Catalfano Brothers

Founded 2002 • With Angi since December 2009

4.3

222 Roesch Avenue Building C1

Oreland, PA 19075

Catalfano Brothers specializes in both commercial and residential roofing, siding, windows, doors and gutters. With over 15 years industry experience, you can rest assured that the job will be done right. Catalfano Brothers is a Certainteed Select ShingleMaster contractor and a 5-star Vinyl Siding and Trim contractor. Being a Certainteed Select Shingle Master Applicator contractor allows us to offer an extended warranty coverage when an Integrity Roof System is installed on your home....

07/23/2018

Karen F.

Great, fast good quality and cleaned up right away. Also had skylights replaced.

Description of Work
Entire roof

Category roofing,replacement windows

02/26/2018

Eric S.

Work was completed in one day. Everything was cleaned up after job was completed.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters & downspouts on 2-story house w/attached garage

Category gutter repair

08/04/2017

Robin A.

Called company. Company never called back. NOT GOOD!!

Description of Work
Pole gutters replaced

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair

07/14/2016

michael S.

I used Catalfano Brothers to replace my shutters a few years back and they did an excellent job. When it was time for a new roof and gutters, I knew I wanted to call them to bid on the job. I had a total of five contractors come out and bid the job. Wow, what a range of quotes. A few companies came in at more then double the low bid. One company was 140% higher for the same work and shingle quality! Charlie Catalfano came out promptly and gave me his recommendations. Couple of things here: 1 - he was the only contractor who said I really didn't need a new roof at this time 2 - he was the only contractor who told me adding attic ventilation fans was a waste of money. 3 - he was the only contractor who told me "it would also be a waste of money to upgrade your shingle". "These Owens Coring Duration shingles are an excellent product, I would put them on my own house. Take your family on vacation with the money you save. (and we did!) Quote for roofing and new 6" gutters and capping was the best of the bids. I probably would have paid more and still gone with Catalfano (sorry Charlie). Their quality is that good. Communication was great with the office. Scheduled and workers were prompt and finished the job on time. Excellent crew for both the gutter and roof work. You can tell when a crew knows what they are doing. Cleanup was fine. Couple of nails and pieces of shingle found, but really a clean job overall. One piece of damage. Had a minor scratch on my back patio door. Minor to me, major to my wife. I called Charlie and he came over the next day to take a look. Offered to take $$ off my bill. I said we were probably going to replace sometime this summer so give me an estimate. He did and took the $$ off the price. The final cost was reasonable, so we got a new patio slider too. Excellent work on the install too. Door was missing one of the locks. Charlie came out himself with the factory rep to install. Great guy, great service. I would highly recommend using Catalfano. You may only replace a roof once in your life, go with Catalfano. (also, if you are replacing a roof, think hard about replacing the gutters and capping at the same time. I makes a huge difference in the look of the house. It's worth it)

Description of Work
new roof and gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing,replacement windows

04/24/2016

James P.

the people from customer service to the workers were very professional and courteous the work was done quickly and they did a great job of cleaning up. They provide a great warranty on labor and materials and they understood I had to work during this process and even though no one was home they still performed the work beautifully

Description of Work
installed shingles on my sloped roof provided copper eaves around he chimney

Category gutter cleaning,roofing,chimney repair

03/23/2016

Emmanuel G.

I did not go with this provider as it was between them and one other contractor. I decided on another due to other another project I was going to do with them. Overall pricing was about the same.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for new roofing on a 3 story row home. The main roof was priced with an new standing seam metal roof and the low flat roof was priced with .09 mil White EPDM roofing. This included various other items such as chimney caps and a vented ridge & soffit and had to re-build the low roof substrate.

Category gutter cleaning,roofing,siding

Thank you for the review if there is anything we can help you with in the future just give us a call.

03/08/2016

Brian W.

The estimate process was fine but when it came to the work itself, I was extremely disappointed. - I never felt like I was a priority/valued customer. - They never worked full days. (11 ? 4 with an hour lunch break) - They left visible gaps around windows un-insulated during a weekend that dropped in to the 30?s - Their quality of work was very low and they had to re-do work numerous times. - They installed one window 2? higher than another in the same room and had to fix it. - Their follow up was terrible as it took 3 months to get the screen door for my sliding door and even then, they did not install it; merely left it wrapped in cardboard. I regret using them and hope my experience can help others who are looking for reputable contractors who will treat you well, communicate throughout the process, and do things the right way.

