Mr. Appliance of Pittsburgh

Founded 1993 • With Angi since January 2004

652 Center Ave

Pittsburgh, PA 15229

For honest, dependable appliance repair, contact Mr. Appliance of Pittsburgh. We promise no long waits or inflated charges. From our clearly marked vans to our highly trained service technicians, we do the job right. $15.00 discounts on repairs. - Our phones answer 24 hours a day and you can

06/03/2020

Stacy F.

This was a terrible experience. The repairman came in, looked at the inside door of my refrigerator, told me that the icemakers on this model of refrigerator break all the time, and that the repair was $710, but that no one ever gets it done due to the cost. HE DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE ICEMAKERS. For this, I paid $104. All of this "diagnosis" obviously could have been done over the phone. In addition, the repairman was one of the least friendly people I have ever had in our home. Do not hire these guys!

Description of Work
Estimate for repair of Samsung Refrigerator with broken ice makers.

06/11/2019

Julia H.

It never got off the ground! I submitted my request on June 3rd, received an email from Angie’s list that it had been submitted that day, and waited over a week. Never heard from the company. I just called (June 11th) and a recording came on stating because they had lost their last technician, they are not accepting any more service calls. It would have been nice to know that a week ago! Now I have to start my search/inquiry all over again. I would suggest Mr. Appliance of Pittsburgh be removed from your listings until they can adequately staff themselves to take on service calls.

Description of Work
Fix ice dispenser

Category appliance repair

Due to having no technicians we are unable to run service calls. When we get an experienced technician we will be able to start up again. We have been closed since the first week of March 2019. This is something we have no control over, we also had to lay off our office leaving us with no employees Thank You Mary Ann Moore Owner

03/04/2018

Dan H.

The problem was diagnosed correctly, a bad timer that controls the defrost cycle. The part was ordered and installed about ten days later. The refrigerator works great again!

Description of Work
Refrigerator reepair

02/05/2018

Noah T.

Initially the repairs worked 5 months but then the issue came back. They came out a total of 4 times and replaced the main board and pressure sensor both twice. I am trying a different company.

Description of Work
They attempted to repair my LG washer and dryer.

09/27/2017

Eduardo L.

First, I was glad that I was able to schedule an appointment within a few days instead of a couple of weeks. The day of the appointment I was notified by phone within the requested time frame that the technician was on his way to my place. The person from Mr. Appliance of Pittsburgh was very professional and knowledgeable. He was able to diagnose the problem pretty fast and provided me with a quote. I agreed on the price and he proceeded with the repairs immediately. At the end the washing machine was back in working conditions.

Description of Work
My washing machine was not draining

09/25/2017

Brian M.

George called about 15 minutes ahead of time. Arrived on time and got right to work. He was able to diagnose the issue very quickly and confirmed that the igniter for the bake function was in fact not heating. He was able to replace the part and confirm that the part was functioning correctly. He then tested all of the functions of the range and confirmed that everything was in working order. He was also very good about explaining what he was doing and why he was doing it so if I ever felt the urge to do some DIY, I might actually have a chance of pulling it off!

Description of Work
We needed the igniter replaced for the bake function on our stove.

09/04/2017

Derek B.

Very knowledgeable and polite. Adjusted Stove, no parts needed.

Description of Work
Inspection of gas stove.

08/26/2017

Kristine A.

They kept me up to date as far as when the technician would arrive. He put booties over his shoes before entering, was friendly & professional, & got the dishwasher up and running in minutes.

Description of Work
My dishwasher wasn't working.

08/25/2017

Laureen M.

Pretty well. Required a new electronic board. Unfortunately, the first one sent by the supplier, was not the correct one, so it took an extra week to repair. It would have been nice if they could have sent someone out a little earlier. It was 5 days before someone could take a look at the dryer, to even determine if could be fixed.

Description of Work
My dryer needed repaired.

08/18/2017

Angela S.

Found problem right away and had part in truck, fixed right away. Came a little later than 2 hour window, but over all satisfied.

Description of Work
Washer wouldn`t wash or drain.

06/07/2017

JAMES F D.

They were actually pretty good. The quality was good. The price is fair.

Description of Work
We had to have a burner replaced.

06/06/2017

Nancy G.

No comment....no response from the company.

Description of Work
Terrible company....called them at 8:00 am. Waited for return call....NO ONE even bothered to return my call after answering service that someone would contact me about my washer.....WASTE OF TIME....... it was for a repair on my washer..

05/30/2017

MARY ANN B.

Serviceman determined the problem to be a broken thermostat. He was very courteous & knowledgeable. Unfortunately, the oven is 50 years and a new thermostat was not available so the repair couldn't be completed.

Description of Work
Service call re repair of built-in oven

05/10/2017

Suzanne K.

Excellent. The customer service over the phone when I was setting up the appointment was exceptional. The woman was very friendly and understanding. I was nine months pregnant with my fourth child, due to deliver any day, and without the use of my washing machine. She was able to get me on the schedule within the next day, maybe two. And the technician who came was professional, knowledgable and kind. The only negative comment I would make is that it was a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. They did an excellent job in a timely manner so it was worth it to me.

Description of Work
I needed a repair on my washing machine- simple part replacement but required expertise & strength. I was very impressed with the technician.

05/09/2017

Tim L.

