BASEMENT PLUS CO

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 2005

3.7

PO BOX 27677

Philadelphia, PA 19118

Basement Plus offer a complete BASEMENT PROGRAM. We fully WaterProof your basement. Eliminating any chance for MOLD or MILDEW to grow. Basement Plus can then design with you and develop a NEW ROOM for your home. Playroom, Man Cave, Office etc. We also design and install complete bathroom needs toilet sink and shower all in a few days....

10/18/2019

Melissa S.

The Basement Plus team were kind, courteous, and professional. They went above and beyond with our basement, removing huge chunks of concrete left over from an old oil tank, painting pipes, resealing and painting the walls nicely and sealing up the area so well that we had very little dust in our home when they removed an entire room of drywall. We were told the project would take 5 days and that was exactly right. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement through removing old drywall & scraping and resealing walls

08/28/2019

Pete M.

I had two positive previous experiences with this company and expected more of the same. The estimate of $6000 for this job seemed high, so I asked the owner how many days he would spend. When he said 5 days, I signed the proposal. But when he finished in 3 days, while obviously hurrying to complete the job late on a Friday, I asked if he thought the estimate was fair. He refused to revise the proposal, saying his "estimate" was actually his "price." I depend on a contractor to estimate his time fairly, and I feel I overpaid by $2000. Also, three items listed in the proposal were not completed: the owner took care of one of them; declined to address the second; said he would address the third but did not show. I can't use him again.

Description of Work
restoration of walls in basement and garage; removal of drop ceiling; replacement of window

05/10/2017

Sanjeev M.

good price, punctual, clean, crew was great/clean/respectful. work was done recently, but as far as I can tell quality is very good.

Description of Work
new basement windows

Category replacement windows

08/03/2016

martha C.

I used them 25 years ago and they were great. This time, however, was not the case. BASEMENT PLUS CO did a rushed job. They tore out a window and broke my alarm system. They stated they would fix the window, for a cost, even though it was their fault. They finally fixed the window after calling them many times, which took months. They came to fix the window but did not clean up after themselves or fix my broken alarm system. BASEMENT PLUS CO refuses to communicate with me and is completely unreliable. After the window was fixed, I had to hire another company to come in and paint around the window that they replaced. They also had to clean up the concrete and debris BASEMENT PLUS CO left. (The workers themselves from BASEMENT PLUS CO were great, it was the owner Jay, that I had the most trouble with.)

Description of Work
They came to water proof my walls/floors and to do an over all inspection.

Category replacement windows, basement waterproofing

Basement Plus never worked for a [Member Name Removed] Must have the wrong company. Call 215,233,4598 to review please

05/18/2016

Marjorie S.

Description of Work
Repair flood damage and build a retaining wall to keep water out.

10/21/2015

Kimberly R.

Upon moving into my new home, I was in desperate need for some updating. After several proposals I chose Jay and Basement Plus and could not be happier with the results. What was a damp, smelly basement became a finished, beautiful living space. The old walls were torn down and cemented, waterproofed then dry walled. The windows were replaced with updated ones. The floors had carpets removed and they resurfaced areas to make it a clean, level, painted floor. They also added features like a new closet for storage, doors for access to my heater and water heater, as well as mounting our TV and painting the room with the colors I provided. It was a great investment, process and end result.

Description of Work
Basement Plus waterproofed and finished my basement, and they also renovated my laundry room.

Category concrete repair, plumbing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, wells, doors, basement remodeling

10/21/2015

Suzanne M.

We did go out and get a couple of local bids after his suggestions just to be sure, but we did come back to him to do the work. We liked the way he suggested we do things and was not pushing anything extra on us. The outside drain was fixed first and after a mighty rainfall we decided to move ahead with his ideas. He recommended some changes to the basement layout and recemented the floors, redid our walls with waterproofing and drywall, fixed our lighting situation and made improvements to our bathroom. The men were nice and the work was finished on time without problems. We will be calling him back for windows and a new door in the future.

Description of Work
We needed help with our old basement. We learned a lot about how our outside drain was causing many problems on the inside of the basement. He gave us suggestions and better ideas and in the end he was right on.

Category concrete repair, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, doors, basement remodeling

10/20/2015

Kathleen M.

Jay and company started work on my home shortly after I purchased it. I knew I had a wet basement and with Jay's help I now have a dry and attractive basement. I trust him and his employees totally and leave them to work on my home when I'm not there. They have always completed the work on time and on budget. His guys clean up the work space wonderfully and are exceptionally polite. When I first bought the house, Jay came immediately, address the "emergency" water infiltration quickly and then worked with me on a plan to fix everything. I heartily recommend Jay. I have volunteered that if folks want to see his work, he should feel free to bring them by. Jay was referred to me by my painter and is known in my area by other home repair folks. Polite man with integrity. Money well spent from my point of view.

