American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2007

882 Woodlawn Ave

Phoenixville, PA 19460

We will beat the plumbing pricing of all major plumbing companies. Please call for details. With nearly 20 years in the Plumbing and Drain-cleaning industry, American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing offers commercial, residential, professional and reliable services that are cost-effective and convenient. We offer a full list of services for your home. We specialize in High Pressure Water Jet Drain Cleaning. For more specialized requests please contact us. Before we start any work you will always receive a price quote and all of our work is guaranteed....

09/11/2017

Pamela G.

Dan and his team were incredibly responsive, especially when I discovered a second leak while they were replacing the hot water heater. They also, quite literally, saved my life and my neighborhood when they caught a gas leak, I didn't notice, helped identify exactly where it was coming from and hooked me up with folks who came out immediately to repair

Description of Work
replace a hot water heater that had flooded the basement AND a leak in the plumbing that was also draining in the basement

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/29/2015

Margaret S.

They were excellent. They were good. It was a tough problem to track down and they found it.

Description of Work
I used American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing from Phoenix because there was a leak in one of our supply lines.

01/23/2015

Christopher K.

When I originally purchased the deal I was looking for a plumber to help me identify where a consistent leak was coming from within my house, because water was draining into the basement. I scheduled this provider for a specific date and time after we discussed several options and they showed up on a date and time that was not what we agreed to. I had them take a look at the issue since they were already there, but the response I received was a bit confusing and the questions did not really get to the root of the issue. Their conclusions seemed to include a lot of excessive work, which included extra costs for drywall. We did not even get to the quote phase because I had a different provider coming to do an estimate and I did not feel comfortable moving forward with this provider. The 2nd provider that came to do an estimate, asked much more insightful questions and found the source of the leak very quickly. The root issue did not involve any drywall work, at all, and everything was resolved successfully. We agreed on a rate and date for the completion of the job, so I did not go back to American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing. I was also disappointed that this provider spoke negatively about the 2nd provider I had coming to the house, when I told them who it was. I found that to be a bit unprofessional.

Description of Work
No work was performed because our communications were very bad.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing

The statements are untrue we do not talk bad about competition. We did no work at all for this person . To put dry lock on the walls and a barrier on walls can not be bad . mold is one thing to think about . cutting corners for price is not good.

01/04/2015

Kathryn K.

I called American Drain about a problem with my pool. They were able to help me discover the problem on my own. They clearly went over their pricing and practice. I would use them in the future but hope I won't have to!

Description of Work
I did not hire the provider.

01/02/2015

Christine H.

It went very well. He knew exactly what he was doing and he was able to fix all of our plumbing problems. We will contact him again because he did a great job. Our only problem was the cost but if the problems are taken care of, we will look to American for a quality job as we have had plumbers/handymen who end up costing us more in the long run. The plumber, Dan, seemed to enjoy working on old plumbing and he was able to fix the issues with our very old and problematic plumbing right away.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in the main water line & fixed and installed new sump pump.

12/13/2014

Steve K.

America Drain Cleaning came to our site to service a drain clog in the sewer line between the building and the street connection. The drain piping was complex and difficult to clear. The guys that showed up on site stuck with it and worked the problem until the line was cleared. They went above and beyond. I was extremely happy with the work that was done and would recommend them to you. Great guys too.

Description of Work
Unclogged sewer line on the property

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

12/01/2014

Donald D.

The technician knew just what to do to open the clogged drain in our old home, including opening the pipe in the basement to properly snake the lower part of the pipe.

Description of Work
We had a drain from a second floor kitchen sink cleaned.

05/23/2014

Joanne H.

Called as he said he would After completing first service call. Evaluated, gave me the price to snake the drain, completely the job, and cleaned everything up.

Description of Work
Jacuzzi tub was draining slow. He snaked the drain and it is working great.

05/14/2014

Michelle K.

After renting an auger and trying to clear the clug myself unsuccessfully, American was the only plumber available that was will ing to come out on a Saturaday evening. It wasn't cheap but they had the right tools and were able to get the job done.

Description of Work
Un-clogged our sewer line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

04/24/2014

Richard S.

We appreciated Dan's responsiveness and recommendations. Scoping the line first helped us avoid unnecessary expenses of excavating the entire sewer connection.

Description of Work
Service provider scoped the main sewer lateral from the house to the street in search of a possible damage to the line. The investigation revealed no major breaks but some minor root intrusion. The provider removed roots within the line to provide better flow.

04/22/2014

Bruce & Jennifer W.

Scheduling was wonderful and Daniel came right out the same day. Communication was also wonderful. It was a Friday afternoon and he hurried and came out so he could get the parts from the warehouse.

Description of Work
They replaced a hot water tank.

Category water heater repair

04/01/2014

Michele S.

There was an additional change but American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing had to do something extra so it was appropriate. We don't have anything to compare them, we didn't get estimates, we just called him but I thought it was pretty reasonable.

