Rock-A-Fellas Co Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2007

6960 Fowler St

Philadelphia, PA 19128

Rock-A-Fellas Contracting is dedicated to providing quality product at affordable prices. Rock-A-Fellas Contracting Company is a subchapter S corporation and is fully licensed and insured. Attention to detail is our trademark. The end product is exceptional in quality while still being affordable. Rock-A-Fellas Contracting can service all of your home improvement needs - inside and out. From renovating your kitchen or refinishing your basement to installing new fences, entry doors or windows. We speccialize in site preparation. Our customized foundations provide the needed stable and secure base for your structure. They are visually more appealing than traditional cinderblocks as well as more economical than cement pads. ...

01/02/2013

John S.

The crew arrived on time and finished the job in one day. The work site was left clean and I was able to begin construction on my new shed the following week.

Description of Work
Tore down and removed existing 8' x 10' shed. Prepared a 15' x 15' level stone base for new shed with 6" x 6" pressure treated frame and put in four 30" deep piers with achors.

Category excavators, garage builders

12/11/2012

Robin R.

Person came on appointed date to give an estimate for fence repair. He looked at the job, said he'd get an estimate to us. I never heard from him after that.

Description of Work
Estimate.

Category decks

11/19/2012

Ken H.

The project went extremely smooth with no damage to the yard. Bob and his crew were punctual and the cleanup was thorough.I would highly recommend his companys sevices to anyone needing a shed or gazebo.

Description of Work
Bob and his crew put together a 20' x 14' rock pad with 4' x 6' pressure treated forms for a shed in my deep in my backyard.

11/04/2012

Matthew S.

The job went very well and we love how are bathroom has been transformed. Bob made multiple visits to consult on the tile choices and ensure they were prepared for the project. Phil (tile guy) was a true craftsman and took his time to ensure the work was perfect. We wish the same care was taken by all contractors.

Description of Work
We had the tile work finished and improved in our master bathroom, including a natural stone backsplash around the jacuzzi tub and framing the shower stall doorway. We also had the poor tile work from our previous contractor in our shower stall improved and properly finished with decor strip and carerra marble at the top and threshold.

Category ceramic tile

10/20/2012

Curtis O.

Bob and his crew did an outstanding job on all three projects. The first shed foundation required a lot of front end loading work with the township and Bob helped me navigate the process. All of the jobs required significant travel for Bob and his crew, but they arrived early everyday and worked long into the evening. Bob pays attention to the details and does not cut corners. His rates are competitive and you definitely get what you pay for. I highly recommend using Rock-A-Fellas for your next foundation or shed project.

Description of Work
Rock-A-Fellas have completed three jobs for me to date. Two shed foundations and one split rail fence.

Category excavators, fencing

10/17/2012

Erin C.

We had a shed pad installed for our new shed. Bob really worked to make sure we understood the different types of pads we could get as well as the ground leveling process. He was the only contractor we talked to that put the pad in the ground (excavating some dirt) so that it didn't just sit on top. As an added bonus, he swiped away a patch of really thick ivy that we've been struggling with. When scheduling the pad, he did delay the installation due to weather issues, showing real concern that if we didn't delay at least a day, the installation would be less than the professional level he likes to leave with. I left for the morning to go to work and when I came home, the pad was ready for a shed. Bob shows a concern for his homeowner's well being in all matters and is very knowledgable. I fully recomend him to anyone seeking a similar install, and will consider Rock-a-fella's when ever I have a gravelly/patio/deck need in the future.

Description of Work
18x12 shed pad installed for 16x10 shed. Excavation of dirt to level, install of 4x4's with rebar and 4-6" of gravel.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel

10/12/2012

kenneth P.

In March 2011, a rock pad was laid as a foundation for our large garage being delivered. Excellent work performed. As a result of the impressive, professional job done, we had Rock a Fellas redo our deck in July, 2011. A re-decking took place with Timbertech decking materials with radiance rails. This was not an easy job, but Rock was very helpful in offering important advice and opinions on where to select materials etc. He also took care of ordering the dumpster to haul away debris, a detail which can be overlooked by an overwhelmed customer. He also rectified any concerns/issues with a prompt, professional manner which ultimately led to our great satisfaction when job was completed.

Description of Work
Rock pad installed in March, 2011. Complete re-decking performed with Timbertech materials followed in July, 2011.

