R Chobert Painting & Paperhanging

Founded 1967 • With Angi since February 2006

641 Reed St

Philadelphia, PA 19147

R. Chobert Decorating Co. is a family operation Founded in 1967 and servicing the painting and decorating needs of the center city business and residential community. We still do most of the company business in center city Philadelphia., however we have serviced clients as far away as Norfolk VA Atlantic City NJ or Oyster Bay NY.We are of course fully licensed and insured and are experrienced in every phase of the painting and decorating industry. We are particularly proud of the fact that our sons, the second generation, have taken over the business and continue in the tradition of providing fine quality and excellant service.We are very pleased that our fellow contractors have chosen Michael to preside over this years convention of the Middle Atlantic Conference of the Painting and Decorating Contractors of America. Award winning. Additional DBA - R Chobert Painting...

02/14/2018

BURTON L.

Mr. Chobert came and gave us an estimate of around $3000. We told him that he could do it at slow season and that all the walls were being done in one color. The man who came with a crew of about six, was NOT the same person who gave the estimate and this man disregarded everything we had spoken about including the price, which was now $6000. He was arrogant, gave us no bill and demanded payment on the spot. They ruined my bathtub rinsing out their buckets and I am still find paint where I never expected to. Cleaning the other day, I found my ruined drape tucked so I'd never find it. I told them and they never responded.

Description of Work
We needed our entire condo painted.

Category interior painters

My brother and I run the business together. My brother John looked at your job and sent a proposal for$ 5,715.00. I, Mike, came to your home with 4 or 5 guys. We did exactly what was specified on the proposal for the price on the proposal. John did show up several times during the job, there never seemed to be a problem over the three days we were there. I do not think I was arrogant. We did the work and I, asked not demanded, to be paid without having taken any money prior to being done. To put things in perspective your residence is in a high rise in center city Philadelphia, there is no place to clean up. We did not clean our tools in your tub, we filled buckets with water to put our tools in so they would not dry up. We filled up one time the bucket overfilled, water and paint did get in the tub we came back and cleaned it up, we did not damage the tub. There was paint on everything from the previous painter, I mean it was everywhere, Idon't know how you could blame us when you told me how horrible that experience was. There would be no way to tell the difference, we used the same colors but we do about 300 plus jobs a year and that is not a problem we have. We did send you a receipt or bill when you contacted us to say it never came on an email. As far as the paint on the curtain I can't say we put it there as I said earlier there was paint on everything when we got there. Mike Chobert

06/29/2016

Joey G.

Was scheduled to meet today for an estimate but contractor did not show up or call.

Description of Work
Interior Paint job.

05/02/2016

Brian D.

It was great, I would use them again, and I will use them again. It was a great experience.

Description of Work
They repaired some of our drywall. They plastered and painted and did a really nice job, I would say a great job actually. They did the job very quickly, and I was very pleased. Everybody was extremely professional.

11/21/2014

Rashmi M.

Contacted provider's office on the morning of 11/17/2014. The receptionist was polite and said one of two people would be contacting me to schedule the complimentary estimate. Received a call within a couple hours from a gentleman who was able to come out the very same afternoon. He was punctual, very professional and courteous and it was clear he knew what to do to repair the drywall and do it well. He sent me the estimate via email within a couple hours after leaving my place. He also sent me via email suggestions on a flooring issue (unrelated to his services) just out of kind consideration. Budget is a big concern for us since we have to soon replace our flooring as well so we had to go with a less expensive provider. I would absolutely choose to work with this provider in the future without any hesitation. I am impressed with their courtesy, punctuality, and overall reliability and expect their work to reflect the same level of professionalism.

Description of Work
Provider provided estimate for approximately 2ftx2ft patch of ceiling drywall that needed to be completely repaired as well as painting of entire ceiling of approximately 500 sq ft room.

Category drywall,flooring contractor,interior painters

11/15/2014

Carole G.

His name is John. They are excellent. They repaired some very difficult drywall seams. This condo is about thirty years old and they did some very tricky drywall repair. Their painting was excellent. I just cannot say enough good things about them. They were wonderful. They are expensive, but they are worth it.

