Lowe Painting Services

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2008

Lowe Painting Services is the leading interior painting business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding areas. With almost 30 years of experience, licensed technicians, and quality painting equipment - we're the perfect professionals for the job. Paint can change the entire atmosphere of a room. Whether you're looking to embolden your dining room with rues or red or wanting to create a serene getaway in your master bedroom with baby blues, we're able to transform your home. We take the time to listen to your concerns, provide you with our expert advice and recommendations, and give you all of the information you need to feel comfortable making choices about what makes your home!...

interior painting (86)house painting (16)deck cleaning (5)pressure washing (4)door installation (3)handyman (3)decks & porches (3)wallpaper removal (2)plastering (2)lighting (2)screen repair (1)

06/06/2021

Eric L.

I wish I could give 10 stars. Ray and his team did a great job. THe team is really fast and skilled. They know what they are doing. We were painting an old house to get it ready to sell. They removed ancient wall paper and painted everything. Plus Ray had really good ideas to further improve the house and I'm sure they made the house much more valuable. Ray stayed with the job even as the requirements kept creeping. He showed up weekends and holidays if necessary. He owned the work. Did a great job, was timely and responsible. You couldn't ask for better.

Description of Work
Remove wall paper from sevveral rooms and repaint entire interior of house plus some exterior painting

Category wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/03/2021

03/16/2021

Tina D.

I am absolutely thrilled with the work they did. Not only did they do a great job with painting our walls and trim but the patching work was amazing. They made some spots we dealt with being a mess for years, look brand new. They were super polite and easy to work with as well. I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for interior painting!!

Description of Work
Painting walls and trim/drywall repair

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

02/11/2021

Jared W.

Ray did outstanding work in our home. They were on time every day and completed the job as scheduled. He was kind to accommodate concurrent renovations. Special thanks to John and Brian too! I’ve already recommended them to friends.

Description of Work
Entire home interior paint

Work Completed On 01/23/2021

11/10/2020

Allen D.

We are doing different home projects right now. We call a contractor and hope for a call back in a week or more and maybe getting the work done in two or three months. We called Ray of Lowe Painting on a Tuesday. He called back the same day and came out to look at the job the next day. That night we had a quote. We accepted and on Thursday he told us they could come out Saturday which they did. They were at our home Saturday morning, went to work and finished that day. Five days start to finish and they did excellent work. Lowe Painting will now get all of our painting projects.

Description of Work
Painting interior garage walls, ceiling and steel support beam

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

11/10/2020

Jack & Karen G.

Ray responded promptly to my call and provided an estimate for the service even though he seldom takes that small a job. He gave some advise and a convincing explanation on the type of paint he generally uses. He advised that he could complete the job and have the house livable in one day. He scheduled at my convenience and arrived promptly with two employees that morning. I remained outdoors or in a bedroom that was not being painted so was able to look in from time to time. They worked steadily and carefully and completed the project by mid-afternoon. They replaced the furniture and removed any debris from the worksite leaving the excess paint. Overall it was a very satisfactory experience with minimal disruption and most important a lovely new paint job.

Description of Work
Interior painting of three rooms.

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

08/30/2020

Staci Q.

We received a quote from Lowes Painting Services and came to find out that the quote only covered the cost of painting the walls -- NOT the window sills (the area between the window and the wall). The painter said that the window sills would cost extra.

Description of Work
Painting Interior of House

Category deck cleaning, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

When I was on the estimate I was asked for a quote to paint the walls and ceilings only. ( not including the trim, of which crown, windows, baseboards, chair rail, doors, jams, stringers, risers and spindles fall under.)) sorry for the miscommunication , but I only bib on what I was asked to.

07/15/2020

Stephanie S.

Ray was fantastic to work with. He was incredibly responsible and dependable. When work needed to be corrected, he was back at my house within an hour to paint the small area that was missed. I greatly expanded the scope of services that were required and Ray accommodated my request, quickly painting my entire house in only 3 days. I would recommend Ray to anyone.

Description of Work
Painting of Interior of houes

Category deck cleaning, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/15/2020

Lora C.

They did a great job. Done in couple hours. Professional and provided ideas and tools to assist with color choice. Had other bids but they were the most helpful

Description of Work
Paint bedroom

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

06/03/2020

Mark R.

Ray and his team were awesome! Showed up at 8am, ready to go, and just get moving throughout the day. My entire house was down in two days - and it was extremely well done. The best part is that they are a very nice group of people and were fun to have around during the day. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs to have work done. Professional, personal, and efficient. I will definitely use these guys when we get into our new house!

Description of Work
We were planning a move and need the entire interior painted

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

10/04/2019

T B.

Perfect in every way. Quick quote, quick scheduling, reasonable price, excellent work. Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
paint family room kitchen and gameroom

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

10/01/2019

Barbara M.

