B & M Pools

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2009

4031 Bleigh Ave

Philadelphia, PA 19136

We handle a wide variety of custom pool covers that other companies won't measure for and do not install! Owner operated. Uses subs for extra labor. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after hours service. Alternate E-Mail: m_such@hotmail.com. Additional contact is Mark. ...

06/08/2021

DIetmar K.

Mark has been closing my pool for several years, and I was always satisfied. He would show up on time, and did a good job, after which I would pay him...never a problem. This spring my pool pump needed repair, as the motor was shot. We agreed on a price, $475 including labor. Mark wanted the money up-front, as he needed to purchase the pump motor. This should have been a warning sign...however, since I’d had good experiences with him in the past, I gave him the check. He promptly deposited the check (April 19th) and since then has become virtually unreachable. I have sent him many text messages and Voice mails, querying the status of the repair. Only once, when I called from a landline at my work, did Mark actually answer the phone (I suspect because caller ID didn’t identify me as the caller). He gave me some excuse that his supplier had sent him the wrong part, but he would take care of it and do the repair next Tuesday. Needless to say he never showed up. In the meantime I’ve found several reports online of similar occurrences, where Mark takes a check and then just disappears. It is truly disappointing that he would do this.

Description of Work
Replace pool pump

Category ceramic tile, pool cleaners

07/19/2010

Marlene M.

He came out and told me my filter was too small for my pool and that I needed a new filter. He said he would pick up the filter which was $1000 and would bring it to my home to replace it. I gave him the $1000 and he has since disappeared. Since all of this happened I have been trying to get a hold of but his mailbox is full. It has been two full weeks and I've yet to get a response. I've also called premiere pool renovations and they are having difficulty getting a hold of him also. I filed a police report and contacted him he still owes me money and now will not respond to my phone calls

Description of Work
He came out twice to my house. He was recommended by the pool company who was renovating my pool, premier pool renovations. He doesn't work for them but the recommend him for a pool service.

06/15/2010

BILL G.

Good price, very responsive, good quality work

Description of Work
Repaired and cleaned pool Replaced pool cover

06/11/2010

Joanne M.

Placed a call to B & M Pools on Saturday afternoon. Mark returned my call on Sunday he just happened to be in the neighborhood and said that he could come over today and take a look at the problem to see if he could unseize the motor. Mark was able to unseize the motor and provided me with some helpful pool hints for future maintenamce. In addition, Mark went to three locations to find the lowest cost for the impellar. I plan to continue using B & M Pools for all of my future pool maintenance.

Description of Work
The pool pump motor was frozen, due to being outside during the winter months. Pump was disasembled, motor was unseized, reasembled and installed successfully. In addition, the impellar was replaced.

06/09/2010

Michael D.

Mark, the owner of the company, arrived when he promised and completed an installation of a new pool pump/motor for our above-ground pool. He also completed some additional work on the pool connections after traveling to secure additional parts. Mark only charged us for the parts; no additional labor. In addition to completing the work in a professional manner, Mark returned to our home the next day to verify that everything was running smoothly, make any adjustments necessary, and offered some pointers on pool maintenance. B&M is now our new pool service company.

Description of Work
Installation of new pool pump and motor with an upgrade of fittings and flex tube.

05/26/2010

Chris T.

He was punctual and professional and took the time to explain everything that he did, which was much appreciated. He even came back a second time to follow up on some additional things that needed to be done. He was very thorough and he made an effort to do everything to our satisfaction. I really appreciate his punctuality and his responsiveness. He always called back within a short period of time when we called. I would recommend him highly and we will use him again.

Description of Work
Mark of B&M Pools came out and performed the service of opening our pool this spring. He uncovered the pool, shocked the water and got the pump going. He also took the time to explain the basics of what we needed to do (we are new pool owners).

05/12/2010

abigail C.

I found them on Angie's list and called for an estimate. It was lower than others and included the Angie's list discount (which I had forgotten about). They were out within the week even though they had truck trouble and went to extra lengths to get to us. Very nice people and saw the job through. So good, in fact ,that we had them do our gutters right afterward for a good price as well. Will use them again for other jobs as we are fixing up our house.

Description of Work
We had our 30,000 gallon pool emptied and the cover which was covered with leaves and dirt taken off. They spent a day getting it done, which was pretty quick given the amount of water in the pool and how big and dirty the cover was.

03/29/2010

Andy C.

Mark and Brandon are super guys to work with. They are reliable, do good work and are courteous. They are overall good people to work with and their pricing is very fair. Their knowledge and expertise with poole matters is second to none and I will definitely continue to use them.

Description of Work
They did a pool closing for us. They did a final cleaning, blew out all the water lines, winterized the filter and put on the cover for the end of the season.

B2K Construction Inc

As a premier painting contractor, we are committed to delivering customer service that is second to none. We offer a wide range of services to meet your residential and commercial painting needs. Big job or small, we have you covered.

Dan Collins Painting

We are a fully insured company serving Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, Bucks and Philadelphia Counties. We do residential and commercial, interior painting and exterior painting along with power washing. We do offer many other services, just ask! We guarantee our work and references are available upon request. Please call us at any time for Dan to come meet with you for a free estimate. We are also a registered company with the state of PA - PA158839.

Joris Painting

Pool openings, pool closings, weekly service, safety covers, acid washing, painting and sealing, spa work, maintenance, tile work, vinyl liners, sales & installation of above ground pools, in ground pool building, leak detection, pool inspections and testing, powerwashing, HVAC,l awn irrigation