Description of Work
October 2015- installation of sump pump and French drain in crawl space May 2015- seal and dry lock walls in crawl space, replaced section of sewer vent pipe, installed new air vents/screens in crawl space, painted basement floor April 2014- install surface drain at rear of house and tie to storm sewer, excavate 15" down at rear foundation of house, water proof exterior, raise corresponding window well August 2013, water proof basement walls and floor, install 4 new glass block basement Windows, install 4 new window wells with well covers raised on Belgium block, clean out basement, install dehumidifier

Category plumbing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, wells

09/24/2015

Bridget M.

Jay Overcash is VERY unprofessional and has an ego that cost him a potential 10,000.00 job. What has happened to customer service??? He was paid and contracted to do my basement, and the outer stucco walls with sealant to fill the cracks for both the front and back of house. He was also contracted to snake the back drain, complete electrical and some landscaping and fencing. When confronted on the price gouging he was doing with labor costs and with what he was charging for various items, he pulled is crew off my house and left the job unfinished. He did not complete the job in which now lawyers will have to be involved for the work unfinished and the money paid. His ego is unprofessional and he is unacceptable to deal with as one adult to another. I did like his work however, but I would not recommend him or his company to any of my other friends that are in the business of flipping houses or even working with this pseudo professional in which he is absolutely unacceptable. When I reached out to him both once by phone and once via email-- he did not respond. On this end I will take appropriate actions.

Description of Work
I had water in the basement in which Jay did the job but at a higher cost then expected. We also discussed and I paid for contracted work for exterior work in which he only completed half of the agreed job due to his ego being hurt when I confronted him on a overcharge for a 8 ft fence that cost 30 bucks at home depot but he charge me 129.00 bucks plus labor totally 240.00 dollars.

Category basement waterproofing

[Member Name Removed] must pay for service. No contractor will work for someone who DOES NOT PAY.[Member Name Removed] tried to take advantage of my crew and my company by insisting upon work while not paying. I have serviced thousands of satisfied customers with 99.9% satisfaction. Every once in a while you run into a frustrated person in life, like [Member Name Removed] I did a beautiful job on her side house at 35 West Harvey Street. She wanted the front and back done after seeing what a great job we did. Was not included in the estimate. A did not want to pay for this additional work. So she makes up complaints and writes. She told me she cannot find contractors to work on her home. No wonder I wouldn't go back. Looks like she can add me to her long list. I returned her check. I will not work for her again the .001% of thousands of clients. Ask any contractor everyone has a [Member Name Removed] Story. By the way voted "Best of the Northwest" 3-years in row. Voted by mail in from Mt.Airy Times and Germantown Newspapers Satisfied Consumers.

09/21/2011

Kristin G.

Never showed up and never called to reschedule

Description of Work
The gentlemen was hesitant to come out to give us a quote as soon as I told him we were getting more than one. Turns out the conflict on my calendar was something for my child, not another contractor as I originally told him. He never showed up for the appointment and never called to explain or reschedule. Lucky him that he doesn't need the business.

Category basement waterproofing

SORRY, WAS NOT BASEMENT PLUS. WE HAVE NO RECORD OF A CALL OR CONTACT FROM YOU. PLEASE CALL THE COMPANY FOR AN APOLOGY AND IMMEDIATE APPOINTMENT. WE NEVER MISS APPOINTMENTS AND NEED THE BUSINESS. 215.233.4598

06/27/2011

rochelle M.

Extremely well, and quick.There were large gaping holes between floor and walls all over, now after their work , you can't tell. All looks seamless and clean, there are no more moldy smells, no more pieces of cement falling ,and all of our basement looks clean and restored. I now have my woman cave back !!!

Description of Work
Our basement was devastated by a water main break in Jan.of 2011, we were flooded with four and one half feet of water. Much of the basements integrity was lost, Basement Plus Co. came out to our property and gave us a detailed and free estimate, we decided to use them ,and we are thrilled with the results, the Company always arrived on time. Basement Plus Company completed the work on time and the results are astounding ! The work crew was clean and polite ,they worked through an early heat wave ,and even went the extra mile when it was necessary. I pray that we will never need this terrific company again , but would use them again in a heartbeat. Hats off to Mr. Jay Overcash owner/president , and THANK YOU for such a professional and fabulous job. Sincerely, and in earnest ,Mrs. Manfra

Category concrete repair, plastering, basement waterproofing

12/09/2009

Nikla L.

