D & K Appliance Sales & Service

Founded 1960 • With Angi since December 2011

3551 W Chester Pike

Newtown Square, PA 19073

Since 1954, D& K Appliance Sales & Service has served the Delaware County, Chester County & Montgomery County PA area with a commitment to providing value, service, and all of the appliances customers want and need. Throughout our history, our main goal has remained the same. This commitment means we work harder and smarter than our competition. We are at the forefront of the appliances industry and offer our customers the latest services, technology, and information available. In addition, we can customize any project to meet your specifications. We guarantee to work hard to make sure you are completely satisfied....

12/28/2019

Richard B.

They did a fine job. Took a couple of times for them to come out to isolate the problem and they did get it fix.

Description of Work
Washing repair.

08/23/2018

Robert and Kimberly W.

I was thoroughly impressed! They sent Brian out to my home. He was very professional, and extremely knowledgeable. Brian called first, to let me know he was on his way. He very quickly diagnosed the problem, resolved it, and gave me tips on what I can do to prevent it from happening again. He cleaned up carefully, leaving the area cleaner than before he worked there. I will definitely use D&K Appliances for all my repairs in the future. I didn't know there were still companies with this kind of expertise still around!

Description of Work
Repair of dishwasher

08/21/2017

David K.

Their labor cost about $100 and the part for my fridge was about $150.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired the controller board inside the refrigerator.

05/22/2017

Nancy K.

Fine. I bought a microwave from them. They were close by. They arranged to have it installed.

Description of Work
GE Microwave

Category appliance sales

09/05/2015

NANCY O.

The clothes dryer was so old that it was not possible to locate the necessary part(s) to repair it. I purchased a new gas dryer from D & K Appliances on Saturday and it was delivered and installed on Tuesday. It was necessary to partially dismantle the old broken dryer and to remove the entry door from its hinges in order to remove the old dryer. The installation of the new machine involved a new flexible hose and some manipulation of the dryer venting apparatus. Before the dryer was delivered, the washing machine broke down and was deemed not worth repairing. I returned to D&K Thursday (2 days after the dryer was delivered and installed) to purchase a washing machine. The price was in-line with other options (Lowe's, Home Depot, Sears) and D & K was able to deliver the machine soonest. The sales transaction took very little time and the machine was delivered Tuesday. Removing the broken washing machine was easier than removing the broken dryer had been and the old washing machine was taken out intact and with the entry door still on its hinges. When I ran the washing machine the first time I noted water under the machine and called D&K just a couple of hours after the installation. It was arranged for one of their service staff to stop at my house on his way home the same day. A couple of hours later he arrived and investigated the area. He identified the leak was coming from the plumbing under the wash tub into which the washing machine drained and he was not able to effect any repair since the washing machine was not the source of the water leak. I contacted a plumber and the leaking pipe was replaced. I have since done several loads of laundry and have had no problems with my new washer and dryer. All staff were professional, personable and friendly. I recommend D&K Appliance Sales and Service.

Description of Work
I purchased a clothes dryer from D & K Appliances and the next week returned to the showroom to purchase a washing machine. The appliances were delivered as scheduled and installed, the old machines were removed.

09/04/2015

Catherine C.

The details are written above. The bottom line is that we believe that we are entitled to a new machine; but D K claims that GE demands that it be repaired under its warranty. Given that a dishwasher, double ovens, and refrigerator (in addition to this washer/dryer combination) were purchased by us from D K, I believe that they could and should give us a new machine--or refund our money.

Description of Work
We purchased a General Electric "stack" washer/dryer combination from D K Appliances. It was one of several appliances purchased by our kitchen renovation designer (therefore I cannot tell you the exact price). On the fourth use, the washer would not spin. Our designer arranged for the GE repairman to come today; he diagnosed that the drain pump is faulty, and that perhaps the motor is also. He had neither part on his truck and wanted to schedule the repair for next Friday (one week later). He suggested that he might be able to expedite shipment (which he couldn't) and that I should try to do the same. I refused. Just minutes ago, a representative from D K called to say that the pump is available and to schedule the repair. Since it is a holiday weekend, we won't have a washer until Tuesday--and only then if the motor is indeed working!

