Jamison Home Svc LLC

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
07/01/2023

1429 Ulmer Ave

Oreland, PA 19075

Jamison has always been a local family run business built on trust, dedication and committment - values that resonate throughout the entire company. Jamison Home Services is a "one stop shop" for all your masonry, waterproofing and chimney needs. With full-service divisions in masonry restoration, basement waterproofing, and chimney cleaning and repair, we can provide everything you need to ensure the safety, protection and aesthetics that your home needs and deserves. We have additional locations to better serve you: For clients in Chester and Delaware Counties and throughout the Main Line: 510 East Barnard Street, West Chester, PA 19382 For clients throughout Central Montgomery and Bucks County: 431 Deep Run Road, Perkasie, PA 18944 Parent Company of Jamison Residential Masonry, Jamison Chimney Services and Jamison Basement Waterproofing. Award winning - multiple years of superb reviews on Angie's List! Additional email - sweihing@jamisonhomeservices.com. Additional websites - jamisonwaterproofing.com, jamisonmasons.com and jamisonchimney.com. Additional DBAs - Jamison Basement Waterproofing, Jamison Chimney Services and Jamison Residential Masonry....

masonry (274)chimney repair (133)basement waterproofing (72)stucco (59)chimney sweep (48)concrete repair (42)chimney cap repair (37)fireplace services (28)foundation repair (25)well & water pump repair (24)hardscaping (20)stone & gravel (13)

03/14/2022

Will J.

I needed brick stairs repaired outside my back door . Jamison’s employee Austin did a phenomenal job and completed the task in 4-5 hours. He was on time and brought all the materials needed for the job, even water to mix the mortar . Before and after pics included .A+

Description of Work
Brick stair repair

Category concrete repair,masonry,stucco

Work Completed On 03/14/2022

Review for Jamison Home Svc LLC - 1429 Ulmer Ave, Oreland, PA - 39659328

01/20/2022

David H.

Very pleased with Jamison Home Services, completely professional from the office staff that set up my appointment to the technician that came out to clean our chimney. The same goes for the estimator that came out as well. Fine work, fairly priced.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

01/14/2022

Taylor M.

Buyer Beware. I hired them to repair the basement walls. They quoted me $ 3,400 for the job on a time and materials basis. I should have asked what was involved and how many hours it would take. Unfortunately, I did not. The two man crew completed the job in a total of 20 hours (10 hours per man). Allowing $ 200 for materials (some concrete and dry lock), the effective hourly rate was $ 160. The president of the company has yet to explain to me this astronomical hourly rate. A prime example of price gouging. Would never consider using again.

Description of Work
Repairing Basement Walls

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/04/2022

I did speak with Mr. [Member Name Removed] regarding his concerns relating to the overall cost of the project versus his perception that he was overcharged. While in the process of investigating the cost components, he posted the review before I could get back to him. I discovered that his assertions are incorrect. We had a crew of two men on site for two full days – for a total of 32 man hours. His valuation of the project materials is also lower than reality. In reality, the cost to him was closer to $108 per man hour for the two men. What I assume he fails to realize and acknowledge is the vast amount of cost factors that we, as a legitimate business, incur. Those costs include: competitive wages and fully paid health insurance for all our employees, retirement benefits, federal, state and local taxes, various business insurances, marketing costs, vehicle costs (including fuel, insurance, etc.) and a whole host of other, lesser costs, that nonetheless are incurred by us. Certainly there are other companies that can charge less than what we charge, but those companies are likely paying their people in cash, with no benefits, etc… While I am sorry Mr. [Member Name Removed] was left with a bad taste regarding our costs, I will not apologize for paying my people top wages and providing 100%-paid health benefits. I hope other, potential customers will understand this. Stephen Weihing, President/Owner

08/26/2021

Terry K.

The tech, Daniel, was prompt, clean and provided me with an excellent explanation of what he found and what he recommended. He did a thorough inspection during which he found that the flue had seriously deteriorated over time. He showed me pics he had taken and explained the findings and the remedies. Scheduled needed repairs for only two days away.

Description of Work
Replace Chimney Caps

Category chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

04/12/2021

Dawn P.

