Evans Roofing & Gutters Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2014

1688 Ewing Circle

Pittsburgh, PA 15241

We accept credit cards, payment due upon completion of job.

12/12/2020

Maryanna K.

Office was pleasant and professional. Estimator was prompt and highly knowledgeable. Price was fair. Crew was thorough and expert. Highly recommended. Could improve customer contact concerning scheduling updates and status.

Description of Work
Gutter & downspout replacement

Category gutter repair

09/24/2020

John D.

This was a roof replacement on my elderly mother's house. I had Phil Evans name from a few years prior when I had a roof leak by my chimney. I had numerous people try to diagnose and fix that leak to no avail. I contacted Phil and sent him some pictures. He called me on the phone a few times, asked some questions and was able to diagnose the problem (it was a unique issue with some stone veneer on the chimney). Alas he said the work needed was outside of his scope of expertise. But the fact that he spent time to assess the problem and tell me the solution at no cost left a favorable impression. So when my mother needed her roof replaced, I contacted Evans for a quote. He was very competitive in terms of price. When it came time for the install, my mother called me concerned because it was a different companies name on the truck. I did not realize Evans subcontracts at times with some other installers and that would have been nice to know upfront. That said, the crew did a decent job. There were two issues when they were down - they did not replace the flashing by the chimney and they did not cover a painted white metal porch roof when doing the work (like my mother had asked) and left a bunch of marks on it. We contacted Phil and no problem, he had another crew come out and re-do the work by the chimney, replacing the old flashing. And he had his maintenance crew repaint the metal porch roof with a special paint. So while there were two minor glitches, Evans stood behind his work and had them fixed right away. So overall we are pleased and would recommend FYI - this is from work done in the summer of 2019 - I thought I had done a review but apparently never finished it so received a reminder to finish it now

Description of Work
Roof installation

09/02/2020

Danielle B.

Evans Roofing installed our roof incorrectly, admitted there was an issue with the way they installed our roof, and have failed to fix the problem after four months. I will now have to pay someone else to fix our roof. I am extremely frustrated that after numerous calls and promises that they would remedy the issue, I now have to go out and hire a new company to fix our roof. I could not be more unhappy with the service provided, and I would not recommend this company to anyone under any circumstances.

Description of Work
Roof installation

[Member Name Removed], This job was corrected and satisfied. The roof was never installed incorrectly, it was a minor issue, that was corrected in a reasonable time. We have left three messages recently for you to call us back. We would like to discuss this further with you and also provide recent pictures of the roof so you can see that everything is done correctly, but you and your husband have not responded to any voicemails or emails that we have sent. Please contact us.

08/10/2019

Stephanie S.

The problem previously noted in review was resolved and we are satisfied with the work done and the response from the company.

Description of Work
Gutter repair

09/12/2018

Daniel M.

Roof was replaced in less a week, the leak on the second floor bedroom, which initiated this replacement because a repair could not garantee and a replacement would at a total cost of 17,000. One month later the same leak is worse now I am dealing with mold. They were rated high on Angie's list. I am as angry with the Angie list as well as this roofer.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

This was not a roof leak, it was a siding leak. We went back actually fixed it at no charge. We only installed the roof.

11/03/2017

Dennis D.

The team was on time, polite, especially the team boss Jeremy. They left the my property completely clean after the work was done. It was done in the time frame given. The products used were fully explained, and the job looks totally professional. We were very pleased with all the results and would recommend to anyone. They also had the old shingle debris removed on a timely basis as well. We were pleased.

Description of Work
New regular roof, front porch roof, and back door cover roof. Replaced all felt papers, and shingles.

11/01/2017

RICHARD S.

Phil, Jeremy and the rest of the team were great from start to finish. Phil got me my quote quickly and kept me informed of what was going on the whole time - when he ordered the materials, when they came in, when the work would start etc. The only problem we had was due to thin wood on our permanent door awnings and Phil called me even though I was out of town and told me what was going on and offered solutions. The roof looks great and I know it has been done well.

Description of Work
Tore off old slate roof and put on a new EcoStar roof. (EcoStar shingles are made of recycled rubber and plastic and made to look like slate.)

08/12/2017

fred W.

outstanding-very professional and polite returned all phone calls promptly foreman outstanding--crews very good best price--good cleanup-- efficient several neighbors and three of my wife's friends have scheduled roofing work with Evans Roofing very satisfied-- any question I had--he explained or adjusted or corrected appropriately

Description of Work
replaced roof

07/28/2017

John J.

