J & R Garage Door Company Inc

Founded 1964 • With Angi since December 2011

J & R Garage Door Company, Inc. is a locally owned and operated company in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, is the area's premier destination for garage door services, including installation, maintenance, & repair. We look forward to hearing from you!...

garage doors (26)door installation (3)

09/20/2020

Robert S.

very good. one professional and one helper

Description of Work
garage door opener, springs, pulley, wires and rollers

Category doors

Work Completed On 09/20/2020

10/20/2019

Marc G.

It went just as it should go. They were very nice, got me pricing quickly, and made an appointment within 1-2 weeks. The guy who did the work was very nice and did all the work needed.

Description of Work
Replacing bottom weatherstripping on two garage doors and overall adjustments.

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

08/14/2018

T H.

I'll be honest: if every company did what this company does, I never would have called Donna. However, every company DOESN'T even remotely compare to this one, so I NEEDED to call Donna. We have a home warranty that requires us to use their contractors. When our garage door spring broke, we called "the other guys" (the warranty contractor) who begrudgingly came out at the end of the day on a Friday. The tech said he'd have to order the springs, which would take over a week, and that "they'd be in touch". Five days later, I had heard nothing, so I called these "other guys" to find out when they would be coming back. They informed me they would not install torsion springs and that I was out of luck. Furious and frustrated, I called the warranty company, who stated that "no one within a 30 mile radius installs torsion springs" (?!) and that I'd have to find my own contractor. Lucky me to have Angie's List and to have found J & R! Donna at J&R had someone at my home in no time THE SAME DAY without even asking her to do so. She even took down the part information and had him pick up the springs on the way so there would be no more waiting or guesswork. AND, after I explained the whole sordid tale of the warranty contractor and all the extra work the J&R tech would have to do (call the warranty company from my garage to tell them the spring was broken and how much the repair would cost), Donna said SHE would handle everything with the warranty company AND mail the bill to us so we did not have to pay right away. Carl from J&R arrived promptly and made the job look easy. He was pleasant and super knowledgeable (turns out, his name is on the truck -- he's been doing this work for over 30 years!) and had the job done in under 30 minutes. (So much for "OVER A WEEK" from that other company!) I'd call Donna and Carl again to install or fix ANY door in my home -- they have been WONDERFUL to deal with! And by the way, when the warranty company called to tell me the job was approved, the operator praised me for "finding such a good deal"! J&R even impressed the home warranty company who deals in these types of repairs daily!

Description of Work
Broken torsion spring on garage door rendered it inoperable

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

01/12/2018

Catherine S.

After my calling in late afternoon, J&R scheduled a technician for the next morning. He diagnosed the problem: the gears in the motor were stripped. He replaced the gears and the door is working great. Prompt, friendly, expert, and informative. J&R does great work! Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Fixing garage door

Work Completed On 01/03/2018

01/02/2018

Karen S.

Replaced quickly and with little expense.

Description of Work
Cable on garage door broke.

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

01/01/2018

Carol G.

Great work

Description of Work
Had new capping put on around garage door

Work Completed On 11/24/2017

09/17/2017

Catherine S.

When I called the office, the person who answered first tried to help me over the phone to determine whether I could fix the door myself and avoid a service call. When that turned out not to be the case, she scheduled a service call. The work was done expertly and the technician also took time to explain how to maintain the door.

Description of Work
Garage door was stuck due to pulley device sliding over bolt at end of track.

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

07/12/2017

Dorothea H.

I cannot say enough good things about J and R. Donna came out to my home to give me an estimate. She was very friendly and professional. When the installer came out he was professional and worked with my schedule. He had to install new tracks therefore he worked all day. I would use them again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
I needed a new garage door my old door was falling apart.

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

06/10/2017

John W.

The price was better than I expected. The results were excellent! I have recommended J & R to neighbors.

Description of Work
We had an 8' wide garage door and a 2' wide side door replaced with a 10' garage door. This required changes to the framing and new capping.

Work Completed On 06/10/2017

08/05/2015

Catherine H.

It was perfect.

Description of Work
They installed an overhead garage door opener.

Work Completed On 08/05/2015

06/22/2015

James Michael J.

Description of Work
Replaced broken Garage Door opener and added outside keyboard

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

05/20/2015

Timothy M.