Description of Work
We have used R. Chobert. They did all the interior painting, drywall repairs, and actually laid our tounge-and-grove floors for us. They had enough skills in carpentry work that they could do that.

Category drywall,flooring contractor,interior painters

09/15/2014

Juliet W.

The painters showed up promptly at 8:00 am and finished the job in 2 days. John understood how to get good paint coverage with a dark purple color. He did a very nice job. Then he offered to come back and rework a portion of the front as it wasn't to his high standards, though I thought it looked fine. I am impressed with his desire to do a top-notch job.

Description of Work
Chobert Painting painted the exterior of my row house.

Category house painters

08/07/2014

KELLY Z.

Choose another (cheaper) provider.

Description of Work
Quoted me a price for interior painting.

07/24/2014

JAMES M.

We deal with John Chobert and interacted with him and his brother. Everyone was professional and pleasant and stuck to the promised schedule. Indeed they finished earlier than I'd hoped. They performed some incidental carpentry work as well. I'm thoroughly happy with the result.

Description of Work
Repainted all walls, ceilings and trim of 2,000SF condo.

06/16/2014

Claudine K.

The actual mending and painting of the house was well executed. The painters were efficient and considerate . Getting there was difficult. There seemed to be some family dysfunction that we were caught in the middle of. The supervisor on the job believed the estimate , which was provide by another family member was too low . We heard him out and agreed to pay extra. He continued bellyaching about everything including our choice of paint, Benjamin Moore which is stated on their contracts. We caved on that as well just to get on with the process. Hopefully the paint used weathers well. .

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of a standard 3 story brownstone . They also mended windows and doors before painting.

Category house painters

There was some work the client wanted done that was not part of the original scope of work. The way my father wrote it could have led to some confusion or an opening, but it was not included. Our proposals Include Sherwin Williams paint, we thought it was a better paint for the house. We only use the top of the line paint from any manufacturer

06/04/2014

Karen D.

They are excellent. They are very clean and quick. They did the job that we thought would take a few days but they done it in 1 1/2 days. It was really fast. They have good pricing. They are not cheap but you get what you paid for. They have really good service.

Description of Work
R Chobert Painting & Paperhanging done a work on our house twice since we lived here. We had our living room and hallways painted. They also replaced one of our windows.

All Dry Services of Philadelphia and South Jersey

Since All Dry Services opened in 2014, we have dedicated our professional team to assisting homeowners who are dealing with the aftermath of disasters such as water or sewage damage or mold. Time is important to us. We get the job done right the first time all the time; we show up on time and ready to work; we time our services to fit your schedule; and, most important, we understand that your call to us comes at a sensitive time. Because you are stressed by home events, we not only restore your home, but we also treat you with respect and compassion. Our insured technicians pass thorough background checks to ensure the safety of both you and your family. We are fully trained, IICRC certified to inspect your property damage, scope out and complete the water damage and mold contamination work. We make sure that you are completely satisfied with our work. We work with you within your budget for any non-insurance jobs. We provide a 1-year warranty with our service. We deal with both residential and commercial properties. We use EPA registered plant based eco-friendly materials in our job. We are on call 24/7, 365 days a year. Call us today for your FREE inspection and estimate!

Restoration 360 LLC

Restoration 360, IICRC Certified, non-franchised, locally owned and operated water damage, flood damage, sewage cleanup, storm cleanup, basement and wall drying company headquartered at 501 Cambria Ave. Bensalem, PA with multiple locations throughout all of our service areas including New Jersey. Standing behind years of experience in the construction industry, we stand behind our work and go above and beyond to take care of our customers. Our 5 star reviews and work ethics make us stand out from the crowd.

East Coast Restoration LLC

PA031988
    Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General
    07/01/2017
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Interior and exterior house painting, paper removal, faux, decorative finishes, plaster repair, power washing, deck cleaning, maintenance, patch drywall, graffiti removal & minor carpentry.

Let us know what your looking to do and we can tell you if it is something we can do.