Jay was very quick to respond to my initial call, view the job, provide lots of ideas and recommendations, provide an estimate and begin to work. His team arrived on time every day, took care to minimize disruption and mess, cleaned up at the end of the day and were always courteous and pleasant. I was never worried about leaving them unsupervised in the house. We ran in to a couple of issues trying to squeeze a toilet into an extremely small space, but Jay worked with us to resolve that problem and we ended up with exactly what we had hoped for. When the laundry room floor failed to dry properly and ended up being a sticky mess, Jay's team returned to do it again and ensure we ended up with the floor we wanted. Finally, we also struggled with one window well that would fill whenever we had a deluge but again, Jay's team returned several times with new ideas to try out, eventually custom-making a window well cover that seemed to do the trick. In addition, I would praise his team for having put up with my many questions and some flights of fancy (such as turning a cupboard under the stairs into a playhouse for my toddler) and remaining engaged in the project although we had clearly over-run our allotted time. I have since recommended Basement Plus to neighbors and should we ever move would have no hesitation asked Jay and his team to repeat their work on our next basement.

Description of Work
Basement Plus transformed our dark, cramped, dirty (but essentially dry) basement into an extremely useful and much admired area with three distinct uses: playroom, study, laundry/storage room. In addition, they managed to squeeze a tiny washroom into what was formally a closet area at the top of the basement stairs.

Category lighting, plastering, plumbing, basement waterproofing

11/20/2008

Thomas J.

The owner promises, and charges for, great results and excellent workmanship, but does not deliver. The workmanship in every aspect of the job was consistently sloppy, careless and inadequate. In particular, cracks began appearing in the walls within days and weeks of the application. The painting work was shockingly inferior, including the floor, stairs and stairwell. The job was supposedly "finished" and a final bill was presented without an adjustment for uncompleted work - specifically, the framing for three windows was to be removed and replaced, but was not done at all on two windows and only partially on the third window. Additional charges were added to the bill even though there had been no mention or approval of additional costs. The owner stormed out of a meeting with us to negotiate an adjustment to his bill, when the question of dishonesty was raised.

Description of Work
Waterproofing of basement walls and floor, replacement of windows and bulkhead door, cleaning of ceiling, painting of stairwell.

Category plastering

10/23/2008

charles A.

Excellent. The basement is dry and in fact, transformed. It's now used for music recording.

Description of Work
Scrape & re-plaster walls, install two sections of drainage trenches with sumps. New lighting. Adapted to and corrected exterior downspout drainage.

Category gutter repair, lighting, plastering, basement waterproofing, wells

THE MEMBER REFUSED TO PAY THE BALANCE DUE AND BASEMENT PLUS HAD TO USE A CREDIT COLLECTION SERVICE AFTER 3 MONTHS OF TRYING TO GET PAID BY THE MEMBERS. WE SENT TWO CERTIFIED LETTERS TO THE MEMBERS. THESE WERE RETURNED TO BASEMENT PLUS WITH A NOTE FROM THE LETTER CARRIER STATING THAT THE MEMBER REFUSED TO SIGN FOR ANYTHING FROM BASEMENT PLUS. WE OFFERED A SETTLEMENT AND THEY REFUSED SO WE COLLECTED THE MONEY DUE PLUS INTEREST THROUGH A COLLECTION AGENCY. THE MEMBER GOT BACK TO US BY WRITING A TERRIBLE REPORT WITH ALL 'F''S. ANYONE ONE WHO KNOWS BASEMENT PLUS AND ME JAY OVERCASH KNOW THE MEMBER IS WRONG. HIS PLAN TO HURT MY COMPANY DID NOT WORK. I WILL PROVIDE 100 REFERENCES TO ANYONE WHO REQUESTS AN ESTIMATE. THE MEMEBRS ARE JUST POOR LOSERS. WE DID A GREAT JOB FOR THEM. THE MEMBERS REFUSED TO ALLOW A 3RD PARTY INSPECTOR INTO HIS BASEMENT AT MY REQUEST BECAUSE THE JOB WAS DONE CORRECTLY. HE JUST DID NOT WANT TO PAY. I WAS TOLD BY ANOTHER CONTRACTOR AT HIS HOUSE THAT HE DID THIS WITH A ROOFING COMPANY ALSO.

01/15/2008

ERIC C.

They were a little hard to get a hold of at times, but when the work crew showed up, they did an excellent job. Overall we are quite pleased with how it turned out.

Description of Work
He waterproofed my basement walls and floor.

11/06/2006

JASON F.

I visited my neighbors mothers house and reviewed the work completed by Basement Plus last year. It looked super. Upon calling Basement Plus they got right back to me and I had an estimate in writing within a week of my call. The work began as promised and finished as scheduled in 5-days. We were very pleased. The owner Jay Overcash discovered a few other minor problems and handled them with very little additional cost to me. I was very please with the workers and the job they did. I now have a clean basement where I enjoy doing laundry and can store items without fear of Mold or Mildew build up and we are dry everytime it rains!