DO NOT use this company for your basement waterproofing project. On the scheduled day of service, the crew arrived late. Initially, a single employee arrived in a company vehicle. He did not have the specifications for the job. He was waiting for the box truck to arrive with the foreman. This truck arrived 45 minutes later with the materials and the crew. Upon backing in, the foreman ripped my internet cable from the source. When the driver/foreman was approached about the damage he became immediately defensive. The foreman (who was also the driver of the truck), was dismissed from the job. The work that was completed was not equivalent to the 30 years of craftsmanship boasted about on Jamison's website. The channel drain system, which was one of the reasons I hired the company, was duct taped together. There is a gap in the channel system which will cause water to drain below the foundation of my house; thereby, negating what I was trying to avoid with installing the drainage system and sump pump. Prior to the crew leaving upon completion of the work, the same day, the system was never tested. When the Project Manager/Salesman returned to my home the following evening, he tested the system, only to have water spray onto the floor of my basement from the sump pump! There are many additional details that have resulted in this rating of 0 (The system forces at least a single star rating) for this company. I have photos of their craftsmanship, which do not compare to those on the website or videos. I did request a $1,000. off the cost of the job and as an honorable customer, paid for the services rendered. I have been in contact with Jamison's account. After noticing additional unacceptable workmanship and receiving excuses for the work completed, I requested a full refund in order to hire another company to complete the job properly. The last response I received was to call another Project Manager if the system worked improperly. AN EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED customer!!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing to include below ground-level drainage system and sump pump install

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

Review for Jamison Home Svc LLC - 1429 Ulmer Ave, Oreland, PA - 39317847

While this project certainly did not proceed as we expect each project will, we went above and beyond to rectify every item that the client was dissatisfied with. This client asked for, and received, a significant discount on the project. Shortly after we agreed to refund a portion of the cost, the client then asked for a full refund. The system that was installed has been tested and is working properly, and as such, did not warrant such a drastic response. Jamison has been in business since 1989 and while we strive for perfection and total customer satisfaction, we understand that despite our best efforts to fix the situation, certain customers aren't as understanding as others.

11/09/2020

Jennifer N.

My house is nearly 100 years old with a stone foundation, and it sits at a high water table. With most significant rains, I would get some level of dampness in my basement at the floor and exterior walls. I also wanted the original cast iron sewer pipe replaced since they would be working in that area. When Steve Custus came to review the project, he was very thorough in answering my many questions about the GrateDrain system, his proposed design, what I could expect for the timeline to begin and be completed, and his role throughout; I appreciated receiving the proposal and pricing immediately. Rather than just spot-reparging the old house basement walls, he suggested using a vapor barrier to tie into the system, which would also greatly improve the appearance – awesome! He also suggested I have the oil line moved prior to their work starting so it wouldn't be damaged. This level of forethought was super. I then spent some time reviewing, researching and finding additional questions, which Steve addressed in a future call. Jose, Miles and their crew were on time to begin and they were very careful to keep my house neat as they worked. They provided regular updates and answered my questions and requests as they arose, all with a friendly demeanor. After the first night when we discovered water still rising in one area, they worked to shift the system design to handle that area. Jose went above and beyond to ensure I was happy with the result. The tech returned within a couple weeks to reattach my laundry sink since the concrete in that area needed to cure first. He also addressed a couple questions I had. I'm thrilled that the system performed beautifully as the remnants of Zeta came through - for the first time since I've owned the house, there was no water in my basement!

Description of Work
Installed a perimeter drain system. Replaced existing sump pump and battery backup. Replaced cast iron sewer pipe

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

11/06/2020

Mary P.

I claimed a deal on the website, and called Jamison to discuss about schedule, but he informed me and told me in a very nice way that they don't service my area here in Perryville, he was polite and the conversation was very pleasant.

Description of Work
Sump Pump Inspection and Testing

Category wells

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

07/01/2020

Linda W.

Have not made a decision they are expensive

Description of Work
Cement pointing bricks

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

06/24/2020

Michael G.

The process was very easy from start to finish. Im a homeowner that likes to ask questions and do research before getting into projects. The staff were friendly and provided 2 options to address the needed repairs to my chimney. The option we went called for the damaged brick to be repaired and finished everything with a coat of protective paint. The crew covered all landscaping and completed the entire job in one day. My wife and I were extremely impressed with the finished look. The price was also very fair. Thank you Jamison for your professionalism and quality work. I would absolutely recommend your services to friends and i would use you again in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired bricks that were defacing and morter joints needing attention.

Category chimney repair,house painters

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

06/07/2020

David F.

Very well beautiful job! Workers were very polite and professtional!

Description of Work
chimney resealed and new chimney liner installed.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/07/2020

Thank you so much for the positive review! Please reach out if you need us in the future!

06/02/2020

Anthony O.

