We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Bellhop

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2014

230 S BROAD ST

Philadelphia, PA 19102

Bellhop is the modern alternative to traditional moving companies in Philadelphia. We connect you with friendly, background-checked drivers and movers in Philadelphia to help you or your business move from one place to another. Bellhop offers the moving services you need: loading, unloading, arranging items or furniture, and more. Bellhop has completed more than 300K moves and averages a 4.8 star rating—we got you ...

07/15/2021

Daniel I.

This moving company is a complete disaster. We can start with Bellhop attempting to reschedule my appointment a week before the move, that had been scheduled weeks out, without giving me an option to keep my original date and time. After I reached out and said that changing the date was not an option, I was informed that Bellhop had found other movers to take over the appointment. Fast forward to the appointment date (July 10th at 9am). I waited for close to 30 minutes for anyone to arrive. The first person to show was the driver who told me he could not get ahold of their "Team Leader". At this point I had called Bellhop HQ and was speaking to Support Chat. Eventually another mover arrived and was saying the same thing that he could not get ahold of the TL. This mover had informed me that he could get another guy down to help, since he had started with Bellhop the day before. The time is around 10am at this point. The Team Leader eventually called me and said that "the job was assigned to him at 3am" that morning... which makes me think think company completely dropped the ball with locating a team for my appointment even though you confirmed with me that we were good to go earlier that week. Eventually the other mover arrived which I thought would help speed up the process, but that was not the case. The driver kept leaving the truck, the movers were taking way too long organizing the items in the truck, to the point where I ended up moving majority of our items myself, they barely wrapped anything, my mattress and boxspring were just slid through the hallway so the mattress cover was completely ruined. At one point the local trash-truck came through to pickup trash on our street and the moving crew stopped to throw trash in the trash-truck, then back to moving my stuff. At this point its around 1:30pm and the truck is finally packed up. Right as we were getting ready to leave, the truck pulled out from behind my car so we could follow them, and the driver side-swiped my car.I am beyond furious at this point and just want the job to be over. We arrive to the final destination and I work with my father to unload the truck because I could no longer trust the crew with handling my stuff with care. A number of our items were dented/scratched and the overall handling was awful. Nothing about this job was professional. The movers also made it clear that they only get paid "$15/hour" and that we shouldn't use Bellhop because of how unorganized it is and to hire them directly...hah. To end, Bellhop tried to charge me just $1397.35 and after calling to complain, they only deducted the move to $628.XX. If done properly, this move should only have taken 2 hours, instead it took over 5.5 hours. I can wholeheartedly say that I will never use/recommend Bellhop for any services again.

Description of Work
Move from a 1 BR Apartment

09/07/2020

Erin D.

I want to be very clear, that the actual movers were lovely gentleman who made my transition as low stress as possible, however, every other Bellhop employee from the customer care service, to the operations team, and the supervisors are extremely unprofessional, unresponsive, and frankly dim witted and ignorant. Instead of the employees and administrators being so focused on snatching money out of people’s accounts for the sake of making a commission, they need to worry about why they don’t have enough drivers to one, cover a shift and two, have backups for the original drivers who call out “sick” 10 minutes before my moving appointment. They also need to worry about why they tax their movers’ tips; news flash, to all the Bellhop workers that get to sit on their cushy couches, work from home, and don’t use their brains or common sense, let the movers who do the heavy lifting and their jobs keep their tips. I had the absolute worse experience with Bellhop and will never recommend the company to anyone! When I first booked my appointment with customer care, I spoke with Grant who confirmed my 8 am appointment, but when I checked my dashboard it was scheduled for 2 pm instead; after speaking with various customer care workers and supervisors, I was told that the system could no longer book anymore 8 am appointments and that’s why I was moved to 2 pm; ok fine, but why didn’t Grant do his job and follow-up with me to notify me of the systems change? Then when the date of my move arrives, I was notified 10 mins before the crew were to arrive that the original driver was “sick” and the best Bellhop could do was move my appointment for 3 days later. No one cared that I had to make last minute arrangements on where to stay for the next 3 days because Bellhop dropped the ball-this is where that tip about hiring more drivers comes in handy. A week after moving, I was notified that a package (which contains important cpap supplies for my mother to breathe easily when she sleeps) was accidentally left on the truck, and that the customer care team would figure out the best way for me to get my package. A week after that, I had to call Bellhop back because I did not receive contact from anybody with further updates on my package; after speaking with a supervisor I was informed that an employee would drop the package off at my doorstep. The employee texted stating he would be at my home soon to drop it off, 2 hours after that initial text the employee never responds, and so I call a supervisor; the supervisor insists that the employee is on their way with the package. 2 days after that, still no package, the employee isn't answering any calls or texts and so I call a supervisor and was told that I could go to the 230 S Broad St. location to pick it up. Fast forward to Sept. 6th, 2020, I stand in the lobby of 230 S. Broad St for 2 hours on hold with various customer care representatives and supervisors, and NO ONE knows what floor the company is on; nor do they know how I am going to get my package. A supervisor told me that my package was sent to another customer's home, in the middle of a deadly pandemic my mother's necessary sleep supplies are in someone else's home, and Bellhop STILL doesn't know how I'll get them back. Bellhop is taking no responsibility for their wrongful actions, and my mother has had to pay for emergency supplies to help her breathe throughout the night. This is not how a company should operate, and in addition to my package being delivered, I want Bellhop to receive consequences for their actions. Please do not ever book with Bellhop and take your hard earned money, patience, time, and sanity elsewhere; literally any other moving company is better. On top, of all this the supervisors don’t even care that they were the reason for all my headaches and inconveniences on the day of the move; they caused it all and have no solution in how to fix their own mistakes. Bellhop is just another company that only cares about taking people’s money, not providing quality service, and again, I urge everyone who thinks about using this company to take their money to a company that will actually provide a quality service and peace of mind during their move.