Category decks, excavators

09/19/2012

Sabrina K.

We are not satisfied with experience. They came late and it took them a couple of weeks to get the quote done.

Description of Work
We used Rock-A-Fellas Co Inc. for a quote on driveway excavating but we didn't use them. They also gave us a quote for putting a gate and altogether was about $1800.

Category excavators, fencing

I'm sorry that you were not happy with Rock-A-Fellas. We get the majority of our business from referrals and pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. Typically Bob dedicates his entire Saturday to doing estimates. In an effort to accommodate your schedule he agreed to come out on a Friday evening. The reason he was late was because he was building during the day. Although I gave you a rough estimate of his time of arrival I indicated that it was just a guesstimate as I never know what he's going to run into when he starts digging. I indicated that he would call you on his way to your house, which he did. We are a small company and while Bob does all the onsite estimates and actual building, I do the office work and proposals. I was away the week following the estimate and did not have access to my computer files. I know that Bob spoke to you several times over the course of that week discussing materials, etc. Upon my return our phone and dsl service was down. We had intermittent service for several weeks and only got the issue resolved by Verizon last week. The estimate went out to you two weeks after he was onsite. Typically proposals go out the Tuesday following the onsite estimate. I followed up with you two times via email and once via phone since sending out the initial proposal but I never heard back from you. Again, I am sincerely sorry that you were not satisfied with your interaction with us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss.

08/12/2012

Nes Y.

NA

Description of Work
A person called and asked a description of the job with pictures but never heard anything back from him.

07/28/2012

Charlette M.

Can you say amazing job. They effortlessly constructed a 10' x14' stone pad in a backyard that has a large amount of buried bricks and stone from when the home was built. The completed stone pad was definitely professional in appearance; the measurements were as requested, and the grey composite capping, meant to protect the perimeter wood as explained by Bob and although an extra cost, further enhanced the appearance of the pad.The sheduling of the job was very swift, less than a week from the time we first talked during an informative free estimate. Their punctuality was on the money. On the day of the job, they arrived at 9am as scheduled and the whole job was completed including clean-up by a few minutes before noon. Outstanding! Pricing matched the estimate exactly and well worth the quality of work provided. Bob and his staff were professional and courteous at all times. Thank you Bob and crew. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Rock-A-Fellas constructed a 10' X 14' shed pad for a future shed to be built in my backyard.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel, garage builders

07/27/2012

Elizabeth G.

I never was able to set up an appt with these guys but not for lack of trying on my part. The first time they were to come out to give me an estimate was on Sunday at 2:30. I let my tenants know about the time we would be in the apartment. He called to see if he could come out at 4:30. I didn't want to disturb my tenant around dinner time so I asked for another date. We agreed on Wednesday at 2. He called about an hour later to see if he could come later but I was not available at that time. WE agreed on anytime Friday afternoon before he went to the shore. He never showed and never called. Needless to say I would not recommend these guys if I can't get an estimate.

Description of Work
I needed to replace the floor in my tenant's bath and put in a new toilet

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

07/05/2012

Rhonda J.

Don't call anybody else, call Bob and his Crew.

Description of Work
The Rock Man Rocks, Bob and his crew came to home to perform a deck repair that would have taken two days, instead they gave me a whole new deck in 2 days. It's safe, strong and beautiful. My neighbor, who's a tool man, loved the quality and applauded me on my chocie of contractors. Way to go Bob My neighbors are still in the repair mode, and their guy started before Bob and his crew. The Rock Man Rocks.

Category decks

04/11/2012

Margery S.

Very smooth transaction.

Description of Work
I had a shed in the back of my house that was falling down and being occupied with ground hogs. Rock-A-Fellas Co came out and demolished the shed and replaced the foundation for a new shed on the other side of the yard (his best recommendation). This foundation consisted of a rock pad so that the animals wouldn't be able to burrow under the new shed.

02/17/2012

Lois S.

