DC Contracting & Landscaping LLC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2005

2 Aldred Ln

Pittsburgh, PA 15227

Please call 412-881-1166 ( landline) to set up an appointment. I do not use any sub contractors, in fact, I run every job personally and I am on the jobsite everyday. This personal attention to detail is what sets my company apart from the rest. Because I am on the jobsite, there is no one here to take your call so please leave a message, I do return phone calls. ...

07/14/2021

Hilda G.

Dave was prompt, professional and detail oriented. The 20x40' area (roughly 3.5' deep) had to be removed from my yard and Dave made sure to minimize impact as much as possible. The finished work has a slight grade away from my house which has helped reduce water flow toward my basement. Dave is busy (good people are) and I do recommend being patient setting up the first site visit and quote. The wait is worth it.

Description of Work
Excavation of 20x40' area in backyard

Category hardscaping

08/22/2019

Judith L.

We hired Dave to rebuild a wall for us years ago. I love that wall 6 years later, it looks great! This time Dave excavated a broken cement patio and installed grass. A TON of work and not an easy job. Dave brings alot of integrity to his work, he truly cares to get it right and really takes pride in his work. I always feel comfortable that I will get what Dave promises. Thanks Dave! I love my new yard!

Description of Work
Excavation / Installation

Category hardscaping

06/15/2019

Susan S.

Dave was very responsive to our request for a bid. His bid was competitive with other bids that we received for the job. We decided to go with him because we liked the overall solution he proposed and he seemed to be an honest and trustworthy guy. He and his workers showed up each day. They took care to minimize disturbing / destroying our yard and current landscaping. Dave graded our yard and installed a catch basin on the side of the house and installed a drainage system around our patio and back yard. He took care to ensure the grading was correct and the water would flow to the drains. The drains around the patio were set in a concrete aggregate and actually enhances the look of the patio. He reseeded the yard in the areas that were disturbed. We highly recommend Dave. We would use Dave again.

Description of Work
Installation of Drainage System

Category excavators,landscaping,drain pipe,stamped concrete

03/12/2019

Jon N.

They called me within hours to report that they don't do this kind of work. Thanks for prompt reply.

Description of Work
sewer lateral replacement

Category landscaping

08/20/2018

Ken H.

Dave and crew were very conscientious and took care to do a thorough job.

Description of Work
Exterior basement wall waterproofing and french drain, new concrete patio, yard french drain

Category concrete repair,excavators,landscaping,drain pipe,patios

08/16/2018

Todd K.

Never called us back. Never showed up to look at project. Not reliable or professional.

Description of Work
Hedge trimming

Category landscaping

I'm sorry you must not have read the description of the services I provide or the areas I serve. I do not do maintenance, but rather I install hardscape. Additionally, I do not serve the White Oak area, I primarily stay in the south hills of Pittsburgh. Sorry for the confusion.

07/18/2018

Carolyn C.

Dave was very responsive to my request for a bid. Unfortunately we had some inside water problems and had to put the job off for a year while restoration work was done. When I called him back in the spring, he still had my paperwork and honored the original bid. He and his workers showed up promptly every day and worked constantly. They dismantled and carted away the old cement block wall which was crumbling, and installed a beautiful Versa Lock wall, and reseeded and put additional top soil on the damaged lawns on both our and my neighbor's lawns. He took care while working around the existing flower beds, and even managed to avoid my neighbor's Invisible Fence which was installed close to the original wall, as well as managed to locate and protect our Verizon Fios line which was installed close the the original wall (even though after 2 calls to 811, Verizon insisted there was no line in the area he was working on. Verizon never visited the site, and never marked the line with flags.) Dave went above and beyond to locate the wire, carefully dig it up, and protect it from the excavation machinery. The entire project was done in 5 1/2 days. He cleaned up and power washed our driveway where all the equipment, fill, gravel, block, etc.was temporarily housed. We are very happy with the results and Dave and his crew were very easy to work with. Dave was on site himself every day. I would recommend him to anyone for this type of work, and will consider him when we replace our driveway (hopefully not for a few more years!)

Description of Work
92 ft retaining wall replaced

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel

07/10/2018

Paulette H.

Can't say enough good about this company.... It is true that Dave is on site everyday because he does the work along with other members of his crew.. first of all they are polite and trustworthy. second we feel their price is absolutely fair for the work that was done because we had five separate estimates and his was actually the most accurate with respect to the actual problems that needed to be corrected and the dollar amount that he charged to perform the work. this job took him two weeks to do and I would like to note that they worked through that 95 + degree heat that we had in the general Pittsburgh area over the past two weeks. They never missed a day and there was no loafing on the job. He actually showed us the problems that he uncovered as they dug around the house and detected the disconnected downspouts and the ruptured pipes. In addition to this type of work he also does Landscaping. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anybody who needed this kind of work done.

Description of Work
Outside French drains and repair of disconnected downspouts two current bad drains.. Also I'll set in catch Basin was added

Category lawn service,pavers, gravel,drain pipe

04/09/2018

Mary D.

Excellent Job! We would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Rebuilt Driveway Wall

Category landscaping,hardscaping

10/06/2017

Jane C.

It was a very big job which took approximately 5 1/2 days. Dave did an excellent job, worked very efficiently, and very meticulous in cleaning up and restoring the areas which had been dug up. We were especially pleased with his restoring an omni stone padio which had to be torn up to get to pipes underneath. He and his worker spent a lot of time making sure the stones were perfectly placed and level. The padio had never looked as nice as when they were finished. Overall, we would recommend DC Contracting and will use him again.

Description of Work
We had an outdoor french drain installed and replaced gutter downspout pipes, averting water away from the house. It required excavation of ditches, backfilling, grading, disassembling and reassembling omni stone padio, restoring affected areas using topsoil, grass seed and mushroom manure.

Category excavators,gutter repair,landscaping,drain pipe,patios

Jeff Jones Masonry

Local business who cares about quality service and the best prices around. Family owned and operated. 40+ years of service in the masonry and concrete industry.

Triano Contracting

-brick and block laying -retaining walls -concrete repair -pointing & restoration -window & door lintels -hardscaping & pavers -natural & veneer stone masonry -chimney & fireplace repair I'm a fully insured masonry specialist contractor with over 12 years of experience in all forms of masonry restoration & construction, as well as a registered HIC contractor through the pa attorney generals office. From whole house pointing, chimneys, and fireplaces, to retaining walls, foundations and sidewalks. Be it brick, block, stone, or concrete. I can repair, restore, and build new. At Triano contracting "I pity the tool!" Find Mr. T on facebook, and the nextdoor app @TrianoContracting

Michener Chimney and Masonry

All your masonry needs from new brick, block or stonework.. Retaining walls..chimney repair..whole house repointing..lintel replacement..step cracks ..mortar matching..no job too big or small

Retaining Walls, Patios, Driveways, Drainage Systems, Excavating, New Lawns & Plantings. Snow Plowing In Whitehall Area Only.

Grass Mowing, Shrub Trimming, or Roofing