Johnson Surveying

Founded 1981 • With Angi since January 2013

114 Peter Dehaven Dr

Phoenixville, PA 19460

I provide professional surveying services for locations in PA, NJ and NY with very competitive prices, quality and timeliness. I have 30 years of experience. I now accept credit cards.

03/18/2021

Gina P.

They called within a couple hours and provided us with an estimate.

Description of Work
Home being purchased is potentially in a flood zone. There is a question about whether or not it is in zone AE or X but there is no elevation certificate on file.

12/19/2020

Betsy M.

Immediately contacted me to schedule survey. Completed survey as contracted.

Description of Work
Property Survey

05/21/2020

Arun V.

Prompt and professional response from the company and the work was completed on time.

Description of Work
Boundary survey

02/02/2020

Tomica H.

Brian who did the survey was fantastic and answered all our questions; showed us the original property stakes left the property neat. Tim who prepared the plot plan could not have done enough for us. He answered all my questions and responded quickly.

Description of Work
Survey boundary lines

01/24/2020

Judi D.

The surveyors were very pleasant, answered every question that was asked with a great explanation and very helpful. This company does the work in an expedient amount of time and is very reasonably priced. I would recommend using this company without hesitation.

Description of Work
Needed boundary surveyed for a dispute.

05/24/2019

Pat L.

Well. They responded to initial quote request and then scheduled the work promptly. It was a little pricey for about and hour to hour and a half work but it was done finally so that's good. Plus I was a little surprised as to where the property lines ended up being.

Description of Work
Empty lot boundaries marked/surveyed.

05/12/2019

Daniel S.

Prompt call after inquiry from Angie’s List. Quick scheduling and Turnaround. Marked property line as discussed and found existing corner markers.

Description of Work
Property line Surveyed and Marked

04/24/2019

Richard R.

It went excellent. Tim responded within 2 hours to my request for a quote, while only one of four other companies responded at all. Tim's cost was very reasonable and Butch & Brad did an excellent and professional survey. The survey was done exactly they way I anticipated, with the pins located in an accurate and proper manner. Butch & Brad arrived just as scheduled and completed the work with respect for my neighbors' property that they needed to use to access pins to verify my property lines. They were very considerate and repaired any areas that needed to be dug up to locate the pins. They were both very friendly and knowledgeable in their profession. I would highly recommend Tim Johnson Surveying to everybody.

Description of Work
Surveyed my property & established property boundaries

07/28/2018

Jason S.

Tim and team did a great job with the initial survey and were able to make subsequent updates based on new findings on a pipeline right of way. The price was fair and the work was excellent.

Description of Work
Land Survey of My Property

05/09/2018

Vijay J.

Excellent! The entire service from the moment I contacted them to get a quote to compare prices, hiring, setting a date and finishing the job - met and exceeded my expectations. I strongly endorse this company and team. Will certainly hire again for future needs.

Description of Work
survey and mark property lines with stakes for landscaping

05/08/2018

SANDRA T.

I don't understand what his problems and I didn't like the attitude.

Description of Work
Last week sometime, I called Johnson Surveying and nothing, he seems agitated and told me that he have to charge me approximately $400 but it seems that he doesn't want to come. He also told me to go to a fencing company and have them measure it. The fencing company could go to Bureau and get the measurements. I already had the papers from their company. Then I called them yesterday and left a voicemail. I said that they were the ones who did the land surveying for me 2 years ago and I had all the papers that they given to me. But they didn't called me back or even respond to any of my voicemail.

Category land surveyor

Sometimes when property boundaries are not easily determined then it becomes a difficult survey! Why make a client waste their money on a job that will not give the results expected!

08/28/2017

Douglas K.

Tim was very responsive his price was fair. He did more for what I paid then others would do for just a bare bones survey.

Description of Work
Survey a 1.5 acre property, hilly and lots of tree's

06/20/2017

james S.

It went fine. The site plan is great. They were fairly responsive, though we were hoping for the plan a little sooner.

Description of Work
Survey of a new property, and site plan.

05/30/2017

Joe B.

Not well after 4 hours the survey team gave up because they could not determine a reference point to start with throughout the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Home property border

Category land surveyor

The original survey markers were never set for the neighborhood. A normal survey is very difficult to do in this case making a drastic price change on the surveying! Recommended to the client to hire a local surveyor that works on the neighborhood!

