Basement King LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2013

3.8

5937 Castor Ave

Philadelphia, PA 19149

Give your home the royal treatment with Basement King! We provide free inspections and estimates. We have expert installers with over 20 years experience. We respect your home and your piece of mind!! If your not satisfied we're not finished! Call today to get information about our free products and services! ...

03/22/2016

Jamie Y.

The only "complaint" I have is that the advertisement also stated they check crawlspaces, however the inspector who responded was like 6'3 and wasn't able to access and check my crawlspace. He was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable about his craft, I just wish someone would have gone into the crawlspace as that's primarily why I bought the service. I didn't want to go in there... Other than that, they recommended a $1,500 service which would have involved jack-hammering into my concrete floor and installing some type of elaborate system in case my sump pump became inadequate to remove any water that seeped into the basement. I didn't have the service done, which is no statement against Basement King, LLC. I just didn't have enough knowledge (new, first time homeowner) to know if the service and cost of were warranted.

Description of Work
Conduct an inspection of my basement, checking for potential structural issues, leaks, etc.

Category concrete repair, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, wells, basement remodeling

01/29/2016

Louise H.

They were checking for mold and I did not have any confidence in what they were finding or wanting to do.

Description of Work
The deal was $49 for a mold remediation consultation.

01/19/2016

Susan H.

Well I had them come out and check but I have not used them. I got them to inspect it but I've not followed through with them. I mean it was fine. It was on a rental house so I was not able to be there all the time so we communicated by phone. No they did not charge me more than the $49. They told me what it would cost to fix and it was way more than my budget. They came out probably in November. I'd say the price was okay, I mean, that was in a crawl space and not many people want to get down there and work. It was sort of hard since we were on the phone but sometimes, you know, I didn't really have a way to call them back, I just had a cell number. I wasn't there when he got there, you know, they did follow through on it. I think communication, I guess the technician who was out there, having to call his cell phone. So it would have been nice if they followed up a little bit more with me instead of doing it over the phone. I would refer them to a friend.

Description of Work
I got them to inspect it but I've not followed through with them.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

12/25/2015

Ellen M.

Installed basement system that is / properly and they are not available for follow up. .

Description of Work
Installed french drain.

09/20/2015

elias M.

contractor showed up on time and job was completed in 1 to 3 days.No more water in my basement we can now continue with our basement remodel.

Description of Work
waterproofing basement and sump pump

Category basement waterproofing, wells, basement remodeling

08/08/2015

Eileen L.

The Basement King representative, Idris, did not show up for the noon appointment. At 12:30, we called Basement King to find out if there was a problem but no one answered the phone. About 15 minutes later, we received a phone call from someone at Basement King who told us that no one would be coming since our home was outside their service area. My husband said that we would have appreciated if someone had contacted us earlier with this information so we could have made other plans. He was told by the person on the phone that he was supposed to have called us earlier in the morning, to tell us no one would be coming, but got caught up in other things and didn't call. The representative did apologize for not calling. In today's world, people's time is very valuable. Before a company makes a an appointment with a potential client, checking the client's location should be a basic step.

Description of Work
We contacted Basement King on Friday, August 7th, to see if they would look at a water problem we were having in our basement. We were told that Idris (from Basement King) would come on Saturday, August 8th, at noon to check out the basement problem.

Category basement waterproofing

Sorry but we do not service that part of south jersey.

08/04/2015

Mary & Kenneth R.

“I was very dissatisfied with them, they left dust and dirt on my floor, sink, tub and shower and left paint on the shower on the shower hose and left wallpaper under the cabinet and all the mold was not removed in the shower and I had to remove the mold myself at the bottom of the shower”

05/02/2015

KELLY M.

The 2 gentlemen who performed the work did a nice job- friendly, handled the issues that come up when dealing with a old house and didn't leave until the job was done and everything was clean!

Description of Work
French drain and sump pump installed.

04/11/2015

Cynthia H.

To put it simply..... NEVER BOTHER TO SHOW UP. We made an appointment for Saturday 4/4/15 at 10:00 AM. We have had no contact whatsoever for the reason of "NO SHOW". There is no excuse for this kind of service from any contractor. He could have called and we would have been happy to reschedule. Our time is just as valuable as Anthony Pygatt. It is now one week later and we still have not heard from this company. We will not beg any service provider to take our money. Will never do any business with this company again.

