PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since December 2011

Pittsburgh Pet Fence is the area's best electronic dog containment company featuring outstanding customer service and the finest dog fence products available. We are locally owned and not associated with any national franchise. Pittsburgh Pet Fence can save you a lot of money! We are the only Dog Fence company that uses Rechargeable Collars and that can be a huge savings and a tremendous convenience. We also honor all competitor coupons ....

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

dog fencing (130)

08/04/2022

Theo B.

I highly recommend this business! They were responsive (even though we had to change the date of the installation three times), welcoming and professional. Tahe individual who installed the fence was the owner of the company and he was wonderful. Good explanations of everything and the fence was installed perfectly. Our pup enjoys having time in the yard - and we don't have to worry about where she is. Thank you!

Description of Work
Electric dog fence installation

Work Completed On 06/28/2022

05/13/2022

Monica K.

Kudos to Pittsburgh Pet Fence for consistently providing outstanding customer service! Each time I’ve interacted with any member of Pittsburgh Pet Fence team (from my initial install and over a course of 6+ years), my customer experience has been 2nd to none. Over the past two weeks, I contacted Pittsburgh Pet Fence twice. The first time, Candy worked with me over the phone to diagnose and resolve the root cause of the problem over the phone to help me avoid incurring the expense. Earlier this week, I called again. Candy and Ed worked with me via FaceTime to diagnose the problem. Again, they were trying to save me from potentially incurring the unnecessary expense of a home visit and to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. In both recent customer service calls, not only were timely resolution and unnecessary expenses top of mind by Candy and Ed they also responded to my calls in a very timely manner, with a positive attitude and with respect. If your family is like ours, we count on the safety of our dogs everyday from the protection provided by the fence. Therefore, timely service is a must. I could only wish more of my experiences with other service providers were as positive as mine have been with Pittsburgh Pet Fence. Keep up the excellent service Pittsburgh Pet Fence!

Description of Work
Notification of issues reported by the transmitter needed to be resolved.

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

03/31/2022

Michael K.

I had a great experience with Maurice and PPF as a whole! I called PPF after seeing so many of their signs in my neighborhood & reading up on their online reviews. They were efficient, professional & took the time to explain everything during the training session. 10 out of 10 would recommend

Description of Work
Pet fence installation

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

07/30/2021

Thomas N.

I had Pittsburgh Pet Fence install an invisible fence around my two acre yard in June, to hopefully corral my two dogs (at the time 3 yr old blue heeler and a 12 week old English lab). I didn't want to obstruct my view of the farmland with a standard fence, and had tried different trainers and training collars for my heeler, to no avail. At the very least I thought it would at least keep the lab from wandering over to the neighbor's. Fast forward less than two months, and I couldn't be happier. My blue heeler, the smartest but most stubborn dog I've ever known, respects the boundary even with major enticements such as cats and deer, and the lab does as well. Getting scheduled was very easy. Candy explained everything involved in the service, took my address, and was able to get me a quote the same day. Cole and his assistant were excellent with the install. They were prompt, fast, clean, and professional. My yard looked the same before and after they were done. Ed was very thorough and clear during the training. He didn't leave any question unanswered, and did not rush through it (even though there was a storm looming over the horizon) like other trainers I have had for the heeler. Everyone involved in the process went above and beyond. If you are debating on getting this done, or you think you can do it cheaper yourself, believe me, it is worth every penny.

Description of Work
Invisible Dog Fence

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

Review for PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLC - 748 Scrubgrass Rd, Pittsburgh, PA - 39423202

07/30/2021

Thomas N.

Description of Work
Invisible Dog Fence

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

Review for PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLC - 748 Scrubgrass Rd, Pittsburgh, PA - 39423204

07/26/2021

Chelsea G.

Fabulous overall: great pet fence quality, professional and seamless installation, user friendly interface, top notch training. Our dogs were seriously trained within a day, and they're not the brightest pups. Almost a week out now and they don't even get near the flags. We just had a jogger run by with a barking dog and our crazy lab mix stayed in our yard. INCREDIBLE! Ed and his team were responsive, reliable, and efficient. The entire process - from getting a quote to installing the fence to personalized training - was smooth and professional. And pricing was very fair as well. I would absolutely recommend Pittsburgh Pet Fence to anyone in a heartbeat. Thank you to Ed and your team!

