Phillips Home Improvement LLC

Founded 1978 • With Angi since May 2011

Established in 1978, Phillips Home Improvement, LLC, a family-owned business, has been helping the community with their home improvement needs for over 30 years. John Garrison, owner, provides customers with the highest quality products and technology standards, which allows John to best help customers customize their home improvement projects. If you are looking for a contractor that has seen and done it all then give us a call today! FOR FRAMING WORK CALL (267) 324-2100...

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

roofing (265)gutter repair (24)decks & porches (24)siding companies (16)window replacement (11)skylight installation (10)door installation (9)plumbers (9)masonry (9)drywall (8)woodworking (7)chimney repair (7)

06/23/2021

Len F.

This contractor, John, was working on a property connected to mine with a joined porch. This is a row house in Philadelphia. John called me after getting my phone number from my tenant that lives there and John informed me that he was doing work next door and while it was "opened up", I should see the damage under my side as well. He was giving me NO pressure and did not need me to do his job but just wanted me to know and see this while I was able. I did, in fact, hire him to do the job on my side as well and was so happy I have now used him 3 more times at other properties I have. Very pleased in every category listed above.

Description of Work
Porch work on a row house in Philadelphia

Category appliance repair, decks

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

Dear Member Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for our company we appreciate your time and your business! Phillips

03/02/2021

Amadee B.

I scheduled an appointment through the secretary for a contractor to come on 2/15/21 but no one showed up for the appointment and I never received alerting me that they would not be coming or as to why they failed to show.

Description of Work
I wanted an estimate for repairing my skylight.

Category appliance repair, skylights

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

Dear member There was an appointment set up Between 9-1 that day do to the weather we were unable to come out! I left you a VM on the number you provided to let you know I also ask for you to call if you wanted to reschedule! As of today I never heard back! Have a great day! PHI

12/28/2020

Natasha G.

The company came out two years ago after I had a leak in my roof coming from a cracked sealed chimney. They offered me a reasonable price and did the repairs plus added a white coating on my entire roof. They came on time and did the work. No issues. However, two years almost exactly there was a leak again in the same place. I contacted them for repairs (straight repairs, not complaining about their work) but was told no one could come out for months, and asked about a warranty on the repairs. No warranty, but was told they'd fix issues for up to a year. Well, I have extensive black mold growing in my ceiling from the leak, so obviously the leak didn't just start. The company stopped answering my calls. Furthermore, upon three other roofers inspections and video proof, the white coating put on is already worn down (you can see obvious black spots on from the actual roof and clearly not even work) and was not originally placed correctly. My dealing with them when the work originally done in 2018 was great, however the ENTIRE job needs to be redone two years later and the customer service in dealing with them now has been terrible regardless of the issues with the actual roof. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair and Roof Coating

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

Dear Member Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company! You had called and left a voicemail asking questions about a warranty! I immediately called you back in which I had to leave a voicemail for you! You had asked about warranties at this time you never mention that we have done work for you you just wanted to know what warranties we offered! At that time I had told you for repairs we do one year warranty for a full replacement we do 15 year warranty! I’m sorry but I never not answered your calls ! Unless I was on another call but always returned your phone calls! After speaking with you and letting you know that there was a year warranty you then had asked if the guys could come out give you an estimate and do the work immediately! At that time we were booked up for two weeks and I explain that to you! I do hope you had your roof fixed And in the future if you need our services please call! Have a great day! PHI

08/29/2020

Niklaus E.

John, Marie, and their team were very professional, responsive, and did high-quality work for our roof. We've had multiple professionals try to fix this leak before, all without success. The proof is in the pudding. After the work by Phillips, we've been completely dry, even with the remains of Hurricane Laura passing over the house this weekend.

Description of Work
Replace Skylight and Flat/Low-Pitch Modified Bitumen Row Home Roof Membrane to Alleviate Recent Roof Leaking

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

Dear Member Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company we appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! Phillips

01/22/2020

Anna N.

Phillips Home Improvement LLC is completely trustworthy. They perform quality work and are very transparent about what needs to be done and how much it will cost. In addition, John is a very pleasant and kind person!

Description of Work
Roof maintenance

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

Dear Member Thank you very much for taking the time to review our company We appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day!

01/21/2020

Eamonn T.

