ValueGuard Home Inspection

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2004

Buying a home can be stressful. Choosing a home inspector shouldn’t be. We understand the anxiety and stress that comes with buying a new home. Hiring an inexperienced home inspector can leave you vulnerable to costly defects, poor advice, and unnecessary delays. Our inspection professionals are selected based on experience and reputation and all have completed rigorous testing, training and continuing education. Schedule Online, Request a Quote or Call our friendly, knowledgeable local staff....

home inspection (241)radon mitigation (81)pest control (17)real estate agent (5)well & water pump repair (3)septic tank service (2)

09/18/2022

Joel O.

Michael Bluestein did an excellent job he was straightforward with the pros and cons of the property and what needed to be done down the road. I'm glad I chose ValueGuard for the home inspection you guys never fail and are very professional I would recommend your services to anyone that is looking to purchase whether a first-time home buyer or your next one. Thank you.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 09/17/2022

09/06/2022

David H.

We were very impressed with and grateful to our inspector (Mike). His thoroughness inspired so much confidence. He helped us get a handle on both the high-priority and low-priority issues in the home we’re hoping to buy (an old Victorian, being sold as-is), while also making that information digestible and not too overwhelming. He was sure to highlight the virtues and strong points of the property, which was also helpful to hear. He went meticulously from top to bottom of the house; he was amazingly articulate about each detail, in a way that made clear that there was a wealth of knowledge and experience behind all his observations. After this inspection, we felt like we were able to make an educated choice in moving forward with our home purchase. While there are definitely some repairs ahead of us, we now know what we’re getting into and what we need to do. We feel confident approaching those improvements with Mike’s report in hand.

Description of Work
Home inspection, pest inspection, radon inspection

Work Completed On 09/03/2022

08/08/2022

Tricia K.

Value Guard makes scheduling an appointment EASY with its online scheduler. We were able to choose our inspector, the time and the inspections my clients wanted done. The online invoicing was swift and safe. The inspection itself was fantastic- Cory explained many systems to my first time homebuyer in easy to understand language. He was there early to get all exterior drone footage so we were able to use our time inside the home wisely. Fantastic experience and I will use him again!

Description of Work
Home inspections for my Buying Client

Category pest control, home inspection, real estate agents

Work Completed On 08/08/2022

07/14/2022

Hollis R.

Mike was extremely helpful during our home inspection. He was thorough with the walkthrough, notes, and explanations and helped my husband and I make the most educated decision for buying our home. We know exactly what the house needs and how to move forward with repairs, thank you again!

Description of Work
Home and wood inspection

Category pest control, home inspection

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

03/25/2022

Robbie C.

Working with this company was great. Their office staff was friendly and patient, answering my questions about what they offer or not especially considering I wanted a pre-offer inspection. When I was ready to hire them, they were able to arrange for an inspection on very short notice: I called them around 4pm one day and they had an inspector at the house before 9am the next day! The inspector, Cory, was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. He came with all the gear he'd need, including an infrared detector which was helpful. He made quick progress through the inspection but was thorough, and he took time patiently to zoom in on key areas or issues he noticed or that I asked about. He was generous with his time and knowledge, and he was clear about the limits of what he knows or can report on. In the end I had much more clarity and confidence about the good and bad of the home. To top it all off, knowing that I was on a tight deadline to decide on an offer, they got a high quality and thorough inspection report PDF over to me in just an hour after the inspection. I'm very impressed and thankful to have found this company and inspector - I would highly recommend them to anyone in southeast PA.

Description of Work
Home inspection on short notice

Work Completed On 03/24/2022

01/26/2022

Clint C.

We hired Robert from ValueGuard to do our first inspection, and we are so thankful we did. He was able to identify a number of issues that made buying the home untenable. He walked us through every single detail from roof to basement, and he provided a fantastic report with pictures and details that we could actually understand. We ended up terminating that sale, and when we found a new home, we hired Robert again. Just like the first time, he was incredibly meticulous, and this time the house was great! Robert and ValueGuard will always be our go to for inspections. We can’t thank them enough.

Description of Work
Inspection, Radon, and Termites

Work Completed On 01/22/2022

07/27/2021

Janet M.

Mike B did a wonderful job with our home inspection. He was professional and communicated what needed attention in the house. he couldn’t of been any more comprehensive. I would definitely recommend!!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 07/27/2021

07/18/2021

Tanishia G.

I can’t say enough good things about our home inspection. I would give 10 stars if possible. Now we have the peace of mind moving into our new home.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 07/18/2021

06/06/2021

Les H.

Jason was the most thorough home inspector I have ever worked with. He spent 2.5 hours going over our 3 bed/3 bath condo with great detail. His report the next day was through and included many relevant photos of issues he recommended for repair or further attention. And the office staff at ValueGuard was extremely professional and helpful in scheduling the work and communicating before and after the inspection itself. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 06/02/2021

05/29/2021

Ella H.

