AWNINGS BY PAUL

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
02/03/2024

3200 Brighton Road

Pittsburgh, PA 15212

We Leave Nothing Uncovered... Family Owned Business...Fully Insured... Free Estimates...

awnings (78)Patios (3)decks & porches (3)window treatment (1)window replacement (1)

07/07/2022

John G.

From the moment Paul came out to the house, it was clear that he was experienced, knowledgeable and professional. His quote for a new awning and motor was very reasonable. And when it turned out that our awning mechanics were non-standard in size, they went the extra mile to identify a new vendor and establish an account with them to get parts for us. Installation was fast and efficient and the crew was very professional. Extremely pleased and would recommend without reservations.

Description of Work
Replacement of awning and motor

Work Completed On 07/07/2022

Thanks, and enjoy the use of your awning

06/18/2021

M R.

I have been a customer of Awnings by Paul since I purchased my home in 2002. They stored my awnings (side curtains) in the winter and put them up for me in the spring. I changed my colors on the porch this year and ordered a new awning for the front porch with the side curtains. The service is top notch and my new awnings are gorgeous. Derek did a fantastic job installing them. I was concerned because I was not sure how I would like them in the front, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw them today. They are beautiful and Derek did a perfect installation (which I was also concerned about because there would be more drilling of holes in the porch columns). These guys are pros and they are very dependable. I had nothing to fear.

Description of Work
New Awnings for front porch

Work Completed On 06/18/2021

Thanks Mimi, it a pleasure having customers like you. Enjoy the new roman curtains

03/21/2021

Thomas C.

Take down and re-installing the awning went extremely well. Awning had a lot of discoloration, looked like new after it had been cleaned. Very impressed with the outcome.

Description of Work
Removal of existing awning for cleaning and re-installation.

Work Completed On 03/20/2021

Review for AWNINGS BY PAUL - 3200 Brighton Road, Pittsburgh, PA - 39259258

03/02/2021

Eileen M.

got my estimate, product ordered, installed with professional workers we are 100% satisfied. Thank Paul and his team, Derick and James.

Description of Work
Installed an insulated awning

Category awnings, decks

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

Review for AWNINGS BY PAUL - 3200 Brighton Road, Pittsburgh, PA - 39223550

12/29/2020

Thomas C.

Exceptionally well. Workers were prompt and professional and paid attention to details.

Description of Work
Canvas awning over front porch.

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

07/02/2020

Sherri A.

I initially called to have my awning cleaned Paul came within 2 days and sent me a proposal and I opted to replace the awning .He came back to measure and I was told 6-8weeks the awning was installed within 4 weeks. The level of service was first class and Paul was Professional and timely I would highly recommend Paul he clearly is the best! Customer service focused and a quality awning! Very happy with my new awning it's beautiful.

Description of Work
Replaced Awning

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

Thank you and enjoy the summer sitting out under your awning

06/01/2020

Matthew M.

I'm happy with the work done by Awnings by Paul. The quoting process was simple, straightforward, and transparent. Paul was honest with me about cost-to-value ratio and the positives and negatives about the features I asked. The work was done quickly, quietly, and efficiently. I even was able to complete a conference call while his crew was at work. Thanks!

Description of Work
Install awning over entry door and awnings over three windows

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

05/15/2020

David K.

Paul and team did a fantastic job on our new awning!

Description of Work
Build and install new Awning

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

04/22/2020

Tracy C.

Paul did an awesome job from start to finish at a very reasonable price. I would absolutely recommend Awnings by Paul without hesitation!

Description of Work
New awning

Work Completed On 04/22/2020

04/17/2018

Deborah P.

I have not actually had the work done or even gotten a quote. I had to write this review because I called Paul and he was driving and happen to be the neighborhood where the property is located. He made a detour and went to the property and addressed my hanging awning and made a recommendation for replacement. I am so totally impressed...I had been trying to get another contractor who kept making promises to come out and just didn't show up. The only constructive feedback I would extend is to stay in communication with your clients so they know where things stand. Thank You Paul for saving the day! Deb Patterson

Description of Work
Awning Replacement

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

10/11/2017

Chuck H.

I ended up going with another vendor. Honestly, I don't remember the cost. I think the problem I had with him, was he was really backed up, he wasn't able to get to us until the end of summer. On the price, everyone was around the same price.

Description of Work
It was a quote on an awning in the back.

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

09/06/2017

Christy B.

Got an estimate. He was very prompt and professional! Great!