Phillips was brought in by my fiberglass contractor to perform the construction for my new fiberglass roof deck. This involved demo of existing wood deck and roof, building new walk-on deck surface with appropriate sloping, building parapet walls, reflashing and replacing door, and prepping for fiberglass application. I subsequently hired them to lay down and coat a new traditional flat roof on another roof section on my house. Great work was done in both jobs, and John and his team were very professional and attentive throughout the process. Phillips also worked very closely and effectively in collaboration with my fiberglass contractor, which made a complicated job much easier to manage. I would definitely consider Phillips for future projects!

Description of Work
Construction needed to prepare for fiberglass roof deck application on second floor flat roof, as well as new traditional roof and coating on third floor flat roof.

Category decks, roofing, doors

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

Dear Member Thank you very much for writing a review for our company We appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! Phillips

01/06/2020

Joshua S.

Excellent. John is very patient and professional, worked with us to nail down exactly what we needed to do and how we could do it. His wasn't the lowest bid I got but he and his team got the work done well and efficiently. I will hire him again when we need work done in the future.

Description of Work
Roofing, gutters, siding removal and replacement, and storm window installation.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/20/2019

Dear member Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company we appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! Happy and healthy new year! PHI

12/05/2019

Stacey J.

I had been searching for a contractor to replace my porch roof since February 2019. Either they would never come out to look at it or they would come and then never respond with an estimate. I was at my wits end and ready to give up when I decided to call one more contractor and that was John at Phillip's Home Improvement. He came out the next day and I had a competitive quote that evening. He got started within 3 weeks and was very prompt, his crew were professional and that cleaned up everyday. The job ended up being more extensive in that all of the rafters were rotted and needed to be replaced and John worked diligently to keep costs down and still finished before expected. If you need work done, John is the first one to call and skip the hassle of chasing down contractors.

Description of Work
I had my porch roof replaced

Category roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

Dear Member Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to review our company! We appreciate your business! Phillips

11/29/2019

Donna D.

This is a family home - 90 years and counting beginning with my great grandparents. There is a lot of work to be done there but of primary importance was getting a new roof. Angie's List / Home Advisor and I am relieved at my decision to use them. John Garrison and his team at PHI made it easy. They communicated by phone, text and email; scheduled and sent me an estimate; picked and agreed to a date in the next week; arrived on time and finished in a day. I received before and after pictures (boy did I need a roof) and was sent a receipt for a new rubber roof guaranteed for 15 years. The crew even removed an old satellite dish and took it off the property. I was hoping for a mild winter with little snow/rain before this roof work. Of course, time and the elements will tell; but now I say, let it snow!

Description of Work
Full Main Roofing Project

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Dear Member Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate your time and your business!! Have a great day! P H I

09/28/2019

Jason D.

Excellent. Arrived as scheduled and performed work quickly. Since it was roof work, a picture was emailed to me of the completed work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Roof maintenance and coating

Work Completed On 09/28/2019

Review for Phillips Home Improvement LLC - 2528 Orthodox St, Philadelphia, PA - 38139281

Dear Member Thank you very much for your kind words as well as your business! Our company appreciate your business! Have a great day! Phillips

05/04/2019

Edward D.

Took 2 messages to get someone to set up an appointment to come out & look at porch. Looked at porch & said they would send me an estimate. Never received estimate. Then two days after someone came to look at porch received a call saying they would need to reschedule looking at the porch due to rain. explained someone had already looked at porch & was waiting for estimate.caller seemed confused. evidently communication is not great & contractor is not looking for additional projects since I never received an estimate. went with someone else from home advisors who wants the job

Description of Work
repair/replace front wood porch

Category decks

Dear Member Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We appreciate Your time! Yes we had to cancel the first appointment do to the weather! We gave you a day notice! I'm sorry you didn't receive our proposal that was sent over to your email address you provide it ! Have a great day! Phillips

05/04/2019

Jeff T.

John and his team did an excellent job! The professionalism and courtesy john and his team display made an extremely stressful situation less stressful. John was onsite everyday and communicated to me any unexpected or additional work needed. This is my first house and my first experience hiring a contractor and I have to say John and his team made the experience a very positive one. John, Thank you ! and your team again for a job well done. I look forward to using you guys again.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category decks, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/23/2019

Dear Member Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We appreciate your time and your business! Have a wonderful day! Phillips

04/26/2019

Steven L.

From quoting process to job completion, dealing with Philips is professional and stress-free. They show up when they say they will, do the work according to the specs, clean up when finished and the final invoice matches the estimate. What more could you ask for? They are my go-to roofer for my properties!

