House & Building Engineering

Founded 1975 • With Angi since January 2007

Owner operated. Uses subs for drafting. Charges an hourly rate of $120. Travel charges apply. Lic #PE023415E....

Champion Waterproofing Inc

Champion Waterproofing Inc

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner!! Lifetime Warranty / Free Inspections. Our company is very experienced in the waterproofing industry. We have over 18,000 satisfied customers, all with lifetime transferrable guarantees. We solve all types of below grade foundation issues: wet basements, bowing walls, sinking foundations. We have proudly served the Western Pennsylvania area for 29 years. Please call for your free inspection, and we will gladly send a qualified representative to provide you with simple, honest information. Toll Free :1 800 242 6799

07/23/2014

Roy Kim was professional, punctual, and polite. His fee was extremely reasonable. He took his time and explained everything in detail and with ease. I would recommend him to anyone concerned with the foundation of their home. He will provide an un bias assessment.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roy Kim examined the foundation of a home we plan to renovate. He examined the home inside and out. He sketched his suggestion to provide a visual of the cause of the moist basement and thoroughly explained how the issue can be resolved. He included 3 steps we could take to aid in eliminating the moisture in the basement starting with the least expensive.

06/18/2014

Awesome. So glad I listened to the other reviews and went with them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called and the very next day Chris (son?) came by to help me determine a  non-emergency structural issue. He was incredibly professional and knowledgeable that we would use them again in a heartbeat. He talked me through everything he did and gave me a final assessment (in writing too!).

03/11/2014

There was a scheduling issue that was completely my fault, so Roy was not able to do the work.   He was very courteous in working it out with me after I loused up his schedule.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
No service was performed.

02/15/2014

Chris Kim, a professional engineer, came out promptly.  He examined the wall that we wanted to remove (load-bearing) that had a garage beneath and second floor and attic above. He examined structure in garage and basement as well as the hallway upstairs and the structure of the roof in the attic. He was very informative and gave a lot of information as he was making his inspection and measurements...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Structural plans for removal of load bearing wall as well as determination that another wall was not load-bearing and would not need any structural support if removed.

10/14/2013

Mr. Kim arrived a few minutes late which didn't surmise me as I live in the boonies. He was very professional, but personable at the same time. Mr. Kim did a thorough investigation of the house to see what damage has already been done so he could determine the cause. He was here approximately two hours and I felt he did an excellent job. Now it's up to me to find a contractor who can follow his in...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He examined the foundation inside and out and the I-beams supporting the inner structure of the house. He took measurements using a laser level to determine where the problem started. He inspected floor joists for damage and deterioration. He went over his findings with me before he left, but he also wrote up a detailed report that I can use to get estimates for the repair work.

CATEGORY structural engineer,foundation repair

House & building structural & related engineering services including design, evaluation & consulting and structural inspection. Forensic Engineering. Assistance in obtaining building permits & variances.

General home inspections. Construction