Union Roofing Contractors, Inc.

Founded 1981 • With Angi since October 2014

PA010759
Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
07/01/2023

12260 Townsend Road

Philadelphia, PA 19154

www.unionroofing.net

Union Roofing Contractors, Inc. is a family owned business, that has been in business for over 30 years under the same name. We are members of Local 30 and can ensure that you will receive nothing but TOP quality workmanship, completed by our Union employees....

4.2

4.3

4.1

4.3

roofing (69)skylight installation (14)chimney repair (4)chimney cap repair (4)siding companies (3)gutter cleaning (3)masonry (2)gutter repair (2)window replacement (1)

03/30/2022

mark L.

They are great. They are personable and they did a great job.

Description of Work
They put a new roof.

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

Thank you for the review! It was great doing business with you!

01/20/2021

Michelle W.

They called and Made appointment then called to postpone for the following day saying they were stuck at another job. If they ever showed up, the next day between 11-1 (I was at work), I would t know because I never heard anything else from them.

Description of Work
Roof estimate full and a patch

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

11/23/2020

Michael F.

Had to have some work redone less than 3 years later. Other work was poor -so much tar that it changed the pitch of an area of the roof so it drained improperly. Contractors were unfriendly, gave no warning when they were showing up. Their office called me with recorded messages at 6:15 for three straight days.

Description of Work
Roof refurbishment, sealing, flashing repair.

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

11/06/2020

David F.

It went fine. There were two large rain storms after the tune-up. There was no leaks

Description of Work
3 years roof tune-up

Category roofing,chimney caps

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

04/10/2020

Peg D.

They were awful and horrible. I had to get their work all redone. The other contractor said it was one of the worst roofing jobs they had ever seen.

Description of Work
They out a new roof on our house.

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

Hi Ms [Member Name Removed]- We are incredibly sorry to hear that our services didn't meet and exceed your expectations. On behalf of the entire Union Roofing team, we would like to apologize for your bad experience. Please contact us directly to discuss further.

03/12/2020

Gershon C.

Very professional and quick service. Would use again in a heartbeat. Highly recommended nmended

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

01/18/2020

Joe C.

Everything was done promptly and well. I just wish they had been a little more up front about prices.

Description of Work
Roof needed to be redone

Category roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

09/20/2019

Alberta K.

It went very well. They were very professional about everything. I will recommend him to anyone who need their roof repair.

Description of Work
Roof, vent

Category roofing,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

03/12/2019

James K.

See complaint with Pennsylvania AG's Office. Requested criminal investigation.

Description of Work
Roof estimate

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

There is one thing accurate about this 'F' Review -- and that is we NEVER completed services for Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Mr [Member Name Removed] contacted our company requesting a free estimate, however, that is NOT what this consumer actually wanted or needed. Mr. [Member Name Removed] was actually looking for a FULL written report, including pictures AND a written statement on what was completed incorrectly on his roof by a PRIOR contractor in order to take that prior contractor to court. A CERTIFIED report that you would need for court as requested is a $ 195.00 charge. When the attorney general's office reaches out to us we will be sure to inform them that you were not in fact looking for a free estimate, but rather a certified written report that you would be able to use in a court of law. As we previously stated to you when you refused to pay for the report, we wish you nothing but the best finding with resolving your roofing claim with Argentina Roofing. Thank you

02/19/2019

Eugene T.

The service is very good. They were on time and professional. Any problems, they come back and immediately take care of it.

Description of Work
They did a complete roof for me.

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

Thank you for your business and for the review! We look forward to doing business with you again in the future :)

12/26/2018

Elnita E.

Our roof was in major need of repair due simply to weathering and age. After receiving several outrageous repair quotes, I remembered seeing a large sign on a wall advertising Union Roofers. I figured that I had nothing to lose, so I might as well give them a call. Patrick from Union Roofers came to our home to survey the extent of the damage and to provide a free estimate of all repairs needed. He was very professional and thorough with his assessment; he explained exactly what needed to be done to restore integrity and soundness to my roof. The day after Christmas, I received a courtesy call alerting me that they were on their way . They immediately began working upon arrival. They took pictures before, during, and after the repair work. I had the opportunity to meet their boss Frank, who made it a point to be on site to meet with me, the client, to review our contract, pricing and to set my mind at ease. Frank was super kind and professional. More importantly, there were no surprises in terms of price. Everything that he said needed to done was also quoted by the other outrageously priced roofers. Union Roofers has displayed an unparalleled level of professionalism coupled quality work and all at an affordable price. If you are in need of roof work, and you are looking for company that exhibits quality, integrity, professionalism and fair pricing, I highly and wholeheartedly recommend Union Roofers. They restored my roof and I am a happy camper. E Edwards

Description of Work
Brand new roof, skylight and more

Category masonry,roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 12/26/2018

12/09/2018

Erica D.