Description of Work
Replacement of sheathing and shingles

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

Review for Phillips Home Improvement LLC - 2528 Orthodox St, Philadelphia, PA - 37854188

Dear Member Thank you for taking the time on writing a review for our company! We appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! Phillips

04/06/2019

Rachel M.

We had a wonderful experience working with John and his crew. We had an existing roof deck and hatch, and had trouble finding someone to replace both the roof and the deck - most companies were only willing do do one or the other, but wouldn't guarantee the work. John replaced the main roof and too lower roofs in a day, and then built out the deck in three days. He provided excellent recommendations for a study industrial hatch, and despite a miscommunication regarding the price of the hatch, split the difference. The deck looks wonderful and is here just in time for summer!

Description of Work
Roof and Roof Deck

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 04/03/2019

Review for Phillips Home Improvement LLC - 2528 Orthodox St, Philadelphia, PA - 37805024

Dear Member Thank you very much for your kind words! We appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! Phillips

03/18/2019

Daniel S.

Excellent work quality, honesty and responsiveness. Replaced a leaky pilot-house door with a new one with all metal flashing replacing a rotting wood frame. Sanded and recoated a fiberglass roof. We were having work done while living elsewhere which is always a worry but Phillips made it easy. They came when they were supposed to, kept us updated with daily calls and pictures and the quality of work was excellent. Would absolutely use again.

Description of Work
Flat roof gel coat, replaced exterior door and window

Category roofing, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

Dear Member Thank you very much for your kind words! We appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! P H I

02/14/2019

Tamika A.

Everything went well once we got in touch with one another. I have a hectic work schedule. PHI arrived on time took before and after pictures. My roof issue was resolved. I had a good experience with them.

Description of Work
my roof was leaking all on one side of the house. PHI coated the roof as well as repair the chimney.

Dear Member Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! P H I

02/07/2019

Benjamin P.

this company is the best,I had a leaking 3yr old new roof .The original roofer didn't honor the warranty,of 12yrs. I was in very serious finance position,and needed help with my roof.After many calls to different roofers, Phillips saved us.repaired entire roof,pro-Bono I can't rave enough about this company.simply put AAA company I'am 80 yrs old who needed help and they did

Description of Work
leaking roof

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

Dear Member Thank you very much for your kind words! Our company greatly appreciate your time! We were very happy to be able to help great people like yourself! Have a great day! P H I

02/01/2019

Lindsay B.

The work done was exceptional! Wonderful customer service. I will be hiring again for electrical work and I would recommend Phillips to anyone needing roofing or any other home improvement. A+++ all the way.

Description of Work
Roofing, new joist on screened in porch, flooring in screened in porch

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

Dear Member Thank you very much for your kinds words! We appreciate your time and your business! Have a great day! P H I

01/31/2019

Marlene P.

Excellent work...John Garrison the ownerof the company, arrived as scedulled on time and put on protective slippers over his shoes as he entered. He check the ceiling to determine where the leaks were located, he examined the roof and returned with an invoice including a picture showing the repairs needed. Excellant Work and Service.

Description of Work
roof repair

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

01/29/2019

Christa B.

In Nov 2018 Phillips Home Improvement came out to do a free estimate, identified the problem and performed the work. There was still some water coming in so they came back out at no extra charge to correct the issue fully. Then with all the excessive rain and wind we had been having, another part of my roof was leaking into the basement. They came out within a day or so of me calling and asking for an estimate. PHI was able to fit me in days later after approval of the proposal and completed the work. Awaiting the next rain to see if the work. Fingers crossed. Marie was also great to deal with, she always returned calls timely and was helpful providing when they workers would be out.

Description of Work
Roof work to stop water intrusion

Work Completed On 01/29/2019

Dear Member Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We appreciate your time and your business! P H I

01/28/2019

Melissa L.

The team was AMAZING!! My roof was leaking in 5 different areas after the nor’easter in October. As a firs time homeowner, I was so overwhelmed! I called 4 different contractors, 4 free estimates, and choose Phillips Home Improvement because the were friendly, fast, and thoughtful!! The team came out the next day and the repairs done in less than an hour!! I am thrilled with them! They were so kind and followed up to see how things were going. I would recommend them to all my friends/family.

Description of Work
Emergency roof repair during nor’easter.

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

01/17/2019

Chris S.

Did not go with estimate provided but they were quick and very helpful.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding

Category picture framing, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/17/2019