the problem, they took me seriously when I told them that one of my arc fault breakers kept tripping and leaving me in the dark. They did a good job of troubleshooting and found that the problem was with the wiring in my bedroom lamp. At the time, they also told me that the previous company had left a hot wire in my attic during a rewiring job, and that they had also failed to ground the outlets that had been rewired. They fixed these problems, also. Before leaving, they suggested that some existing circuits should be split and additional circuits installed. I told them to send me an estimate and, after waiting a few weeks, finally received one for $685. I decided to schedule the work, but each time the service was scheduled, I was told they could not make it. The last time service was scheduled, I called the day before to see if they were still coming, and was again told they could not make it. In January, I decided to contact the company again, and was told that the electrician who had been to my house was no longer employed there and that they apologized for the inconvenience. I decided to hold off moving forward, but in April, I emailed them asking them to reevaluate the situation and to let me know if I truly needed additional circuits. In answer to my email, I was told to call the office and make an appointment. I called, but no one got back to me, so about a week later I emailed them again. They apologized for the delay and said that they were going through some staff changes and wanted a phone number to contact me (which they should have had already). With all the ongoing difficulties, I was not feeling good about hiring this company, so I contacted another electrician rated high on Angie's List. He came to my house promptly and checked out the situation. He did not see any reason to split any circuits or add new ones.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting of a breaker that kept tripping and also replaced open grounded plugs

Category electrician

This customer has been contacted and a happy resolution has been agreed upon. Review will be removed shortly

08/19/2014

Robert S.

This provider was not able to do the work at my residence due to not being in their coverage area.

07/09/2014

Ann Z.

The work was not done as couldn't get a date confirmed and they won't call back.

Description of Work
I called and went back and forth twice on scheduling service for installing a celing fan and new outlets and they said they could do the work but would not give a date for when they would do the work. It's really tough to get someone to call you back too!

07/03/2014

Thomas R.

When I first purchased the deal, we went back and forth about scheduling an appointment. They had me send them some pictures of the project. Then they had a technician come out around Memorial Day. He was supposed to be getting me the estimate within a week. It has now been 6 weeks and I have not heard anything from them. They were very nice and courteous at the time. But I am just requesting a refund.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $849 for an Electrical Panel Replacement and Whole House Surge Protection.

06/30/2014

MONICA B.

This couldn't have been easier. The company called immediately after we purchased an Angie's List Deal to schedule an appointment, and we didn't have to wait long for service, which was scheduled for the very next week. When the electrician, Ryan, came to the house he went straight to work. He was very professional, extremely knowledgeable, and careful not to leave a mess when he left. We couldn't be happier and will definitely use the company again.

Description of Work
Ryan from Renaissance Electric removed an existing ceiling fan, checked the location for structural soundness, then installed a new fan.

06/24/2014

AURELIA A.

It went very well. He was in and out in about 2 1/2 hours.

Description of Work
Installed new lighting, exhaust fan and outlet in the bathroom. Also, removed old track lighting in bedroom.

06/17/2014

James & Tiffany H.

The tech was Ryan Bonacci. He was extremely courteous and informative. He quickly installed a ceiling fan and then looked at two light switches we have been having issues with. During our discussion I told him how the power down surged when the dryer kicked on. He checked the breaker box and found the issue to be a disconnected grounding wire on the pole outside the house. He called Duquense Light to report the issue. DL was here with in the hour after his call. He went out of his way to make the call and let me know why we were having the surge issue.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fan/ replaced 2 switches and helped with an outside electrical issue

06/16/2014

James W.

It took repeated calls to the electrician to get him to respond. When he did respond he advised that they sold so many deals that he could not get out there to look at mine for several weeks. He told me to take photos of a variety of things and send him the photos. Based on those photos we advised that the price would now be $2,999.00. That is a 300% increase over the price he advertised. He did eventually agree to refund my money that was paid in advance. In essence my money was held by either Angie's List or Reniassance for almost 3 months.

Description of Work
He was to install a new whole house electric service for $999.00

Category electrician

Now reviews like this make me extremely upset and I will try to respond in a professional way. Allow me to shed some light on this, lets call it "customized" review. You had purchased this deal on the last day it was available. Which means the 50+ other people who purchased the deal before you had priority to scheduling. We schedule people in the order they purchased this deal. It even says in the deal itself "Scheduling is subject to availability" Which means if you are the last person to purchase the deal do not expect to cut the line and be serviced first. That would not be fair to everyone else. Let me clear up the dollar amount you listed as well. The deal was for $849 not $999. Now I know most people don't read details of most of these big deals and just see the headline and buy it. This is where you made your first mistake. This has happened to quite a few people on this deal and I always clarify when we first make contact via phone with the customer. The deal is for a panel "swap out" not a service upgrade. The deal only covers the electrical panel itself. What you needed was a service upgrade. Which entailed not only twice the amount of work but three times the material cost as well as an additional set of hands. The panel swap out is a 2-4 hour job at the most. The service upgrade which in your case was one of the more difficult ones to do is a 8-12 hour job (with 2 Techs). So for the price to be "300% more" its because you had 300% more work and materials! I am astounded at how some people do not understand that more work means more money. And in closing, Angies list is the one who holds your money not us. If you think we even see that money before the job is complete you are very wrong. It takes 90 days for us to get paid in full from the original purchase day (unless work was not done). Not only that but if you think we see that entire $849 dollars you're kidding yourself. Only a fraction of that goes to us. Angies list lines their pockets with our profits. They generate the leads. If you are a new customer reading this please refer to the over 98% satisfaction rating on our other reviews. Man that was tough lol

05/30/2014

Steven H.

I had difficulty getting this scheduled. The service provider did not call me within two days, so I called and left a message. They called me back later that day and said someone would call me within a further three days to schedule. No one called me, so I called and started leaving messages. After three or four messages over a day or two, the owner called me and said that he was on vacation but would make sure someone got back to me within two days. Someone called me back that day and scheduled a time to do the estimate. He missed that appointment, and the next, but made it on the third try. He told me that he couldn't do the work in the deal because there was no ground wire, and couldn't run a ground wire, but proposed some other options. He said he would get me an estimate in about 5 business days, which seemed like a lot. It's been that long and I still don't have an estimate. Update 6/3/2014: The provider called me to follow up. They had gotten me a quote but my email address was transcribed incorrectly. I'm upgrading this review in light of this.

Cliff the Electrician

Our family own Business installs and. Repairs all kinds of electrical devices, Electrical panel boxes, outlets and switches, recess lighting, wiring, for dryers and stoves, Hut tubs, swimming pools and car chargers.

CJH ELECTRIC CO LLC

Women owned. Family operated Electrical company. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Offers by CJH ELECTRIC CO LLC on Angi
    T. Williams Handyman Service

We are a local and family owned Handyman Service, specializing in residential and small electrical projects. Call Trey (Owner) @ (724) 914-3266 for an immediate response.

Offers by T. Williams Handyman Service on Angi

Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
    01/30/2024
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Home Electrical Inspections, Home Generator Systems, Panel Change-Outs, Full-Repair Changes, Generator Transfer Switches, Hot Tub Circuits, Circuit Upgrades, Troubleshooting, Computer Circuits, Maintenance & Repair, Breaker & Fuse Replacement, Electric Baseboard & In-Wall Fan Replacements, Hot Water Tank Circuits, Light Fixture Installations & 220-Volt To 110-Volt Conversion.