ARROW PLUMBING & DRAIN CLEANING

Founded 1970 • With Angi since September 2004

4.2

1813 E CORNWALL ST

Philadelphia, PA 19134

Arrow Plumbing has been serving Philadelphia and surrounding counties for over 42 years. Reliable, experienced mechanics & reasonable prices. **IF WE DO NOT UNCLOG DRAIN THERE IS NO CHARGE**

01/27/2021

Mike Z.

Stay away from this company by all means. I am very familiar with plumbing and have done many full rehabs using subcontractors. I currently manage rental properties at this time and do not do any work due to Covid. We had a minor toilet leak due to the wax ring. The ceiling drywall of the bathroom on the floor below was opened up and sign of minor leak was visible. our regular, go to, maintenance people were not available I called this company and agreed to fix the toilet for $225. They showed up and claimed that this is not a wax ring issue and we are missing the toilet flange. This is almost impossible. The toilet flange was about 3/4" below the floor which is normal and over 90 percent of the homes have this due to installing the toilet flange to the subfloor then they tile the bathroom floor. They wanted $1500 to cut the 4" pvc pipe that was installed about 6 years ago and redo PVC pipe and install a flange. I asked the repair person to use a flange extender which is a very common part for this job and fix the toilet. He refused and indicated that company policy does not allow them to do this. They forced me to pay the $225 upfront and left the job without fixing the issue. Fortunately the property had two toilets and a week later our regular contractor fixed the issue for $150 plus $30 for parts.

Description of Work
Trying to fix a leaky toilet

08/14/2018

Barbara H.

I did not hire them as I went through a program with the city of Phila, however, they were professional, courteous, very fair pricing, etc and they explained the nature of the work and what to expect. Goodness forbid I'd need this type of help in the future but if I did, I'd consider Arrow

Description of Work
Main Sewer Trap Replacement

06/16/2017

William M.

TERRIBLE with worker who arrived. When next I hear he is knocking on the door, his router machine on sidewalk, his truck blocking the only other street intersection anywhere nearby. I point out he is thereby blindly trapping any unknowing driver by requiring them to BACK UP around a corner, BACK UP an entire city block. AND that I have that off-street spot awaiting him. Ignoring that imposition on others, he insists "only be 5 minutes" and "buddy will sit in the truck" – MISSING THE ENTIRE POINT. I then offer he move truck across the wide, empty street to the opposite side instead of blocking the road. Again he refused and said "You want your drain done or not!?" He refused to discuss it anymore, calling me names & I shouted back "I told you I had off-street space as you were driving here!" He repeatedly shouted back and said "You lost your chance." and drove away. Geesh...

Description of Work
I assumed & described to dispatcher: house drain, simple drain cleanout. $94 quoted. Plumber calls me "on the way" and I say "if you need off-street parking call again & I'll take care of you (congested area of one-way discontinuous blocks, etc.).

01/17/2017

Cherrita S.

Very fast and very well

Description of Work
I had a backup in my basement

04/11/2016

Alan K.

Did fine the first time. Problems getting ahold of them at first after getting referral from neighbor. Hung up on me the first time I called. On hold a while when I called back and was told he'd call me right back, which he did. Told me he'd get back to me to let me know how soon they could get someone out to me which he didn't. So I called again and they told me it would be a about 3 hours and they would call me 30 minutes beforehand so I could come home from work to meet him. He called me with only 15 minutes notice within the timeframe and was waiting when I got home. He cleared the drain in 3 minutes by pushing it down with a long plunger. Unfortunately, I believe, but can't be certain, that he pushed the clog further down the line and contributed to a slow drain that I didn't identify as the culprit of a problem I began having soon after when it rained and water would come into my basement. By time I realized it was related, it was 40 days later and they only honor their warranty for 30 days--and there was no compromise. It would be another $94. Was he literally in the right--perhaps. But I had a problem in less than 30 and just didn't know it was a related drain issue and think they could have, and should have, made some sort of customer accommodation. I'd use them again but didn't to resolve that 2nd problem because I didn't want to reward their response.

Description of Work
Cleared main storm drain in back.

03/01/2016

Sue P.

10/28/2015

john P.

