Coffey Contracting Co Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2010

951 Banksville Rd

Pittsburgh, PA 15216

With over 30 years of experience in the roofing industry Coffey Contracting Co., Inc, can help you with all your roofing needs. Each member of our team is a skilled craftsman of the trade....

01/08/2020

Nancy F.

Once again Coffey exceeded my expectations. Don arrived, looked at the roof, diagnosed the problem and fixed it. All done in less than 30 minutes. It is great to be able to depend on their professional's expertise. Thank you!

Description of Work
Repair slate roof

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the service provided and hope you consider using us again on future projects. Customer service and quality craftsmanship is our #1 priority!

05/31/2018

Mary Lou P.

Experience was very positive from beginning to end. All questions were answered in the bid process. The teams worked together professionally and efficiently, especially in some very challenging weather elements. Any additional requests that I had as the project progressed were completed as asked. Highly recommend Coffey Contracting!

Description of Work
Pickup & relay entire terracotta roof.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service provided. Customer service and quality craftsmanship is our number one priority. We hope to work with you again on future projects.

10/12/2017

Tania C.

Our job went amazingly well from start to finish. We are extremely pleased with the level of patience, skill, professionalism and attention to detail of the team. The workers were punctual and very friendly, and the roof looks great! I have to admit that I am a high-maintenance customer with high expectations. With most home projects, I do extensive research so I can ask the right questions. We made the right choice with Coffey Contracting. Next year we will be in touch for new gutters.

Description of Work
Roof replacement with electric vent installation

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service provided. Quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We look forward to hearing from you next year and appreciate the opportunity to possibly work on your gutter project.

06/13/2017

Arnold M.

All work went according to plan. They came within the time frame they promised even though we had some very wet weather which prohibited them doing any roofing. Oliver, Chris and Chris, the three people who actually did the work, did an excellent job, explained what they found, showed us pictures of our roof, and finished the job within one day. They were pleasant to work with, cleaned up and did a few other items not specifically mentioned in the original contract. Don was at the job at the beginning and when they were finished. It is not easy to get good, fair roofers to work on slate roofs, but Coffee Construction did everything as promised. I would use them again if needed and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We have a 90 year old house with an original slate roof that is generally in good condition. We had some leakage this winter into our living room and were not sure where it was coming from. We had gotten several opinions before we were referred to Coffee Contracting. Their general manager, Don Lower, came to our home soon after contacting the firm. He got up on our roof and inspected it in several areas. He fully explained what he saw as the problem---some missing tiles, some loose tiles, and separation at the hip in various places. He explained in layman's terms what needed to be done and how long it would take. Several days after he left we received by email and then regular mail a contract with the understanding work would be done within two weeks after approving of contract. We signed contract and went ahead with the job as described.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service provided. Customer satisfaction and quality craftsmanship is our number one priority. We hope to work with you again in the future on other projects that may arise.

12/03/2015

Victoria G.

I had bought a home with a Slate roof, they sent an estimate to me via snail mail and I accepted it. Since they had such a large amount of work over the summer it took awhile for them to get to my roof. Once the work started I was informed that the roof was in greater disrepair than expected. They kept the same price and updated my roof as much as possible so it would last one more season before I'd have to replace it! I 100% suggest using Coffey Contracting!

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with service we provided. Customer service and quality craftsmanship is our highest priority. We hope to work with you again on future projects you may be considering. Also, for future reference, we are happy to email proposals and invoices upon customer request.

08/27/2015

Rebecca F.

Tom responded very promptly to set up a date and was flexible about scheduling when issues came up that led to a short delay at my request. The two men who did the work were very helpful in explaining what they would do and how, how long it would take and very kindly educated me since this is my first house with a slate roof. I especially appreciate that they left me examples of the slates that had deteriorated so that I could see up close the condition of the roof which might have not had regular maintenance by the previous owner. Everything about the experience was consistent with high-quality, professional work. Coffey's was not the lowest estimate I got, but I am happy that I went with them because they were very thorough.

