Thomas Edison Electric Inc

With Angi since August 2011

Thomas Edison Electric is an award-winning leader in the electrical service industry. With over 150,000 homes and businesses served, we provide unrivaled world class service. Thomas Edison Electric’s greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our team of electricians and customer service representatives. We each take pride in our unique ability to surpass our clients’ expectations in the field of electrical service. Our experienced, insured and vetted, master- level electricians provide innovative electrical solutions you can trust. The principles that guide Thomas Edison Electric are excellence, honesty, timeliness, cleanliness and good manners. Thomas Edison Electric is a company where respected old-fashioned values come together with today’s technology to shine a light on your electrical concerns. What We Believe...... Electricity powers our lives. It is truly the lifeblood of our homes and businesses. Down-time is not an option today. Waiting around for an electrical service provider is also not an option today. Your own time is valuable and your electrical problem deserves immediate attention and successful resolution. Thomas Edison Electric is fortunate to have an exceptional team of talented professionals who share our core values. What We Do...... Thomas Edison Electric prides itself on delivering electrical solutions to your home and business when you need them. No matter the weather (and maybe because of the weather), Thomas Edison Electric is at your service. We are available for big or small projects, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our highly qualified team of licensed electricians quickly evaluates electrical problems. We immediately implement solutions the same day. Our fleet of trucks is fully stocked to meet your electrical needs. “ We deliver on our motto: You call today; we finish the job today!”” Our Commitment to You...... Thomas Edison Electric recognizes that your time is precious and that you should not have to wait around for service. If we are late, the service call is FREE, without exception or excuse. Thomas Edison electricians will provide you with an upfront written work-up of all charges to eliminate any surprises, prior to the commencement of work. We will begin the repair, installation or emergency service upon your approval of the proposed work. Our trucks are fully stocked and ready for incomparable service on our very first visit. We will leave your home or business spotless. You will never know we were there --- except that your electricity is functioning again. We truly value your business and will treat you and your property with the respect you deserve.

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Amenities

PA075449
All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Tracy R.
04/22/2023
Communication about our appointment & when they were arriving was fantastic. David showed up right on time. He was polite, extremely knowledgeable & fixed multiple issues that we were told by others could not be fixed. Extremely happy!
Description of Work
Separate part of outlet from wall switch & find power source to enable outlet on a kitchen island to function.
electrician

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, David is truly a gem to have on our team! We count ourselves lucky for clients like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future! Thank you for allowing us at Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot in your home here in Newtown, PA.
Keith W.
04/18/2023
Went great, my husband was very impressed with Eli and his knowledge.
Description of Work
Wiring issues with a GFI. Eli was great!
electrician

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to hear Eli provided you with excellent service! We pride ourselves on providing our clients with great service. Thank you for choosing Thomas Edison Electric to perform Minor Troubleshooting at your home here in Hamburg, PA!
Kathleen V.
04/16/2023
Jason did a great job. He found the problem and was able to fix it in a timely fashion.
Description of Work
Light blinking off and on.
electrician

Thank you so much for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, Jason is truly a gem to have on our team! Thank you for allowing us at Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot and install single pole switch in your home here in Seven Valleys, PA! We look forward to working with you again in the future!
Seiwoong O.
04/16/2023
Power went out on Sunday. Thomas Edison sent an electrician named Edward within an hour, who spent two hours to fix the problem. Very kind and friendly, he explained what he did. 😀Great service!
Description of Work
power out on parts of the house
electrician

Thank you for your lovely review! We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot in your home here in Newtown, PA!
Harris D.
04/16/2023
A very great company with excellent customer service and support. Very professional electricians and customer friendly. Would recommend this company to anyone who is in search of a great electrician.
Description of Work
Electrical work
electrician