Description of Work
Underground pet fence

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

03/13/2021

Emily T.

This company is AMAZING! Ed, Candy, and the entire staff were such a pleasure to work with from start to finish! The initial introduction of their fencing, installation, and training far exceeded any and all expectations that we had. It was truly remarkable to see how quickly our puppy was learning their new boundaries. We could not be happier with our decision to go with Pittsburgh Pet Fence and we are so excited to finally give our pup the opportunity to run free, while also remaining safe within our yard. You can tell they all take such pride in their work and it definitely shows in the thorough service that they provide and the level of care that they show towards your animal. If you’re even considering an invisible fence, give them a call, you will NOT be disappointed!!

Description of Work
Invisible Fence

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

10/22/2020

Sara T.

Pittsburgh Pet Fence was so great to work with from the very first phone call! They were thorough and walked through every step. The were great at communicating before the install and their turnaround times on getting back to you were super quick. Everyone was super friendly and helped to answer all questions I had! If you’re in the market for a fence for your fur baby I highly recommend Pittsburgh pet fence!

Description of Work
Invisible Fence

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

09/18/2020

Michelle S.

It was a wonderful experience to work with Pittsburgh Pet Fence. We have had pet fences in previous homes in Michigan, Florida, and now PA. Pittsburgh Pet Fence is the BEST company we have worked with. They use a tens system which is gentler on the dogs but still effective. Their pet collars recharge (no more ordering batteries in a panic!) They have wonderful advice on training your dog as well. If you are considering getting a pet fence for your dog(s) I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
We needed a pet fence installed.

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

09/10/2020

Julie B.

The installation team was extremely prompt and friendly. They did an amazing job with installing the underground dog containment fencing in our yard. You can hardly tell they were here! The trainer and owner, Ed, was fantastic! He was so great with our dogs and very friendly. He took the appropriate amount of time with us and our dogs to ensure we were set up for training success. Excellent company and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for this type of fencing.

Description of Work
Underground Dog Containment Fence

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/19/2020

Joe G.

Recently had landscaping done and our fence line was cut but we didn’t know where! Even though the original project was done 9 years ago Ed sent out his repair rep right away when we called. Jerry came and was professional, polite and determined to find the break in the line. He not only found it and fixed it but he left everything like he was never even there! Very impressed and it was VERY reasonable price wise. Life long customers and supporters of Ed and the Pittsburgh Pet Fence Company!! Joe and Jen

Description of Work
Rey fence repair

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

08/15/2020

Hunter B.

Pittsburgh Pet Fence dis an amazing job with installation and training for their pet fence. Ed and his workers were prompt and professional throughout the whole process. They made this big choice easy and simple with their demeanor and care.

Description of Work
Installed pet fence/train dog on pet fence

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

07/21/2020

Emily T.

I was very happy with the repair. They have good service. They were responsive. They have good product.

Description of Work
They put in underground fencing for dogs.

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

07/14/2020

Janice M.

I was extremely happy with the whole experience from first phone call to installation. Owner Ed Fogarty is extremely knowledgeable. He explained the equipment and trained my dog in one session. I was amazed! Top notch, professional company. I recommend highly!

Description of Work
Installation of invisible fence.

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

07/05/2020

Ben S.

We have Pittsburgh Pet Fence now for 5 years. Our 2 Miniature Schnauzers trained with it very successfully. We still had the original Pet fence system. The past month we have noticed that the smaller one of the two dogs seem to sometimes get into a position where she gets scared and would get trapped at the fence. We thought the lowest power level on the older system was a bit high for the small dog(8 pound). The owner responded to our call and came out the next day to evaluate. We decided to upgrade the system to the newest technology which allow us 10 different programming modes per each dog size. Now we could really fine tune it to where it is enough that she does not just walk through, but not to much where she would get trapped rather than get a fright and move off. His knowledge and explanation was excellent. He provided immediate on site training and within minutes he had the new system installed and we were testing it. It is now a few days later and my little dog's response to it is much better. Great experience, Fast response - will recommend it to anyone that want a quality system and care for your dog.

Description of Work
Investigating a situation where my little dog gets trapped at the pet fence.

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

07/02/2020

Justine E.