Found Rock-A-Fellas on Angies List and I'm glad I did. Bob examined thoroughly and patiently explained the construction flaws in the carport built in the rear of my home by another contractor back in 2009. Because the original contactor did not follow standard building codes and use proper construction techniques and materials, I was cited by the City of Philadelphia. Bob spoke to the Licenses and Inspections Inspector and tried very hard to figure a way to save the carport. Unfortunately, due to the poor prior construction, demolition was the only option left to me. Bob and his three man crew arrived 30 minutes early and for the next three and a half hours methodically and carefully removed the carport, which included a roof and sides. I was very impressed with their attention to detail such as avoiding damaging the power and cable lines, reassembling the downspout, tying back the power lines after the demolition was over/ After the demolition was over, you couldn't tell there was ever a structure. I hired Rock-A-Fellas to remodel/reconstruct my nephew's bedroom, which had termite and moisture damage. I'm also considering having Bob and his crew do a complete remodel of my kitchen, basement, and a new carport. This was my best experience with a contractor. I give Rock-A-Fellas an A+++++ rating.

Description of Work
Demolition of carport constructed by another contractor in 2009

11/17/2011

John S.

They arrived on the day promised and completed the job in about 5 hours. They did a good job minimizing any damage to my lawn and picked up the work site area before they left. The new base is level and square which will make building the new shed a breeze.

Description of Work
I wanted to remove an existing old poorly constructed shed and build a new larger shed. Rock-a-Fellas came to my house to review what I wanted to do and provided an estimate for the work. They demolished and removed the old shed and build a 14' x 14' level gravel base with four 36" deep 12" concrete piers for the new shed.

Category excavators, hauling services, garage builders

11/05/2011

Claire E.

Once the job was completed, it looked like the fence was never there! We were very impressed with the quality of the work, the price, as well as the ease of doing business with Rock-A-Fellas. We will be using them for some other much needed home projects!

Description of Work
We had a rusty steel fence removed. When I contacted Rock-A-Fellas for a quote, I got a response right away. Bob came out on a Saturday and gave us a price quote the following day. Bob and his team showed up on time on the day scheduled and completed the job in about two hours. They removed and hauled all of the rusty fencing. They also removed all of the posts as well as the concrete. Then they filled all of the holes with dirt.

Category excavators, hauling services

09/09/2011

Margaret V.

He did a marvelous job. He had to do everything by hand because of the rain and the work was fantastic. He was reasonable. I would recommend him to anyone. He did everything said he was going to do. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Description of Work
He did some stone and wood foundation work for a shed.

Category garage builders, foundation repair

06/14/2011

David D.

Great service. Called for an estimate. We both got an estimate from the phone and from the guy coming in person. On the day of the work, everything went great. Even when their job became more complicated due to things they found, it seemed all in a day's work. Great Job. Thank You.

Description of Work
Removal of an old shed from the house we just bought.

08/30/2010

Jonathan H.

Great service. The team was on-site when promised and finished quickly.

Description of Work
Excavated area in backyard and build shed foundation.

Category excavators, hauling services, pavers, gravel

06/10/2009

Alice S.

The ground at the back of my house was a mess after we tore down a shed that probably dated from when my house was built in the late 1800's. I wanted to put in a new shed, but was concerned about what it was going to cost to have the ground prepared and the recommended foundation laid. Bob gave me an estimate that was less than I expected and offered to clean away about 10 years accumulation of debris the area for a nominal extra charge. He explained what he would do and how, and was able to arrange a date to do the work within about 2 weeks. He arrived when he said he would, he and his crew got to work and the job was finished within about 2 hours. He was cheerful and friendly and very easy to work with. He also did a great job, and ended up charging me slightly less than the estimate.

Description of Work
I needed the ground prepared and a foundation laid for a new shed in an area behind my house. Bob leveled the ground where the shed foundation was to go, and graded the rest. He built a frame, which was then filled with stone. He removed branches, old concrete and boulders from the area.

04/26/2008

GREGORY S.

Bob Kyle and his men did the job quickly and professionally. We enjoyed working with him so much that we have hired him to rebuild a masonry wall, install a fence and build a deck.

Description of Work
Rock-a-Fellas put in a pad for a shed foundation using crushed stone and 4x4 pressure-treated lumber.

08/22/2007

SALLIE K.

The work was performed in four or five hours on one day, as scheduled. The workers arrived on time and cleaned up after themselves. The owner supervised the job. Excellent performance!

Description of Work
This company first demolished our old shed, and hauled it away. Then they prepared a foundation for a new shed using pressure-treated wood, rebar and gravel.

Category pavers, gravel