Thanks for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us at Thomas Edison Electric to install a 20 Amp Romex Circuit Up to 25' in your home here in Walnutport, PA.
Lou M.
04/14/2023
The folks over at Thomas Edison Electric are awesome! Great communication and the electrician they sent out, Jason, was a really nice guy, very professional and did amazing work. If i ever need electrical work done again, I will definitely be calling Thomas Edison.
Description of Work
Added two 20 AMP circuits, one to the garage and one out into the backyard, with multiple weatherproof outlets
electrician

Thanks for leaving a review and mentioning our electrician, Jason. You’re right, he is the best! Thank you for allowing us at Thomas Edison Electric to complete multiple electrical projects in your home here in Sinking Spring, PA.
John B.
04/12/2023
The tech was GREAT and helped pick the best solution for my installation. He was done in less than 1.5 hours
Description of Work
I needed the junction box location for the oven moved to a different location.
electrician

Thank you for the positive rating and review! We appreciate your business. Thank you for allowing us at Thomas Edison Electric to Reroute Switch Leg or Feed Loop in your home here in Camp Hill, PA.
Marianne H.
04/10/2023
Courteous, prompt, conscious & truly care that the customer is satisfied. Have used before & will use again - this time for replacing various lights & a few outlets.
Description of Work
Several lights & outlets replaced.
lighting

Thank you so much for posting this 5 STAR review. All of us at Thomas Edison Electric are thrilled to know that we have accomplished our goal of making sure that you are completely satisfied with the service that we have provided to you. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us at Thomas Edison Electric to Install a Single Pole Switch and Hang a Client Supplied Ceiling Fixture in your home here in York, PA.
Kathy H.
04/07/2023
From the time I called till the time they were finished the job they were great.
Description of Work
I had 2 new lights installed outback on the garage.
lighting

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy our team provided you with excellent service. Thank you for allowing us at Thomas Edison Electric to Install Client Supplied Porch Light at Existing Location in your home here in Lansdale, PA.
Michael R.
04/05/2023
Excellent Service both in office and field. Tech was knowledgeable and hard working. Not intimated by difficult job. Concerned about safety and quality. Pricing is reasonable to scope of work. Very easy to work with.
Description of Work
Bathroom Fan, Attic Ventilation Fan, Vanity Light, Wiring, New Outlets and switches
electrician

Thank you very much! We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with our team and our services. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you. Thank you for allowing us at Thomas Edison Electric to Perform 200 Amp Upgrade, with 40 Circuit Panel and Breakers, 35' Seu Riser and Jumper, GFCI Receptacle in your home here in Morrisville, PA.
Melody S.
04/03/2023
We lost power around midnight on a Sunday night. Called Thomas Edison and they scheduled us for a service call within the hour. Stan, their electrician, came out promptly. He was knowledgeable, courteous and respectful to us and our property. He got the job done within an hour. We are up and running! Can recommend this company.
Description of Work
Electrical power restoration to our house.
electrician

Thank you for recommending our company. We are happy our electrician, Stan provided you with excellent service! We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot in your home here in Newtown. Thank you for choosing Thomas Edison Electric!
Bryant C.
04/02/2023
Stan was great, professional and arrived promptly in my emergency situation. He answered all my questions & assured me everything would be back up & running in no time. Awesome service! 👍
Description of Work
I needed the electrician to come out for a quote.
electrician

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled Stan provided you with excellent service! We pride ourselves on providing our clients with great service. Thank you for choosing Thomas Edison Electric to perform a Visual Safety Inspection for Reintroduction of Service in your home here in Philadelphia, PA!
D G.
03/31/2023
Although it was a little expensive, they were able to fix a problem that another electrician could not.
Description of Work
Outlets not working
electrician

Thank you for your lovely review. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Thomas Edison Electric! We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot and replace a single pole breaker in your home here in Downingtown.
Kang L.
03/31/2023
Customer service was really friendly and nice. Electrician knew exactly what he has to do and done great work. over all it was great experience. Also, after service was great too.
Description of Work
There was spark on my electric box, which needed to be replaced.
electrician