I called and left a message and no one ever returned my phone call. So I never followed up with them.

Description of Work
Roofing repair

Work Completed On 12/09/2018

The last message we have was on 12/7/18 with phone number ending in 7497. If that is your phone number then we did return the call. We always return any messages left on our answering machine. Our answering machine has two beeps, if you start talking after the first one instead of the second the message, unfortunately might not come through. Also there are 3 secretaries in the office Monday through Friday from 7:00AM -5:00PM to answer your phone call

12/07/2018

John L.

Roof was installed the next day after meeting with company rep. The workers were professional and completed the job in good time. And the roof looks great. Thank you John L Lindsay Street

Description of Work
Roof installed on house addition.

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

11/19/2018

Regina T.

The repairs were uneventful. We received communication from the company that the roof was certified for 2 years. Fast forward 1.5 years, and the roof is leaking again. We called Union back and they came quickly to do an estimate, were told the roof needed reconditioning and possibly an overall roof replacement. We responded that our roof was certified by Union for 2 years and were told this was not true, even though we have documentation of this being the case. Even worse, after calling for 1 week, we were not able to get a call back and in the interim our roof leak worsened. The staff did not apologize for miscommunication nor for the delay in getting back to us. They finally offered us a reduced price on reconditioning after we asked to speak to a manager, but at this point, would not ask them to do further work on our property.

Description of Work
flat roof repair

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

A certification on a roof is not the same as a warranty. You had a 1 year warranty on repairs made. A roof certification is for settlement proceedings that states that the life expectancy of the roof should be 2 years, but it is not a guarantee.

11/09/2018

KJ W.

I am completed satisfied with Union roofing qork... Theybwer on time, professional, and they were careful not to damage my neighbors plants next door!!

Description of Work
Roofing repair was done. Estimate of job and follow up with quilty of work by feint office ..

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

10/08/2018

Kevin H.

The roofer stated that I need a new roof and the price was going to be 2900.00. Also, the roofer to stated that my roof had not been fix in 10 years. However, when I purchased my home the owner place a new rubber roof on the roof. Also, I have proof that there was a new rubber that put on the roof. My home full renovated. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau in the coming days. The roofer was horrible. I can upload photos of my roof at a later date.

Description of Work
patch a leak

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

Good Afternoon - upon reviewing our estimate AND pictures with the supervisor, it is in fact an older rubber roof on your property. The roof was never maintained properly and the walls were installed improperly. With that being said, yes you need a new rubber roof. We can also send you the pictures that we took of your property - that shows the rubber roof in bad condition. We do not feel that we are warranted an F rating because we told you the truth about the condition of your roof. Thank you.

10/07/2018

zachary J.

will be completed bt another roofer

Description of Work
repair mansard roof gutter

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

10/03/2018

Lonnie J.

The service was good and they are very agressive.

Description of Work
They put a new roof.

Work Completed On 10/03/2017

Thank you for the review!

09/13/2018

Mark D.

Joe and his crew arrived on time and completed the job ahead of schedule. They left my daughter’s house spotless. I would use Union Roofing again and will be telling my friends about the great experience I had!

Description of Work
New roof and air vents

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

09/12/2018

Nancy G.

Not happy I just did my ceiling and is still leaking i thought they replaced the drain pipe cover any cracks but all they did was the roof so I'm upset.

Description of Work
Roofing done

Work Completed On 07/21/2018

09/06/2018

Jason and Lydia T.

Union Roofers were suppose to come today but they couldn't come they are suppose to come tomorrow 9/07/2018. Very hot out today.

Description of Work
Leak on second floor, White capping around edges, Crack on third level fixed. all flashing will be nailed cemented fabric and re-cemented.

Work Completed On 09/06/2018

Thank you for the review! Due to excessive heat warnings yesterday we decided to keep our men off of the roofs. When the temperature is 100 degrees on the ground, it is 130 degrees up on the roof. I did just check with my boss and we are in fact on the roof today now that the heat broke :) If you wouldn't mind, review the work we complete today after it is done!

08/24/2018

Gretta W.

Frank and the workers were very professional. They took pictures of the roof before and after the work was done. There was n ok trash left behind. Very clean job!!!!!

Description of Work
I had all roofs done

Work Completed On 08/24/2018