05/04/2017

Michael M.

Tim was very responsive and quick with providing a quote. His team showed up on-time and completed the job safely and with professionalism. If you are looking for a solid company that will not over charge you, but do the job right the 1st time.. this is your company.

Description of Work
in need of residential property surveying, stakes and map

04/10/2017

Matthew L.

Very good. No issues. Responsive and work done on time.

Description of Work
Marked property lines and provided report.

04/03/2017

Renee D.

Everything went well. He showed up as promised and delivered the report timely

Description of Work
Elevation Certificate for flood insurance purposes

03/29/2017

Stephen K.

Tim was easy to work with and schedule. One of his guys showed up the week that he said they would, and was able to find the metal stakes on one side of the property, and staked the other side for me, and placed wood stakes all along the line on the side that I was primarily concerned.

Description of Work
Property Survey -- I had the measurements from the county, though it was unclear to me exactly where the lines started on either side. I am trying to plan out how wide of a garage I can add to my home, so I wanted to know the lines prior to getting bids or working with the township on approvals. I did not have a full site map laid out, but the pricing seemed reasonable. I would likely hire them again if I needed that to get through the process with my township.

01/16/2017

Deanne T.

Tim Johnson came out to our philadelphia property to survey the plot and at my request mark the boundaries with steaks for paint to show us where we could place our fences. He sent a map that had some questionable boundaries because of the brush that made it difficult for him to get to certain parts of the plot. The boundaries were not marked at all by him during this time. We asked him, as soon as the contractor cleaned up the brush would he come out and finish the job and check into the errors on the map? He agreed to. This was in September. 2016. The contractor got around to clearing the brush as of late early January 2017. When I asked Tim to come. Out and finish the surveying work now that the brush was cleared he asked for another $300 because it was inconvenient. I explained that he had never finish the job in the first place, why should I pay extra for him to come out? He had never marked any boundaries and had provided me with a property map, and I had no idea where the labor was in any of this. All I had was a piece of paper and I was out the full fee. Nobody else was going to be able to map those boundaries except for a surveyor. He said it was because it had been six months since he'd been out there (it hadn't), and the property was "difficult" despite it being a corner lot on a Philadelphia street. He told me to bring my business elsewhere and I asked him for a refund. He said he would send it out but I haven't gotten it yet. I feel like I've wasted my time with this person and I would not recommend him as someone trustworthy and professional.

Description of Work
Home plot surveying and boundary marking on a newly purchased residential property.

Category land surveyor

I did go back a second time at their request but the back yard was still not cleared of debris. The back property corner was not accessible due to garbage, overgrown trees and brush.

01/10/2017

Amy B.

excellent. they showed up on time, marked the property and were done quickly.

Description of Work
surveying property boundaries

12/20/2016

john B.

It was very easy I gave them a call, set up a date. I didn't have to be home the came out did the work and then they invoiced me, it was very simple and easy to do

Description of Work
I use Johnson Surveying for land surveying services.

10/24/2016

Marylou W.

good. Getting them to respond to early inquiries took a bit of patience but once we connected, all went smoothly and the work was done as promised

Description of Work
They surveyed our property and placed wooden stakes every 50 ft or so

10/23/2016

James R.

He did a good job marking our property lines for installation of a fence. The price seemed a little expensive, but that seems to be the standard rate for this type of surveying.

Description of Work
Surveyed our property for the installation of a fence in our backyard.

10/12/2016

Marissa Y.

Actual survey was fine, but there was no confirmation of appointment after multiple attempts on our end. We were actually in process of looking for another company when someone from Johnson Surveying came to the door to do the work unexpectedly and with no heads up. The gentleman that did the work was excellent, professional, and polite. Booking this through AngiesList, there was supposed to be some sort of plot plan included, but was never delivered.

Description of Work
Survey of our plot to prior to a fence installation.

09/23/2016

Volodymyr C.

Excellent! Very helpful in answering my questions. Quick and precise.

Description of Work
Survey property line

Category land surveyor

Land surveying, site, grading, zoning compliance plans, boundary disputes, fence and fema surveys, construction layout & design.