BRUCE SCHMIDT MOVING

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2007

Pittsburgh, PA 15217

Bruce Schmidt Moving provides moving of single pieces, complete households, and pianos. We also provide partial or complete packing service. We specialize in antiques. I have been in business full-time since 1980. All of my work in the last 32 years has been referral only. In the past few

07/08/2022

Patricia S.

Excellent. Bruce Schmidt Moving is the best!!! We have moved many times within the U.S. and overseas. Tim and his team are hands down the best movers we have ever had: They are careful, and incredibly easy to have around. Their bid was clear and competitive. Communication before, during, and at the end of the move was clear and timely. They pace themselves expertly, accomplishing an enormous amount of hard work in an efficient, calm manner. They navigated tight spaces, arranged furniture as asked, as well as figured out where things could best fit into the new space. They were totally careful with our belongings throughout. The weather was very hot, and we had some rain later, but all this did not matter, everything still went smoothly from start to finish. They are the best. We have re-hired them for smaller jobs, and they are consistently excellent at their work.

Description of Work
Move furniture and belongings of a 2,500 sq foot home

07/07/2022

Rachel R.

Tim and his team showed up right on time. They efficiently, safely, and carefully moved all of our belongings. All of the movers were very friendly and helpful. Excellent service all around! We couldn’t be more satisfied with their services.

Description of Work
Moving services

12/18/2018

KATHY W.

The movers were courteous and professional. They arrived on time and did exactly what I needed for a fair price. A lot of moving companies charge a four or five hour minimum and moving that piece would have cost significantly more.

Description of Work
I needed a very heavy piece of furniture moved.

07/03/2018

Randy B.

excellent the the four gentlemen that showed up ,were efficient hard working and Courteous. Will definitely hire again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
moving from a 2 bed room apartment

05/01/2018

Farrel B.

Bruce was very professional and friendly. Everything went smoothly and according to plan. Table was handled carefully and movers re-assembled the table as the legs were removed for transit. Was much more reasonable than other quotes I received for a small, local move. Bruce also moves entire content of homes and not just small moves like this one. Some neighbors of mine had also used Bruce's services for their moving needs.

Description of Work
Moved heavy wooden dining room table

10/12/2017

Chandra M.

The move was EXCELLENT! It could not have gone any better. Bruce estimated the move would take two days, but we had moved so many of the odd items in advance, and his crew was so efficient, that it was completed in just one day. The guys were very careful, respectful, friendly, experienced, and efficient. This was our fourth move with professional movers and, by far, our best experience. The price was great, too.

Description of Work
Our family of five moved out of a 3-story/5-bedroom home in Greenfield and into a 3-story/6-bedroom home in Point Breeze. We did all of the packing, much of the furniture dismantling, and moved many of the odd, not-easy-to-pack items ourselves.

10/09/2017

JERRY K.

The experience was great. Bruce understood that the place we were moving to was a difficult place to navigate with the parking lot, tight staircases and long walk to the apt. So all that was considered in the Planning and the Bidding. He was very accurate in his assessment of the job. The movers were first rate, very efficient and careful in the process and great to work with. They were very responsive to getting stuff in the right place. Would definitely use them to move out.

Description of Work
Moved from our house to townhouse apt in Sq. Hill. Bruce and his crewed moved our house

10/02/2017

Paul S.

It was as about a smooth a move as I have ever had. Bruce's team was expert, worked well together, handled everything carefully and never bumped a wall or the furniture during the move. Could not ask for a better value. Our son is moving into the house we moved out of wha we recommended to him to use Bruce Schmitd Moving.

Description of Work
Move bedrooms, washer, refrigerator, grill patio furniture, book cases, TV pictures and lots of boxes and other items.

08/03/2017

Harvey C.

Went great! Crew arrived early, they were very careful and accomplished the move quickly. Other providers wanted to charge me for a minimum of four hours, but Bruce was able to fit me in and only charged for the actual time needed (plus travel time).

Description of Work
Small moving job from Carnegie to Upper Saint Clair.

07/06/2017

Art G.

Outstanding! Great care was taken in moving the furniture. They were on time polite and came in under the estimate.

Description of Work
Furniture moved from First Floor to Lower and vice versa.