Description of Work
They did some plumbing service.

Category sewer cleaning

03/20/2014

Vasee S.

Excellent service, prompt, done right the first time.

Description of Work
Install Submersible pump and battery backup

03/15/2014

paul E.

October 2013 was the second time I had Dan from American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing do work at my house. The first job a couple years ago was to replace the shutoff valve on the line to the outside hose bibb. The second time (October 2013) was for the 3 jobs listed above. Both times the work was done professionally and in a timely manner. Both valve replacements were done with higher quality parts than the builder had used. After the initial installation, the shower needed adjusting to run hotter and getting that done took a single phone call, and it was done the next day. So I would say American Drain is responsive to calls after the primary job is done. The cost for the 3 jobs in October 2013 included the hardware & labor. Based on experiences I have had with other plumbing companies in the area, American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing is more reasonable. I would recommend them and plan to use them in the future.

Description of Work
1) Installed backup sump pump 2) Replaced valve to refrigerator icemaker 3) Replaced cartridge in washerless shower faucet

03/11/2014

Margaret S.

We had a pretty tough problem and they did a great job. They were worth every dime; they were good. They really knew what they were doing. They were on time; they were here when they said they would be here.

Description of Work
American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing helped fix a problem for us.

02/04/2014

Lyndon J.

I had a very positive experience. I will use American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing services again.

Description of Work
Replaced an exterior faucet and adjusted another.

01/23/2014

Frank D.

We did not use the contractor, as the estimated cost was too high. We did incur a service charge, which was explained to us in advance. We used another contractor who did the job very well and for a lot less.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing.

01/13/2014

Hayeon L.

Their quote was way too expensive and was beyond our budget so we did not use them. They were quick to respond to me.

Description of Work
I got a quote from American Drain Cleaning & Plumbing for a plumbing project.

01/10/2014

Carl F.

Bill and Dan did a great job under 'emergency' circumstances. My sewer line had backed up and was leaking inside my basement. I phoned them on a Saturday morning and they arrived within hours. They were obviously veteran plumbers with years of experience ... they knew what to do. Came in a van that seemed to be well-stocked with tools and spare parts. My job needed a special part.. they were out of that one but were able to source and procure it within an hour. That was good because my situation was urgent. They used a 'snake' to fish out the debris and a section of scrap PVC pipe from the vent line, a point of blockage. They worked until job was complete the same day. . I would recommend them, especially for difficult drainage problems.

Description of Work
Cable cleaning of main drain line. Removed debris from line using special tools. Installed sewer vent riser and cap on vent pipe.

12/28/2013

SANDRA B.

American arrived on time, surveyed the scene, and said it would cost $350.00!! I should have paid the $79 and sent them on their way. I stupidly agreed to it because I wanted to get it over with and I had plans for the evening. They spent 30 mins. trying to get the hydraulic-type lift for the equipment to work in order to remove the giant auger from the van . Third chance to bail. They finally physically lifted it off and got set up. It didn't take long for them to clean out the drain -- I stood there and watched. Then, they made sure that all of the faucets and toilets in the house were flushed and running. Lastly, I ran the washer on a short cycle in order to help flush the line and make sure that everything was clear. In retrospect, I should have stayed with the first plumber and I should have refused American's price, even if I had to pay the $79.00 service fee. With either of the other two, I would still have been ahead. Because American is so much more expensive and, I believe, provided the same service that they other two would have provided, I will not use them in the future.

Description of Work
I had raw sewage and paper spilling from the pipe on my lawn. I called three plumbers on Angie's List. One wanted $225 and I agreed to that. He was going to coming in the afternoon. The second wanted $245. I did not set a time because the first was lower and they both had coupons When the third, American, called and left a message, I did not bother to respond until about noon, after I found out that the first one was going to arrive between 4 - 6 p.m. We wanted to go to the movies. On a whim, I called American and they could come out by 2 p.m. They charged $79 to come out. If you purchased the service, the cost was waived. I tried to get them to give me an estimate, but they would not. In light of the other two freely given estimates, this should have been a red flag.

Category plumbing

I was the attending technician. Upon arrival, she was happy we responded quickly and in a timely manner. I quoted her a price and she said to go ahead. The price was the usual as it was an outside access with large roto-rooter machine. Since there seemed to be no complications, the price was typical. The fuse burned out on our handy lowering machine and we had to unload the drain machine by hand, no extra charge of course. She never indicated to us how upset she was with our lowering the machine by hand, or the price. The only feeling she expressed to us was happiness at our prompt arrival and relief at have the drain line cleaned and cleared.

11/18/2013

Betty A.

It went great. I was very happy with the outcome. I will be referring them to lots of other people.

Description of Work
I was having water problems. Several of my pipes started leaking. They were really nice about getting here ASAP.

11/01/2013

Laura L.

they were the 3rd plumber we had in...the others were very worried about breaking our pipe. They were at the house at least 2 hours painstakingly working slowly and thoroughly to solve our problem.

