Garvey's Flooring America: Northumberland

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2010

1021 Point Township Dr

Northumberland, PA 17857

Garvey's has the flooring products that will enhance and beautify any area of your home, both indoors and out. Kitchens, bathrooms, patios, porches, sunrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, dens, playrooms, basements, around swimming pools or hot tubs, you name it...Garvey's can help you create the look you've always dreamed of....

01/26/2017

Cheryl W.

As I used Garvey's in the past and was completely satisfied I didn't look anywhere else when it came time to replace flooring again. There was some miscommunication in the beginning. I had hardwood, ceramic tile and carpet installed in almost my whole house. I had hardwood installed n my doing room and originally was going to have carpet in my TV room. I asked to hold on the carpet till I saw what the hardwood looked like. I asked for a quote on how much ore it would be and was given a quote which I thought he added to the price of the carpet and that was all had to come up with I addition to the carpet for hardwood. This misunderstanding meant that I had to come up with not only the additional amount(which is what I thought) but the amount for the whole TV room. I had to get the money as I only had enough to cover the quote I was given. I asked if the flooring could be ordered while got the money and was told NO. At this point I had already given them thousands of dollars. This put the work way behind schedule. After paying this much I thought they could at least order it. That said, the subcontractors they used were excellent. They were very professional and the work was done well. We were completely satisfied with the installation. The contractors and subcontractors were very good at what they do and cleaned up every day as well as giving us information that we didn't know. I would recommend Garvey's to my friends and family making sure to tell them to clarify on paper the total costs.

Description of Work
Replaced flooring in almost my whole house

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Dear [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate the feedback greatly! We strive to have 100% satisfaction and we apologize for the miscommunication and the inconvenience this caused. Although the salesperson would not have the authority to waive the deposit in your case, he could have gotten permission from the owners to do so. Our sales staff is instructed to go to a higher level for permission before saying NO but unfortunately this did not happen for you. We are very sorry about this! We would have gladly ordered the material in advance of your payment based on your history as a past customer. If you would like to speak with someone personally, our direct customer service number is 1-800-585-4321. We are honored to be invited into your home and we hope you will consider us again in the future. Your business is greatly appreciated by all of us here at Garvey's Flooring America. Sincerely, Christy Garvey

03/01/2016

Cindy H.

08/03/2014

Nicholas S.

Garvey's did a great job with both the sales and installation aspects of the job. Purchasing the carpet went well, do not be afraid to be assertive and tell the salesperson exactly what you want. They often have offers available to get you better pricing or upgrades. We were able to work with the salesperson and ended up with a good deal that gave us upgraded padding for free and a discount on the carpet because we were doing all the rooms with the same flooring. The installation was fantastic, the guys who put the carpet in worked extremely fast and did a great job. They were actually an independent contractor who does work for Garvey's. They left the area clean and explained any problems they ran into and how they solved the issue.

Description of Work
Garvey's installed carpet and pad in all of our upstairs bedrooms (4 rooms total, just under 1000 sq. feet)

07/30/2013

Joseph D.

Everything went smoothly! I couldn't have asked for better service from anyone! Garvey's gave us a free estimate, Helped us design and choose the right flooring Installed the products in a timely mannor We're elated at their work!

Description of Work
Garvey's came out to my house and gave me a free measurement for my great room and a my office. The sales people and the measurer were extremely kind and welcoming. My wife and I chose Garvey's over Lowes because of their reputation for customer service. We got a great deal on an area rug and carpet for our house and they even gave a 5% donation to my church after the total bill! The installers were fabulous and it was such an incredible experience over all. I'd definitely would recommend them to anyone else!

05/07/2013

Alyssa D.

I went to Garvey's when my husband and I decided to remodel our kitchen and I was so pleased with how everything went! We got brand new vinyl in our kitchen pluse we were able to put up a tile backslpash up as well. We were so pleased with the way we were treated by the salespeople, the measurer, and the installers! Their service was fabulous and it was so nice to see that a company isn't just all advertising, they actually stand by their word, their work, and their values (which were printed all over the store). We highly reccommend Garvey's Flooring America to everyone!

Description of Work
I went to Garvey's Spoke with saleswoman Got a Free Measurement Chose products that fit my budget Great Installation Service even after the sale

12/12/2012

Karl N.

I planned to visit Lowe's, then Garvey's, then Home Depot looking for laminate flooring and doing so on a budget. After shopping at all three, I was going to buy that day. Normally I would have shopped at only the larger stores, but a friend recommended Garvey's so I thought I would at least give them a try. After leaving Lowe's, I was a little dismayed thinking I would have to sacrifice either quality or price. My second stop was Garvey's in Northumberland, PA Salesperson, Jamie Bennett spent much time with me, showing me around the store and bringing out sample after sample while I compared style/price/color and quality. In the end she teamed up with the store owner and got me exactly what wanted and did so within my budget. It turned out that Garvey's was the last stop I needed to make. I am very pleased. I have more rooms to do in my current home and eventually floors a new home. I will be shopping for that flooring at Garvey's for sure.

Description of Work
Explaining the differences between types of flooring and eventually shoping to get me what I desired.

11/05/2012

SCOTT H.

The sales staff at Garvey's was very Knowledgeable and helpful in choosing my flooring. I must say though that the customer service staff was very Professional. Would recommend this company to all my friends. Great experience!!

Description of Work
Carpet, Hardwood, Tile Installation. The Installer's from Garvey's Carpet removed all the old flooring very quickly and were very professional. The Installers were very nice and explained in detail step by step what they were doing.

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Expert Hardwood

Thank you for considering Expert Hardwood. We offer flooring installation and refinishing to the residents of Harrsburg, Carlisle, Mechanicsburg, Hershey and surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide quality workmanship and dependable service to all of our customers. Give us a call today for more information.

Spicher Services

We specialize in flooring, handyman services, home repairs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Sales in Carpet, Tile, Vinyl, LVT, Hardwood, Laminate, All Flooring Installation, LIFETIME INSTALLATION WARRANTY, 24 hr Installation, and In-Home Shopping. We also service all New Construction, Commercial, Local Employers/Businesses, Realtors, and Churches in our area. We pride our business on Customer Satisfaction and Quality in Products and Services.

We offer all flooring services possible, and at the best price guaranteed.