CALABROS TIRE & AUTO SERVICE

Founded 1941 • With Angi since January 2004

1476 BOWER HILL RD

Pittsburgh, PA 15241

9-bay service facility with 13 employees. Major credits cards accepted....

07/17/2018

MICHELE B.

Blew a sidewall yesterday on the way home after hitting some road debris. Called Calabro this morning and asked about replacement. Had not been there before. I was in and out in under an hour for a very reasonable price. In addition, the service tech measured my other tire treads, declared them worthy, and didn't try to sell me a tire I didn't really need. I'll be going back there.

Description of Work
Tire replacement

08/01/2017

LINDA R.

I like them and I keep going back to them.

Description of Work
Tire rotation, inspection, and oil change. We are extremely pleased with them. We keep going back. In fact, I have more work being done Thursday. I like their professionalism and honesty.

11/23/2016

Susan H.

They are very good. For price, they are pretty average. You can get in, there is no long wait time. Their hours of operation are good. I guess their business is tires but they do the whole thing.

Description of Work
We usually use Calabro Tire & Auto Service. They did a car inspection and an oil change.

Category auto repair,car inspections

10/26/2016

Donna C.

10/12/2016

LOIS F.

They are honest, fair, & have done good work for us.

Description of Work
We have had both of our vehicles serviced at Calabros for several years now. We have also purchased tires there.

06/06/2016

Joseph P.

Went to Calabro's Tire & Auto service on 6/4/16 with new tires and custom rims I purchased elsewhere. I wanted to have the new tires and reconditioned custom rims installed on my new truck. It was a very busy Saturday morning but within 20 minutes the friendly staff was ready to work on my vehicle. I asked the tech. Justin to "spin" the rims first to make sure they were perfectly round as they were reconditioned and I had some concerns. Justin gladly agreed and immediately noticed a great deal of irregularity with three of the four rims. He said he could probably get it to balance with enough weights but he couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't feel anything at high speeds. He noticed I was having trouble making a decision so he said "sit down for a few minutes and think about it". When he returned he said to me, "listen, I'll do whatever you want but if this were my truck, I wouldn't install these wheels". I decided right then and there what I needed to do and thanked Justin for his honest opinion. So instead of making a quick $200, Calabro's sent me home and advised me to send the irregular rims back to where I bought them. And they didn't charge me a dime. Thanks Calabro's and Justin! You've just gained a new customer.

Description of Work
Check new rims and tires (purchased elsewhere) before installation.

03/15/2016

Kenneth M.

11/04/2013

Norma D.

We ave gone here before and always are satisfied. They are reliable and on time always.

Description of Work
Snow tires, balance

09/12/2013

Marge J.

The process they use is very efficient. The waiting room is very conmfortable, the staff very polite, and very willing to answer all of my questions.

Description of Work
Rotate the tires. the tires were purchased there in 2012 and with that purchase the rotation is included. We had done a price search and their cost was the best.

09/11/2013

Beth S.

Calabro is a family owned business, and it shows. They are always very friendly on the phone, and willing to work with you to set up an appointment that works. Their pricing is fair, and I never feel as I if I'm getting taken advantage of as a woman. This past visit, I just needed to have my brakes checked, and they let me come in the same day to get peace of mine. As it turned out, they were fine. They could have easily sold me on a replacement, but they didn't. In addition, they fixed our loose bumper for no charge. We will definitely return there for an inspection in a few months. Their waiting room is nice, has free wifi and blocks for the kids. Just overhearing their interactions with customers while waiting, you can tell that they are a high quality business.

Description of Work
We have used Calabro many times for new tires and were so impressed by their professionalism and integrity that we started using them for auto repairs as well.

Category auto repair,car tires

08/22/2013

LINDA R.

He's excellent. I've gone to them for 30 years.

Description of Work
We bring our car to Calabros Tire & Auto Service for a full auto service, like car inspection, oil change, tires, repairs.

06/18/2013

KATHERINE Y.

They were just fabulous! They’re quick, clean, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
I have purchased four tires from here.

05/16/2013

Erin R.

Using Calabros is easy--they communicate well and professionally. They walk you through the stages/options and listen to your preferences.

Description of Work
Calabros has performed a number of services for our vehicles, from tires to inspections to detecting strange noises and trying to fix a broken ac. they've been great, though we use them less frequently now that we've a baby and can't always make arrangements to be down to one vehicle/arrange drop-off pick-up/wait for services like oil change. for our larger jobs, we'd stick with them, perry and the gang are honest and professional. they weren't able to fix our AC, but that was because of the car (only the dealer could replace necessary part). They didn't charge us for the work that lead them to that diagnosis, however, and that seems to be their MO.

11/01/2012

Jeff B.

Calabro Tire is a family-owned and run operation, and from your first visit there, you will also feel like a member of their family. I have shopped for a lot of tires over the last forty years, but none of the previous sellers can hold a candle to Calabros--they are simply THE BEST!

Description of Work
I buy tires for ALL my vehicles at Calabros. They are honest, fair, and they sell you only what you need, no extras. They are not the cheapest considering only the price, but their price includes mounting, balancing, valve stems, and tire rotation, so there are no little "extras". I once asked them to hold a complete set of tires for a car I was restoring, and when I ran into problems getting the car to a point where I was ready for the tires, they checked with me to make sure they could sell the tires to someone who needed them that day.

09/02/2012

Gary F.