Description of Work
Moving including assembly of furniture

08/27/2020

Dana H.

moving 3 bedroom apartment

Description of Work
I experienced good customer service. The reservation process went smooth except for some minor discrepancies that were not discovered until moving day. The main one being that a smaller truck was sent other than the standard 26’ truck that is mentioned in the company’s FAQ section on their website. But after contacting the company’s customer care department, my final bill was adjusted for the extra trip that was needed due to the smaller truck. And for that reason I would use them again. Next time I would definite verify the truck size ahead of time. Also, I couldn’t complain about the actual guys who did the work. They made moving day so much easier.

01/07/2020

Bailey W.

It was really great. The movers communicated effectively and don it in a timely mannered. I didn't had any headache on the service.

Description of Work
They did moving - moved some furniture to another place.

Connie Z.

Reliable, fast, and considerate professional crew. Will hire again!

Description of Work
Moving

Scott C.

Excellent service. Came on time, were very careful, and considerate. Great experience

Description of Work
Moving/Unloading POD

Lara B.

Great they were on time and professional

Description of Work
Moving

Ramon R.

Smooth, on time and was done much faster than I expected

Description of Work
Moving

Sean W.

Bellhops' Khyree M. and Kyle J. were wonderful helpers in my move. They nailed the job, had a great attitude, and worked tirelessly.

Description of Work
Moving

Patricia S.

Amazing guys! Fast, efficient and super polite! Also reasonably priced!

Description of Work
Moving

Kelly H.

It was quick and easy to hire them and contact them. The movers were very quick and professional. It was also very reasonable and fast.

Description of Work
Moving

Kate S.

Great, the men were very nice and efficient. Customer service is awesome and responsive. Totally recommend to anyone

Description of Work
Moving

Christine L.

The guys were very efficient and got all of our stuff moved quickly and efficiently and on budget

Description of Work
Moving

Ramanadham K.

They were slow at work. Seemed to me to run up the bill by prolonging the time. Instead of few hours,it took all day long for a single bed room with limited amount of furniture. We already packed loose items.

Description of Work
Moving

Andrew D.

Bellhops was really great and professional. They showed up on time (maybe even a few minutes early), everything they promised was there, and they worked fast and efficiently. The best part was the move took two hours and fifteen minutes and that's what I was charged for. Not 2.5 or 3 hours. 10/10 recommend.

Description of Work
Moving

Leonore D.

The moving experience with this company could not have been better. The guys were great, got the job done without any problems, were on time, and professional.

Description of Work
Moving

Sean S.

Went well. The movers worked hard and did not have any issues moving any of the heavier furniture.

Description of Work
Moving

Vondel D.

Wonderful Job

Description of Work
Moving

Robert R.

Very professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Moving

12/11/2019

Richard T.

Bellhops is no better than other moving companies we have moved, and in many respects is worse. We used them for a move from the Baltimore, MD area to the Austin, TX area. We moved using a different company using a single 26' truck, but Bellhops said that it might not fit and suggested we have two trucks on hand. The day before the move, our "move coordinator" knew nothing of the 2nd truck. The 2nd truck arrived, and I explained that we are trying to get everything into one truck; needless to say that did not happen so it cost us an additional $2K. Also, they did not bring padded paper yet they knew they had some glass tables and tiles to wrap! The movers were just heavy lifters and most did not have a lot of experience in moving things. One of the truck drivers - who do nothing but drive - mentioned that back when he was a mover that he could have gotten everything into a single truck. When we got everything unloaded at the new location, we noticed some things damaged. I filled out the claim form and literally within an hour or two of doing that I remembered two other tables with broken tiles (because they did not pack them well). So I asked that I add those to the claim but was told "No, you already submitted a claim." - I was still within the 5 days of the move that you get to submit a claim yet they would not allow me to add these other two items. So Bellhops is a small company that has really poor communications between the teams, inexperienced movers who are not prepared properly, and customer service that won't accept common sense to make the customer happy. We have another move coming up in several months so needless to say, we will not be using Bellhops.

Description of Work
Move a 2 BR Apartment and 10x20 storage from Laurel, MD to Leander, TX

11/11/2019

Michael R.

This project went very well, and Bellhops was excellent to work with. They provided very good communication in advance of the job. The crew arrived exactly on time, they were friendly and cooperative, and they got the job done in about half the time that was originally estimated. We would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Furniture moving

Jordan G.

It turned out very good. It was very convenient and it was a transparent process.

Description of Work
Moving service

Katheryn D.

They were great. They were fantastic. They were very friendly. They know what they were doing. They didn't damage my stuff.

Description of Work
Moving service

Amy R.

It was very good. The mover, themselves, they were very polite, efficient, and respectful.

Description of Work
Moving service

08/13/2019

Stacey N.

On time, friendly, helped repack some items to ensure no damage, loaded quickly. Reasonably priced for work. I called last minute (day before) and they were able to pull a crew together for me! Would use again. Already recommended in another city.

Description of Work
Moving