I called them Monday and made an appointment for tuesday between 8-12. I was told that the plumber would call me 30 minutes before he arrived on tuesday. I received a call at around 9am stating he would be there in 20 minutes. He was there before I even arrived at the house and had already begun the work. I had a few questions about the issue because I had the same drain cleared about 4 months ago. He answered all my questions professionally and courteously. The whole process took about 30 minutes. I would use this company again and would recommend them to others as well.

Description of Work
They cleared a clogged main drain outside the house.

09/04/2015

RANDOLPH E.

Description of Work
Came out unprepared to work on yard drain. Did not come back as stated.

Category drain pipe, drain cleaning

07/30/2015

Paul D.

.The drain cleaner, Ron, called me and we scheduled the drain cleaning for the next morning. He arrived on time, but when I asked him about the drain cover, he said that Bill did not tell him about the need for a drain cover. Ron also said that he could not just bring a drain cover. He would need to take measurements first and then obtain the proper sized cover. I told him that Bill had only asked me if the drain was round or square. We agreed that he would clear the drain, for which I would pay the $109, and return to install the drain cover and contact me for the agreed upon $26 payment. I even called Bill after Ron had left to let him know that I still needed a drain cover and what Ron had said he would do. Bill said the job would be completed and I would be contacted. Well, after 5 calls made by me over the course of 6 days explaining my situation to either Bill, Dom or Tom, all of whom assured me the drain cover would be installed, I was finally told by Bill that the cost for the drain cover would not be $26, but $140! When I asked why the huge price change, I was told that since he had to send someone out again, that would be the cost. I said, NO THANKS!

Description of Work
I called to get a price for a drain cleaning for my driveway garage drain. I also requested a drain cover, which was missing. The owner, Bill Whartenby, asked if the drain was round or square. I told him it was square and he said the drain cleaning technician would contact me to clean the drain and install the cover. The cost I was given by the owner, Bill Whartenby, for both the cleaning and the cover was $135 ($109 for the drain cleaning and $26 for the cover).

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

07/04/2015

Victoria P.

Called Arrow plumbing on the 4th of July, as visitors are in town for the holiday and clogged kitchen sink made it very difficult to accommodate extra dishes/utensils/pots/pans. Phone call returned within the hour, plumber arrived within the next hour with an accurate estimate of arrival time. Prompt service, excellent result. No fuss, courteous, but to the point. No additional holiday or emergency charges, despite same day service. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Clogged kitchen sink drain, hindering dishwasher use

06/29/2015

Jose P.

Same day service. BOOM at my house in two hours and called 20 minutes before arriving to tell us he'd be at our house in 20 minutes. Gave us really good suggestions/ideas on how to minimize mud and leaves from clogging drain.

Description of Work
unclogged outside back drain

04/23/2015

Cleonia J. W.

Description of Work
They unstopped my sewer drain.

01/21/2015

jack D.

Description of Work
They snaked a pipe for me several times.

05/06/2014

Clifton H.

Service was done in a timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Corrected bathroom drain problem, cleaned and repaired house heater.

11/07/2013

Jean Q.

They were supposed to show up a couple of times and just didn't come. Somebody must not be doing job.

Description of Work
They were supposed to show up to fix my water heater.

04/07/2011

Susan D.

It was done correctly. The price charged was the price they quoted me. I thought the price was fair. They did the job and told me what caused the clog. They were honest. They came out right away to do the work. They did it quickly and professionally. They were very fair. I would use them again. They knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
I hired Arrow Drain Cleaning to clean our sewer line.

11/19/2009

Samuel S.

Excellent work. Fast, and made sure that I was satisfied before leaving.

Description of Work
Cleared the main drain from our house to the street.

08/24/2009

DONALD W.

I think they would have provided a better quality of service and I am not sure to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I have used them a few times earlier and hired them last to do some plumbing and drainage work.

05/26/2009

amanda S.

They gave us a price quote over the phone and said they could have someone out the same day between 12 and 2. We cut short our morning plans to get home by 12, yet by 2- no one had showed up or called. We called them and were told they were running late and to expect someone soon. No one showed up by 5pm and we called again and got their answering service. She had someone call us back and he said they had a worker cancel and he was trying to complete all the jobs. He finally showed up closer to 6:30pm and completed the job. The worker was nice, the job he did was good, the price was good. The customer service however was horrible.

