CLIMATECH INC

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
04/25/2022

200 BILMAR DR

Pittsburgh, PA 15205

We are a full service heating and air conditioning contractor. We have 24 hour emergency service available. We currently have approximately 100 employees and we do not use sub contractors. Please visit our website at www.climatech.com for valuable offers and financing options....

4.4

HVAC Companies (125)air duct cleaning (6)water heaters (6)heating oil company (1)mold removal (1)

03/04/2022

Dennis F.

Terrible: 1) Installer did not install as agreed upon. Line was to be placed behind wallboard. They insisted it would not fit, but I found out later when I had another HVAC company install the same units at my work office and did place lines behind wall board behind 2x4's. Be honest will ya! 2) Installer damaged a valve in condenser causing unit to leak which needed replaced. I asked for a new condenser, but Climatech refused and repaired. and warranted the repair. I would have rather had new. 3) Installer split the copper line in two places. A 2nd installer had to come out several days after install to repair and finish install. I requested a new copper line, but they again refused, but instead warranted the repairs. I again wanted new. 4) They sale the unit as most quiet in industry, but when it get's below 40 degrees outside condenser hums and struggles over condensation. The inside unit gurgles and whistles and hisses over it as well. They had a Mitsubishi person come out. Their response is unit runs normal and the operations manual states that the noise is because of condensation and won't do anything further about it. I would have not ordered the unit knowing this. They should list this before selling it. Emailing me an operations manual after the fact of install and payment is just not an acceptable response. Neither Climatech nor Mitsubishi is showing any integrity nor addressing the noise problem. I would not use either again. I am exploring legal options and trying to develop a class action legal case over false advertisement to obtain a replacement unit to eliminate the noise or refund. Very disappointing to spend the one and get this from companies such as this. Email me for more information dferchak@comcast.net Look at the pictures to see how bad their install looks in a finished room over the false position of their installer.

Description of Work
Mitsubishi Split Heating/Cooling Wall Unit Installed.

Work Completed On 02/28/2022

Review for CLIMATECH INC - 200 BILMAR DR, Pittsburgh, PA - 39647944

While we do not agree with the claim's made in Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s review, we understand that he was not happy with the HVAC system installed to condition his sunroom. The system has been removed and Mr. [Member Name Removed] has been issued a full refund.

08/14/2021

Allen G.

We had the units replaced 2 years ago and have had nothing but problems with them. First, the upstairs unit was not draining properly and water came throufh the walls and ceiling. They fixed the leak but we were stuck fixing everything else. The 2nd unit was a heat pump that was running constantly. They said it was working properly. Had another company look and found they forgot to add freon! It is working now as expected but ran hard for 18 months before being diagnosed. Now we have a ruster and frozen a coil on the 3rd unit. It appears that the unit was not level and water pooled around the drain of the coil and it rusted. I guess one of the units worked...for now. We spent a lot of money for 2 years of problems

Description of Work
Replaced 4 residential units

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

Hello [Member Name Removed], we apologize that you have been unhappy with your installation. We show that our last date of service was January of 2018 and that your system was installed in December of 2017. When air conditioning systems are installed during the winter months, it is necessary to return in the spring to perform a start up service on them. Although your air conditioning system comes pre-charged with refrigerant, it is not possible to check those levels accurately when the outdoor temperatures are below 65 degrees. Please give us a call, we'd like to talk with you about your experiences so that we can improve service to our customers.

12/29/2020

David M.

In October the boiler that provides both heat and domestic hot water to my house expired and could not be repaired. Climatech and one other reputable company came immediately to determine my house's heating requirements and bid on a modern replacement boiler. Climatech was substantially less expensive and they were nice enough to juggle their installers' schedule so that I could get the new system installed ASAP as I had no heat or hot water for several weeks. The new system is much quieter than the old system, is more energy efficient, heats the house better and takes up much less space in my basement. This was an expensive project but I am very pleased with the value received and the service provided.

Description of Work
Replacement of circulating hot water boiler and associated fittings.

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

Review for CLIMATECH INC - 200 BILMAR DR, Pittsburgh, PA - 39107143

08/18/2020

Genni H.

Very nice techs Ronnie and Tim. Mike was sales consultant I initially spoke with and all were available for any questions anytime. They worked fast and efficient. Simple fast and pleasant. Thank you guys!

Description of Work
Complete install of A.C. Heating units and duct work.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Review for CLIMATECH INC - 200 BILMAR DR, Pittsburgh, PA - 38807541

08/11/2020

Edward P.