I cannot say enough about the positive experience I had with Pittsburgh Pet Fence. Every employee I interacted with was personable, professional, and showed true care for my dog. The install team was efficient and thoroughly explained their process. Ed, the owner, came by later in the day to teach us how to use the system and began training with our dog. He was personable, professional, and truly showed a passion for what he does. He took his time training my dog, as well as us, on the system. I really felt that he cared for the safety and happiness of my dog. I believe that the price for the quality of product, install, and training was fair and at a better rate than most other companies I looked at. I would highly recommend this company to any dog owner.

Description of Work
installing a invisible fence for my dog

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

06/12/2020

Michael K.

Through the entire process Ed and his team were professional and had our best interests at heart. We were provided options on fence layout, the optimum age to train our new pup and the initial training all was tailored to our schedules. The result was our pup learned rapidly and successfully understood the new boundaries on our property. The system is robust, has worked flawlessly, and gives us peace of mind even though we live on a busy street.

Description of Work
We needed an electronic pet fence installed on our property

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

01/16/2020

Joseph M.

They called me back and said the collar was but if I wanted to pick it up he would should me what to check for including how make sure the fit was fitted correctly. He also showed me a display system he has at his house how to make sure all the setting should be set. They didn't charge me anything for the service. Great people and have always had great response if there was a problem.

Description of Work
I thought i was having a problem with the dog collar we use with the invisible fence. ED said if I wanted to drop it off even though it was Sunday he would test for a couple of days.

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

11/29/2019

Debbie D.

Best part is the rechargeable collar! We have had our system since 2013 and still going strong. Goes for months before recharging and easy to do. Best decision for our pet. And the customer service is above and beyond!!

Description of Work
Needed affordable fence to keep our pet in yard.

Work Completed On 11/29/2019

11/24/2019

MICHAEL O.

I interviewed 3 invisible fencing companies before settling on Pittsburgh Pet Fence. I was a bit apprehensive about going this route with our dog, but up to this point we simply could not get her to stop running/ripping up the gardens. Ed is great to work with. He is personable, knowledgeable, and a competent trainer. Our back yard property is already fenced, but our pup kept wanting to run through the gardens. PPF was able to set up perimeter fencing to maximize Chloe's use of the backyard while keeping her safely out of the gardens. We also wanted her to be able to be in the front yard without concern of her running to the road. Ed came out the same day of installation and personally trained Chloe. He quickly acclimated our dog to the cautions and she caught on quickly. He leaves you with an exact program to follow to continue the training, as well as, his assurance that should you need additional consultation you only need to reach out. I highly recommend Pittsburgh Pet Fence.

Description of Work
Installed an underground containment fence around the perimeter of the yard.

Work Completed On 11/23/2019

11/05/2019

Brian C.

Absolutely fantastic. Ed Fogarty is wonderful work with. He is friendly, enthusiastic, and totally sympathetic to the concerns of pet owners. His installers are prompt, professional, and just as friendly as he is. We had a relatively large install on a working farm and Ed and his crew went the extra mile to make sure our system was securely installed to withstand the tractors and other heavy equipment we use here on a daily basis. Ed returned (to train us!) to train our dog, and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. Additionally, Ed stands behind his system and products and will always return your call, no matter what question or problem you may have. I pride myself on being "capable" and seriously considered installing a store-bought system by myself. After our experience with Pittsburgh Pet Fence, I thank myself every day for deciding to let Ed and his guys do the work. It was and is truly worth every penny. Great company, great people, and great product/ service. I enthusiastically recommend Pittsburgh Pet Fence to anyone wishing to improve the safety and happiness of their dog.

Description of Work
Installation of underground pet containment system

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

10/11/2019

Kathleen S.

Ed was really great with our dogs and everything, from the install to the training was flawless. We are really happy with our fence - we live on a really busy street and having the dogs protected gives us peace of mind.

Description of Work
Had a dog fence installed underground

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

10/05/2019

Brian P.

I called and spoke to the owner and the next day they came and installed my fence. The installation crew arrived right on the scheduled time and were courteous and professional. The owner spent time with my puppy and did the training and worked to ensure I understood the equipment and system. It is rare that you receive this kind of courteous, prompt and professional service these days. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Description of Work
Installation of Pet Fence and Training