Gino Ledonne Concrete

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2008

106 Kinross Ln

Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Locally owned and operated since 2008 and over 30 years experience. Concrete replacement of driveways, patios, walkways, sidewalks, steps, and versa-lok walls. No repairs. No subcontractors. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Free estimates. Licensed and insured. ...

07/12/2022

Tiffany Y.

For my project, Gino and his employees built a new concrete driveway, sidewalks, and steps; applied an overlay for my front stoop; and built a Versa-Lok retaining wall. Gino and his employees communicated very respectfully to my husband, me, and neighbors. Their work was very conscientious. I think that their work looks very, very nice.

Description of Work
Concrete driveway, sidewalks, steps; overlap for front stoop; Versa-Lok retaining wall

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hardscaping

05/22/2020

Andrew S.

Gino had a very detailed plan. He and his crew removed brick sidewalk and patio and replaced with concrete. Installed drain. The concrete was fashioned for proper drainage of rain. Cleaned up after. Looks great! Gino also fixed a gate while he was here. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace sidewalk an patio.

09/01/2019

Richard C.

The results were better than I imagined. I am more than happy with the results. Geno is a first class person. He is honest, up front and over delivers on his promises. Most of all he is trustworthy. I could have paid him before he started and got the same results. He takes pride in his work and it shows.

Description of Work
I have a man home cover in my driveway. It was sinking and cracking around it.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review that truly reflects Gino's work ethic. We appreciate customers like you!

05/01/2019

Mimi F.

I never thought I would be excited by concrete work, but..the driveway looks wonderful and the concrete replacement of the grass strip near the street is just what I had hoped for. Gino and his two helpers worked 2 long hard days, jackhammering cement, digging up dirt and grass and wheelbarrellng cement up the driveway. We would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Replace part of driveway and take out grass strip by the street curb and replace with cement.

12/03/2018

ANN R.

He did a great job. I would definitely use him again and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He did some concrete work for me.

09/12/2018

Tim T.

Gino is great to work with. The 15x20 patio was demoed, removed, replaced with a 16x23 concrete patio 4-5" thick, with wire mesh, rebar to anchor to house, 2" of 2b limestone gravel base. Everything was hauled away, and Gino spread topsoil where the lawn was damaged by bringing the concrete to the back of the house. Very satisfied with how it turned out.

Description of Work
Replaced concrete patio

09/04/2018

Allyn M.

Excellent work with the least inconvenience possible. Cleaned up and replaced brick edging. Very happy with the work. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
replaced old driveway with new concrete

06/28/2018

Carolyn E.

We are very happy with Gino LeDonne's work. I am pleased with the design and layout, and the broom finish is excellent. He designed a nice curve to the street, and finished off the drainage area with rocks. He did not skimp on concrete, as it is a good thickness. When the limestone wall was rebuilt, he regraded the slope. My husband is an engineer with 40+ years in construction, so he is very particular about who we hire. He is glad that I "found" Gino Ledonne on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Tear out and install new concrete driveway. An adjacent limestone wall was taken down, and rebuilt after the driveway concrete was placed.

05/14/2018

Ronald R.

We hired Gino LeDonne to replace our asphalt driveway with a concrete driveway. He was quick to come to our home and provide an estimate. Once a start date was established we had our driveway within 2 1/2 days from start to finish. He made follow up calls to inquire if we had any questions throughout the process and if we were satisfied. They were very professional and the work is absolutely beautiful! We would definitely recommend Gino...it is obvious he takes pride in his work and it shows. Ron and Maria Riggle

Description of Work
entire new driveway

04/01/2018

Erin L.

Gino removed the old, failing wall and installed new retaining walls on both sides of the driveway. This included a recessed area for trash cans and rerouting downspouts for proper drainage. He and one other worker did the job; every day they showed up early and worked all day. The job took 5 full days, which was longer than expected due to problems they ran into with large roots and difficult/rocky landscape. They worked Saturday and Sunday - which is unusual but I was happy they did. I wanted to reuse some of the old blocks for a small garden area in our back yard and Gino moved them to the back yard and stacked them in piles for me to use when I'm ready. He even measured the area for my garden wall to see how many blocks I would need. I thought that was really nice. Throughout the process, Gino had me come out and talk through the few problems I mentioned previously, as well as design issues. I could tell he really cared about the way the project would turn out. I ended up very comfortably acquiescing to his recommendations because he was a real craftsman and I trusted him. I didn't feel like he was trying to cut corners or make things easier for himself, but actually thinking about what was best. We have had a slew of contractors in our house/yard over the years and he is the only one I have trusted to do good work. I cannot wait for him to come back and redo our driveway and backyard patio. The wall looks AMAZING. I enjoy pulling into my driveway and seeing how nice it looks.

Description of Work
Removal of old wall, built new wall

Category concrete repair, drain pipe, hardscaping

Thank-you [Member Name Removed] for the great review! I am so honored that you can see that I take pride in my work and want only to please my customers and give them a quality job. It really means a lot that you took the time to write. See you again for the driveway/patio project! Gino

02/28/2018

Chuck W.

The front walk from the porch to the street was supposed to be straight, the original walk was at an odd angle. I had made him aware of this, the new walk is now at an angle in the other direction and not perpendicular to the porch as was agreed

Description of Work
New sidewalks

08/24/2017

Leah M.

Gino and his team were fantastic to work with! One of the reasons we chose Gino was because we felt like he cared about the project when he came out to give us a quote. He talked through how he would handle various parts of it, which made us comfortable. Even as the project started, we weren't sure what we were going to do about our large tree that is close to the edge of the driveway that had old cinder block around it, that wasn't really part of the project - Gino looked at it and offered to run the new retaining wall down past the tree and remove the old block....something we hadn't thought of....but he did and it looks beautiful! The main part of the project took 4 days. Gino was on site every day and gave us updates throughout the project. He and his team came back out a few days later to remove the molds, seal the concrete, and clean up. The left everything looking great. Based on our research and other quotes that we got, Gino's price was very competitive and worth every penny! My house looks so much nicer with our new driveway, wall, and porch.

