MCG Construction Inc.

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2013

Family owned and operated business. Specializing in structural repairs and all water remediation....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+18 more images

structural engineering (23)roofing (16)foundation repair (10)window replacement (10)concrete repair (9)interior painting (8)basement waterproofing (7)door installation (6)stucco (6)masonry (6)gutter repair (5)hardscaping (3)

04/30/2021

Troy M.

Work went great. Mark and team (especially Geno) were very good at their jobs, took time to ensure the quality was there, and always gave us different options before moving ahead with any changes in scope. Given they found, while replacing a roofdeck, that the back wall of our house had extensive termite & water damage, their forthright approach, genuine concern for us as homeowners, and impeccable professionalism were huge positives of the experience.

Description of Work
Deck replacement, then wall replacement and sundry related updates

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, stucco, doors

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

09/19/2020

Rachel F.

They reviewed the work with a structural engineer and preformed the work specified. The engineer returned to review the work and was very impressed and happy with the work performed. Very thorough and experienced with what materials and specifications were required. They prepared the site and we didnt need to do much to prepare for the work. They were friendly, clean, and they made the work look really great. At the end of each day I wish there was more communication about what was done and what they would do next. Otherwise the crew was great.

Description of Work
Structural Work

Category concrete repair, structural engineer

Work Completed On 09/19/2020

09/17/2020

Tracey P.

MCG showed up on time and completed both projects beyond my expectations. I was a bit nervous having bricks and marble removed but was quickly put at ease by the courteous professional crew that completed the work. Their expertise was evident. Once done, the crew then cleaned the inside of the house. Much of the work was on the exterior so this was a pleasant surprise. Mark runs a tight ship and is quick to communicate. No message every goes unanswered.

Description of Work
MCG replaced the lintels around the doors and windows that were rusted. They also removed a 15x20 marble, brick and concrete deck that was sinking.

Category masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

05/22/2020

Adam W.

Mark and his team handled the job professionally, responsibly, and quickly. My South Philly rowhome needed star bolts to mitigate a bow in the brick facade, as well as cem-tie anchors and parging as recommended by a structural engineer. Mark was responsive through the process and scheduled the work quickly after visiting the house. His team performed the work just as the structural engineer had recommended and did so quickly and professionally. I was very pleased with the work and would absolutely hire again and recommend.

Description of Work
Structural work on brick facade, including star bolt installation

Category structural engineer

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

Review for MCG Construction Inc. - 5609 Sprague St, Philadelphia, PA - 38585468

12/23/2019

Christine C.

I had a wonderful experience working with MCG Construction. The owner was easy to work with, friendly, and available. The men who did the work did an amazing job and really took the time to do everything correctly, as well as getting my input during the process to ensure my satisfaction. They also thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day. The end result looks fantastic.

Description of Work
Brick work, masonry, drywall, electric

Category masonry, remodeling

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

12/17/2019

Dylan T.

Mark's team was very thorough and helpful. They diagnosed what was wrong with our house (previous renovations that had damaged and overburdened the structure), came up with a plan to fix it, and did so in a very timely manner. I then brought them back to repair my alleyway where rain had eroded the concrete and was leaking into my basement. Again, they did excellent and timely work, leaving everything better than when they found it. I can't recommend Mark enough, and will certainly use him again for future repair and renovation projects.

Description of Work
Inspect and repair structural issues and basement leaks

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, basement waterproofing, structural engineer

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

12/17/2019

Autumn K.

I couldn’t have asked for a more professional and knowledgeable group of gentlemen. They were punctual and respectful. The massive project was completed by the deadline that was mutually agreed upon. I would highly recommend MCG Construction and would hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Structural work

Category concrete repair, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

09/12/2019

Eliza M.

Mark and his team are professional, skilled and trustworthy! They showed up on the scheduled date and completed the job well. I highly recommend MGC!! I've worked with Mark in the past on larger projects too and take great comfort in his building expertise. Best of the best contracting! Call Mark.

Description of Work
Exterior wood trim replacement

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

05/31/2019

Hannah Z.

There were some scheduling hiccups, but otherwise everything was terrific. The folks doing the work were conscientious and did a really great job. The pricing was fair, I was given clear information and options, communication was responsive and clear most of the time. Overal, MCG was a great company to work with.

Description of Work
New siding, gutter, partial roof

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

05/31/2019

Mike G.

Good work, professional and clean during and when work was completed.

Description of Work
New flooring and shower replacement

Category remodeling, replacement windows, structural engineer

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

05/29/2019

Emily H.

Mark and his team were amazing during our stucco repair- we needed the back half of our house basically rebuilt following faulty stucco. They were courteous, friendly, tidied the worksite every night and the project was actually finished when Mark had predicted. He was patient and walked us through everything with options. Mark was always available during and after the project for questions. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Stucco removal, studs replaced, windows replaced, basement waterproofing, patio work, roofing, siding, painting

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, structural engineer, stucco, interior painters, doors, foundation repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

05/11/2019

Philip C.

