CUMMINGS CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1982 • With Angi since March 2004

General Remodeling

We currently employ 10 full time carpenters and helpers and an outstanding team of sub contractors that have been working as a team together to produce award winning projects for years. All of our projects are architect designed and are non-competitively bid....

SWEET SUCCESS CONTRACTORS

Sweet Success Contractors specialize in restoration and repairs to Pittsburgh’s older homes, helping them to retain their charm and character, while catering to the discerning homeowner who is looking for something exceptional. Our purpose is to combine your vision with our considerable imagination and experience, educating clients beyond their horizon. By utilizing state-of-the-art tools and industry best practices combined with generous attention to customer service, we ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. The majority of our clients are repeat customers. But, don’t take our word for it, peruse a decade of Angie’s List Super Service Awards and hundreds of satisfied customers.

Gilbert Tile

Gilbert Tile was started in 1990, since that time we have strived to build relationships with other local companies. We are also proud of the fact that we are involved with Habitat for Humanity. We use a licensed subcontractor for jobs that require a licensed plumber.

J Francis Company LLC

J Francis Company, LLC is a professional full-service General Contractor based in Pittsburgh since 1988. We are a one-stop design-build shop staffed with architects and designers. Our minimum job size is $50,000. We perform residential remodeling and renovation including kitchens & baths, additions, basements, whole house remodels, phased renovations, master planning, space reconfigurations, and outdoor living. We only build what we design; we only design what we intend to build. The success of your remodeling project lies in what you have experienced during the process. The quality of that experience defines our success.

worst customer service

Description of Work
We called to request an estimate on a kitchen and bathroom remodel and he flat out refused to give us an estimate. He was rude and snide saying he did not want to get into a "bidding war" with other contractors. So, contrary to there ad they do not offer free estimates.

Category remodeling,home builders,home remodeling

First time I checked my reviews in quite some time. I am very sorry Mr. [Member Name Removed] was so upset after talking to me. I guess my attempt to explain the negotiated bid process failed. If I sounded rude it was not my intention. I thought, at the time, my company description mentioned that all our projects are non-competitively bid. It did not, I have since changed it. My company typically ...

09/29/2014

Went great! John Cummings available for our questions and concerns. His workers felt like family. They arrived each and every day. Input great and work stellar. Hearing so any nightmares, we were relieved that the project was fairly seamless. Would not hesitate to use this company.

Description of Work
Fairly extensive rehab of a 50+ year old home taking about 6 months. Included 3 bathrooms, enlarging spaces, relocating doorways and closets, a new kitchen, laundry room, plumbing, wiring. Our windows were replaced and much carpenter involved.

Category home builders

07/30/2013

They were extremely honest, detailed oriented, and the employees were very responsive to follow up with any issues following the construction.

Description of Work
Did a major renovation on your home. They added an addition that was probably about 4,000 square feet.

Category home builders,home remodeling

11/01/2011

The architect recommended him to me. The price was worth every penny. What they did was so perfect. They workers were neat and courteous. He has matured gentlemen working for him who are excellent. They have been doing this work for ever. We got topnotch experienced workers. John Cummings does not provide cheap labor. He has experienced, seasoned, and middle-aged craftsmen. He is expensive, but my...

Description of Work
I used Cummings Construction two years ago to put an extension in my house. I spoke to John Cummings. They doubled the house.

Category remodeling

02/08/2011

John Cummings, his employees, and subcontractors were all incredibly professional, friendly, and very detail oriented. We had these guys in our home virtually every day for over five months. They arrived on time and worked full days. I particularly appreciated the fact that the whole team was always willing to patiently answer questions, offer explanations, and discuss options with us--and cheerfu...

Description of Work
Demolish and rebuild a badly leaking flat porch roof with deck on top, enclose a portion of that porch, gut and remodel kitchen. I prefer to not disclose how much we spent.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Category room remodeling","home builder","home remodeling contractor

We build architect designed custom homes, additions and interior renovations ranging in scope from the entire house to just kitchen and bathroom projects.

MAINTENANCE WORK OR FLOOD AND FIRE REPAIR.