Description of Work
We needed a sewer drain snaked out and they did just that. (I'm not positive of the date of service- but it was last week).

07/17/2008

DONALD W.

I called and asked for a plumber and they sent out someone who did not know how to do the job. They then told me they were not going to charge me for the job because they had sent the wrong person. The lady who took my call misunderstood the conversation, which may have occurred because when I was on the phone with her she stopped me and took three different calls. I did not use them for the job after this. I think they should hire more staff to take on all the calls or train them more to be professional.

Description of Work
They were to come out and unclog a sewer pipe for me.

10/05/2007

Ed K.

They are very good for drain cleaning.

Description of Work
They cleaned out a storm drain.

07/23/2007

DONALD G.

We really felt that the price was incredible considering the fact that the estimate they gave us came, in some cases, thousands of dollars less than the competition.

Description of Work
We have a rather old home and had iron sewage pipes. They came and dug up the old pipes, having to crack open cement, and replaced all the old piping with new PVC piping. They then replaced the cement and filled back in the areas where the digging was done. They took about two full days to complete this and they took all garbage with them when they left.

Category concrete repair, plumbing

07/05/2006

DONALD G.

They are very prompt. They were even willing to pull somebody off another job to respond to an emergency situation. The workers are courteous and responsible, and willing to answer questions. Furthermore, the gentleman who came out for the problem with the bathroom was obviously extremely skilled and knowledgeable. I will definitely use this company in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced sewer pipes in basement and replaced backyard drains to bring them up to code. Also fixed problems with hot water in the bathroom.

03/29/2006

OMOMOLA I.

I was satisfied with their work. This was the second time I used this company. They came out the next day and they were on time. Very professional and they cleaned up their mess.

Description of Work
The outside drained needed to be cleaned. The workers cleaned the drain in the front and on the side of the house.

09/11/2004

DEFNE A.

THE WORK TOOK TWO TRIPS. BOTH TIMES, THE PLUMBER ARRIVED WITHIN THE SCHEDULED TIME FRAME, WAS POLITE, HONEST, AND WORKED EFFICIENTLY. THE SECOND PLUMBER, WHO CAME TO ATTEMPT TO UNCLOG THE DRAIN, CHARGED NOTHING WHEN HE PROVED UNABLE TO CLEAR THE BLOCKAGE.

Description of Work
SUPPLIED AND INSTALLED NEW FLEXIBLE SUPPLY LINES AND A J-BAND (TRAP) FOR A BATHROOM SINK. ALSO, ATTEMPTED TO CLEAN A CLOGGED DRAIN.

Zoom Drain

Here at Zoom Drain, we are best known for fast response times and our ability to provide focused solutions to drain & sewer problems. From sinks, toilets and tubs to main lines and sewers, our team of drain & sewer professionals are ready to provide you with fast, expert services.

J Rangel & Son Concrete

Concrete driveway, Curbs, Driveways, Foundations, Walls

J R Paving Contractors Inc

JR Paving & Construction Co, Inc will build and design your driveway, all finished concrete curbs, and walkways. JR Paving & Construction Co, Inc has purchased more equipment and hired the right crew to service the entire tri county area. We are one of the few licensed and bonded paving contractors in the tri county area also servicing New Jersey and Delaware for commercial projects. We are family owned and operated. Our commitment is to provide you with a cost effective solution for your asphalt, concrete, underground utilities and site improvements. Our experienced team of estimators are highly qualified to give you an accurate estimate at no charge with several options on how to address your asphalt or concrete complete site work and underground utilities issues. We own and operate all of our equipment which means no rental costs are passed on to the customer. We are also pleased to announce we have recently opened an additional office in Glen Mills PA.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check
    %10

PLUMBING, BACKFLOW DEVICES, BACKFLOW PREVENTION, DRAIN CLEANING, GAS APPLIANCES INSTALLED, GREASE TRAPS, HEATING, IRRIGATION INSTALLATION & REPAIR, OIL, PIPE REPAIRS, SEWER CLEANING, SEWER DRAINS REPAIRS.