Very good and professional workers.

Description of Work
Roof repair

07/24/2017

Ron B.

Very good.

Description of Work
New roof on rental property.

07/20/2017

Dasha B.

Very good price. Quality roof and gutters. We had an emergency and they were able to come earlier than we originally planned

Description of Work
Roof and gutters replacement

06/06/2017

Shalom R.

It went smoothly. Phil provided a detailed estimate and work started within a few weeks. The work was completed within 3 days and without any major hiccups. Phil was extremely responsive to our concerns and was reachable by Angie's List messaging, phone call, and text messaging. Phil's employees were well mannered, professional, and knowledgable.

Description of Work
New roof installed on our home

05/01/2017

Aaron G.

This could not have gone any better. I had no idea what to expect insofar as an estimate because I could not tell what was actually wrong with the roof and siding. It turns out the repairs were minor and Evans did the fixes for free! I would have paid them no matter what though. These guys were a) on time, b) very professional, c) easy to talk to, and d) their explanations about the roof and siding were easy to understand. There is just no substitute for good communications and well intentioned business people. Evans has both. I am almost looking forward to when my roof really needs repair. No questions about who I'll call. Evans is a rare find. I HIGHLY recommend their business.

Description of Work
Roofing and Siding Repair

04/17/2017

Brian S.

He was great as a contractor, we hit it of and he was very easy to talk to I had him do my mother in-laws house and a few of MY customers houses.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof and I was very satisfied. It didn't take that long for them to do they are fast and sufficient.

03/03/2017

Joseph M.

Great. Phil was quick to come out and fix it. Cost was reasonable and quality was good.

Description of Work
Ridge vent damaged during wind store.

12/06/2016

Roberta S.

It no longer rains into the garage and there are no water stains on the repaired areas, so I am very satisfied with the work. The work took place one month after making the agreement with Mr. Evans and was completed in one day. This involved removing and relaying clay tile. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Replace / repair garage roof

05/11/2016

Alison M.

They fixed the problem right away. They were great.

Description of Work
They re-attached our gutters that were bent up and detaching from the house.

Category gutter repair

04/28/2016

nancy S.

Mr. Evans was professional, friendly, and on time. He went out of his way to bring me samples of material. His estimate was fair compared with the overpriced estimates I had gotten from two other roofing companies. He and his men were quiet and fast. They cooperated with me when I needed to take my dog into my back yard. I would recommend them 100 percent!!! I will continue to use them for gutter cleaning and general upkeep for the roof. (I have had experiences with other roofing companies that were not good...finding that they did not do the work they were billing me for.)

Description of Work
Inspected tile roof for multiple leaks, replacing broken tiles where they were needed. Replaced three shingle roof areas, one rubber roof area, and replaced and repaired flashing.

02/04/2016

George L.

I found a hole in my roof when the snow melting soaked my ceiling. Phil called me back right away (on the weekend) and had a crew out on Monday to look at the roof. He saw the problem and inspected the entire roof to note other missing shingles. He called me, gave me a quote, and then had the repairs made the next day. He left the extra shingles from the pack and they left no mess. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I would absolutely call Phil in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced missing shingles

01/10/2016

Janis W.

I was hoping to do the job for a little less but I couldn't be happier with the work that they did. Phil was very responsive as were his crew. They explained everything to me in detail and even did some extra things I didn't expect - while they were up there they cleared the leaves from the gutter on the nearby pitched roof. After they finished they cleaned up thoroughly. Because I was rushing around that day due to an unexpected illness in my family, I wrote the check for $2500 instead of $2400. Phil called me right away to let me know and send me a refund in the mail within days. Great company - very trustworthy.

Description of Work
Removed existing shingles; applied ice guard; installed new shingles; cleaned gutters. This work was on a small flat roof that only existed over part of the house (it's an old house with random room additions).

12/19/2015

LUETTE K.

