Francis X White Builders Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2010

Family owned and operated company for 40+ years. We are a full service company "one stop shop" for all your construction needs. We employ only highly qualified carpenters, plumbers, HVAC techs, electricians, and more. So, no matter who you come into contact with when dealing with us you will receive experienced, professional, and courteous service. We specialize in all aspects of home improvement, design, and construction. My company has the ability to work with you on large or small projects, as well as much needed repairs. Whatever it takes, we have the ability to do a complete job for you. Let me assure you that all work done in your home will be carried out in the most professional manner with as little disruption to your family routine as possible. A photo gallery of completed jobs is also available for you to browse through at www.fxwbuildsit.com. Francis X. White Builder Inc. is completely insured with business liability, workman's compensation and builder's risk insurance. We offer free estimates, so call for yours today. Thank you for considering Francis X. White Builders, Inc. for all your home improvement needs. I look forward to being of service to you and your family. Award winning....

Kitchen Remodel 1

+50 more images

home remodeling (41)woodworking (40)home builder (35)interior painting (28)decks & porches (28)door installation (25)electrician (25)plumbers (24)window replacement (21)drywall (21)lighting (17)flooring (16)

09/23/2022

LAWRENCE S.

Great. Workmen were pleasant and professional. Work performed was first rate. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Replacement of multiple 8' Window panels and associated French doors

Category appliance refinishing, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/23/2022

09/21/2022

JuneSondra B.

I am very happy with the outcome of my home! The house was in very bad condition until I hired Fran to make it right.... and now it is the most beautiful home in the development!

Description of Work
Entire Home Renovation

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/21/2022

06/12/2022

Mike K.

Fran gave us a beautiful update to our kitchen and family room. We have an open floor plan and we were looking to create more definition between space with a farmhouse feel. The look he created far exceeded our expectations. His team showed up on time, worked very hard, cleaned up everyday and completed the project as scheduled. We have had Francis X. White Builders do several projects on our home and they always do fantastic work. We have attached before and after. Thank you Francis X White Builders!

Description of Work
Update to our home creating a farmhouse esthetic in our kitchen and living area.

Category remodeling, pressure washing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

Review for Francis X White Builders Inc - 1605 White Oak Rd, Perkasie, PA - 39763634

02/26/2022

Regina P.

What a great job by FXW Builders! Had our master bathroom redone. Fran and his team worked with us all through the process. From helping with design to excellent craftsmanship. Doing a remodeling can be stressful as you want to get everything right. Fran’s long experience in home construction and his excellent ideas made it easy to get it right. I’m still amazed every time I see what a beautiful bathroom I have!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, appliance refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

Review for Francis X White Builders Inc - 1605 White Oak Rd, Perkasie, PA - 39641440

02/18/2022

LAWRENCE S.

Friendly, courteous, no-nonsense, professional, and timely. Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
Excellent job repairing storm damage to kitchen ceiling with outside waterproofing and replacement of gutters.

Category drywall, gutter repair, appliance refinishing, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/18/2022

02/15/2022

Mark M.

Great. Work was done as promised and with very high quality. Crew was very professional, considerate of our home, hard working and friendly. Contractor solved some tricky plumbing problems in our restored old farmhouse. One of the best contractors I have used.

Description of Work
Remodel of bathroom and repair of plumbing issues in our historic farmhouse. Installation of improved heating and venting.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, drain pipe, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/15/2022

06/06/2021

Melissa H.

Over the course of the past year we have had extensive work done throughout our property. From the re-siding and painting of our home and garage, designing and installing a new master bath, replacing our deck, overseeing the installation of a bar shed to renovating a two bedroom garage apartment and everything in between, my and husband and I both appreciated Fran’s professionalism, expertise and experience throughout the design and decision process. Fran and his crew have a work ethic that is impeccable and is quite apparent through their workmanship, reliability and most importantly, communication. Not only did FX White exceed our expectations, but all of the projects were done within budget and on time. We couldn’t be more happy with FX White and his crew and neither will you!

Description of Work
Re-siding and painting of our home and garage, designing and installing a new master bath, replacing our deck, overseeing the installation of a bar shed to renovating a two bedroom garage apartment.