Description of Work
Siding, Windows, and a door.

Category gutter cleaning,insulation,replacement windows

We're very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience with Catalfano Brothers. We strive to provide excellent service, and try to make all of our customers feel like valued. We truly appreciate your feedback, and will use it to help provide better service in the future. Please feel free to contact our office any time if you'd like to further address your concerns. Again, we apologize for your negative experience with us. Ellen Siefken Catalfano Brothers, LLC

01/04/2016

Jackie S.

I'm still having trouble with little leaks but they've been very responsive in coming out and trying to fix things. The real problem was that they told me they'd get it done in two weeks and it was over 6 weeks before they came and put the gutters in and they came in twice after I'd rearranged my work schedule. The work is great but the timing of getting it done was not great. They were on time.

Description of Work
They put gutters on my house.

Category gutter repair

10/31/2015

Michael H.

They never called back after leaving two messages with them.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning was purchased

10/09/2015

ellen O.

From the initial phone call to the end result, an absolutely excellent experience. Charlie was personable, professional and thorough. The work was done quickly and efficiently and the crew was also professional and courteous. I would highly recommend Catalfano Brothers to anyone.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters, siding.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding

08/18/2015

Mandy V.

This roofer showed up and wanted to bend the metal on the roof and remove an entire portion just to give an estimate. When what I asked for was a sealant on the roof, not for you to bend metal and cause more damage just for an estimate. He refused to give an estimate on what I asked for and wanted to destroy the roof to get a higher cost and he could not promise to have the roof in the original condition for the estimate. When I refused, he then got mad and rude and left. It was clear that the estimate was for a sealant only and that the roof was in excellent condition.

Description of Work
roofing services

I am sorry you feel that way. At Catalfano Brothers we like to fix things the right way and just sealing a piece of metal is not always a good approach. We rely on our estimators to do a good inspection. His intention was not to bend the metal or take it apart, but rather look underneath to determine the problem. In the case of your house, caulk would have not stopped the problem and therefore we could not in good practice do that. this was the customers response to the above commit we made to her That is not truth. And from what I heard from others roofers, the coping is not removed, but rather an estimate is given verbal on what it would cost to remove and place it. Every roofer I spoke to and got an estimate ALL said the same thing. You don't take an engine apart to figure out what's wrong with it. He was rude, unprofessional and got pissed when he couldn't destroy it.

07/26/2015

michelle R.

Took a few attempts to actually speak with someone in order to make an appointment. Once appointment was made for an estimate someone came right out and looked at the roof and gave an estimate. I then scheduled and appointment to have roof repaired. They came out repaired roof and I have not had an issue since. i would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
repaired roof

07/18/2015

Andrew G.

DO NOT USE THEM, THEY DO NOT STAND BY THEIR WORK The roof went well, No leaks and it looks Great. The gutters went up well, and I have not had any issue with them to date. The SIDING was a nightmare from start to finish. I basically had to go over everything they did, and when it looked like crap have them come back. I had to have them come back 4 times over the past year to fix shoddy work. Most recently I had issues with my AC. The service outside was not properly re-attached when the siding work was done, so water got in there. After a hash winter the outside service was totally compromised. I contacted Charlie Catalfano asking that he send someone out to fix it, or I would have someone fix it myself. He responded with: "As we finished the siding in mid june of last year, I would think you used the ac in july and aug and maybe also this year. Just because something broke on the outside of your house after we did the siding doesn't mean that we broke it. If you could show us how it is directly related to us." Please note this constitutes him refusing to honor his warranty. I had a licensed HVAC guy look at it and he pointed out to me the problem. Basically, the Catalfano employee that did the remove and replace on the AC service was simply not qualified to do so. As a result, the AC unit was left it in an extremely dangerous state. With the potential of electrocuting someone who touched the service while the AC unit was under power. I took pictures of the mess that Catalfano employee left behind in the circuit box, and had the HVAC guy replace it to the tune of $410.00. I contacted Charlie Catalfano, again; with a copy of the HVAC invoice of the work done. Asking him to reimburse me, he has not responded. I am now left with no recourse but to attempt to get my money in small claims court. In Summary: Catalfano Bros had a great price, but ultimately it was not worth it. Do not use this company, get someone else (who might be more expensive) buy will be far more qualified.