Over the last six years we have hired MCG for multiple projects and they have always done great work for us. In spring of 2013 we discovered that our nearly new construction house had extensive water damage from bad roofing and stucco installation. By the end of that year we had replaced the roof deck, the rear and side stucco walls, remodeled the master bathroom, installed a walk-in closet for the bedroom, repaired two floors worth of interior water damage, and had our first leak-free winter. Since then we have hired them for a few smaller projects including replacement of the sidewalk outside the house. Most recently, we hired MCG to fix two more sections of the original exterior: a section of roof covering the stairway to our deck and the stucco on the bump-out at the front of the house (the attached picture shows the new stucco which has just been finished). As well as doing quality work, the MCG crew have been great to work with. They make the effort to minimize dust and dirt, and clean up daily. I have recommended them to several friends and neighbors and will definitely continue to do so.

Description of Work
Latest projects: install roofing, new stucco

Category concrete repair, remodeling, roofing, structural engineer, stucco

Work Completed On 05/11/2019

Review for MCG Construction Inc. - 5609 Sprague St, Philadelphia, PA - 37870624

05/06/2019

John E.

Mark provided a fair estimate for the work. His crew finished the work in 2 days and scheduling was easy. There were a couple of issues (gap in the door and gate access) that were addressed completely and quickly. I definitely plan on hiring them again.

Description of Work
Storm door, back gate, deck door

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

04/17/2019

David W.

Mark and the MCG crew are reliable, timely, and effective at what they do. I value Mark's judgment and trust MCG's work. I would (and have) recommended them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Roof, deck, drywall repair

Category roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

04/15/2019

Tyler D.

I hired MCG for one of my rental properties that had a leak from an old stucco wall, a window and faulty drain boxes. Their staff was always on time, friendly , and was very helpful as I could not be around to check much as my mother had unexpectedly become very ill in the hospital. With that said, I only had to come check once and they handled everything for me, even did a paint match for the wall so it would match perfectly. Great service .

Description of Work
Stucco wall, new window, new gutter boxes

Category gutter repair, masonry, replacement windows, structural engineer, stucco, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

Review for MCG Construction Inc. - 5609 Sprague St, Philadelphia, PA - 37820644

03/27/2019

Kristen W.

Beautifully, as always. The guys are in and out, you would hardly notice they are there. I always tell them they can walk through the house but they go around outside, and this project required some inside work and they swept and wept the stairs and floors every day so they weren't leaving a mess. Mark gives a detailed quote and realistic timeline, and sticks to it! He always lets me know if something is going to take longer because of rain, or if something I asked for is expensive and gives me options. I recommend him to everyone I know!

Description of Work
I needed the door to my roof deck (which MCG also did!) replaced and a new one installed correctly, and a 12 sqft landing of hardwood removed and replaced with tile.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, structural engineer, stucco, doors

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

03/27/2019

Alissa W.

Great! Mark is responsive and helpful, his team is excellent, they get the work done promptly and efficiently and are so nice. And the final product always looks great!

Description of Work
Star bolts installed, fixtures installed, water proofing exposed brick, other

Category structural engineer

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

02/18/2019

Mitchell C.

Mark's crew was on-time, on-budget did great work and were the cleanest crew I have ever worked with. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Structural reinforcement of the home with multiple steel posts in the basement

Category concrete repair, structural engineer

Work Completed On 02/18/2019

01/11/2019

Tina Z.

Mark solves our roof problems stemming back 15 years or more! We had several roofers over the years, spending a ton of money only to have the leaks again and again. Mark diagnosed our problems in 5 minutes. Since his work has been done, we had several major rain storms and our roof runs the water off and the puddles are gone!! We would hire him 100%!!! He offers many other services as well. Not to mention, Marks guys are courteous and professional and they clean clean clean!

Description of Work
Roof repairs, chimney repointing

Category masonry, roofing, structural engineer

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you and your husband. We are happy you are satisfied with our work and appreciate your business. Thanks for a great review!

09/05/2018

Nicole M.

Mark and his team are extremely knowledgeable and are experts at what they do! We would use them again and again for all our projects.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofed

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

04/26/2018

Michael H.

Excellent quality, on time completion and on budget. Best contractor experience I’ve had in 20 years

Description of Work
Roof repair and internal construction

Category concrete repair, remodeling, roofing, structural engineer

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

04/16/2018

Jen W.

Mark and his team were referred to me by my structural engineer. I live out of state and decided to put my home on the market (previously it had been a rental). In order to do that, though, we needed to complete significant repairs to the foundation, stucco, etc, and had to do so quickly if we wanted to get the home live for the spring market. Mark and his guys met the aggressive timeline (despite the fact that we had ridiculous snow storms in March and April this year!!) that we agreed on and came in on budget. AND - since I live out of state, he sent me routine updates with pictures. I cannot recommend him enough!!!

Description of Work
Substantial house renovation in a short timeframe!

Category concrete repair, remodeling, structural engineer, stucco, interior painters, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

12/24/2017

susan K.

crew arrived timely, did the work beautifully. basement has less light (as expected) and more dry (as desired).

Description of Work
basement window well had failed; other contractors had not seen this as the source of the need to constantly re-parge the basement walls. needed the well filled and glass block installed.

Category concrete repair, masonry, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, structural engineer