Bridgeville Automotive

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 2004

2000 Painters Run Rd

Pittsburgh, PA 15241

Jim and Rose Altvater opened Bridgeville Automotive in 1994, and have since been proudly serving area customer's auto repair and tire needs. What once started out as a small one-man shop has grown into one of the area's prominent full-service auto repair centers, this is due to our commitment to exceptional customer service and satisfaction. Now, over 15 years later and with three ASE Certified Technicians and one Service Writer, our original motto still holds true today; "Old Fashioned Quality And Service For Today's Automobiles". We have grown our business due to the loyalty and referrals from our many valued customers, and we pledge to do our utmost to continue to earn your trust, friendship, and confidence in us. To further earn your confidence, all work carries a minimum 12 months / 12,000 mile warranty! Bridgeville Automotive is a modern repair facility and we have all the computerized diagnostic and repair equipment to analyze your vehicle's needs, and repair it right - the first time. We pride ourselves on being thorough in our diagnosis and repairs, keeping your vehicles dependable and safe for you and your family. Our highly trained technicians are constantly updated to provide you with the highest quality service to get you back on the road promptly. We service all makes and models, and can handle all of your car care needs....

Suzanne P.

They were professional, high quality and I was impressed with their workmanship and honesty. That's a big thing with them, they're very honest and fair.

Description of Work
It was just a tune up.

Suzanne P.

We used them, maybe, three years ago. They were professional and had high quality. I was impressed with their workmanship and honesty. That's a big thing with them; they are very honest. That's why we keep going back to them. They are very honest and fair.

Description of Work
I guess they did a tune up.

Suzanne P.

They did a lot. They do professional and high quality work. It's a fair price. They do everything well. Every time I had the car there they do well.

Description of Work
They've done a couple of things. They replaced the alternator, some belts, checked the battery and stuff like that.

09/20/2016

MICHELE B.

This was my first visit to Bridgeville Automotive -- previous inspections on my four-year-old car having been provided by the Nissan dealership at which it was purchased. Was advised that the car would not pass because of leaking rear shocks and that front brakes would barely pass and should be replaced very soon. Also they needed to "special order" new wiper blades because they were a "weird size" and a couple of other small items, for a total cost of about $950. Bridgeville replaced a small light bulb and cleaned the battery terminals (no charge) and billed me $71 for the inspection and emissions test. I declined the other recommended work, popped over to Auto Zone for wiper blades ($40) and took the car back to the dealership for a second opinion. Nissan pointed up the brake issue but found no other problems -- total cost $370. That's a pretty big discrepancy. Don't think I'll be going back to Bridgeville Automotive anytime soon.

Description of Work
State inspection

08/01/2016

Adam K.

After dropping the car off, I received a call later that afternoon explaining that in order for the car to pass inspection multiple issues would need to be taken care of, from the suspension to the exhaust. The estimated cost of the work was $1,200. I politely said this is crazy for the scope of work, and I would pick the car up and not have the work done. I some knowledge of mechanical work on cars, so I decided to take a look for myself. I crawled under the vehicle, and there was absolutely no issues with the suspension, or exhaust. Still needing an inspection, I took the car to two other certified PA inspection garages, where both confirmed that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the suspension, or the exhaust, and the car passed inspection with no problem. This place is a total rip off and con artists - even if the issues were true, the quote was double what the scope of work would normally be elsewhere. Beware.

Description of Work
Yearly inspection for my vehicle

Category auto repair,car inspections

03/28/2014

Lisa B.

Great service and great price - Bridgeville Automotive confirmed repairs that had been identified by the local Nissan dealer, but their price was significantly less than what Nissan wanted and the responsiveness and availability was much better. Ellen was great in keeping me informed of their findings and progress, and explained all of the charges in detail. I will definitely use them for future service needs.

Description of Work
PA State Inspection, Oil Change & Various Repairs

Category auto repair,car inspections

03/08/2014

John B.

Took over a week to get an appointment. Filter gasket failed after service, but they worked hard to make it right.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired heater problem. Routine car service - oil changed and transmission service.

Category transmission repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/06/2013

Nolly G.

Perfect! Not only in service but also on giving information on tires and how to best maintain them.

Description of Work
New tires and alignment.

Category car tires

09/24/2013

Randy G.

Good job. Very friendly and personable...Very honest. Decent value for quality of work.

Description of Work
Automatic transmission fluid flush

04/10/2013

Art B.

The exhaust system on my 2005 Hyundai Accent had become increasingly noisy for about a two week period. I got under it with my iPhone and video taped from front to rear. Transferred recording to PC and saw that the flexible portion of the center pipe was rotted. I went online and found out what that part would cost me. Then I decided to join Angie's List to find a recommended shop to fix it. There wasn't much for my area for muffler repair, so I did a search for auto repair in general. That's when I discovered Bridgeville Automotive Inc. They had dozens of raving reviews and so I gave them a call. Jim, the owner, answered and said that they had a cancellation that day and that I could bring it over right away. I never mentioned that I had inspected the system or that I thought I knew the problem and the cost of the part. I just said that there was a new noise under the car. Sure enough, after he had examined the car, he said the flex pipe was leaking and his estimate for replacement was spot on. I then agreed to let him fix it and he provided me a ride back home. When Jim called me to tell me that the car was finished, the price was the same as his quote. He then asked me if I needed a ride back to his shop. When I got there he brought out the old part and showed me the damage and explained the the remainder of the exhaust was in good condition. He also saw a check engine light on the dash and said that it was a Tranny Temp Sensor and not related to the exhaust system. The car ran like new on the trip home, quite as a mouse. I found that every step of the process was conducted professionally and fairly. I will definitely return for future service and I have already recommended this shop to family and friends. I am also glad that I joined Angie's List.

Description of Work
Replaced exhaust flex pipe and gaskets. Made sure the check engine light displayed on my dash wasn't related to flex pipe damage.

Category muffler repair,auto repair

T. Williams Handyman Service

We are a local and family owned Handyman Service, specializing in residential and small electrical projects. Call Trey (Owner) @ (724) 914-3266 for an immediate response.

Offers by T. Williams Handyman Service on Angi
    Cliff the Electrician

Our family own Business installs and. Repairs all kinds of electrical devices, Electrical panel boxes, outlets and switches, recess lighting, wiring, for dryers and stoves, Hut tubs, swimming pools and car chargers.

Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning Company

At Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning, our priority is you, the customer. We’re Allegheny County’s home comfort specialists since 1977. From heating and air conditioning installations to furnace repairs and duct cleaning, we’ve built our excellent reputation through decades of superb service and customer relations. We help you create and maintain a comfortable indoor climate and healthy indoor air. We can install entirely new heating and air conditioning systems, upgrade your current system to energy-efficient, money-saving new models, inspect older systems for safety risks, and repair any equipment necessary. In the event that your equipment needs servicing now, you have peace of mind knowing we’re only a phone call away. We provide 24/7 emergency service.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Tires
    Auto Mufflers
    Auto Radiators

Automobile Inspection Stations & Services,Auto Repair & Service

Body work & transmission overhauls.