Blawnox Upholstery

Founded 1991 • With Angi since January 2004

388 Freeport Rd

Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Additional DBA - Brindle Upholstery. Additional e-mail - customerservice@blawnoxupholstery.com....

01/09/2017

Sally S.

They did the work in the time frame they estimated for the price that they quoted. The couch looks and feels great. They picked up and delivered the couch. Before finishing the cushions, they had us come over and select the firmness that we wanted. We are happy with the results.

Description of Work
I had an old couch that was reupholstered and new springs put in. The back had buttons and tucks in it as well as a tailored skirt around the bottom. It has three cushions with the ends being a different shape than the middle one.

10/18/2016

Kay N.

Awesome, very happy, beautiful stripes all match, perfect job!

Description of Work
Chairs reupholstered

04/19/2016

William G.

Wow - what a difference! Beautifully redone - very precise and elegant. Wasn't their problem that we picked one of the most expensive fabrics in the book! Chairs look great - I wish we had done this years ago.

Description of Work
Re-upholstered six dining room chairs

10/05/2015

Louise G.

The workmanship was actually very nice. But, he did not put enough down in seat cushions. Because I'm a) lazy, and b) totally non-confrontational, I never did anything about it.

Description of Work
He re-upholstered a chair for me.

Category upholstery,leather & vinyl repair

HI [member name removed], Our goal is to make our customers happy. and we always look for ways to improve our service. We will be happy to work on your seat cushion, and make sure you are 100 percent satisfied with the service. Our hours are Monday - Friday 9am -6pm, Saturdays 9am -4pm . You are welcome to bring you cushion at your convenience. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions Thank you Mike

04/14/2015

Lorie R.

This is the third time that we have used Blawnox Upholstery at my office, and each time the results have been even better than anticipated. The first two jobs were for upholstery work on chairs, and this recent one was for window treatments. Miranda and the entire staff are friendly, helpful, and great designers. For the window treatments, they came to look at our space and then gave us multiple fabric samples and suggestions for design. They helped us chose four different designs and fabrics for various rooms in our executive offices, and everyone loves them. They worked with us to pick just the right looks and colors for each room. The installation of the treatments was professional, quick, and flawless. The upholstery work was for chairs in several conference rooms and guest chairs in our executive offices. As with the window treatments, everything was excellent. They were very helpful in finding the right patterns, colors, and fabric weights. Both times, we had a vague idea of what we wanted, and Miranda and the team helped guide us to the perfect solution. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We used Blawnox Upholstrey for window treatments and upholstrey work.

Category upholstery,alterations

01/20/2015

Nancy U.

Our experience with Blawnox Upholstery was wonderful. Miranda and Meghan went out of their way to help us choose fabrics that met out decorating and financial needs. The men who picked up and returned our love seat and sofa were polite, punctual and very respectful of our home and furniture. The final product exceeded our expectations. Their meticulous work resulted in a beautiful sofa and love seat. We are grateful to all at Blawnox Upholstery and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
reupholstered a sofa and love seat

09/06/2014

Sharon R.

It needed to have everything re done from the re gluing of the frame to re doing the springs with 8 way hand tie. They were very helpful in helping me pick a beautiful fabric from their large fabric showroom. The quality and service is top notch.

Description of Work
Blawnox Upholstery re upholstered my grandmothers antique settee.

06/10/2014

Donna M.

Had a great selection of fabric. Friendly and helpful. The work done was excellent !! I love these chairs more every time I look at them.

Description of Work
reupholstered two dining chairs

03/31/2014

Dennis W.

I was very pleased, I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
They reupholstered a couch, and three chairs.

03/18/2014

David B.

Nicely done? Took a while though but worth it.

Description of Work
Refinished and upholstery of collector item chair

12/18/2013

cecelia B.

They arrived on time, were very professional, had the cushions back in a timely fashion and the work was beautiful.

Description of Work
recovered 6 dining room chairs

10/22/2013

Darryl B.

It was a great job. At first we were unsure of the refinishing because it was so different from the original, which was an antique painting process done in Italy, which is no longer done and the paint/stain mixture is no longer available. The walnut was stripped to a natural finish. After discussing with family and friends, we decided that we loved it. During this uncertainty, Blawnox Upholstery was supportive and encouraging. They offered a refund, if we were not satisfied. The staff and owners were extremely helpful in the selection of fabrics. Very knowledgeable about the quality and appropriateness. I heartily recommend them

Description of Work
Re-upholstered 4 antique chairs. Refinished walnut frame using a sub contractor.