The inspection went very well - Reid, our associate, did an excellent job explaining everything as we went through the house, and answering our questions. The report we received was very detailed - everything broken down and pictures included to further explain any issues. Although we have work to do, we were very pleased with how things went.

Description of Work
Home Inspection for a home we're purchasing

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

05/02/2021

Emily J.

Mike Kelly was on time and extremely professional. Mike was thorough and took the time to answer my many questions. His report was very detailed and his experience put me at ease. At the same time Randall Getzoff performed the pest inspection, and also provided a great report. I really appreciated his knowledge and thoughtful answers to my questions as well. I highly recommend Valueguard for their timeliness and professionalism!

Description of Work
Home Inspection and Pest Inspection

Category pest control, home inspection

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

04/20/2021

Rich K.

Our Home Inspector Robert was extremely knowledgeable and very meticulous in his inspection of a home that we were in the process of purchasing. He spent three hours going over every inch of the property from basement to roof pointing out various items that should be addressed. He subsequently provided a detailed written report the next day which included photos of the potential problem areas. Robert was very professional and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is considering the purchase of a home.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

04/13/2021

Moses M.

Reid was super knowledgeable about all the details of the house and easy to talk to and ask questions. As a first time home buyer, I appreciated his patience and willingness to answer my questions even a week after the inspection. All around the ValueGuard team was very responsive and professional. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

04/12/2021

Sarah Y.

Mike K did our inspection and went above and beyond. He spent 8 hours (!) at the very old, large house and was not only thorough but also provided us an education along the way. My realtor said she’d never seen anything like it! Highly recommend

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

02/19/2021

Austin J.

As a first time home buyer, I wasn't sure what to expect from the inspection process. Steve Haslam was incredibly patient and friendly. He walked me through everything he would later note on the report, which was every bit as thorough and detailed as the sample report on the ValueGuard website. I was able to buy my home with confidence thanks to their services and would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Home inspection of an older house

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

01/07/2021

Tiana J.

My inspector was awesome. We had to move the inspection date two times and they were extremely accommodating. He was thorough and friendly. I was assured that I could ask him anything or go over whatever concerns I had. I found the experience to be very positive and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a home inspection to hire this company.

Description of Work
Home inspection for purchase

Work Completed On 01/02/2021

12/14/2020

Jack A.

Steven Haslam was a pleasure to work with. He was professional, observant, and patient. I never felt like he was rushing, and we had a long time. He was meticulous and took the extra time to point things out to me and explain as we went along. I look forward to working with him again.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

12/05/2020

Michele G.

Convenient scheduling and payment. Very thorough

Description of Work
Home Inspection and Termite

Category home inspection, real estate agents

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

08/24/2020

M Z.

This was our fourth pre-purchase inspection with Valueguard (third with Mike Kelly). Valueguard inspectors have a deep understandIng of unique issues of old Philly houses and are very thorough! Their inspections take a little longer and cost slightly more, but they more than pay for themselves when buying an older Philly home! You can proceed with full confidence that you have a clear understanding of all the issues.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase Inspection of 150+ YO brownstone

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

12/16/2019

Christopher S.

This was my second time working with Mike Kelley as the home inspector. Mike is friendly, knowledgeable, and very thorough in conducting the inspection. ValueGaurd also sent two separate inspectors to complete the Wood Infestation and Radon Inspection. Everyone was there on time and the work was completed as expected.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review! We appreciate you trusting ValueGuard and Mike Kelley with inspections of two properties. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if we can assist you further in the future.

05/19/2019

April L.

Mike Kelley from ValueGuard did a really excellent job with our home inspection. We were buying an older home and knew it needed 'a little work'. However, the scope of issues found was astounding. Windows, doors, roof, water infiltration, etc. we quickly realized that it would take months/years to fix the major issues and a whole lot of cash. Everything was well documented and photographed in the report. The report even included some repair price estimates and, while these weren't a substitute for professional estimates, they helped us know if it was a $100 problem or $1000 problem. Will definitely use again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

09/06/2018

Anna W.

TRhe inspector was great. He talked through everything with me as he was going through the house. He wrote up a detailed but easy you understand inspection report.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

04/09/2018

William M.

The inspector was very personable, knowledgeable, and professional, my issues with Valueguard were the price, and level of detail in the final report. I have used other home inspection companies before and I found Value Guard to be overpriced. Similar services have cost me over $100 less with other companies I have used in the past. The report that value guard sent me was detailed, however estimated costs for repairs were only specified for about two thirds of the issues noted on the report. For the price of the inspection I was disappointed that Value Guard did not give estimated costs for all the major issues identified on the report they sent me.

Description of Work
Home inspection