GETZ HARDWOOD FLOORS

Founded 1995 • With Angi since May 2004

3.8

Getz Hardwood Flooring employs experts to repair, restore and refinish your existing wood flooring, or install new wood floors. Free quotes are available upon request through our website....

Good Steward Cleaning Service

GOOD STEWARD Cleaning Services LLC, is a Family Owned Business. We Pride ourselves in Residential, Vacation Homes, Commercial Businesses, Professional and Medical Offices, Federal Government Facility Professional Cleaning Services. Over 20 years of Experience in Hospital Environmental and Customer Service. We Dedicated in our Customer's Satisfaction being Guaranteed, Where we won’t leave until the job is Done. Our Motto is Ask at your Request GOOD STEWARD Services IT! for you. ATTENTION! DUE to the seriousness of the COVID-19 Outbreak GOOD STEWARD CLIENTS and STAFF are very important us, It is why we honor the CDC and WHO regulation guidelines to our most very specific cleaning method. GOOD STEWARD Cleaning Services Staff have had 0% ZERO PERCENT Staff to contract the virus NOT ONE STAFF MEMBER TESTED POSITIVE and WE are a FULLY COVID-19 VACCINATED COMPANY We believe in lives being SAFE! Call US TODAY at (215) 303-9839 or CLICK to Schedule a Free Walk-Through Estimate at your home or business. We also offer Virtual Estimates via ZOOM or FACETIME! We accommodate ALL services request for one time, weekly, Bi-Weekly Monthly, Yearly Contracts Cleaning Services

Offers by Good Steward Cleaning Service on Angi
SRL Tile Works

I specialize in all aspects of tile and marble installs. Glass tile,marble,porcelain,ceramics and all types of stone. I will walk the customer through each step and come up with the most fair price possible. With SRL there are no second or third parties involved which allows for top quality work at the best price.

Andrew's Flooring

With over 20 years of experience, our mission is to give you the floor you are looking for. We provide the highest quality craftsmanship at a reasonable cost. Our owner is on site at every project to ensure each one gets the attention to detail that it deserves. Call us today for your free estimate and let us transform your floors (215) 429-5158.

05/18/2015

Susan G.

They arrived earlier than estimated on the first day of work and were very friendly. We stayed at a friend's house while the work was being done and they texted us pictures when they ran into issues with the old floor (water stains) and asked us if we wanted to replace damaged boards. They then texted us to meet when the work was done. The floors now look great! So happy to be rid of that old carpet; they even hauled it away for us. Only complaint I have is a lot of dust ended up in our basement, must have settled through the floor boards. Otherwise very communicative and got the work done for a great price.

Description of Work
Removed all of the carpets in our living room, dining room, stairs and upstairs hallway.

09/06/2014

Richard T.

They were very fair in price (we had 3 estimates) and they were very friendly and professional. Did the service quickly after the estimate (which was not a small feat, since most providers were telling us it could take a month or more to get to the job) and they travelled a good distance to get to us (they are closer to Phila and we are in middle of Bucks). The floors look amazing. They had suggested a different stain than we originally picked, and they were SO right. The floors had exactly the look we were after (rustic). Sent a few competent young men to do the job, who were all very courteous and efficient. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Refinished entire first floor (about 1000 sq ft) and then lightly sanded and poly on two additional floors (total 2400 sq ft)

09/01/2014

mark R.

Getz totally knocked it out of the park. The floors look fantastic. They did a thorough clean up. I get compliments all the time on the floors.

Description of Work
Refinished my living room and dining room. I did the prep work by removing the old carpet and nails.

03/05/2014

Joel K.

They were very prompt and professional. I would recommend to others.

Description of Work
I used this company for refurnishing my hardwood.

05/21/2013

Pat K.

They were fantastic!! Neat as a pin; cleaned up every night before leaving, removed all furniture and replaced it when the floors were completed. They were on time everyday and left no mess whatsoever inside or outside of my home. I would highly recommend them if you are considering hardwood flooring. You will not be disappointed with their high quality of service.

Description of Work
Removed all carpet and padding from downstairs of home which includes a very large family room, kitchenette area, and bedroom. Also, they replaced my steps going down to the Rec Room and converted them to hardwood which I absolutely love, love, love.

05/12/2013

mark R.

Totally easy process. completely recommend.

Description of Work
Getz re-sanded and put 2 coats of polyurethane on floor previously covered by carpet for 20 years. I did the prep workfrom removing the carpet and pulling the tacks. The floor looked quite bad. 2 days later, the floor look drop dead beautiful. did a very nice cleanup. Totally shocked at the negative reviews also.

02/13/2011

Doreen E.

I was referred to Getz Hardwood by a family friend who highly recommended them. I have to say that I am surprised to see negative reviews of this company because my experience was the exact opposite. Frank, the owner was always pleasant to deal with and his prices fell in line with two other quotes I had received. His team were always on time and cleaned up after their mess each day, which I appreciated. I know dust can be a problem when sanding is involved, but they were able to confine most of it to the room having work done. If I had any complaint about the company, it would be three stain spots (tiny ones) that I found on one of the baseboards. They did an awesome job and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Sanding and refinishing of approx 650 sq ft old oak flooring in our two bedrooms, living room and dining room. Our hallway and stairs were carpeted, so my husband and I ripped up our old carpets in the rooms to be refinished, removing most tacks and nails. Getz's team started the job and puttied nail holes that we left, hung plastic to confine the dust, and cleaned up after each days work. They did a great job and I would hire them for work in the future.

12/12/2010

Fallya P.