10/21/2013

Sandy S.

Miranda and team are a joy to work with. My journey began a year ago. After getting some preliminary pricing from Blawnox, I then comparison shopped for almost a year but could not find the selection or custom options anywhere else. I had previously purchased from two nationally known higher end retailers in the Pittsburgh area, but neither could offer me a similar product for a comparatively similar price. The Yumak?s (owners) and Megan made me feel welcomed and very much at home as I spent quite a few hours searching for just the right fabrics for my project. I was always greeted warmly and never felt rushed. They ordered samples, researched my questions, and advised me on features that would optimize the functionality and style of my room. They custom made beautiful, washable slipcovers and matching permanent skirts for two love seats, custom made a sofa and a chair, and reupholstered a French country chair that is now a focal piece. We finished off with a number of custom pillows to accent the room. The service is wonderful and the quality of the craftsmanship is outstanding. Blawnox offers a seemingly unlimited number of custom options in fabrics, furniture styles, window treatments, slipcovers, etc.; you are only limited by your imagination! The delivery team was very friendly, punctual, and conscientious. My room has been transformed and is just what I envisioned. I will most certainly be a return customer to Blawnox Upholstery.

Description of Work
Custom build chair and sofa, custom slip covers, reupholstered chair, custom pillows.

Category upholstery,custom furniture

10/18/2013

Rachel H.

They were very good. I spent a lot more. It was upholstery so that deal wasn't going to cover much but it still helped. They did a great job but I thought they were expensive.

Description of Work
We used the "Big Deal" that we purchased for the services of Blawnox Upholstery. We've had our dining room chairs recovered. They redid the fabric and gave it new cushions.

09/27/2013

Laura D.

They were very prompt with their response and gave me a detailed estimate, but the price was just too high and we have decided to hold off on the project.

Description of Work
Estimate for upholstery.

09/19/2013

Megan G.

I received a sofa and arm chair from my grandparents. My wife hated the floral print and style of the pieces and they spent many years in the basement. When my bachelor furniture wore out and needed to be replaced we contacted Blawnox Upholstery to find out what could be done with the pieces in the basement as my grandparents had told me they were quality. From beginning to end it was a pleasant experience with the staff at Blawnox Upholstery. They even went above and beyond to please my wife. She had found a fabric that was no longer available that she absolutely loved and they found a great solution to get her exactly what she wanted. They were also able to help us change the style of the furniture so they were no longer outdated. In fact we had my grandparents over the day the furniture was delivered and they didn't even recognize the pieces. The sofa and chair turned out wonderful and my wife can't wait to do her next project.

Description of Work
Blawnox Upholstery reupholstered a sofa and arm chair for me and my wife. They updated the style and helped us choose fabric.

06/17/2013

Eileen W.

My experience to them was very well and I was very pleased. They were pleasant, I think I've got good value and no problems. They were very pleasant to deal with and I thought I actually got a good price for the work I have done, the price wasn't an issue and they were able to accommodate that.

Description of Work
I used Blawnox Upholstery for the re-upholstery of our dining room chairs.

05/20/2013

Deborah T.

I made use of my Angie's list $20 coupon and saved $130 in pickup/delivery fees! Miranda spent the time with me to chose a stock fabric at an excellent price. The finished pads were delivered and installed this past weekend. I am very satisfied with the custom work, it is obvious they take the time to align the patterns which is not always the case. The new foam is comfortable and fits the chair seats perfectly. I am so happy with the results and would not hesitate to use this business again and again.'Also, the the delivery personnel were punctual and very pleasant to work with. Deborah

Description of Work
The chair pads were removed by employees as well as a broken chair and taken to the shop. They were all recovered and new foam installed.

04/06/2013

Roger G.

The company immediately responded to my email for help. When I went to the establishment for more information, they clearly explained exactly what they would be able to do and showed me the materials with which they'd complete the work. The loveseat was returned to me within one week's time and looks fantastic. Even more satisfying, it 'sits' better than it did when it was brand new. I'm no longer embarrassed to have it in my home. This was not inexpensive but definitely worth the cost. The sofa in another room now knows it's reached its last days in its current condition.

Description of Work
restored to life the seat and back cushions of a sagging, droopy loveseat by removing the existing fluffy cottonball stuffing with FIRM (REALLY FIRM!) innards

12/28/2012

Gary S.

Great fabric selection, quality work, reasonable cost, completed in less than three weeks.

Description of Work
They made twelve replacement cushions for two couches.