Description of Work
They unclogged our kitchen drain.

Category drain cleaning

10/19/2013

Jiayan X.

Had some problem complete a toilet installation due to some bad parts; left with a hole on the bathroom floor and would like to get the new toilet installed right away instead of waiting for a few days (bought the new one from home depot and called several plumbers but all are busy for the next few days). Called American Drain and they are very accommodating and agreed to come over in 30 minutes. When I asked about the price, they won't quote me over the phone stating every case is different. I mentioned that the old toilet is already removed and it should be a straight forward job; the plumber almost installed the new one to the finish but had to remove due to mis-matched tank. I said the other plumbers I asked all quoted in 175-200 range. Anyway, the plumber arrived shortly after and took a look and said they usually charge $450 for toilet installation; but since the old one is already removed, they will charge $400. I was a little shocked of the high price. Since the plumber is already here, I will get charged $79 even if I declined for them to do the job; so called the owner and negotiated the price down. He insisted that this is the market price (they do include 1 year guarantee) even though none of the plumbers I talked to has the price over $200 (and yes I also get these plumber listings from Angies list and all have A ratings). Since I am paying less, there is no guarantee for my installation. Now for the good part, the plumber is very nice and professional. Didn't rush the job since I paid less. He did the installation carefully (took 30 minutes for the whole process) and the toilet worked great. He is also pretty patient and answered my questions during the installation. So, overall, I think they are probably good for bigger jobs since the warranty sounds nice; for smaller things like toilet installation, the price seems high to me. To the Provider's Response: 1) The parts I had was mismatched for the previous plumber, which is why he couldn't finish the job. We got the correct parts after that, so there is no mismatched parts when your plumber came. So it is a very straight forward install. (probably easier than a regular install since the old toilet was already removed). 2) The point I am trying to make is when I called for a quote, be a little up front. I mentioned several times that the other plumbers are quoting me $175-200 on the phone, which is apparently way below your standard rate. You probably have good reason to charge that rate which is fine, but you should just let me know then that the estimate is much higher than what I have in mind and save both of us some trouble.

Description of Work
Install a new toilet

Category plumbing

Customer called late in the day Friday and said he needed a toilet installed that day. We juggled some things around so we could accommodate him. We were at the customer's residence very soon after he called. We quoted a price for a full install and gave him over 1/2 off of that price, he never showed us any written estimates from any other plumbers. The parts he had were mismatched, but we made it work. He needed a supply line which we supplied. So overall calling a plumbing company at the spur of the moment and having them there in 30 minutes ready to do the work for $215.00 was a great value. I think the customer would be hard pressed for another plumbing company to be as accommodating. Especially late in the day on a Friday. We did everything he asked got there quickly gave him a good price and the job was done correctly by a plumber. Not really sure I understand customer's point of view. American Drain Cleaning and Plumbing always strives to do excellent work at competitive prices.

10/16/2013

Marcia S.

Dan is always easy to reach, professional and courteous. He did what he said would do, did a great job and even referred me to a contractor for other work I needed done. I'm happy to say I've the plumber I will turn to for all of my future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Installed water line for refrigerator

Category plumbing, water heater repair

10/09/2013

Tracy S.

Dan gave me the good, the bad, and the ugly before I made my final choice to go ahead get the work done. The work was quick and he cleaned up after himself well. Dan was very professional and well spoken.

Description of Work
Cleared a drain in the bathroom.

Category drain cleaning

Rhino Waterproofing Solutions

We specialize in all types RESIDENTIAL ROOFING SERVICES. For an immediate response call Anita @ 484.996.3600

Offers by Rhino Waterproofing Solutions on Angi
    J & A Environmental Services

Our mission at J & A Environmental Services, LLC is to continue the growth of our business by doing right by all of our clients. We truly care about your health and environment, so we take our jobs very seriously. We offer Mold Remediation, Air Quality Testing, Basement Waterproofing, Odor Removal, and Water Damage Clean-up. J&A Environmental Services, LLC is a fair honest company with excellent customer service. J&A Environmental Services, LLC built the brand by helping one family at a time to eliminate the mold in their environment. Call us 24/7 for all your Environmental needs. We have 100+ five star ratings on Angi's Leads and 34 five star ratings on Angi's Ads.

Tucks Waterproofing

One & Done Waterproofing offers professional waterproofing services to PA residents. With over 10 years experience in the industry, One & Done Waterproofing provides customized solutions to fit your needs. With our quality workmanship and guaranteed work you can trust One & Done Waterproofing will exceed your expectations to get the job done right the first time! Call today for your free estimate!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    $25

Plumbing. Drain Cleaning. Water Heaters. Sewer Replacements. Fixing Faucets. Boilers. Sinks. Sump Pumps. Garbage Disposals. Sewer & Drain Line Camera Inspections. Heating. Hot Water Heating. Base board Heating.