Description of Work
Replaced 25 slates and installed copper shields around dormer.

Category contractors,roofing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service we provided Customer service and quality craftsmanship is our highest priority. We hope to work with you again on future projects.

08/20/2015

George B.

Excellent in every way. Well done!

Description of Work
Repaired a leaky tile roof.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for being a loyal repeat customer. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

07/22/2015

Maria M.

I used the Angie's app and this is the contractor whom they set me up with. Coffey never contacted to me or replied to my attempts to contact them. However they did do a drive by estimate that was outrageously over priced and they did not know what parts of the job i wanted done and what parts I did not. I am being 1/3 the price by another contractor because I had a proper estamite that including talking to me face to face about what parts of the job i wanted done.

11/11/2014

Laurence C.

The specialized gutter performs as I requested - keeps water from piling up next to the foundation which was seeping into the basement.. The caulking in the other section of gutter cured the dripping.

Description of Work
Built and installed a specialized gutter to collect water from a roof valley. Also cleaned material from about 30 feet of gutter and caulked the leaking joints.

Category gutter repair,roofing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Glad to hear that the repair has taken care of the problem you were having. Please let us know if there are any more issues in that area. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

10/11/2014

Nancy F.

We have had a lot of people doing various construction projects on our house over the years. Most have been good but few have been extraordinary. Tom Coffey's crew fall into this category ? extraordinary. Planning ? Tom listened to what we wanted and purchased all of the right materials--we had an unusual dentil molding and he found something that he cut to size. When there was a question about whether the Hardie board was primed, Tom went to the supplier to check it out personally. We appreciated that level of care and attention to service. Construction ? the crew was perfect. They communicated well, talking about each stage of construction and offering options and opinions. They were highly skilled, taking care with every detail. The finished product not only looks good but we know that every layer?from insulation and Tyvek to cement board, dentil molding and the vent?is done to best practice standards. Clean-up ? you could hardly tell that a week and a half of construction had occurred in our side yard. All of the old and new construction materials were completely gone. Everything went back to normal through their diligence and care. The next time we have a construction project, Coffey will be the first firm we will call. We would have high confidence that the job would be done to very high standards.

Description of Work
Removed wood siding and replaced with Hardie board. Coffey also replaced dentil molding and a vent.

Category roofing,siding

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very happy that you are satisfied with the level of service we provided. Customer service and quality workmanship are our number one priority. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to working with you again in the future on any projects you may be considering.

09/08/2014

Carol & Richard S.

The service was outstanding and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did slate repair for our roof.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service we recently provided. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

08/26/2014

Randy K.

The workers did a excellent job. Paid attention to detail and respected our home. Were on time and no stories. Actually did a little extra work and charged a reasonable fee to complete the extra work necessary. Very pleased with their workmanship and would highly recommend to others who have specialty slate roofs.

Description of Work
See below.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you are satisfied with the service we provided. Customer service and quality workmanship is our top priority. We hope to work with you again on any future projects you may be considering.

08/11/2014

Tania L.

The did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, at the price they quoted originally. There was no hassle involved and they were highly professional. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Repaired leaking roof: removed existing shingles and flashings, installed ice and water shield and new aluminum flashing, reset shingles.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service we provided. Customer service and quality craftsmanship is important to us. We hope to work with you again on future projects.

08/05/2014

Sandra D.

Paul is unreliable and took his men off the job the 2nd day for an "emergency". Since I considered my situation an emergency, that excuse was not acceptable. His workers were also upset about it and assured me it made no sense at all. After the removal of the fallen limb of a huge oak tree that destroyed my roof and took up my entire large yard, he was suppose to give me a quote for taking down the tree. He called to say he was coming over to pick up his check from the insurance company for the work completed and give me the quote for the tree removal so I stayed home to wait for him. He never showed up and I have not heard from him since. I finally just mailed the check. He's very unreliable and I'd never recommend him. The workers did a good job but one of them broke my Mt Laurel carrying debris out and never mentioned it. That's my favorite shrub.