I met with Frank Getz, the business owner, at the end of August at my house and showed him the floors that needed refinishing and repair pointing out the floors that were original to the house (circa 1865) and explaining that I wanted the floors to be repaired in the best professional way possible. He said that they were used to dealing with antique floors and that he would be very happy to help me and that he would do the work in person. He did sent me a first quote on August 30 and we negotiated and agreed on a price on September 7 ($7,500) with the work scheduled to begin a little over a month later, on October 18, 2010. I confirmed twice with Frank the date the work would begin as I was scheduling an overseas trip to be present during the quoted time frame (7 to 10 days). Frank arrived with two technicians, Mike and Joe, and said that they would take care of my house and that he needed to go on another business. I was not very happy about that since I thought that he would be doing the work himself from what I was told during our initial meeting. I decided nevertheless to go along with the new situation. Frank Getz asked me for a first check and I have him $3500 representing a little under the half of the overall agreed fee. Mike and Joe brought their equipment in the house and started work at about 11 am on the 18th. They also asked for a key to the house as they were planning to arrive very early in the morning and I loaned them one. On the first day, they said that they had to leave early to finish some other job so they left at 2 pm. The next day, Tuesday, they arrived at 10 am reportedly because of accidents or I95. They advised me that they would not be coming in on Wednesday because they needed to go to a funeral. They finally returned to work on Thursday and Friday even though they left quite early. They said that they would be coming back on Saturday, October 23, at around 12 noon. I went to the house and waited on Saturday afternoon but nobody showed up. My check was cashed on October 22. Feeling uncomfortable with their behavior, I sent an email to Frank Getz on Sunday, October 24 expressing my worries that we would be running out of time as the work needed to be completed, as originally agreed, by the 29th of October. I received no response back. On Monday morning, October 25, I arrived at the house a little late at 10 am and what I found distressed me tremendously. No workers on the premises, all their equipment gone and the floors left semi sanded and wood dust everywhere. No message (either a voice mail, email or written note) left to alert me of their absence. I started getting frantic and called both the office and cell phone of Frank Getz about 10 times leaving a couple of messages and asking him to call me back ASAP to let me know what is happening. I finally managed to get Frank on the phone two hours later when I tried to call again. He said that he had just written an email to me (received at 12:06 pm) and that he preferred to discontinue our working relationship since they were having bad vibes from the beginning. Asking him to qualify the "bad vibes" quote, he said that Mike felt that they would not be able to satisfy me and that they did not want not to be paid if I did not like their work so they preferred to stop. When I asked him why he would not call to talk to me prior to taking off with my key like thieves, he repeated the above. And when I asked him if he thought that it was a professional behavior to disappear when I was not present with their equipment and my home key after cashing in my check, he responded that it was and that this was the best way and that he intended to send my money back from his own account. When I asked him when he would be sending the money back, he said on Tuesday so that I get it by Wednesday and have the time to deposit the check before I depart for my trip on Friday the 29th. When I asked again about my key, he said that he would talk with Mike about this and that he would report back. When I went online to see the email he mentioned during our telephone conversation, I found a different version of the story as Frank was to sent me back my money but not I full, since he would subtract an amount for time and material. I wrote back to him saying that this was not what he had told me over the phone and that it would be unacceptable since he abandoned the premises in a mess without even finishing the sanding and the cleaning and that he should be returning the full amount back to me. I finally received an envelope with a $2,000 check 4 days later and my key without any explanation for the money that was withheld. I immediately called the BBB of Philadelphia and filed a complaint; I did the same with the Bureau of Consumer Protection. This horrid experience delayed my move into my home, resulted in leaving the floors fragile for a long time and increased the overall cost of the work since all other hardwood flooring specialists that I got quotes from afterwards did not give me any credit for the work(!) already done by the Getz crew considering it as nil and stating that it needed to be redone.

Description of Work
Score of the job: Antique hardwood floor repair, sanding, staining and refinishing. Job done by Getz: partly sanding (no details and not everywhere) the floors. He decided to retain $1,500 for this work without any agreement from or discussion with me.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,floor cleaning

05/15/2010

PAT P.

The guy did the first bed room and it went well. They were here for 1.5 days. The sanded, sealed, and applied 2 coats of polyurethane. When he was about to complete the second bedroom I asked would my estimate be continue to be honored. He confirmed it would. They said this time it would only take 1 day, instead of 1.5. When I asked why less time, he stated he would only apply a sealer and 1 coat of polyurethane to the second room. I then fired him, and told him not to return. He had a very unprofessional attitude.

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floors

01/15/2008

Ken H.

Worst experience I've ever had with a contractor. The foreman was friendly and believable but workmanship was sub-standard. Subfloor was installed incorrectly (verified by The Wood Flooring Manufacturers Association and the Hardwood Manufacturers Association). The moisture barrier was inadequate (rosin paper only without mastic) and put in the wrong place (under the bamboo planks instead of underneath the subfloor so moisture will now affect the subfloor in time)! The plywood was installed parallel to the planks instead of perpendicular. A portion of the job was on top of a concrete slab, which was not properly prepared, so the new floor creaks. Half the floor has gaps (some very wide) between the bamboo planks, several left cracked, split and several bubbled up on the sides from poor nail gun usage. Each threshold was also nailed, not glued, so each one split and broken. Non-matching filler was also used throughout the job. I plan to have the floor re-done. DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Installation of approximately 300 sq ft of subfloor and bamboo floor.

Category hardwood floor

Hardwood floor refinishing, staining, sanding, repairing, installation and restoration

Tile floors