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to complete a panel upgrade with a grounding package in your home here in Lansdale. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.
James G.
03/28/2023
It is a pleasure to call an electric company and get instant response, same or next-day service, courteous scheduling, knowledgeable and professional workmanship and reasonable pricing.
Description of Work
Repair shorted circuit and move light switch.
electrician

Thank you for your lovely review. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Thomas Edison Electric! We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot and reroute a switch leg in your home here in New Hope.
Seanna W.
03/28/2023
Prompt. Friendly. Efficient. Answered my questions and was very able to fix my outlet! Would hire them again.
Description of Work
Outlet needed replaced. Also needed to check the wiring for my dishwasher.
electrician

Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate the opportunity and we're happy to hear that you were pleased with our service. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot and install a receptacle in your home here in Waynesboro. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have a need in the future!
Mallorie D.
03/28/2023
I called Thomas Edison for an electrical issue and also requested some outlets be replaced. All of the ladies I spoke with regarding scheduling were very kind, friendly, and helpful. I was surprised that they were able to send an electrician out that same day to take care of my issues. Cameron arrived promptly within the one hour time window I was provided. He was extremely courteous and had an absolutely infectious personality! He explained everything thoroughly and worked efficiently and quickly. Within an hour, all of my power was restored and the job was complete. Once Cameron left, I received a follow up phone call from the office to ensure that I was satisfied with my experience. I can't say enough good things about this company! Their customer service is above the bar and is so appreciated. If you're looking for a great electrical contractor, look no further!
Description of Work
Power restoration and electrical outlet replacement
electrician

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, Cameron is truly a gem to have on our team! We count ourselves lucky for clients like you. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot and replace receptacles in your home here in West Lawn. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.
Steve I.
03/27/2023
They were very prompt and professional. The electrician sent to my home grew up in a very similar house in the neighborhood and knew exactly were to look went it came to the wiring. He completed the job in a very professional manner and cleaned up when he was. I will have him back when I have my kitchen remodeled to rewire the service box to correct lingering issues from when the house was built in the late 1950's.
Description of Work
Outlet needed to moved to another location
electrician

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your rating and review. Feedback from clients like you is the best way for us to know if we’re meeting – and hopefully exceeding – our clients’. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to install a combo switch and replace a receptacle in your home here in Philadelphia.
JosephF H.
03/27/2023
Excellent service, very professional.
Description of Work
Outlets and switches
lighting

Thank you so much for posting the 5 STAR review. All of us at Thomas Edison Electric are thrilled to know that we have accomplished our goal of making sure that you are completely satisfied with the service that we have provided to you. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to install a single pole switch, install dimmer, and replace a receptacle in your home here in Bethlehem.
Margaret M.
03/24/2023
I had my bathroom light and heating fan fixture replaced.
Description of Work
Jason replaced my bathroom light and heating fan fixture. He was very courteous, professional and completed the job quickly. He even went above and beyond what I expected, as put the ladder which I had out away, and put the old unit out with the trash in my garage. I was very pleased with the service.
lighting

Thank you for your lovely review. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Thomas Edison Electric! Thank you for allowing us to replace your bathroom fan, heater and the light with the exhaust fan box.
Robert M.
03/21/2023
It was very easy to setup a next-day appointment with Edison. The technician was very polite, professional, and knowledgeable. He was able to quickly diagnose, find, and fix my problem, all while explaining what he was doing. And the price was very reasonable, too! I highly recommend Thomas Edison Electric and will be using them for any future work in my home.
Description of Work
They repaired a damaged electrical circuit.
electrician

Thank you for sharing your experience with our company! We are happy we were able to provide you with excellent service. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot in your home here in Easton. Thank you for choosing Thomas Edison Electric!
Milton A.
03/21/2023
Ed got here on time and gave me a good price.
Description of Work
I needed some light switches replaced.
electrician