Description of Work
Removed tree that had fallen on my property.

Sorry that you had a negative experience with this company. However, this is not our company you are referring to. We are not a tree service.

07/31/2014

Deborah D.

I called and left a vm for free estimate on leaking skylight on terra cotta tile roof. He called same day to say he is taking no more roofing jobs for the year but advised me to reach out to another company that was prompt. Many thanks.

Description of Work
Promptly returned my call to advise taking no new roofing jobs this year. Recommended me to another company that has been responsive.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Sorry we were unable to help you. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to work together in the future. Best of luck!

07/26/2014

Levi M.

Excellent work and great experience all around! I have a 114 year old slate roof and wanted someone to repair it who knows what they are doing when it comes to slate. That's one of the reasons I chose Coffey. Tom came out and gave me an estimate very quickly. I had many questions and concerns after that. Tom answered them all very honestly. After another estimate that came in much higher than his, I decided to hire his company. They took about a month to complete all the work, but that is not unreasonable considering the condition of the overall roof! The box gutter that they rebuilt looks amazing! They took off 3 rows of slates, installed an ice and water shield, replaced A LOT of rotten wood and totally rebuilt the gutter giving it a little steeper slope than it originally had. This gutter should outlast me! They even matched the paint colors on my house when they painted the outside of it. There were over 80 slates that needed replaced or put back in place on the roof. Before they patched the other gutters, they stopped and discussed price and options with me because they are in worse condition than appear to be from the ground. I ended up having those patched rather than replacing because at this point it was cost prohibitive. However, I will be hiring these guys to do a total replacement of the flashing and remaining box gutters in the future. They stayed right on par with the estimate/contract. Before they left, the cleaned up everything and the area around the house is actually cleaner than it was when they started! Everyone was very professional. They showed up to work all of the mornings that it wasn't raining. Just all around good people who do excellent work! I am totally impressed with everything and will be hiring them to do additional work in the future!

Description of Work
Repaired a slate roof, patched flashing, rebuilt box gutter on one side of the house, patched other box gutters.

Category contractors,gutter repair,roofing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you are satisfied with the completed work. Customer satisfaction and quality craftsmanship is our number one priority. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to collaborating on future projects.

07/14/2014

Jason B.

Not the cheapest quote we received, though we went with Coffey based on reputation and recommendations from people we know. We found them very punctual, professional, clean working, to which they also completed specified work to a very high standard. We are more than satisfied with the service we received, and would highly recommended them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Removal of Chimney, replacement of box gutter, repair to roof and replacement of broken tiles. Roof is original Spanish tile.

Category gutter repair,roofing,chimney repair

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you are satisfied with the completed work. Customer service and quality craftsmanship is important to us. We hope to work with you again on any future projects you may be considering.

06/11/2014

Marlene W.

Never returned my call to set up estimate.

Description of Work
Called for estimate on tree trimming, left message on voicemail but never got a call back.

More than likely you called Paul J. Coffey & Son Tree Service- not Coffey Contracting Company. We do not provide this type of service.

05/10/2014

Peter E.

We've used Tom in the past, and have been quite satisfied. He is a good communicator and the work is done quickly and without mess. Highly recommend Coffey Contracting.

Description of Work
Tom Coffey inspected our slate roof and did necessary repairs.

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and quality workmanship. We look forward to working with you again on future projects.

03/31/2014

Janet S.

Didn't get to use service, but was impressed with process of giving estimate.

Description of Work
I asked for an estimate for new roof. Gave me an impressive estimate, with details and options. Responded very quickly. We actually used another company. But I was very impressed with professionalism, responsiveness.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to bid the job. Hopefully, we will have the chance to work with you on a future project.

02/28/2014

Stephen H.