Description of Work
Residential awning to be replaced

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

06/05/2017

Mary Ann M.

All good, well installed. The rubber covers on the ends of the poles that weight down the awnings had cracked from the winter cold, and he replaced those for us at no charge. I don't remember how much we paid - it was over $1000 I believe.,

Description of Work
Needed drop down awnings made for the sides of our patio. Paul must live near me as he was here within five minutes of me calling to get an estimate! That was impressive. He was very helpful in helping me make a decision on the color selection as there are many choices.

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

06/02/2017

Fredrick H.

Awning was installed properly and on schedule.

Description of Work
Spring season awning installation.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

04/05/2017

Tamara O.

He returned a phone call and was rude.

Description of Work
Awnings cleaned

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

02/20/2017

Steve L.

I'm satisfied with the end product. The contractor could have been better at communicating and following through with requests. Specifically, I had to obtain my own building permit, and it took some prodding to get him to send the info that my borough needed to do this. He got the work done quickly and to the specifications provided, so no complaints on that end.

Description of Work
Had awning built over my deck.

Work Completed On 02/20/2017

09/08/2016

Mark D.

When ordering the awning Paul was responsive. We ran into a little issue that delayed the awning. We were able to take the awning samples home, but when we returned the samples, we expected someone to be at the shop. No one was there but we marked a sample we liked. When Paul was ready to have the awning made, the man at the shop hadn't supplied him with the number to the fabric we had chosen, so it delayed the installation of the awning by a few weeks. We never received a follow-up call. I did have questions about the awning and had hoped I would get a follow-up call but that didn't happen. I didn't bother to call because I knew I would be emailing about awning storage and had hoped to ask my questions at that time. I've sent about 4 emails over 3 months asking about removal and storage for the awning and I've never had a response.

Description of Work
Making an awning for a small back patio and removal and storage service for the awning.

Work Completed On 06/03/2016

07/26/2016

brian J.

very well. called shortly after to get sides for the awning and may look into other accessories too!

Description of Work
Installed insulated awning. excellent job, very efficient

Work Completed On 06/29/2016

06/25/2016

YAN L.

Paul provided an estimate after a visit. He said $300 to install my own awning. So I ordered online. However, when my awning was delivered. He has been unresponsive, not matter phone call or text message.

Description of Work
Paul provided an estimate after a visit.

Work Completed On 06/10/2016

05/25/2016

Judith C.

I contacted Paul for a quote for an awning for my front porch. He was quick to respond and his price was well below other quotes I received. I asked him to provide examples of his work and he gave me several addresses of homes and businesses that he had made awnings for. I was able to drive by and see the quality of his work. He came out and measured and was extremely helpful in helping me select a fabric. He delivered and hung it within the 6 to 8 week window as promised. The quality of the awning is great. He did a fantastic job. I would definitely use him in the future.

Description of Work
Made an awning for my porch

Work Completed On 05/18/2016

05/19/2016

Alan F.

I was limited to a specific awning pattern by my HOA, so there was no problem selecting what to order. Paul came to my house to measure on a frigid February day, per our appointment. Besides porch awnings, I also wanted to get an awning over my bay window + mosquito netting to enclose part of the porch. He diligently measured for each of these three parts & provided estimates by e-mail within 24 hours. He also provided a rendering of how the bay window would look with the awning. I also determined that I would need a sample of the mosquito netting to present to the HOA as part of the approval process. That had to be ordered from the supplier & took a few weeks, which was fine. Ultimately I was only permitted to get the primary porch awnings. I paid the deposit & it took about a month for the material to be ordered & for the shop to make the awnings. Installation took a few hours. I'm pleased with the finished product & will try to get the window awning approved again in the future & would call Awnings by Paul to provide it, if I'm allowed.

Description of Work
provided & installed porch awnings

Work Completed On 05/03/2016

05/18/2016

Werakul L.

I liked them. He did very good work but he is very busy so he takes a long time before he returns a call, and sometimes he doesn't at all. I liked the quality of work, I did not like that he was not responsive to the calls. The interactions were very good when he responded. He could be more responsive.

Description of Work
He did awning work.

Work Completed On 05/18/2015

05/17/2016

Eileen J.

He does superb work. Even when our old cloth awning was installed, we knew we had been taken for a ride. It looked like a circus tent and we were never able to contact the company--they never returned our calls. Paul removed the old cloth awning and installed an awning that goes with our house. We couldn't be happier. He could not have been nicer. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
He removed the old torn cloth awning and installed a beautiful non-cloth awning over our front porch.