Thank you for your lovely review. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Thomas Edison Electric! We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to install 2 single pole switches in your home here in Allentown.
Joe D.
03/20/2023
the team at Thomas Edison was quick, efficient and provided a quick resolution to my electrical issue with professional and courteous service. I will use them in the future.
Description of Work
i had a bad GFCI outlet that could have been a possible hazard repaired.
electrician

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out of your day to leave us this review. Our company values our client satisfaction as a top priority, and we are committed to our clients. Its clients like you that make our job wonderful. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot in your home here in Chalfont. We look forward to serving you again.
Travis M.
03/20/2023
Technicians were helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable
Description of Work
Breaker maintenance
electrician

Thank you for sharing your experience with our company! We are happy we were able to provide you with excellent service. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot and replace a thermostat in your home here in Wind Gap. Thank you for choosing Thomas Edison Electric!
John M.
03/18/2023
Tom the electrician did a great job, courteous, professional and answered all the questions that I had for him. On time and cleaned up area where he worked at.
Description of Work
I had electrical outlets in the kitchen(GFI's) that kept tripping
electrician

Thanks for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We truly appreciate you placing your trust in us, Thomas Edison Electric to troubleshoot and replace 2 receptacles, in your home here in Philadelphia.

Phone

12 Penns Trl

Newtown, PA 18940

Other Information

Services offered

Electrical work for your home or place of business

Services not offered

Appliance Repair Free Estimates Free Consulting

Covid-19 update

We are practicing the CDC recommendations. We are open 24/7 and healthy and ready to serve.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Payment options

American Express
Discover
MasterCard
Visa
Financing Available

FAQ

Thomas Edison Electric Inc is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

Thomas Edison Electric Inc is open:

Sunday: Open All Day

Monday: Open All Day

Tuesday: Open All Day

Wednesday: Open All Day

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

Thomas Edison Electric Inc accepts the following forms of payment: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

No, Thomas Edison Electric Inc does not offer free project estimates.

No, Thomas Edison Electric Inc does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, Thomas Edison Electric Inc offers a 10% senior discount.

Yes, Thomas Edison Electric Inc offers emergency services.

Yes, Thomas Edison Electric Inc offers warranties.

Thomas Edison Electric Inc offers the following services: Electrical work for your home or place of business

Appliance Repair Free Estimates Free Consulting

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Lotrean Contracting

(2)

Lotrean Contracting

Total house handy man that creates quality work and transformations with 30 years of experience. Starting with building supervisor to being owner-operated. Everything is fully insured and all jobs taking seriously.

We have 30 years of experience in all your electrical needs. Serving Bucks and Montgomery County Local small business, LLC, electrician. We Always provide Free Estimates! We take pride in being reasonable, reliable, and flexible! Family owned and operated Call Ray for all your electrical needs, from moving an outlet- to additions- to whole house rewires. No job is too big and No job is too small! We are Fully insured and registered in PA. We offer emergency services. We look forward to working with you! Please contact us for a quote!

Always Affordable Electric Inc. brings over 40 years of experience in electrical services to the greater Philadelphia area. Our customers are family. We prioritize safety, satisfaction, and honest pricing. We are fully licensed and insured. Always Affordable Electric Inc. services Philadelphia, Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, and surrounding areas. Our customers are family. We prioritize safety, satisfaction, and honest pricing. Our technicians are experienced in all phases of residential and light commercial electrical work. They are ready to quickly and accurately assess your electrical needs. We appreciate those that serve our community. To say thank you, Always Affordable Electric Inc. offers a 15% discount to military, first responders, nurses, teachers, places of worship, and senior citizens. All first-time customers are eligible for a 10% discount on their services. Offers cannot be combined. Always Affordable Electric Inc. is ready to provide you with quality work! Call us now at 215-927-1100 to schedule an appointment. You can also contact us via our website at www.alwaysaffordablepa.com by using our contact form. We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, cash, and local bank checks.