Contacted Evans Roofing to repair a problem area (small leak) that I previously had another roofer out a couple of times to fix. The leak would stop after each repair but then come back after a couple of months. My initial call to Evans Roofing was returned very promptly and Phil stopped by later that day to make the repair since he was in the area and there was rain expected later in the week. It did not take Phil long to identify the problem area. He clearly explained what he thought the issue was, what my options would be and explained the previous repairs (some made by the previous owner which I was unaware of). I opted to have him quote and install a new roof since the repair section was big enough and located at the front of the house that it would be visually noticeable. I had a idea what a new roof would cost after having two done at previous houses. The quote received was far lower than expected and scheduled them on the spot. The new roof went on the next week. The installation went great. Materials arrived on time. The roofers were courteous and took their time to do the work efficiently and with attention to details. Debris was cleaned up each evening and Phil, the owner would stop by throughout the job to make sure things were going smoothly. Overall, received top notch service at a great price. Could not ask for more.

Description of Work
Put on a new asphalt shingle roof.

05/15/2015

Philip G.

Not well; waited one week for return call- expected more because add indicated "Top Listed on Angie's List".

Description of Work
Never returned a phone call. Uses an answering machine and did not return message.

I never received a call from anyone named [Removed Member Name] . We pride ourselves on getting back to people immediately . And have a staff in the office that answer the phone . Maybe he called the wrong number . And if he did leave s message I never got it

05/04/2015

Marcella L.

Great job. Phil is prompt, professional, full of information and did a great job. My gutters look great and the slate repair went smoothly. I will be calling him at the end of the summer for replacement of my porch roof (he already gave me a price) and will have him do yearly inspections anddo repairs when needed.

Description of Work
Repaired and/or replaced missing or damaged slate on roof. Replaced all gutters.

02/23/2015

philip O.

Because Mr. Evans was doing some work for me at the time at another rental, I asked him to look at the problems above. He took the time to go over and fix them and told me both times there was "no charge". I know he wasn't there for a long time, but I personally was unable to fix these little jobs, but big problems by myself. Not many contractors would do that for free.

Description of Work
(1) Several slate shingles above a rental garage were misplaced and water was leaking into the garages. (2) A gutter at this same property was bowed causing water to spill over and leak into the basement floor.

02/21/2015

Lillian O.

Mr. Evan found the problem immediately and also indicated that a new roof was placed on the old one and no vents were put in. This was the reason some shingles were popping up. He was on time and performed the work when he said he would.

Description of Work
Fixed leak in roof due to previous roofers poor work with chimney flashing. Also place four roof vents.

Home Genius Exteriors

***NOW OFFERING VIRTUAL / NO-TOUCH INSPECTIONS AND ESTIMATES. We’re open for business! Home Genius Exteriors remains dedicated to our mission to give our customers A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE. Give our team of professionals a chance to WOW you with our hassle-free inspection process, transparent pricing, perfect communication and top-rated installations. We’re not just a sales and marketing company like some of our competitors, we stand behind every project we do with a warranty you can trust! We are home improvement experts and can be your one-stop-shop solution! Home Genius also offers some of the most FLEXIBLE payment plans in the industry. Give us a chance and we’ll do everything we can to earn the right to become your CONTRACTOR FOR LIFE.

Award 2022
    Offers by Home Genius Exteriors on Angi
    GreenCore LLC

GreenCore is a premiere residential and light commercial general contracting company. We specialize in residential and light commercial roofing, as well as residential building and remodeling. We have been operating in the Greater Pittsburgh Area for 10 years. We started with 3 employees including myself. We now have multiple crews specializing in multiple skills. (Roofing, Framing, Plumbing, Electrical, Drywall, Paint...)

Pindro Roofing Co, LLC

ROOFING MATTERS, WE WILL KEEP YOU DRY! At Pindro Roofing we take the same pride in our work as you do in your home. I have been roofing for over 20 years. I started my own company in 2010. Pindro Roofing Co is a licensed and insured residential roofing company. I manage each project from the beginning to the end of the project. You'll be able to see the personalized attention in the results. We provide free estimates and written warranties. Thank you for considering Pindro Roofing Co. We hope to hear from you soon, (412)758-8524.

Award 2022
    PA121410
    02/01/2022

Slate & Tile Repair, Residential/Commercial Roofing, Pitched roofs, Flat roofs, Modified roofs, Rubber roofs, Tile roof, Shake roofs, Shingle roofs, Slate roofs, Rubber coatings, Inspections, Seamless gutter systems, Box gutters, Soffit and fascia, Site cleanup. Also specializing in all types of roof and gutter repairs . Replacement windows.