06/20/2017

Cathryn B.

perfectly, very professional, careful, courteous. Could not ask for a better crew

Description of Work
moving antiques and other furniture

03/30/2017

Carrie K.

I can without reservation say that Bruce and his crew were among the finest and most professional folks I have ever had the pleasure of hiring. The crew was AMAZING. They moved so quickly I could not believe it. Even though they were moving at top speed, the care and attention they gave to my furniture and pictures was kid glove. They treated every piece they handled like it was a treasure. They were so polite and well spoken. Bruce does a fantastic job of coordinating the move and is also very professional and attentive. Do yourself a favor and look no further than Bruce Schmidt moving

Description of Work
I hired Bruce and his crew to do a complicated estate move with multiple delivery destinations. The move also involved a 78 inch long and two inch thick oval marble table.

03/10/2017

glenn C.

Extremely well. Bruce was very professional and precise as we arranged the deal. His moving crew was professional as well - each guy introduced himself to me when they arrived, they moved quickly and efficiently but gently, I never once heard anything bump against a wall or door frame. Everything went as planned except the end price was less than the quoted price, gotta like that!

Description of Work
Simply moving job from 1st floor to 2nd floor

07/06/2016

Susan B.

Bruce and his crew are wonderful to work with--Bruce is very detailed in his assessment of the move so that his estimates were very close to the actual costs. He and the team were very accommodating of some special requests I had to mitigate my severe fragrance/perfume allergies. His crew is fantastic--they were on time for both days of moving as well as being friendly, courteous, helpful and very careful. I was moving some family heirlooms and they could not have been more careful and considerate of my furniture. They took apart some pieces and put them back together with no issue They checked with me frequently to make sure they were placing pieces where I wanted them. They are obviously very experienced movers and work extremely well with each other. I highly recommend Bruce and his crew and will use them again.

Description of Work
Dropped items at Construction Junction and Goodwill on Day 1 and moved items from Pittsburgh to Uniontown, PA and items from Uniontown to Pittsburgh on Day 2.

04/04/2016

Dee B.

We couldn't be more pleased with this company. Everything went so well and the price was very fair! They were great: professional, skilled, great team work, so respectful of all our furniture and accommodating to my wishes about where stuff should go. All glass table tops were separately wrapped and boxed. They set up heavy-duty cardboard wardrobes, so we could quickly box up clothing on hangers. They were so fast! Again, we couldn't be more pleased! I would recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
Bruce's wonderful crew moved us from a large 3 bedroom apartment, with tons of stairs, to a small house and they did it in great time, with professionalism and great team work. Bruce helped me set up plans beforehand, with a detailed packing list, with all questions answered before the actual day of the move and that was very helpful.

01/17/2016

Judith H.

Although we ended up not needing a mover, I wanted to rate Bruce for his responsiveness and professionalism. He treated my move with the same attentiveness as if I were asking him to move my whole house of furniture. He took the time to understand my move and explain my options and gave me an estimate over the phone. Very professional guy. I would definitely call Bruce again when I need a mover.

Description of Work
Called Bruce for an estimate for a sofa and two side chairs

01/11/2016

Mary Ann B.

Everything could not have gone any better. I've dealt with another mover only to find out later that a few pieces of bedroom furniture were damaged. Needless to say, I was apprehensive with the thought of dealing with another move. I spoke with Bruce and he was very detailed and helped me with all of the logistics of the move. Granted I hope it will be awhile before if I ever need to move, but if I do, Bruce is the only person that I will call. I even told him that I would call him even for a small move. The 3 men that Bruce sent to help me were very friendly and understanding. They all treated my Mom's items as if it were their own Mothers'. You cannot put a price tag on having peace of mind knowing that you can trust someone. I definitely do trust Bruce and his workers. THANK YOU BRUCE AND PLEASE TELL THE GUYS THANKS ALSO!

Description of Work
My Mom became ill and had to be sent to a nursing home. I had to move her furniture and belongings from her apartment to my house.

01/05/2016

Rebecca B.

Bruce was very accommodating and worked with us to move us on two consecutive Fridays per our request. His men were on time and got right to work. They took care to point out anything on our furniture that had already had scratches or dents so that we were aware of them and we knew that the dents were there before the movers touched the furniture. They were very friendly and were able to move everything that we requested, including a riding lawn mower, a grill, an upright freezer, and an antique Victrola among other things. They also moved an antique bedroom set. Overall we had a very positive experience with Bruce and his movers. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to move!