Went very well, had the part on his truck and fixed it quickly

Description of Work
Fixed my dishwasher, checked my oven I chose to replace it, rather than have it fixed

04/27/2017

kim B.

Very professional, explained the problem to me, very knowledgeable, and affordable. The work area was left nice and neat.

Description of Work
They replaced the faulty igniter part that they had installed two months ago.

04/12/2017

Johnny W.

Went very well. Very friendly, professional, and knowledgable.

Description of Work
Replaced oven igniter.

04/07/2017

Nancy L.

I called Mr. Appliance for a an in-warranty repair of a Bosch dishwasher. The dishwasher is making excessive noise. When they arrived, they informed me that they were going to look for broken glass and if they found it I would have to pay for the visit. They spent 10 minutes looking for the nonexistent glass and were quite disappointed that they did not find any. They turned on the dishwasher and decided the noise was tolerable. I explained that the noise was new and not what I paid for. They called Bosch to ask for advice. Bosch told them what needed to be repaired. They felt that Bosch did not know what they were talking about and then left without repairing anything.

Description of Work
Bosch dishwasher warranty repair.

Category appliance repair

The procedure with any kind of noise in a dishwasher is to clear the pump/sump area of glass and debris. We rarely have excessive noise unless something is rubbing against the pump Impeller. The tech did the correct thing. Any time you have something like glass or bone pieces or hard objects go through the pump you risk the sound of the pump changing. This is most likely the issue and Bosch authorizes us to decide if the issue will cause the machine to not function normally. The tech did not feel there was excessive noise and the noise wasn't effecting the operation of the dishwasher so he didn't replace any parts.

03/03/2017

Robin K.

Tech came to house to check oven. When he was there I had an emergency phone call. I was only on the phone for 5 minutes. When I was done on the phone, the tech told me the control broard was the problem and to fix it, it would cost $500. He told me my stove was a 2007, which I thought was odd, but at the time I was have a family issue, and could not deal with it. I wrote a check for $250, half the amount required. On his way out the door he told me it would be at least 8 day before rescheduling, because it took sometime for the part to come in. After he left I starting thinking and realized that my stove was NOT that old. I got the sereral number and check it online. It is a 2012 and that INDEED MY control board is covered under warrenty. I emailed Mr. Applicance within 4 hours of them coming out to cancel the transaction. I explained that the part was covered under my warrenty. I and was told that I had to pay a $75 fee to come out and a $50 restock part fee. I totally agree on the $75 fee for coming out, but come on, $50 restock. I told them LESS then 4 hours I was canceling the tranaction. YOUR tech told me it took several days for the part to come in. The next day when I called to speak with the owned the person who anawsered the phone(bob, I believed) claimed they were in and out all day and could not be reached. I guess the owners do not have a cell phones. He, (bob) said, the part was there. Amazing when the day before it was going to be a least 8 days before I could reschedule. THIS IS CALLED TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE CUSTOMER. shame on you

Description of Work
Kitchaide oven not heating. Stove top was working, but oven was not.

02/28/2017

Kevin S.

The technician was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Kept me informed about when the parts came in and was out promptly to replace everything.

Description of Work
Dish washer needed repaired. Door was falling off.

02/22/2017

Christiane S.

Called Mr. Appliance and was given an appointment for 2 days later: there was a confirmatory email the next day with a 2 hour window for the day of service. On the day of service we got a 15 min alert that George was on his way. George was hugely professional (had shoe covers over his shoes), and completed the job in 1 1/2 hours. The total charge was $200.-. About $26.- of that was for a new plastic door link and included a $20.- senior discount. He noted some small deficiencies in the installation of the dishwasher (NOT done by their company) and fixed those while doing the leak repair.

Description of Work
Our Kitchenaid dishwasher made a loud popping sound as I opened the door, and then started to leak when I turned it on.

02/20/2017

Byron S.

It took four visits by the technician to fix this problem. First time, he said it needed a $500+ sensor; after that was installed and failed to fix the problem, he installed a new icemaker. After that failed to solve the problem, he returned a fourth time and discovered a broken wire. He fixed the wire and everything was fine. I had to call the owner, however, to get a refund for the expensive parts I didn't need; I would have thought that would be automatic. Once I reached the owner, however, he immediately agreed to refund the difference between the cost of repair and what I had already paid.

Description of Work
My icemaker stopped working.

12/16/2016

AMANDA L.

Scheduling: friendly and considerate Confirmation: by email, confirmed approximate time when I called the day of, and called me when the technician was on the way. Couldn't have asked for more. Technician: friendly and professional, used shoe covers as always. Showed me in 2 seconds what was wrong with the range (or rather, helped me figure it out- even better) and then told me how to fix it, which took a millisecond. So took that service call fee right off! For the oven, explained what he was doing and why, called the company, and confirmed how to adjust the set temperature. Problem solved. Was friendly with my cats too!

Description of Work
one burner on gas range was not working, and oven was not heating properly

11/30/2016

Robert D.

The service provider was excellent. I have used them many times.

Description of Work
I hired this provider to fix my washing machine.

10/27/2016

Deborah L.

George was prompt, considerate, and thorough and had us fixed in no time at all! Would ask for him specifically any time I needed assistance. He was great!

Description of Work
Top rack of dishwasher continuously in need of repair - had done so with zip ties for years!