Description of Work
To put it simply....Anthony Pygatt called made the appointment and just NEVER BOTHERED TO SHOW UP.

03/26/2015

Richard H.

I just did not have a satisfactory experience with the sales people. The guy was never able keep an appointment.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for $49 Foundation Inspection Package Plus $250 Credit.

12/23/2014

Alexander B.

Tried scheduling a few times, first guy forgot appointment, then called on Saturday to schedule for Sunday. Could not rearracnge my schedule in such a short notice so am still trying to schedule IN ADVANCE. that is hard to do.

Description of Work
Nothing Yet.

11/28/2014

Tiffany S.

it went great they showed up on time worked hard and resolved my flooding

Description of Work
added a waterproofing system to my front wall and mold rediamation also replace drywall

Category drywall, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, mold removal

11/26/2014

Lamont B.

It went great they show up on time and finished my system in a neat, fast and professional matter

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

11/21/2014

Karen J.

We had some scheduling issues because the service provider was over an hour away.

Description of Work
They were supposed to come out and do some mold remediation and a foundation inspection.

11/20/2014

Ben S.

It went well. He told me how he could correct the problem.

Description of Work
I purchased an offer for a foundation inspection.

Category foundation repair

11/07/2014

Scott R.

Wasn't able to schedule. Called them back and was told they would call to schedule the next day and they never called.

Description of Work

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

10/29/2014

CJ M.

Provider never contacted me after numerous messages and attempts to solicit a response and set up service

Description of Work
Provider never performed the service.

Category basement waterproofing

[Member name removed], as we stated to you previously in phone conversation we deeply regret the offer was extended to your local area but unfortunately we do not service that area. We explained that because of the error we would refund you to make you whole as we do not practice deception and welcome all new customers we are able to accommodate. We have been made aware that the incorrect advertisement has been removed and a refund issued to you. We again sincerely apologize for the misadvertisement. We appreciate your patience and hope you receive the service you are seeking from a local provider.

06/05/2014

Scott T.

I made an appointment for the provider to come out and perform the service, but he never showed up. When calling the provider to see what happened, he apologized stating they had a problem so I setup another appointment. On the second appointment date, again the provider did not show up. When calling him again, he stated the problem was that I gave them my home phone so nobody was there to answer it, but he wasn't able to explain why he couldn't leave a voice mail. Two no calls, two no shows. The provider agreed to refund my money.

Description of Work
The provider was supposed to install a vapor barrier in a crawl space.

03/31/2014

Paula K.

Our house is about 40 yrs old, and a support beam extending across the basement crawlspace was bowing, resulting in minor cracking upstairs (and uneven floors). On the advice of a structural engineer, we sought to install a support post under the beam to prevent further settling. I contacted Anthony, from Basement King, and he came by within 24hrs to inspect and provide a quote. After some discussion of the specifics, we scheduled the work. It was completed within a week, and everything was completed neatly and professionally.

Description of Work
Installed two jackposts under a bowing beam in crawlspace.

03/29/2014

Larry G.

I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big deal for $49 Foundation Inspection Package with $250 Credit from Basement King LLC. It was just for an inspection, no work was done.

03/05/2014

K. L. D.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It went very well. We will find out when the ground finally thaws and we get water through there again. They were good and saw the job through to the end. It was expensive but we didn't expect anything else. They absolutely stuck with it. There was a bit of a snafu when they got into it but they fixed it and didn't charge anything extra. They kept completely to their original quote. They were pleasant, tidy and reasonably on time considering the bad weather. They were relatively punctual. It took longer than they thought it was going to but there was nothing they could do.

Description of Work
We used Basement King.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for the great review!!! We greatly appreciate you allowing us to service your home. If you have any future needs please don't hesitate to give us a call! Thank you for your business! Basement King LLC

02/23/2014

Malaeika M.

I purchased the foundation inspection deal for $50. Wasn't worth it. Not worth the deal any basement company would have done what he did (basically an estimate) for free.

Description of Work
Guy came in was nice and answered my questions but he was basically in my basement looked around moved a bit of dirt with his hand and left. Told me I needed a sump pump and would send a detailed estimate to date I've received nothing.

02/17/2014

Thomas A.