Description of Work
Basement Plus waterproofed my basement. I had very bad deterioating walls and the basement was moldy and full of mildew. Rain water came in on several walls and windows. I hated the basement. Basement Plus did a great job on my basement. They waterproofed all walls sealed the floor and replaced five windows with Glass Block vented window which look beautiful.

10/10/2006

Walter T.

Overall, took about 5 weeks working very intermittently to complete job, but final product done in a highly professional manner and consistent with the rest of our outdoor patio. We would recommend them.

Description of Work
Remove old and install new outside steel basement door, put new Belgian block barrier along door, refinish basement steps and walls, and seal to make it watertight. Remove old and install new interior basement door.

Category basement waterproofing, doors

05/10/2006

MARY S.

I entrusted my house to a contractor and expect him to do the job, and to do it until it is complete. The work was not completed, and it's not satisfactory to me. I just want the work completed, and then I'll give him the rest of the money that I owe him. They got paint on my carpet, and they told me a week and it took them five weeks. They'd tell me a time that they'd show up, and then show up hours later.

Description of Work
They sealed my basement. They painted my basement steps while they were dirty instead of wiping it off first. He then lied to me when I asked him if the old paint was scraped off first. A month later when it rained we still had the same leak. He said he'd send me a letter two weeks ago saying it had to be a pipe in the wall. But I felt that he took the job knowing that this was a possibility, and now $3000, it's still leaking and he's telling me my pipe isn't "code" and won't do anything.

Category basement waterproofing

MEMBER HAS A PLUMBING PROBLEM THAT WE DO NOT REPAIR. SHE OWES A BALANCE DUE WHICH I TOLD HER TO KEEP A FIX HER PLUMBING ISSUE WHICH WE DID NOT CREATE.

01/28/2006

MATTHEW G.

When the job was complete everything looked great. The work was 97% complete and I say this because after the first set of rain the blocks leaked. One of his crew came to take a look at the problem and applied sealant (which didn't fix the problem) and said Jay would contact us. After a week we contacted Jay and he said he would come look at the problem. HE NEVER SHOWED UP, EVER. After countless phone calls, we gave up. Jay Overcash is someone that we will never deal with again.

Description of Work
Seal basement walls, glass block windows, build water closet.

09/13/2005

PETER B.

NO WORK PERFORMED. FAILED TO SHOW FOR APPOINTMENT SET BY COMPANY. NO PHONE CALL TO CANCEL.

Description of Work
SCHEDULED FOR AN ESTIMATE.

Category basement waterproofing

PLEASE CALL BASEMENT PLUS WE DO NOT WORK IN NEWTOWN. YOU ARE REPORTING ON THE WRONG COMPANY, 213.233.4598

07/11/2005

CONOR S.

HORRIBLE. JAY OVERCASH IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL CONTRACTOR I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. WE HAD A LOT OF TROUBLE GETTING HIM TO FINISH THE JOB. ALTHOUGH HE PERSONALLY BIDS THE JOBS OUT, HIS CREW IS EXTREMELY YOUNG, SLOPPY AND UNPROFESSIONAL. TO TOP IT ALL OFF HE SENT A THREATENING E-MAIL BECAUSE HE DIDN'T RECEIVE FINAL PAYMENT EVEN THOUGH THE JOB WASN'T FINISHED. WE FINALLY GOT HIM TO FINISH THE JOB, BUT IT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT WAS PROPOSED OR PROMISED. IN THE END, WE WERE JUST HAPPY NOT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIM ANYMORE. WE DID A TON OF WORK ON OUR HOME AND BASEMENT PLUS WAS BY FAR THE BIGGEST ISSUE.

Description of Work
LARGE BASEMENT WATERPROOFED INCLUDING FLOOR. WINDOWS RECEMENTED AND NEW GLASS BLOCK WINDOWS INSTALLED. STEPS REPAIRED.

Category basement waterproofing

MEMBER, SORRY ALL I ASKED WAS FOR YOU TO PAY YOUR BILL. THE COLLECTION AGENCY ONLY CONTACTED YOU 12 MONTHS AFTER BILL WAS DUE. I UNDERSTAND YOU HAD FINANCIAL ISSUES FOR OTHER CONTRACTORS ON THE JOB. MANY WHO STOPPED WORKING WHILE NOT BEING PAID. I COMPLETED THE JOB IN GOOD FAITH. ANYONE WHO HAS WORKED WITH BASEMENT PLUS KNOWS MY MEN AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG TO SAY BAD THINGS PLEASE CALL ME 215.233.4598 TO SETTLE.