CrownHandyman

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2009

4935 Hatfield St

Pittsburgh, PA 15201

I DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS. EMAIL ME AT crownster@gmail.com COVID 19 update: I am only working outdoors or in homes when no one is there until the pandemic is sorted out. I can no longer keep up with phone calls. Email me. I work by appointment only. I do small jobs only. I come look at the work. I provide you with an estimate. If you like the estimate we schedule a time for me to come do the work. I show up on time. I am skilled in many aspects of construction. My specialty is doors. I do carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and drywall. I repair things....

03/06/2018

Larry M.

Outstanding showed up when he said and did the work in the time frame he outlined

Description of Work
I have used Thom multiple times various general carpentry

Category electrician,handyman service,woodworking,doors

11/13/2017

Mario B.

Thom is very meticulous, honest and professional. Besides having excellent work ethics, he is a nice and courteous person. He has gained full trust of all of us in the house. He knows what he can and cannot accomplish, and goes over his plans in great detail before beginning the work. He is our go-to person for any small job around the house, and we would recommend him without any reservations.

Description of Work
Thom has completed dozens of small jobs at our place ranging from plumbing, drywall, carpentry, electrical, ceiling fans, etc.

11/02/2017

Kimberly S.

Thom is exceptional. He has been at my home at least six times in the past year to tackle a number of projects, including: installation of a ceiling fan, cleaning dryer lint trap, hanging pictures on a brick wall, changing ice maker tubing from plastic to copper, replacing corroded shower valve, building shelves for a small pantry going down basement steps, replacing garbage disposal, etc, etc. Thom is simply terrific and when he does not feel comfortable with a project, he tells me and then recommends a reputable contractor to do the work.

Description of Work
Plumbing, carpentry, general handyman services

10/30/2017

Paulina J.

Thom is great. He is basically our to-go-guy for little projects around our house and two rental properties we own.

Description of Work
Thom has done several projects for us. We had a leak in a bathroom that damaged a wall and a carpet. He fixed it all up very well. We also hired him to paint several rooms in our first floor and do some other little jobs here and there (switch the way a door open, things like that).

Category handyman service,plumbing,interior painters

10/12/2017

Kate B.

Terrific - Tom is economical, efficient, does good work is someone you can trust in your home even if you aren't there. He also stands by his work and is willing to attempt any job in your home that many other contractor would consider "too small to bother with".

Description of Work
Thomas Crown is both our neighbor and a great handyman who helps us out with some of the contracting issues in our house such as repairing plaster, building us a custom railing, installing a vinyl floor in our bedroom, adding non-slip steps to our basement stairs and fished out a silver earring I lost down my bathroom sink.

Category drywall,drain cleaning

10/10/2017

Susan L.

The doors are great. They fit and look like originals and close with ease. A real improvement! The drywall was very professionally done - can't tell that there was any problem. The service was timely, courteous, and professional.

Description of Work
I've had Thom over to hang two doors (second hand, from Construction Junction, so they had to be shaved to fit) and then later to patch some drywall after a plumbing job.

10/09/2017

liz B.

Thom is meticulous, honest, reliable and just a nice overall chap. Its been such a pleasure doing projects with him that I keep finding more things for him to do. He is also quick to offer advice or referrals if there is something that he doesn't do, which isn't much. In fact I trust this man so much I added him to my home depot credit card so it would be easier to pick up material when needed.

Description of Work
Thom has installed windows, added weather stripping to doors, fixed my ceiling fan, painted walls/trim/ceiling , installed moulding, installed a new cellar door and recently built a raised patio off my back door.

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,handyman service,lighting,replacement windows,deck cleaning,woodworking,ceiling fans,house painters,interior painters,doors

10/09/2017

Mary C.

I hired Thomas for the above stated work. Thomas showed up on time and completed the job to my satisfaction. I would hire him again and recommend him to others. The estimate Thomas provided was enumerated so we were able to add and subtract items to fit my budget and goals. While providing me estimates Thomas explained things clearly and provided fruitful input. The construction went on while my tenants lived in the apartment and I received no complaints from the tenants. The job was completed on time and at the price Thomas quoted me. I communicated with Thomas via email and I always received a response within 1 business day or sooner. On the last day of the job the bathroom was complete, in working order, and the work area clean.

Description of Work
Medicine cabinet and sink removal and replacement. Rotted boards removal and replacement under the toilet.

Category handyman service,home remodeling

02/04/2017

Joseph R.

Very well. As for the backyard work that he had done, that took a few days and was very professionally done. The recent work inside our house took one full day plus two partial days, followed by an additional partial day. The results were very nice. There was some additional work needed after the bathroom faucet was installed (snaking the pipe further down) for which we'll need a plumber to come out. But that was reasonable; everything works fine. A definite improvement for us.

Description of Work
Thom has done a number of jobs in our home. In our backyard, he replaced windows in our garage, replaced rotted boards in the (slanted) basement door, and replaced rotting wood in our back porch railing. I can't remember how much he charged for that, sorry, but it was entirely reasonable. Recently he did a number of small jobs in our house. He hung a cross-stitch in our living room, added support for a weak spot in our floor, repaired some drywall, repaired some ceiling water damage, and replaced the faucet in our bathroom sink. The cost was more than reasonable.

12/23/2015

Holly B.

Thom was easy to communicate with (email, text, phone calls) and did a wonderful job on my home. Pricing was exactly as he had originally quoted and I will continue to use him for future services. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Repaired two water damaged ceilings/walls (scraped, filled, painted, etc) Replaced kitchen faucet and added air gap to dishwasher Removed living room fan and replaced with light fixture Replaced back porch motion light

Home Genius Exteriors

***NOW OFFERING VIRTUAL / NO-TOUCH INSPECTIONS AND ESTIMATES. We’re open for business! Home Genius Exteriors remains dedicated to our mission to give our customers A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE. Give our team of professionals a chance to WOW you with our hassle-free inspection process, transparent pricing, perfect communication and top-rated installations. We’re not just a sales and marketing company like some of our competitors, we stand behind every project we do with a warranty you can trust! We are home improvement experts and can be your one-stop-shop solution! Home Genius also offers some of the most FLEXIBLE payment plans in the industry. Give us a chance and we’ll do everything we can to earn the right to become your CONTRACTOR FOR LIFE.

Offers by Home Genius Exteriors on Angi
    Lowe Painting Services

Lowe Painting Services is the leading interior painting business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding areas. With almost 30 years of experience, licensed technicians, and quality painting equipment - we're the perfect professionals for the job. Paint can change the entire atmosphere of a room. Whether you're looking to embolden your dining room with rues or red or wanting to create a serene getaway in your master bedroom with baby blues, we're able to transform your home. We take the time to listen to your concerns, provide you with our expert advice and recommendations, and give you all of the information you need to feel comfortable making choices about what makes your home!

Offers by Lowe Painting Services on Angi
    Bulldog Electric

Bulldog Electric specializes in all types of electrical needs; including but not limited to Electric Vehicle Charging installations. Let us design an electrical system tailored for your specific needs on ANY project. We offer great service We can offer you daily updates on your projects. Call us for your quick turnaround Go to us for your project to be done fast! Check out our A++ rating with BBB!

Offers by Bulldog Electric on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Carpentry, doors, decks, lattice work, windows, hanging cabinets, wood rot repair. Plumbing, electrical, drywall, tile, painting.

Brick work, chimney servicing, cabinet refacing, landscaping, hauling.