Description of Work
We had our gravel driveway (approx 18.5ftx60ft) concreted including a drain near our garage, also had our retaining wall replaced, and had our front porch and steps replaced with concrete.

Category decks, concrete driveways

07/20/2017

debbi B.

It didn't - they do not do the work advertised as I needed

Description of Work
I just called to make an appt for company to come out but was told Gene does not repair concrete, only pours new. Then it shouldn't say on this page concrete - pouring & repair.

05/09/2017

Blake M.

Gino did a fantastic job. He was easy to work with, responsive, and customer oriented. He installed a large patio in exposed aggregate. Job went really well overall. Gino was onsite working with the crew and ensured the job went smooth. Overall, great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to refer and/or hire again. Excellent job Gino!

Description of Work
Gino installed a large exposed aggregate patio

04/27/2017

Bruce T.

Very well. Gino responded quickly. He was very friendly. He gave me an estimate and charged exactly the estimate. His team completed the majority of the work in two days, and returned a week later to finish repairs to the lawn. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replace part of driveway.

04/19/2017

Wendy W.

Very well. It looks great. Took extra steps to make it look it's best. Left site clean when finished. Very friendly and a pleasant.

Description of Work
Pave a second concrete pad off original concrete driveway.

Marianne Z.

Excellent job! Beautiful work in a timely manner, and at a very reasonable price. Gino is a true craftsman!

Description of Work
A walkway and sidewalk

Marianne Z.

Gino and his crew excavated all the cement and set up forms in one day! The next day was snowy and cold, but Gino showed up to finish the preliminary work to pour the cement. On the third day, the cement was poured. By noon or earlier they were finished, except for clean-up and sealing cement, which was done the 4th day within a few hours. Gino took care of all permits beforehand. As for the work quality, Gino and crew exceeded expectations. We had very uneven ground due to old tree roots, but that was no problem for Gino. Everything was done to perfection. Gino takes pride in his work and wants his customers to be happy. His work ethic is second to none. And for price, he can't be beat. He charges almost half as much as some other contractors we got estimates from. We highly recommend Gino LeDonne!!

Description of Work
We needed a walkway and sidewalk replaced.

Marianne Z.

Fantastic workmanship! I did notice some concrete spilled on steps going into front door, and called to see if they could return to remove it, but no one came. It was not very noticeable, so I didnt follow up.

Description of Work
We had a walkway and sidewalk replaced in April 2017. Gino and his crew excavated all the old cement and set up forms in one day! The next day was snowy and cold, but Gino showed up to finish the preliminary work to pouring the cement. On the third day, the cement was poured, and by noon or earlier,they were finished, except for clean-up and sealing, which Gino completed on the 4th day, within a few hours. Gino took care of all permits beforehand, and traffic control, because he needed a pumptruck. For the work quality, Gino and crew exceeded expectations. We had very uneven ground due to old tree roots, but that was no problem for Gino. Everything was done to perfection. Gino takes pride in his work and wants his customers to be happy. His work ethic is second to none. After having disappointments with contractors over the years, Gino and crew were a refreshing change. And for price, he can't be beat. We highly recommend Gino Ledonne!!

01/23/2017

Cindy E.

Perfect. Gino is a great contractor. He responded to me, he showed up for every meeting and work on time. He followed through on his promises, he was creative to help solve some design problems and he and his crew were very professional, polite and did a great job.

Description of Work
aggregate cement walkway, patio and porch stoop

01/02/2017

judy M.

Gino and his whole crew were friendly, competent and professional. Gino's attention to detail and pride in his work were obvious. We are very happy with the finished driveway.

Description of Work
Replacing a cracked and sunken concrete driveway

11/02/2016

Ryan C.

Everything went perfectly. Total job took less than 3 days. Gino was very accommodating of special requests and worked with our schedule. Have recommended to friends and family.

Description of Work
Removed an old asphalt driveway, replaced with exposed aggregate concrete driveway, extended size.

10/31/2016

Bob K.

Very well -- essentially took one and one half days, exactly how long Gino said it would take.

Description of Work
Old concrete driveway (55X11 feet) removed and new concrete driveway installed.

10/23/2016

James W.

Gino is the consummate old pro (and I mean that with total respect). When he came out to meet with us, he asked all the right questions and came up with some solutions right away for our drainage issues. Whenever we did encounter a challenge (hidden tree stump, even more drainage issues than originally addressed), Gino came up with a good solution at a fair price. When it was time to get the concrete poured, Gino and his crew worked diligently to get the job completed on schedule. What a transformation between our old and new driveway. To sum it up, we thoroughly enjoyed working with Gino and love our new driveway!

Description of Work
Old asphalt driveway removed, tree stump removed, drainage issues addressed, driveway expanded, new concrete driveway poured.

Category concrete repair, drain pipe, hardscaping

Hi! Now that I am finally done for the season, I am getting around to reading my reviews. Thank-you so much for the detailed review and I am happy to have met and worked for you. Yes, I am an "old pro" ha,ha, I take that as a compliment. Gino

08/20/2016

steve H.

Gino did a very good job. We are extremely pleased and have received many compliments on the work.

Description of Work
patio, steps and walkway

Category concrete repair

Hello! Now that my season has ended, I finally have some time to read my reviews! Thank-you for your great review, I am pleased you appreciated my effort and the finished project. Thank-you, Gino