They had a nice bid and everything, but I went with another company. It was a really good experience and they seemed like a really good company but another company seemed a little bit better. Their quote was $22,000. They were very personable and very knowledgeable. They were very good. I used another company because 2 of my friends had used them. The bid was within $500. I emailed them twice and talked to them on the phone twice. They were very professional. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I got a bid from Coffey Contracting to put on 3 different roofs.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to bid on your project. Hopefully, we will have the chance to work with you on a future job.

12/04/2013

Casey W.

2 men showed up promptly on the day of service. Both were friendly and knowledgable. They showed me in detail the cause and size of the leak in the front porch roof. It was repaired with higher quality materials than the original. I was convinced to move from a solar power vent to a grid-powered vent so that it can be triggered by humidity as well as heat.

Description of Work
Installed a power vent into the attic crawl space. Repaired a leaking porch roof.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service we provided. We always make sure our customers know and understand the scope of work being performed. Quality craftsmanship and customer service is important to us. We hope to be of help again in the future.

11/11/2013

GREGORY B.

Tom and his team were great. This is my second time using this company with the first being a much more major slate roof repair. I was quickly squeezed in and they replaced missing gutter guards that I could not access from a ladder without asking. This was very much appreciated as it was clear that that I needed them installed. I would use Coffey Contracting again for any slate needs.

Description of Work
Installed missing slate and two gutter guards.

Thank you for posting a review. Your feedback is important to us. We are happy that you were satisfied with the service we provided. Quality workmanship and customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. We hope to work with you again on future projects.

11/07/2013

Judith W S.

It went very well, but they took longer than I thought they would.

Description of Work
They put on roof and gutters on my home.

Category gutter repair,roofing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad that you were satisfied with our service. Quality workmanship and customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. Hope to work with you again on any future projects you may be considering.

10/26/2013

THOMAS F.

Never gave the business to Coffey contracting. I had read good reviews of work on Angies list, but price was way out of line. The other companies that quoted were going to even do a larger area than what Coffey contracting quoted. He must not have needed the business, but through out a large number in the event I did not price evaluate other options. Wont call again

Description of Work
Quoted to replace brick on upper gable of side of house. Quote was 3 to 4 times higher than other companies that quoted the business.

Category masonry

Sorry that you were not satisfied with the proposal that was given. However, the price was fair and accurate for the job that was bid. Best of luck with your project.

1st Choice Brick Pointing & Restoration

We are a full-service masonry company in the Pittsburgh area. With almost 25 years of experience, you can trust us with all your masonry needs. We specialize in whole house and spot pointing, chimney restoration and repair, lintel replacement, and specialty stone work. We also do stone retaining walls and patios. And with a variety of custom mortar colors and finishes to choose from you can be assured that any work we do will match the current aesthetic of your home!

Offers by 1st Choice Brick Pointing & Restoration  on Angi
    Johnson Masonry Restoration LLC

At Johnson Masonry Restoration we specialize in restoring residential/commercial masonry work to its original beauty! We offer many masonry related services. We are a small family business with years of experience and pride ourselves in offering the best price for the customer. Some services we offer are; concrete resurfacing. repointing, chimney repairs, acid wash, graffiti removal, weather sealing, retaining walls, lentil repair, parging, chimney sweeping/cleaning, power washing And more!

Triano Contracting

-brick and block laying -retaining walls -concrete repair -pointing & restoration -window & door lintels -hardscaping & pavers -natural & veneer stone masonry -chimney & fireplace repair I'm a fully insured masonry specialist contractor with over 12 years of experience in all forms of masonry restoration & construction, as well as a registered HIC contractor through the pa attorney generals office. From whole house pointing, chimneys, and fireplaces, to retaining walls, foundations and sidewalks. Be it brick, block, stone, or concrete. I can repair, restore, and build new. At Triano contracting "I pity the tool!" Find Mr. T on facebook, and the nextdoor app @TrianoContracting

Home improvements, gutters, box gutters, siding, roofing, chimney repairs, brick & stone replacement, brick pointing, slate, tile & copper work.

We specialize in slate, tile and metal work. As well as box gutter repair/replacement and chimney repair/restoration. We do not install shingle roofing.