Category upholstery,custom furniture,alterations

10/21/2012

Patricia K.

The process was fully transparent, and I was invited to participate in all stages of the design and completion process.

Description of Work
I was in need of a signature piece of furniture for our daughter's new room. Miranda helped me design a chaise that would continue to delight through the elementary school years. It is a truly custom piece, that is nothing short of spectacular. During the design process, Miranda called us to ensure that we were pleased with the various elements of the piece. She noted that she was unhappy with an aliment, and suggested that we alter the design slightly. It turned out even more beautifully than I could have imagined. Miranda and her team are now working one several other pieces of furniture for our home. We cannot say enough about the professionalism, and attention to detail of everyone involved at Blawnox Upholstery.

Category furniture repair

10/09/2012

Lynne S.

First did email exchanges with me sending pictures of sectional. Got an estimate. I waited a year and job had to be re-estimated. (price did increase slightly) Visited shop and owners were so helpful and work looked great. Advised us on materials. We said "Do it!". They did a magnificent job and quickly! Great delivery guys too.

Description of Work
5 piece sectional couch completely re-stuffed and re-upholstered. Plus added leg 'locking' devices that keep the separate chair pieces from moving apart.

10/08/2012

Amy S.

Blawnox Upholstery went above and beyond in exceeding our expectations. The fabric choices were hung neatly in a very well lit and extremely clean showroom. It took hours to view the wide selection of fabric choices availabe. The owners are extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and very professional. They guided us through the selections process making sure that we chose a fabric that would wear well and would be good for our furniture. We were able to pick our cushion firmness and view our furniture before it was delivered to our home. Our couch had tufting and buttons on the back. The work to reupholster this was phenominal. Truly a work of art! Our dining room chairs were reupholstered and the cushion and piping were perfectly done. Our family room furniture had wood sides and was returned in excellent condition. Each day that we look at our completed pieces reaffirm that we made the right choice in having our furniture reupholstered by Blawnox Upholstery instead of buying new.

Description of Work
I had 2 couches and 2 love seats re-upholstered. 6 Dining Room Chairs.

09/17/2012

Mary E H.

I took in four sofa cushions to have the foam cushioning repaired (upholstery still in good shape). I found the owner to be helpful, pleasant to talk with, and professional. The work was done on time, and I can't believe how much better my sofa feels with new cushions. it's like having a completely new sofa -- maybe even better, because I think the quality of the replacement exceeds that of the original foam. I will definitely use them again and will refer my friends.

Description of Work
I had the foam replaced in four sofa cushions. I called in advance, but did not need an appointment for what I was having done. I dropped off the cushions at their store and picked them up when they were finished.

05/13/2012

John O.

They were fast, professional, and friendly. Very nice people to do business with and their work was excellent. The chairs look great and the daybed is even nicer than original.

Description of Work
They reupholstered two Conant Ball chairs and a George Nelson daybed.

PREMIER SUEDE/LEATHER & SPECIALTY CLEANERS

We are located in California and do not offer regular dry-cleaning services. Premier is the nation's finest suede and leather garment cleaner. WE PREFER THAT YOU CALL US DIRECTLY WITH ANY REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS AT (949) 244-0943, OR E-MAIL US AT: leathergods@aol.com. IF YOU EMAIL US, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER. Highly recommended by the finest retail stores in the U.S., including Nordstrom, Armani, Tom Ford, Gene Hiller, etc. Thousands of clients from all over the country who demand the finest quality and workmanship, ship garments to us directly for cleaning, dyeing, and repairs. Other services: purses cleaned and re-dyed, alterations and repairs, re-weaving of fabric garments, and area rug cleaning. Furniture cleaning and dyeing limited to Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties.

BOB LEWICKE FURNITURE REFINISHING

Family owned business over 30 years serving the greater Pittsburgh area. Pickup and Delivery available.

J Display Case

We are a custom acrylic fabrication shop with stock designs also shown on our website. Our quality is the finest in the acrylic industry. Display cases, wall cabinets, display covers and bases for antiques, model ships, collectibles, and turntables. Safely packaged and shipped to your door. We ship to all of the US states and cities in 48 contiguous states. Email or call us for a free quote 1 800-971-6276.

Furniture - Custom Made
    Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard

Re-upholstery home & office, sofa & love seats, dining room seats, kitchen booths chairs, ottomans, window seats, slipcover, seat, bench, chair cushions refilled, headboards, cornices & fabric selections.

We do not do automotive