Category ceramic tile, decks, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, wallpaper removal, replacement windows, garage builders, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, property management

Work Completed On 05/01/2021

Review for Francis X White Builders Inc - 1605 White Oak Rd, Perkasie, PA - 39361643

03/14/2021

MICHAEL S.

Contacted Francis X White builders for an estimate on deck repair & replacement. They were responsive in providing initial estimate, answering follow up questions via email, and estimating additional options. Also provided photos of previous work and references. We went with an alternate contractor whose price was about 17% lower. I was confident of FXW's approach, experience and ability to do the job, which is why I would consider them again for a major project, but the alternate contractor's estimate (and final cost) was substantially lower for comparable work and the same deck & rail materials. I thank FXW for taking the time to provide a detailed estimate and answering all of my questions.

Description of Work
Needed decking, railing, some 6x6 posts replaced on an 18'x35' deck, plus some addiitonal frame repair, addition of low volt LED lighting,

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

01/23/2021

Regina P.

Another excellent job by FXW Builder! We have had work done by them in the past and have always had our expectations exceeded. This project was no exception. We were having a home sauna built and even though FXW had limited experience with constructing saunas we worked together to make sure the design and installation were done just right. The team worked with us closely and we now have a beautiful in home sauna and personal gym. The guys are excellent craftsman and always polite and clean. That is an important factor when they are in your house for weeks. I highly recommend FXW Builder inc. You cannot go wrong with their work.

Description of Work
Sauna and home gym built

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, appliance refinishing, marble & granite, interior painters, doors, mudjacking

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

Review for Francis X White Builders Inc - 1605 White Oak Rd, Perkasie, PA - 39151973

01/23/2021

Regina P.

FX White Builders did again! Another perfect job with a great team. Always on time and communicates when things are changing schedule. Craftmanship is top notch! Always clean up and leaves things neat and tidy while the work is ongoing. Totally recommend FX White Builders and the team.

Description of Work
New deck on upper floor

Category decks, doors

Work Completed On 08/18/2022

01/11/2021

Daniel H.

Came out on December 18th and looked at what needed to be replaced. Since then we've had 2 voicemails ignored and still have not received even a quote. Excuse is that they're busy but 3 weeks without hearing back after reaching out multiple times is pathetic. Would not recommend, look elsewhere if you want the job done!

Description of Work
Front porch posts replaced and siding removed from the side of the house to fix water leak

Category decks, handyman service, siding, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

12/07/2020

Jim G.

Quality of work, communications, and professionalism couldn't be better.

Description of Work
Replacement of hand rail and ballusters for staircase between 1st and 2nd floors.

Category home builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

11/03/2020

Walter K.

This was more than just a routine roof replacement as there was damage to the roof trusses that needed to be addressed. Contractor provided a detailed repair plan which was validated by a professional engineer. Contractor also provided a detailed work schedule. Work was completed as planned. There were no surprises. Work crew was professional and courteous. Clean up was impeccable. Quality of work appears to be top notch. I would highly recommend Francis White for any home contruction / repair /remodeliing work. No BS, no games - just good quality work at a fair price. I might have been able to find someone a bit cheaper, but I would not have gotten a better value.

Description of Work
Repair roof trusses damaged by falling tree. Replace roof shingles on entire roof.

Category contractors, picture framing, roofing, home builders, skylights

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/03/2020

Eleanor C.

Excellent....would use this contractor for any future projects I may have .....extremely professional, cleaned up at end of each day....responsive to my questions....handled the job as if they were working on their own homes...09

Description of Work
screening replaced on porch

Category appliance refinishing

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

10/01/2020

Suzanne P.

I am extremely satisfied with the personal service and quality workmanship I received from Francis X White Builders, Inc. They are a family-owned and family-run business who take pride in their work. I recently had to have a wooden chimney enclosure replaced. After making calls to various chimney services and roofing companies who told me they did not do that type of job, I was pleased to hear that Francis X White Builders, Inc could do it. The owner himself came out to view what was needed to be done and provide an estimate. I live in a development with an HOA which means I had to receive approval for the job. The office manager at Francis X White Builders, Inc assisted me with all the information I needed to fill out for my HOA request. Within a short time after the job was approved and weather permitted, a team of two skilled carpenters arrived and the job was completed in one day. The new chimney enclosure is well-constructed, sturdy and looks great! During this whole process, the owner or his son was in touch with me to let me know about scheduling, who was going to be doing the work, when they would arrive and if I had any questions. I also received a follow-up call the day after the work was completed. I wouldn't hesitate to call Francis X White Builders Inc for any future repairs, remodeling or construction needs.