Someone sent me a message this wasn’t in their job description

Description of Work
Painting interior walls

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

09/23/2019

Matt M.

Job Overview: Interior painting of five (5) rooms in the bottom unit (1st floor) of a duplex. Overall Feedback: This is the first time I used Lowe Painting Services and I was very impressed. Ray was an excellent communicator and was very prompt in his response and was efficient in organizing the estimate, communicating my quote, scheduling the painting. Crew Feedback: Ray and his team (2 other members) were very good at what they do. I was a bit hesitant when they initially started to paint because they did not tape off corners and was unsure the overall strategy of the painting by room. But, I would recommend you trust the process because they have a system and a flow for how they paint the various rooms. I was also very impressed by the quality of the job, they were very attentive to the fine details (i.e. corners and edges) in the various rooms.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

08/14/2019

P W.

very well!! they came promptly as agreed. Their work was done in a day and they did a very good job. they were very professional and cordial. I would hire them in the future whenever I need interior painting done. Highly recommend this team.

Description of Work
They painted the basement laundry room

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

01/30/2019

Margaret M.

Ray and team did an amazing job - we couldn't be happier with the work! The price was fair and Ray was accurate with his estimates. As the scope of work changed (we added on), he provided a good ballpark of cost and time. Communication throughout was excellent. Crew was very professional. We will be hiring again in the future for additional rooms.

Description of Work
Interior Painting & Light Installation

Category lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

01/22/2019

Gregory T.

Ray and his crew did a great job. They were on site early both days of my project and were very friendly and knowledgeable. The work was top quality, both the painting and repairing the walls to cover holes in the plaster from hanging objects. They went above and beyond to do an excellent job and I would recommend Ray to anyone.

Description of Work
Needed entire interior of house painted.

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

08/19/2018

lawrence S.

very well as stated they were prompt efficient and fair in their price

Description of Work
paint bedrooms

Work Completed On 08/19/2018

08/15/2018

Suzanne F.

Ray Lowe had the difficult job of removing old crumbling sealant from old crumbling sandstone walls in my cellar, and then applying 2 coats of heavy white sealant to the exposed sandstone. He emptied out an alcove full of stuff which i had not mentioned as part of the project and re-did the walls there. he noticed gaps in the sandstone and bought special material to fill them. 2 coats of cement paint to the floors finished off the project. I had a new cellar. I was impressed by Ray's initiative and hard work and I thought his fee was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Re-did my cellar

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

11/06/2017

Gail H.

Can not say enough good things about Lowe Painting. Quick response to my inquiry. Showed up on time. Did a fantastic job and cleaned up nicely afterwards. Very happy customer here.

Description of Work
Painted living room and kitchen walls and ceilings.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

11/01/2017

Alicia T.

Fantastic job! They didn't leave paint drippings, the edging was great!

Description of Work
I had my entire house painted by Ray and his team. They were excellent! They worked with my schedule which on relatively short order. They were professional, clean, and did an excellent job. I will definitely hire again! Thanks guys!

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

09/05/2017

ROSEANN M.

Ray and partner where professional , punctual, neat, and courteous and did a great job on the very large basement that I have. I would hire them again for any painting project that I have.

Description of Work
Painting of large basement

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

08/25/2017

Laureen M.

Excellent! Crew arrived on time both days, completed the work quickly and worked cleanly. The painting is well done and we couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Interior painting of my foyer, stairway, and upstairs hallway.

Work Completed On 08/25/2017

06/12/2017

Richard M.

Ray team did a great job on our house. His team was prompt and he was finished on time. The paint looked great on the walls. The crew was extremely clean and they cut well between the ceiling and the wall. Ray was great at response time to questions and scheduling. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Whole house painted

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

09/10/2016

DM G.

Great! This crew is prompt, polite, experienced and hard working. Mr. Lowe was available to give me an estimate soon after I called and I got the estimate e-mailed right away. He communicated well by phone and text. I was amazed that the job was completed to my satisfaction in the 4 days predicted. Mr. Lowe knew that the house was an estate being prepared for sale, so he offered some suggestions after the first day to improve the appeal of the house. He was right on target every time! I grew up in the house and was blind to some things that had "always been there." Mr. Lowe and his 2 painters left the house like new - I didn't have to clean up a single thing after them.. I liked the professionalism, price and work that this crew provided so much that I've hired them again to work on the second half of the house and the exterior painting. I was grateful to Mr. Lowe for sharing his experience and felt that the advice was added value to an already well executed painting job. Wow! Angie's List comes thru with a winner again!

Description of Work
I needed 4 bedrooms, 2 hallways, 2 sets of stairs and a 2 car garage painted. None of them had been painted in many years. There was repair work to do on the walls in all cases.