Basement King didn't know what they were talking about or they were out right trying to rip me off. You were running some deal so I bought the deal because I figured there's a deal and it'll be a cheap way to get somebody to come out and look at it. They were offering follow-up for additional repair for 20% off so I said, let me give it a try which we did. We called and we scheduled. A guy came out, took a look at it and he seemed like a nice guy and everything but at the end he determined that we need a whole brand new pump that there is nothing that they can do to fix it. I realized that we had a Home Shield coverage on it so rather than spend the $560 or whatever it was to get a new one, well "before we do that let's spend the $50 to get these guys to come out and look at it and see if they can fix it free." They said basically, it was a switch that was bad and they fixed the switch for free and I hadn't had any problems since. They tried to contact us to get a replacement and I said "no thanks." I will never use them again.

Description of Work
We've been having trouble with I thought it was the battery back-up on our sub-pump.

Category wells

[removed member name] we can appreciate that you felt compelled to seek services else where for your sump pump services, but you did not seek sevices of another waterproofing company. You sought the free services of your warranty which is a completely different type of service. Our company is very reputable and has EXPERT technicians and installers of basement systems, one of who explained to you in details that we do not service or install the dated pump you have. At that time you could have voiced your concern as well as when he provided you with the estimate and YOU requested a proposal. We DO NOT repair pumps nor do we replace pump parts. Based on your waivering evaluation of our company we initially were prompt but then we werent. we understand that you may be disgruntled because you had a warrantied system and paid $49.00 to Angies List before contacting the warranty company and receiving free services before purchasing our Evauation. Unfortunately that was not our responsibility due to the lack of knowledge on your part concerning your warranty. We provided you with a very low cost estimate for NEW Zollar sump pump which was only priced at $550. 00 with a larger than 20% off and cementing your basement trench free that your warrantied company left open, and clearing debris from the sump pit during your evaluation. We suggest if you have any other companies to compare our pricing we would welcome that information, but we definitely do not over price our estimates. If you have any other comments or concerns about your no obligation 40 minute Evaluation please call us at (856) 266-0259. We will be contacting you in the future to discuss your concerns. Thank you for you business!!!!!!! Basement King LLC

02/12/2014

Michael D.

He told me that I would need a sump pump with the approximate cost of 1200 and no other details

Description of Work
inspected my basement

01/13/2014

James S.

I had responded to an Angie's List special offer for an inspection of my basement sump pump system which had seen no maintenance for 7 years. The inspection occurred only a few days after my initial contact. The technician was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. He found some serious issues which needed attention. I was quoted a price and signed the quote via email. The next day the same technician installed a new auxiliary pump and backup battery power system. I am totally satisfied with every aspect of this transaction. I would certainly highly recommend Basement King LLC for any work related to that which was done for me.

Description of Work
Inspected and then replaced faulty sump pump and backup battery system.

Category water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal

We at Basement King LLC greatly appreciate your courteous review. We thrive on customer satisfaction and the ability to provide expert service. Thank you, you are a valued customer!

Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing

Aqua Dry specializes in Basement & Crawlspace Waterproofing Science and we are Foundation Repair Experts: We invite you to take advantage of our one time free estimate / inspection offer and the most competitive financing options. We realize damp, wet, smelly basements can be very frustrating. That's why we offer a 21 point inspection to determine the cause of the water intrusion and mold growth. Aqua Dry has achieved the highest accolades for their proactive technology, hands on craftsmanship and superior mold remediation practices. Go from Wet to dry in 2 days or less. Our motto is to affordably solve your water intrusion concerns, in addition too, designing the best defense to combat against all Microbial growth and Mycotoxins. Finally, there is "One Local Waterproofing Expert" who cares about your home and your families health. As we continue to provide the most effective methods in achieving a healthy proactive Basement environment - Call Now 215-432-7122

Offers by Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing on Angi
    Prestige Concrete Contractors

Zoom Drain

Here at Zoom Drain, we are best known for fast response times and our ability to provide focused solutions to drain & sewer problems. From sinks, toilets and tubs to main lines and sewers, our team of drain & sewer professionals are ready to provide you with fast, expert services.

Basement, Exterior, & Crawl Space Waterproofing. Cracks & Wall Repair. Sump Pump Installation. Egress Window. Basement Finishing & Remodeling. Mold Remediation. Brick Pointing, Structural Repair, & EZ Breathe Ventilation Installation.

Ask for Details.