Rafferty Subaru

Founded 1977 • With Angi since October 2011

4700 West Chester Pike

Newtown Square, PA 19073

Additional phones - (888) 711-0779 (888) 445-9821. Additional hours - Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-9:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Cost is determined by the job....

12/23/2021

Annette D P.

I go there for sales and service. They have pair price. I would not trade this dealership.

Description of Work
I maintained my car there.

12/28/2020

Barbara S.

It was excellent. They were courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
They did car service for me.

10/13/2017

Deborah S.

I have a Subaru. My Subaru is past 10 years old and I still go there. They might be a little more expensive than other people, but they know what they’re doing. You never have to wait there. You get an appointment time and that’s when they do it.

Description of Work
They provided auto service.

07/20/2017

Annette D P.

Oil change was free. I've been with them for almost 15 years, so they must be great. Every time I need a car that's where I go buy it from.

Description of Work
They performed an oil change.

03/21/2017

gregory M.

This dealership is close to my residence and I purchased a new vehicle here. I will not purchase another vehicle here.

Description of Work
New vehicle purchase.

11/03/2016

Jane J.

The body shop was excellent and they have express service for the oil change and they did a good job. They are fine.

Description of Work
Body shop and an oil change.

03/23/2015

Keith M.

I purchased a car through ebay that they inspected and had maintained for the last 50k miles for $5200. I drove 500 miles to pick it up and came home trusting that it was in good condition. Took it to my local dealer for state inspection it didn't pass and needed over $3000 of repairs to get it to pass and a non functional sunroof that cost $1500 to repair. They were completely non responsive. Not disclosing known repairs is completely unethical and fraudulent. If you must buy from here, make sure you take the car to a third party for inspection prior to purchase, but I would simply recommend staying away from this pack of liars.

Description of Work
Sold me a car for $5200 that needed $4700 worth of repairs.

11/14/2014

Edward J. M.

We chose them because they were just close in our area to buy it. The cost of their service is fair. Some things come back and some things do not seem to be resolved. I do not know if that is them or us. They are good with responsiveness and they are professional.

Description of Work
We usually use a dealer for our cars. We have a Subaru so we go to Rafferty. We went there the last time because I think there was a problem with alignment that they were looking at. They do preventative maintenance.

07/21/2014

Benjamin S.

I would not recommend them to anybody because they overcharge on every single thing they do. I had no issues with their service.

Description of Work
Rafferty Subaru replaced a left front axle for me.

06/09/2014

DAVID H.

I go back for service and I am happy with the level of service.

Description of Work
Rafferty Subaru replaced the front bumper and did a coalition repair.

Category auto body repair,auto repair

02/27/2014

Julie W.

Did not go well. Price quoted on the internet was different at dealership. Felt like the whole deal was based on mistrust. Very condescending to women. Had an attitude that was belittling and smug. Sales person could not speak without manager approval. Lots of wasted time. Said they located a car, then had to order it. More time wasted. Should have had certain options, but it didn't . Took aver three hours to purchase the car once it arrived. Contacted Subaru Corp. who resolved all my problems. Subaru Corp. is wonderful. Do not deal with Rafferty. It is not about YOU, as their advertisement said.

Description of Work
Purchased a new subaru

09/26/2013

GARY M.

This is the third time the car has been there for the same issue. They keep replacing the fuse but don't yet know the reason it keeps burning out. I had no issues for the first 10 years I owned the car. It was in an accident a year ago, and this is a result of the accident, but I really would like to find out what is at the root of the problem so I don't have to keep returning every few months for the same repair. It doesn't take a long time, and it's not terribly expensive, but it's a nuisance. I will go back to the other driver's auto insurance and let them know of the ongoing issue.

Description of Work
Replaced a burned-out fuse in a headlight.

07/29/2013

William K.

They have been top notch in taking care of my car. I follow through with all the regular maintenance checks and services needed. I have been very satisfied with their services.

Description of Work
I purchased my car at this lot and I have had all of my service work performed here.

07/03/2013

Mary H.

It is a dealer service so they will do the right thing. It is not cheap but it is dependable and reliable. They are not more expensive than others.

Description of Work
We use Rafferty Subaru for one of our cars. My husband last had a state inspection and they found some things that had to be fixed.

Category auto repair,car inspections

05/08/2013

Holenarasipur R.

I thought their price was reasonable, they're generally okay. I always go there because they are the dealer where I got the car and they have generally been good. When I want something done on my car, I don't go to anybody else, I go only to them.

Description of Work
I had body work done at the dealer, Rafferty Subaru around two years ago.

Category auto body repair

04/30/2013

Anthony P.

It was an awesome experience; very pleasurable. They were courteous. The name of the person I used was Andre. The salesperson in general was very good. There was no rush or pressure. They actually called me back. The price was reasonable. I shopped around and their price was the lowest. The quality was very good.