Project went very well. They were professional, very nice and cleaned up when they were done. Would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
new furnace and air conditioning

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

07/31/2020

JULIE F.

Amazing! Everything about this experience was top-notch, from a quick reply to my email inquiry, to listening to us closely to make sure we got want we wanted, to professional installation, to friendly billing. The 'A' rating for this company is very well deserved.

Description of Work
Installed ductless AC for 3-story house

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

10/24/2019

JOEL S.

There was a problem with the coil on the both units. I was covered on the warranty but I had to pay $1000 each to replace them. Their customer service was good but I am not recommending them now.

Description of Work
I have been using them for years. They installed two HVAC systems and have serviced them.

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

10/11/2019

Denise S.

It took a couple of visits because of a leaking pipe but still over all, very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replace boiler

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

08/14/2019

Ken G.

The old air conditioner had finally died and needed to be replaced. The quoted price was right on the average for such a job. Not only did they get a quote to me quickly, they were able to complete the job before some others could even get me a quote. They did excellent work making the install tighter and neater than the old unit. I think the basement was cleaner after they left than it was when they started. Very happy!

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioner

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

06/27/2019

Gardner P.

After some research we asked Climatech to give us an estimate for a replacement for both the air conditioner and the furnace. The old furnace was an American Standard and we asked for an American Standard, in place, replacement, assuming a same brand replacement would be easiest. Mike Horner, Climatech's Residential Comfort Specialist, arrived on time for a scheduled appointment to give us an estimate . He had been an installer previously so was extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of most systems. We discussed several options. I wanted a simple system, easy to maintain (and repair should that be needed), without a lot of bells and whistles. He was great in working with me to find that kind of solution. One point he made was that he was always available for answering questions even out of normal working hours, and he was. He provided an initial estimate and then after emails and phone calls quickly provided several more estimates as I firmed up what I wanted. The interaction with Mike was great. I checked his proposals against the cost of the components I found on line and the work required, and his proposals were reasonable and the company was big enough to back up their work. We settled on an American Standard AUH18080 95% efficient, 80,000 btu single stage gas furnace, an American Standard Silver 13 SEER 3 ton outdoor condensing unit, a matching high efficiency evaporator coil and a Honeywell Wifi thermostat. The cost was $6350. with 1/2 paid up front and 1/2 paid after installation. Setting up the installation was easy. Jennifer coordinates all the residential work and she made sure the installation worked into our schedule. Since they are a large company they can be quite flexible. The replacement took 2 days, a Friday and a Monday. A crew of 2, Ron and Jesse, arrived at the appointed time (they worked 8am to 2pm), They took away the existing units, and installed the new units. They made changes necessary to fit the new units into the existing ductwork, and to drain the condensation from the new units properly. They drilled holes through the brick walls required by the new efficient units. To install the air conditioner they needed to go into our neighbors' yard and they were respectful of both their yard and ours. At several points during the installation I had questions and suggestions and they were very open to discussion. After the first day they cleaned up and did not leave material lying around over the weekend. They did listen to the radio while working but unlike most workmen who have the radio blaring and disturbing the whole community, they played it very low so it was only audible in the basement area. I was impressed with how well they installed things like the the drain tube which was run across the basement ceiling with fasteners at close intervals and a hard plastic tube into our wash sink, and the way they plastered around the exhaust and intake vent going through our brick wall. Instead of round corners, as others might have done, they made it have square corners so it almost looked like a brick with a hole in it. They did a very professional job. It's interesting how many skills the installers must have. They know about the furnace and the air conditioners of course, but they must also run wire and install electrical boxes, run drain lines and consider plumbing options, must drill through walls and repair walls, and must flatten landscape and prune bushes to place outside air conditioning. After the installation they went over the system with me including the new electrical connections, thermostat operation, furnace operation, etc. I would recommend this company and their team to others.

Description of Work
Our whole house air conditioner would not hold a charge and our furnace was old, not efficient and on its last legs. We needed a replacement

Work Completed On 06/21/2019

Review for CLIMATECH INC - 200 BILMAR DR, Pittsburgh, PA - 37955115

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL INSTALLATION AND SERVICE OF HEATING, COOLING, VENTILATING, HUMIDIFICATION, DEHUMIDIFICATION & AIR CLEANING EQUIPMENT. WE SPECIALIZE IN ALL TYPES OF HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS INCLUDING HIGH VELOCITY, DUCTLESS, AND GEOTHERMAL.

Duct Cleaning