Description of Work
Roof, Gutters and Siding

Category siding

We are sorry that you are not happy. You told us your ac broke and then teold us to pay for it. The homeowner provided a bill that did not sufficiently explain what was wrong and why and what steps were taken to fix it. We were also never given a chance to send our heating and air conditioning company down to take a look at it. We also sent bill to qualified (licensed) HVAC technician and was told that is a very high bill for what he did. He also stated that it was not possible that we could have broke the piece that he stated we broke. We still stand behind our work more then happy to send out HVAC person to look at the work was done and give both an opinion on whether we broke it and a reasonable amount for the repair. As stated in the contract, that we are willing to send a licensed professional to fix anything damaged by us. Also the job was completed in June of 2014 and the homeowner used the ac for the entire summer without issue. We are sorry you are not happy, but we were not given an opportunity to help and as stated in our contract we are willing to send a licensed professional, but are not responsible if you choose to use someone on your own.

07/09/2015

Pamela S.

The service and the workers were good. They did an average service for what I paid. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I used the services of Catalfano Brothers for gutter cleaning.

Category gutter cleaning

Thank you!! If we can be of any further assistance in the future please feel free to contact us at your convenience. Have a great day!

06/17/2015

Jason T.

Some initial scheduling issues, but in the end, good result.

Description of Work
Roofing work. Check a few trouble spots and replace some shingles.

Thank You [Member name removed], if you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact us at your convenience! Have a great weekend!! Sincerely, Linda Doyle Catalfano Brothers

05/27/2015

Carol F.

When they showed up they didn't have a ladder long enough to reach the roof. Said they would return, never did. Repeated calls lead to additional appointments where I took the day off and they never appeared or called. After one month of back and forth I finally asked for a refund. Never again!.

Description of Work
They were to come and look at the roof and tell me what repairs it needed if any. Roof was currently leaking.

Category gutter cleaning,roofing

We are sorry about this issue we have hired more office staff and estimators to better serve are customers Regards, Charlie Catalfano

04/15/2015

Y B.

It was a no-brainer. The person they sent out was just really good and told us that if he found something where it would need more work or the price would be more, he would take pictures and let us see. He did everything for the price. When I made a call, they gave a time. He came out. He was on time. He was very professional and very likable. He did his job. He explained what he was going to do. He explained that if any other issues came up he would take a picture and let me see and that he would discuss it. The company was really good.

Description of Work
He filled whatever needed filling in on the roof. He checked for any kind of breaches that would need filling in. He did a little tuck pointing where I think the roof met part of the wall or something like that.

01/24/2015

Jeffrey P.

I would give A's across the board. It was all very good. There wasn't anything negative at all.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Catalfano Brothers.

01/23/2015

Debbie K.

I was pleased with the job that was done and would not hesitate to use them again. The office manager was ill and that was cause for some communication mix-up, but things were explained and the service was completed to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Cleaned our front and back gutters.

01/16/2015

David G.

Everything was done well. They did the work when I wasn't at home and took the debris with them.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for a gutter cleaning!

01/13/2015

Elizabeth A A.

It turned out fine. I haven't seen any more indications of leaks.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak in my roof.

12/18/2014

Stephen M.

I paid in advance for a gutter cleaning service from this contractor. At first they were very responsive. They contacted me the day I made the purchase, we exchanged several emails, and set up a date to have the service performed. I took off work to wait for them on the scheduled day. They never showed. No phone call, no email, nothing. I contacted them by email and they offered to reschedule. That's the last I have heard. They have made no attempt to contact me or reach out to make things right. I would not do business with this company.

Description of Work
The provider did nothing. They never showed up.

Rafael R.

I scheduled an appointment for the morning of 11/12/2014. The day of the appointment no one showed. I have sent several emails and left several voicemails and have not received a response for them yet. I requested a refund for the Big Deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $129 for Gutter and Roof Tune-Up Including Gutter Cleaning.

Jay G.

Charlie Catalfano was a pleasure to deal with. This company provides a quality experience from start to finish. I would use them again should the need arise.

Description of Work
Roof Repairs

James C.

They started work right on time. They found a piece of skylight flashing that was covering the downspout opening (the gutter had been overflowing in heavy rains). They closely inspected my skylights and verified that all of mine were intact, and looked at the neighbors' skylights that were visible from my roof to see if they could find missing flashing (nothing was cpvisible). They cleaned all my gutters, and visually inspected all of the roof tiles, downspouts, and vent pipe collars. After they completed their work, they took the time to go everything they found. Very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Cleaned all my gutters, inspected the roof including skylight flashing, checked that all the downspouts were clear.

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair,roofing,skylights