Equipment failure and company refuses to fix or answer calls. Pointless

Description of Work
Prior to the purchase of house had sump pump installed

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

After doing quite a bit of research, we can find no record that this client has contacted Jamison. The sump pump we installed at this address was for the previous owner - four years ago. We have never been invited back to service the pump, to ensure that it will continue to perform. We do send out reminder postcards regarding this. We would be happy to service and/or replace the pump if the new homeowner would like.

11/21/2019

Lisa C.

Technician and assistant came to my home and inspected my heater flue liner, charged me for the inspection and promised an estimate to replace the flue, install a double flue cap on my chimney and to re-point the brick on the back of my house. Received an estimate but the services to be provided were incorrect. Estimate did include the flue but also included re-pointing/fixing stucco on my chimney which doesn't need to be done since my entire home was re-stucco'd a year ago, the estimate included caulking the windows which doesn't need to be done - the brick around them needs to be re-pointed but this was not included in the estimate and to install a single chimney cap. I requested a double chimney cap. I called three times asking for a revised quote. No one called me back. I was charged for the inspection and now I have insulation stuffed in the heater flue where they removed a steel cap to show me the flue needed replacement. Kevin, if you don't want the work, just say so. They wasted my time coming to my home, going over the project and sending an incorrect estimate and then no follow up as promised to correct it.

Description of Work
Heater flue liner replacement, brick pointing, chimney cap

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

I do apologize for any miscommunication with this client, however, I feel it is important to respond. We did not provide an estimate to do any stucco work - only for the installation of a new liner and some brick pointing. The caulking would have been necessary as the brick pointing that we proposed was adjacent to window planes and would have required a caulk bead to complete a seal. Any existing caulk would likely have been compromised during re-pointing. My estimator has no notes regarding a multi-flue cap, but that is certainly something we can do.

11/10/2019

Sam V.

The first time he no show/no called. Gave him a second chance, and I didn’t hear back from him again. I can’t rate the quality or price of his work, but the professionalism, punctuality, and responsiveness were very poor.

Description of Work
My chimney looked at and cleaned

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

I believe this review must be meant for another company. We have no record of this person in our client database. Furthermore, Sellersville is outside of our service area, so we would not have made an appointment in the first place. I would ask that Mr. [Member Name Removed] remove this review. Regards, Stephen Weihing President Jamison Chimney Services Jamison Home Services, LLC

08/02/2019

Karl S.

Estimate was given last year. Work was performed in a timely neat fashion.

Description of Work
Oil Burner Flue Reline

Category masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

Thank you for choosing Jamison Home Services! We look forward to working with you in the future! Regards, Stephen Weihing President

05/21/2019

Janet S.

The inspection was adequate. There wasn’t a lot of cleaning that took place.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Category chimney sweep,masonry

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your business.

05/13/2019

JOSEPH D.

They did a great job and were timely. They cleaned up the basement perfectly and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They waterproofed my basement.

Work Completed On 05/13/2018

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

04/05/2019

Georgina H.

They did excellent, they kept me informed about the process, reasonable in price and clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
They did external excavation.

Category excavators

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the positive feedback. It was a pleasure working with you.

03/23/2019

Bridget P.

They were very good and responded to my request. Came out promptly and did the work quickly. Competitive price and I'm happy.

Description of Work
They replaced my basement window with glass block.

Category basement waterproofing,glass block

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! I will be sure to share it with the crew who worked on your project, as well as the estimator. Kind regards, Stephen Weihing President Jamison Home Services, LLC

02/02/2019

Matthew C.

Came at scheduled time. Estimate was reasonable and work was scheduled. Workers had a great attitude and work was performed on budget. Customer service is the best I have experienced.

Description of Work
Chimney lining

Category masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

Thanks for the great review, it was a pleasure working with you.

12/14/2018

Dave M.

Ron came out an was great. Very professional and personable, explained the process, showed me items of note, and gave great advice. He performed a cleaning, gave instruction on safe use (since we'd never used our fire place before), answered all my questions, and made some recommendations based on the state of the fireplace. Prior to the appointment I communicated with Stephen who was also very responsive and helpful. Seems like these are great guys to work with. I was really surprised when I was given an appointment time (not a window) and Ron showed up on time. Very positive experience overall.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection/Cleaning/Advice

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you.

12/04/2018

Chuck H.

Great. Very reposive, good price and quality of service

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and installation of cap

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your business!

11/17/2018

Elizabeth B.

Great experience from initial scheduling of the appointment to completion of service!

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and inspection

Work Completed On 09/06/2018