We had a great experience with J & R. Jack, the owner, came out for the original sales call. He was right on time, very friendly, and he had a wealth of knowledge on various options for doors for us. The process went very smoothly with the office staff, and they kept us informed on the status of our door order and estimated installation date, which also turned out to be right on time. Working with the non-standard dimensions of an 88-year old garage, the installation required some extra thinking and work in order to achieve a working finished product with correct clearances in all directions, etc. Everything worked out great, and now 6 months after installation, we are still very happy with how it all turned out. The only glitch occurred when they were installing some of the finish, decorative hardware. One piece wasn't installed quite correctly. I called to inform them, and they immediately re-ordered a new piece and had it fixed right away. Again, we're very pleased with the work they did, and as a company, they were professional and extremely nice people to work with. I would highly recommend J & R.

Description of Work
J & R installed two new doors on our circa-1926 detached garage. We had already removed the original, barn-style sliding doors, and J & R came in and installed new overhead doors with automatic openers.

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

04/11/2015

Evan R.

Great. My garage door opener broke. Called them, came out right away and fixed it.

Description of Work
Fixed garage door opener.

Work Completed On 03/31/2015

06/30/2014

Kenneth C.

Arrived on time and the installation went well with no problems.

Description of Work
Furnished and installed garage door opener.

Work Completed On 06/19/2014

03/26/2014

Catherine S.

It is a nice door. It has windows. I liked how informative the guy was. They actually came out when they said they would. It was everything you would want in a company. When they first came out they said that the starter was fine and that I should wait until it went out before replacing it, which I agreed. When they came out to install the door they called me at work and told me that the starter had started sparking so they kicked in a keypad for no charge and gave me a discount on the starter which I thought was pretty nice. I know that they didn't do anything to the starter that it was just it's time to go. I could tell that they felt awful about it. It is good to find good people.

Description of Work
I used J and R Garage Door Company to install a garage door and a starter about 6 months ago.

Work Completed On 10/09/2013

12/24/2013

Mark G.

I am a general contractor who have been using Jand R for many years. They have the best value out there. Their pricing, product and service combination cannot be beat. They keep their word, solve problems well and do a great overall job. You should use them or at least given them serious consideration when needing overhead door service and installation!

Description of Work
Installed garage door openers

Work Completed On 11/03/2013

07/23/2013

Leigh M.

Came out the next day and was very prompt. The men were nice and respectful as well as knowledgeable. Also gave advice to avoid future problems. Good experience. Would not hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
Fixed Garage door: replaced cables and springs, got rid of rust and oiled it.

Work Completed On 07/23/2013

07/10/2013

Susan P.

A very pleasant experience, from the sales man, to the office person and the installers.

Description of Work
Replaced two garage doors and installed garage openers on both doors.

Work Completed On 07/08/2013

05/22/2013

Kathy Z.

They were on time, had everything they needed. Were very quick, cleaned up and the price was exactly what was quoted. Also they helped me move boxes back into garage.

Description of Work
Removed broken garage door, hung new rails and installed a new door also capping around door.

Work Completed On 04/25/2013

04/01/2013

Byron R.

Solid, reliable, friendly local business that did exactly what they promised.

Description of Work
Double-wide 15+ year old garage door failed to open one morning. Returned call within a few hours, quickly established problem with existing garage door, recommended several options, order parts and replaced existing hardware to have door operational again 2 days later.

Work Completed On 01/15/2013

11/06/2012

William D.

We were having a problem with our garage door opener. We could hear the motor running but the door would not open or close. We call Jand R. The arrived at our house at the time promised. They fixed the door at a very reasonable price. We would certainly use their services again.

Description of Work
our garage door opener was fixed.w

Work Completed On 11/06/2012

04/27/2012

Mary M.

They arrived within the quoted time window, quick, efficient and did the job well. I used them 3 years ago, hence the call back.

Description of Work
Replaced cable on garage door.

Work Completed On 04/12/2012

04/06/2012

Victoria C.

Jand F installed our original garage doors, almost 20 years ago; continue to maintain; replaced doors once; service call answered promptly!

Description of Work
Replaced garage door spring. Adjusted door opener. Replaced garage door bottom weather stripping.