.I've been going to NTB & Sears for tires for many years. I honestly thought that a smaller home town tire store could not compete with the big guys. Boy was I wrong. Not only was their prices very competitive with anyone including online sources but there service is excellent. I purchased 4 new tires for my daughter's car and a few days later purchased 4 more for my wife's minivan. They could not have been friendlier or more professional. I felt like they were a member of my family and they were just taking care of one of their own. Janine in particular was extremely helpful but I noticed many of their other employees interacting with other customers and it seems as though good customer service is followed by everyone at Calabro. I could not recommend them any higher than an A but they deserve at least an A+. They have a customer for life in me.

Description of Work
Four new tires on my daughter's SUV and four new tires on my wife's minivan.

06/24/2011

Susan B.

Tire rotation is free if you have bought the tires there. They are HONEST - they don't suggest things that aren't necessary. Always prompt as possible, courteous, and friendly. We've been getting tires, oil changes, tire rotation, inspections, repairs done there for over 15 years.

Description of Work
Oil change and tire rotation.

06/09/2011

Mary B.

I've been going to Calabro's for about 30 years now. They are always polite and honest, and they are always really great to deal with. They never do any repair that they don't have to. They always explain things so that I can understand, which really helps since I'm not too knowledgable about automobiles.

Description of Work
I took my car in for some repairs.

08/02/2010

DONALD & MARGARET W.

We have had problems with them in the past. I took my older car in for a tune-up and it cost me several hundred dollars. When I was driving home my car started overheating and smoke came out from under the hood but I made it home because I live very close by. I took it back three times and they said there was nothing wrong with it but the main cylinder was leaking. It seems to have stopped for now but they couldn?t give us any advice on what to do with it. We aren?t taking our cars there anymore. I think they have kids in there that don?t really know what they are doing and they are sloppy. The people in the office are professional but I don?t think the mechanics are.

Description of Work
We’ve taken our cars to Calabros Tire & Auto Service and most recently I took my car in to be inspected.

Category auto repair,car inspections

04/26/2010

Matthew P.

I got there early on a Saturday morning. I told them what I needed done and that I was going to wait for it. I was in and out in less than 2 hours. I've always been treated well and they're very honest and knowledgeable. All of the customer interactions I've seen have been very positive. Reasonable prices too. There's usually cookies or donuts out (coffee too) and they have a great magazine selection. :-) I wish there were more places like this closer to the east end of town, but I'll continue to go to Calabro for all things tire-related.

Description of Work
I had my dedicated snow 17" rims/tires unmounted and my summer 18" rims/tires mounted (I purchased the summer tires here last year).

Category auto repair,car tires

07/22/2008

Heidi D.

I have used Calabro's many times. Every time have found them professional, very reasonable in price, (sometimes charging nothing even though they did a few minor things trying to find a problem) & quality work. I drive out of my way for this company, very worth it.

Description of Work
Oil change, Tire leak patched, Tires rotated & noise from loose Heat Shield fixed.

06/23/2007

JACK L.

Excellent. They had to order my tires and they arrived on the day they said they would. They had me in and out in less than an hour. The service is great. I really like the free rotation service for the life of the tires.

Description of Work
Replaced all 4 tires on my minivan.

09/26/2005

JAMES H.

ORIGINALLY I WAS GOING TO HAVE IT DONE BY THE DEALER, BUT THEY RELOCATED SO I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE NEW. THE PRICE WAS ABOUT HALF OF WHAT THE DEALER WAS CHARGING FOR COMPARABLE SERVICE. THEY DID NOT DO UNNECESSARY WORK. IN MY EXPERIENCE DEALERS ALWAYS DO UNNECESSARY WORK ON SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. THEY ALSO ROTATED MY TIRES FOR NOTHING. BESIDES BEING VERY PLEASANT AND RESPONSIVE, THEY EXPLAINED EVERYTHING THEY WERE GOING TO DO. HE ALSO SUGGESTED GETTING MY STATE SAFETY AND EMISSION INSPECTIONS DONE BECAUSE IT WAS WITHIN THE TIME I COULD DO IT SO PRICE ALSO INCLUDED STATE AND EMISSIONS INSPECTIONS. THEY'RE ALSO ON A BUS LINE SO IT'S NOT HARD TO GET TO THEM OR BACK FROM THEM. THEY ARE A FAMILY BUSINESS AND HAVE BEEN THERE A LONG TIME. I RECOMMEND THEM HIGHLY.

Description of Work
15,000 MILE SERVICING ON MY CAR.

03/09/2004

DIANE S.

THE CAR WAS TAKEN ON TIME AND THE TIRES WERE PUT ON THE SAME DAY. THE WORKERS AND RECEPTIONISTS WERE ALL VERY PLEASANT.

Description of Work
NEW TIRES PUT ON OUR GEO PRISM.

03/04/2004

Jane I.

GREAT FAMILY OWNED & RUN COMPANY. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WELL TREATED HERE WHETHER SERVICING MY OWN, MY CHILDREN'S, OR COMPANY VEHICLES. PROMPT, HONEST, & CONSIDERATE, WILLING TO MAKE EXTRA EFFORT TO FILL CUSTOMERS' NEEDS.

Description of Work
TOTAL OIL CHANGE, FLUID CHECK AND TIRE ROTATION, ON SUV.

01/09/2004

THEY ARE ALL VERY PROFESSIONAL AND ALWAYS HAVE THE CAR FINISHED WHEN THEY SAY.

Description of Work
INSPECTION, OIL CHANGES, BRAKES, ETC.

Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Auto Inspections
    ask for details
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Tire sales, installation and repair for passenger and light truck vehicles. State of the art equipment for large custom wheels. General auto repair, oil changes,state inspections and emissions. Fleet vehicles welcomed.

Major engine or transmission replacement.