04/07/2015

Angela H.

In researching and visiting multiple showrooms I decided to go with D&K for my purchase based on reviews and knowledge of staff on the floor. Transaction went seamlessly through first install. Very professional team all the way around. Unfortunately the fridge was dead on arrival which happens. In calling for follow up they went the extra mile to try and get a replacement to me before Christmas. The replacement arrived on a much lesser vehicle which was not covered in the pouring rain. Rather than bring the fridge directly in back as the other team had done, this team decided to unwrap flat on my wood porch in front of house and transport back to truck and then into back of house. Not sure if this action was the culprit but while my fridge worked tis time the finish was a bit screwy on top front doors, one of which required replacement. There was also a visible dent on one side but let that go. Again, D&K was quick to follow up and order replacement. Unfortunately when the tech arrived to install a couple of weeks later it was the wrong color. Flash forward another couple of weeks later new door was installed. It has a small defect at bottom and finish is a bit wonky on other door but am going to live with it. I now have an issue with the dryer I purchased which was told they had not had a service call yet on the brand. However when I called today as it is leaving grey streaks on my clothing they do not actually provide service and referred me to another company. This raised an eyebrow on my part as how would he have known there were no service calls if they do not service the brand, but they may have been tracking people who called in.

Description of Work
I purchased a fridge, washer, dryer and microwave in December. 3 service calls on fridge. 1 on dryer.

11/12/2014

Roger L.

Used Angie's List for repair service recommendation. Professional on phone when I made initial contact. Appointment available within the next day for repairman to come and determine problem with oven (oven was not heating). Came when they said he would. He was friendly and professional. He did not have the part on his truck but made a call while he was here to determine when the part would be available. He came back two days later and installed the part. At the same time, he also replaced the broken hinge on the oven door. Would also like to point out that Dand K is local to our home; we like to use local businesses. Will definitely call Dand K again should we need repair work. We are completely satisfied with them.

Description of Work
Replaced the thermostat in Dacor wall oven. Also replaced broken door hinge.

10/03/2014

Mark J.

Scheduling was fine and they were on-time. They seemed competent. Communication was fine with them.

Description of Work
They helped us install our front-load Whirlpool washer.

05/13/2014

Walter & Lolita Y.

So far the washer is working well.

Description of Work
Our washing machine was supposedly damaged by a flood. We called someone to fix it and he diagnosed that the motor and motherboard were damaged and had to be replaced. We did not want to use him to fix it as we subsequently found that he had an F rating on Angie's. We called DK Appliances and Mike came promptly as promised the next day at noon. He ran the machine and a diagnostic and found absolutely nothing wrong with the machine and only charged us for the service call. From now on we will only call D&K for any appliances problem. Mike is very professional and spent the time to check the washer thoroughly to make sure there was no other problem. Thank you D&K

House Appliance Repairs

We Repair and Service all Home Appliances. Request a FREE Quote through our web site or phone/text and one of our highly trained technicians will get back to you with a detailed estimate of what to expect to spend on parts and labor, and advise on how to move forward. Our First Time Customers get a $25 Coupon towards Service Call or Repair Bill. Also for our regulars, we have created a Loyalty Program, so every 5th visit you get a Free Service Call or $75 towards repair.

Bear Service LLC

Bear Service specializes in Electrical, Appliance Repair and HVAC work. With over 20 years experience we are confident in our ability to resolve your Electrical and Appliance Repair challenges. (484) 202-3594 Call today! We service Chester County, Delaware County and surrounding areas.

Offers by Bear Service LLC on Angi
    A Call Away Appliance Repair Services

We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity and quality work. We strongly believe in giving our absolute best in all of our projects no matter how big or small. We are experts in our trade and will always keep you educated on your particular task or project. WE ARE JUST A CALL AWAY at (267) 325-4934 and look forward to earning your business.

Appliance Sales & Repair.