Description of Work
Bruce's men moved us from one house to another (both within the Pittsburgh area). They moved us on two consecutive Fridays (per our request). They moved our heavy furniture and a few pre-packed boxes.

09/12/2015

Terri M.

Bruce and his team (John Jr, Nate, Brandon and Mike) were terrific!!! It's difficult to find local movers in the Pittsburgh area, and Bruce did not mind at all, very experienced with Pittsburgh local moves. Bruce is VERY well organized and responsive; his estimate was very accurate for my inventory. He and his team are very straight forward and very honest people; they charge exactly what it takes for them to do the move, and they work hard. There were no dings or "casualties" during the move. I would use Bruce Schmidt movers again and would recommend them to my family, friends etc. Thank-you Bruce and team :-)

Description of Work
Moved my 2 bdrm 3.5 bath townhouse (2000 ft2) to a 2 bdrm 2.5 bath condo - local move

05/24/2015

Dustin M.

We left booking movers to the last minute, but Bruce was flexible enough to squeeze us in on two afternoons. It turned out our inventory overestimated our possessions, and the service costed considerably less than we were initially quoted. This was pleasant news. The crew were personable and able.

Description of Work
Moved worldly goods from old home to new home.

05/14/2015

Pat W.

Bruce quickly found a way to schedule my pick up and delivery to match the unusual store hours, the crew arrived on time, and the move was completed as scheduled. The crew was efficient and knowledgeable - successfully navigating the narrow doorway with a very heavy sofa. They were careful of my other furniture. It was such a good experience from the initial contact to the final delivery of the sofa. I would recommend Bruce.

Description of Work
A sleeper sofa was moved from the store to my home.

05/14/2015

Christie K.

Bruce's crew were timely and professional. They handled the move with ease and were actually able to do the job in less time and at a lower price than I was quoted on the phone. Very good service and I would use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Hired Bruce to swap a washer and dryer set between two properties.

04/16/2015

Jean M.

Contacted Bruce Schmidt for small moving job. Bruce was very professional and easy to work with--answered or returned calls promptly, gave a reasonable and accurate bid, was able to perform the move within a few days of initial call. The three man moving crew arrived promptly, were very courteous and did an excellent job. The move was one room of furniture from an apartment to a house. They also moved furniture from the apartment to the outside for trash pickup. At the house they had a lot of steps both outside and inside to navigate. They also moved a large piece of furniture that we had had difficulty getting up the steps out of the house for us without any apparent problems. They completed the job within the estimated time frame and bid price. I would definitely call Bruce Schmidt for any future moving needs.

Description of Work
Moved one room of furniture

09/18/2014

Valda G.

The entire service was a pleasant surprise. I did not expect how much better the pricing would be compared to the big name movers. I learned that Bruce Schmidt is not small time. He carefully determines what will be needed (size of pieces, etc) and has available all kinds of boxes (wardrobe, etc). He dermines the best combination of man-hours to get the customer the best price. He does not waste hours. His workers were professional and nice. From quotes I had gotten from the larger chain movers I think they would have cost double what Bruce charged and my small time move would have gotten big-move pricing. Bruce was recommended to us and I pass on that recommendation. You will be making a good choice.

Description of Work
small local move from Pittsburgh house to Pittsburgh apartment

07/11/2014

Holly S.

I contacted 4 movers to inquire about pricing for moving a bar from one home to another. 1 mover wanted $160 and that was only for manpower; I needed to provide a truck. 2 companies quoted nearly $400 to move ONE PIECE of furniture. This company not only called me back very shortly after I emailed them, they were able to arrange the job very quickly as we are on a deadline. I called on Thursday, July 3rd; the move took place Monday, July 7th. The movers called 40 mins before arrival (I was told to expect this from the owner). They arrived I swear on the minute, and they were very quick/professional. Their efficiency allowed for affordable costs. I paid them cash, and the cost was even a few dollars less than original quote (quote was $137; I paid $131). That screams HONESTY to me. Best Punctual Service both with scheduling and the actual move, honest prices, and MOST AFFORDABLE of the movers I contacted. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moved 1 piece of furniture from one home to another.