Description of Work
I just bought a car from Rafferty Subaru. I have actually leased the car from them.

02/02/2012

Irene F.

I have had many positive experiences at Rafferty Subaru. when I am in the market for a new car I will likely be buying from them.

Description of Work
I have gone to Rafferty in the past 2007 to 2009 for car care services, oil changes, inspections, etc... They were fairly priced and their service is good. They have a nice waiting room as well, and free coffee. :) I went to them in 2009 looking to purchase a new car, they were helpful then and discussed many options with me. I ultimately did not purchase from them, but not due to their services. I went back again in 2011 just to take a look a what they had available for the new year. I mentioned I was interested but not in the market at the moment. They were respectful of that and not pushy trying to get me to buy.

Category auto repair,car sales,car inspections

10/13/2011

Elek F.

He's been very satisfied with his experiences here. Everyone from the salespeople to the maintenance crew is very helpful and accommodating.

Description of Work
My husband purchased a new car here. Last week, he got in a minor accident and took it back to the dealership for repair.

08/04/2009

james L.

They were great to work with. They have a very great inventory and a wonderful showroom. The sales men were not high pressure. They took the time to explain things and help to get me into the right car for me. I like that I can have all of my servicing done at the facility. The waiting room is comfortable. I had a very pleasant experience working with Rafferty Subaru.

Description of Work
I just purchased my Subaru from Rafferty Subaru.

05/07/2009

Annmarie W.

My experience was good. The sales person was able to give me all the information I needed before I bought the car. The price was comparable and I did check a couple of places before I bought it. I knew what I wanted, but I don't think they had a big selection of colors. The car is fine and I haven't had any problems with it. I love my car.

Description of Work
I bought my car from the auto sales company five years ago.

04/25/2009

Robert E S.

They are very courteous, thorough and professional. They are very customer friendly. Their waiting area is very nice, clean and well maintained. They have a coffee and tea machine in there. This makes the waiting more pleasant. Their price is not very cheap.

Description of Work
I take my vehicle to Rafferty Subaru for service.

Category car inspections

03/01/2009

JAMES H.

In the early afternoon, Rafferty Subaru called and said that the Radiator had a blockage and that was why it was running hot. They further said that the headgasket needed to be replaced because it was leaking externally. They quoted a price of $2,800 to complete this work. I said I would pick the car up that afternoon and think about their quote. They did not repair/replace the seatbelt because they had to order the part after verifying what I told them on Tuesday. I took the car to an independent mechanic. He told me the radiator was ~1 gallon low on coolant and he could find no evidence of a blockage. He could find no evidence of a head gasket leak either. He did find that the temperature sensor was reading 25 degrees hotter than actual. He replaced the sensor and filled the radiator. A full week after my initial visit with Rafferty, they contacted me to tell me the part was in. The next weekend they replaced the seatbelt for no charge in accordance iwth federal law. I find the fact that a dealer let me drive out of their shop a gallon low on coolant to be negligent. That they misdiagnosed the problem and recommended expensive service for the car is evidence of either incompetence or fruad. I would not recommend service at this dealer.

Description of Work
I called on a Tuesday to schedule repair of a malfunctioning seatbelt. It was fully retracted and locked in that position. When I took the car for the scheduled service on Saturday morning, I asked if they would look at the engine, as it was running hot. The engine wa snot overheating, but I had to run the heat on hot, and could regulate the temperature by running the fan.

Category radiator service

10/04/2008

JOSE P.

I got price quotes from 4 other dealers. Rafferty came close to the lowest price quote that I had received (I did not buy from the dealer with the lowest quote because the salesman who gave me that quote failed to follow up despite my repeated attempts to contact him). The Raffert salesman Andrew was friendly, professional and responsive. The buying experience was smooth. The only negative was that I did not get the price they had promised for my trade-in. They asked for a lower price after I got there (compared to what I had been promised on the phone). I feel that I should have got more for my trade-in based on the blue book value.

Description of Work
I bought a Forrester from them.

03/11/2008

SYLVIA S.

I will continue to use this company. The cost is an average oil change/fluid check. They also do free emissions testing when you have your inspection done with them which saves about $20.00.

Description of Work
They do regular tune ups on my Subaru.

01/06/2008

RONALD R.

The cars have had manufacturing defects. The service techs have on rare occasion made an error. Every issue has been responded to with competence, professionalism an "concrete" response for my loss of time. Ninety seven percent of the time the service is done right the first time. For scheduled service they have always provided a loaner car.

Description of Work
This is my third WRX from Rafferty. The sales and service people are thoughtful, effective and without exception seem to like both what they do for a living and where they do it. There has never been any sales pressure or deceptive practices. Since I have been driving I have purchased at least 30 vehicles. Rafferty set a consistently high standard in how they treat both their customers and employees as evidenced by the low personnel turnover rate. I did a lot of shopping, both on line and in person before each purchase. Each time Rafferty made the best deal by at least $400.00.