Griffin Inspection Services LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since February 2013

1 Morgan Ave

Pittsburgh, PA 15223

Griffin Inspection Services is a home inspection company based in Pittsburgh that operates in Allegheny, Beaver, and Butler. The mission of Griffin Inspection Services is to provide high quality and in depth home inspections and reports so that you as customer can feel confident in the home you are purchasing....

02/03/2021

Andrew B.

Performed a home inspection for a home I purchased in 2014. Noted knob and tube wiring in the attic and stated that it was dead after checking it. Selling the house 6 years later, low and behold, live portions of knob and tube wiring. And other live portions visible in the basement. For as serious of an issue as this could have been, more diligent work should have been performed. Incredibly disappointed at the poor quality exhibited.

Description of Work
Buyer’s home inspection

07/30/2018

Cindy P.

He was very thorough and gave me excellent recommendations. I was extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
I needed someone to do a home inspection.

02/12/2018

PATRICIA C.

I hired Griffin Inspections to do 2 home inspections. The first one was completed and I decided against buying the house so I requested a second inspection when I found another house. Andy was thorough and completely inspected every aspect of both houses. He climbed on the roof of both houses and the first one was a two story house and was scary for me to watch him so high up but he did a thorough roof inspection and found numerous issues on the first house. He even had to deal with my meltdown when I realized the first house was in much worse shape than I thought. When it was time for the second inspection, Andy gave me a discount which I really appreciated. The cost listed below is for the first house and included pest inspection and radon. He took the time to explain every aspect of the inspections to me and the follow up reports were comprehensive and extremely easy to understand. Hopefully I will never buy another, but if I do, I would call Griffin to do the inspection and will recommend him to anyone looking for a home inspector.

Description of Work
Home Inspection(s)

11/21/2017

Kara L.

I hired Griffin Inspection Services to complete a home inspection so I could determine if the house was worth purchasing. I called off work that day so I could be there during the inspection. As a single mother of two boys I was relying on the inspection to determine of the house was safe for my children and I. I spoke to Griffin about the roof. I knew it was older and would eventually need replaced but I told him I couldn't afford to pay for a new roof right after buying the house. He told me I had about 3 years left. He did not go on the roof but took pictures from a mounted camera that he did not mount. Based on his opinion and the photos I believed I had time to save for a new roof. 13 days after I moved in it rained and while I was sleeping water came down in my bedroom from the light fixture hanging from the ceiling. I called Custom Remodeling LLC to come and determine were the water was coming from. The owner climbed into my attic using the rafter and immediately found black mold and broken wood on the structure of the roof. Water was coming from the roof into the attic and down into the light fixture and it was clear it was going on for awhile. While this obvious leak and hole were missed by the inspector because he doesn't have to go inside my attic ( actually if you look at his contract his number of items he 'shall do' verses the number of what he doesn't have to do is very telling in the quality of service you will get) What was SHOCKING was the hole the size of my fist he missed on my roof. (See pictures) there were a total of 20 holes on my roof and he didn't mention one. While I had to get a new roof installed that I couldn't afford I decided to go though his list of recommendations to make sure my home was safe. One recommendation was to have an HVAC company come out to service the AC coils and furnace and he stated they were VERY dirty. I called a company to come and clean it and had them read what he wrote so they knew what exactly needed done. The guy came up and said the system was CLEAN. Confusing right. After going though paperwork the previous owners left I found a receipt from Aug 2017 showing the HVAC unit was CLEANED and serviced, the inspection was done Set 2017 and marked VERY Dirty, I paid a company $95 to clean it based on Griffin's recommendation in November and they stated it was CLEAN. I am sick at his lack of care for my children's well being and my own. $500 for an inspection and $95 for a service I didn't need. I can't trust his report now and will have to pay anyone inspector to come in.

Description of Work
Home inspection

07/06/2017

Noah T.

Andy was very responsive and professional, and the inspection report was very thorough. Because I was out of state at the time of the inspection, Andy went the extra mile by sending me videos, responding to my texts, and calling me to go over problems that he identified. He seemed very knowledgeable but also honest about the purview of his expertise. The reason I am giving a "B" for punctuality is that the report took a couple of days longer than quoted by the receptionist who made the appointment. Overall, though, I was quite pleased and would highly recommend Griffin Inspection Services.

Description of Work
Home inspection, including radon and pest

06/08/2017

Thomas R.

Andy was able to schedule us on very short notice, which was greatly appreciated. He was on time and performed a thorough inspection, taking time to explain everything he was looking at, both good and bad, in each room. Despite it being new construction by a reputable builder, he did find a few areas for concern and created a detailed report with photographs. We were able to take this to our pre-drywall meeting with our project manager and have all of the issues resolved to our satisfaction. Exactly what we hoped for, and really helped put our minds at ease that we have built a quality home. We will likely have Andy come out again before our year long warranty period with the builder is up to do one last sanity check. Overall very pleased, and highly recommend Andy and Griffin Inspection Services.

Description of Work
We are constructing a new home and wanted an independent home inspector to pre-inspect the home prior to the drywall being put up.

04/05/2017

Julie S.

Mr. Griffin was very responsive and accomodating and squeezed us in during their busy schedule because of our time frame He was more than THOROUGH. He impressed not only us, but my other very particular hard to impress relatives! The report includes pictures, detailed descriptions, etc. very happy with our choice. thanks Angie's List!!!

Description of Work
house inspection for purchasing a new existing home

11/22/2016

Gloria H.

Home Inspection went very well, Andy was very professional and explained everything to us and he was very thorough and patient. Andy took his time with the inspection. He inspected everything and he is an excellent inspector that I would hire again and will recommend him to friends and co-workers.

Description of Work
Home Inspectjion

08/22/2016

Samuel K.

Very knowledgeable, nice and thorough! I've been recommending them to anyone I know buying a house and 2 of my friends who had bought houses used his services for the same thing and we're just as pleased. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
A full home inspection

08/21/2016

Chris M.

Andy Griffin and his assistant arrived right on time. They had a systematic approach to inspecting the house. They welcomed and encouraged my participation. They took the time to answer many questions along the way. Andy used equipment to look for problems which might not visible to the naked eye (e.g. moisture sensors, infrared cameras, etc). He provided a detailed report a couple days later. He was also available via phone/email to address follow-up questions. This is my second time using Griffin Inspection services and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Home inspection on a 8 year old house.

Allegiance Home Inspection

Family owned home inspection business. We offer a 15% discount to all veterans. I understand choosing the right home inspector can be difficult. Unlike most professionals, you probably will not get to meet me until after you hire me. Furthermore, different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods and -- yes -- different pricing. One thing is for sure a good home inspection requires work -- a lot of work, care and devotion. Ultimately, a thorough inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort. If you give me the honor and privilege of inspecting your home, I will give you my very best effort. This I promise you.

Golden Integrity Home Inspections

Golden Integrity provides a complete whole home inspection from roof to foundation that is done with honesty and clarity for every client. Call today to schedule your appointment at (724)-421-9835.

Offers by Golden Integrity Home Inspections on Angi

Home inspection, radon testing, pest inspection, pre-sale home inspection, maintenance inspection, post renovation inspection

Repair cost estimating