Description of Work
replace wooden chimney enclosure

Category appliance refinishing

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

09/13/2020

Regina P.

The final product is absolutely beautiful. FX White Builders did wonderful work. Their team was courteous and always clean when in the house. The work was done in record time and at an excellent price. All COVID-19 protocols were followed to a tee. Thanks FX White Builders!

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, home builders, appliance refinishing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

08/03/2020

kathy D.

Very smoothly. Entire team of workers were skilled and cordial!

Description of Work
Complete remodel of entryway and foyer, also repair of windows and skylights.

Category decks, remodeling, replacement windows, skylights, doors

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

07/30/2020

Anne G.

Outstanding work in every category. Extremely punctual, organized, expert capentry, plumbing, lighting, flooring, hvac., drywall, custom cabinetry, stone fireplace, insulation and firewall. Built a beautiful 14 foot bar with sink and coiffed ceiling. Extremely professional and took exceptional care as if it were their own home.

Description of Work
Refinished the basement. This included framing, drywall, heating and duct work, plumbing, replaced slider and windows, custom bar with sink, flooring, drop ceiling, lighting, custom stone fireplace, custom built vanities, vented bathroom, custom shelving throughout closets and cabinets.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home theater design, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, fireplaces, custom furniture, garage builders, home builders, appliance refinishing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

02/14/2020

Adam T.

They did great work and were very professional. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Water damage repair

Category contractors, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

02/09/2020

Joanne M.

Fabulous! Fran and his crew are so professional. His carpenter George did an excellent job, his attention to detail is very evident in his work. The half wall looks as if it was built that way and the fireplace looks incredible. The crew showed up on time everyday and always cleaned up at the end of every day.

Description of Work
Fireplace renovation remove existing tile surround install 5 1/2 " trim legs install trim for raised panel design install new granite fireplace surround pieces and hearth top. Half wall make existing opening b/w family room and kitchen wider drywall and trim and paint new opening

Category remodeling, fireplaces, appliance refinishing, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

02/01/2020

scott B.

Great work. Nice people. Totally dependable. Fran (the owner) checks in once a day to make sure everything is satisfactory. Worth every penny!

Description of Work
window replacements

Category egress windows, remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2020

11/28/2019

Eric M.

These guys do amazing work and are serious craftsmen. You get what you pay for - they are not the cheapest firm out there, however, they were priced right in line with several other contractors we evaluated. In our opinion, their work was far superior to the others which makes them a much better value in terms of what you spend. They kept us in the loop with every stage of the project. When we made some changes to the project they charged us a reasonable (minor) amount for the changes. We decided to use a different railing system - one that was slightly more expensive and more complicated to install. They did not increase their price even though this may have not been as profitable for them. Our job took longer than expected, but they were willing to do whatever it took to make sure it was not an inconvenience for us. They cleaned up after themselves each day before leaving so our home did not appear in disarray. I can't say enough good things about Francis X White. They are a top notch building/remodeling firm, completely capable to handle whatever the need may be. We will definitely be using them for any further home remodeling projects. Note: The pictures below show the finished deck, but it has not been cleaned yet after construction so it will look a little muddy. It's too cold outside right now to deal with that!

Description of Work
Deck Replacement

Category concrete repair, decks, doors

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

10/31/2019

Philip V.

Fran and his team have completed numerous projects for us over the years (Portico, Back Patio & Cover, Master Bath, Hall Bath, Wainscoting, etc.) and his work is always top notch and professional. This kitchen remodel was no exception. Fran had great ideas and put us in touch with a cabinet designer that enabled us to maximize storage space and came up with a beautiful design. The work was performed on schedule and on budget and the result is fantastic. We couldn't be happier with the work that Fran performs for us.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling