Mold Men of Pittsburgh

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2012

938 Constitution Blvd

New Kensington, PA 15068

Mold Men of Pittsburgh is a full service mold remediation company that specializes in the removal and the assessment of mold. We are certified through the professional mold inspection institute. We service the greater Pittsburgh and greater western Pennsylvania marketplace. Also, we are certified

08/17/2020

Margaret T.

This was absolutely excellent! From the initial estimate to the final project completion, everyone was professional and hard-working! I certainly recommend them. We even got an Angie's List discount as this is where we found them. Thank you Mold Men!

Description of Work
Mold Removal

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

08/01/2019

Michael V.

Everything was done on time and just as contracted for. The workers were both pleasant and professional. Matt Davis was very easy to work with.

Description of Work
mold remediation in basement

08/27/2018

Brian M.

I messaged them through Angie’s List and they didn’t respond. I was able to have another company resolve the issue.

Description of Work
Mold inspection and remediation

07/22/2018

marge K.

I love this company. It is a family owned company and all they do is mold remediation (removal), restoration. Set up an appointment to get estimate immediately after requesting their services on Angies List. Owner went over an examined all areas of mold on walls, etc., Sent me an extremely detailed estimate in a timely fashion and I was exceptionally pleased with the final cost for all the work to be done. Then I set up date for service to be done. Work done was much better than I imagined. Much more than just removing the mold. An eight step process is performed which includes wash and clean the air of all infected areas. More than pleased after the job was done. Followup was done with owner. Id hire them without question.

Description of Work
Mold Removal in several areas in my basement.

06/08/2018

David D.

Matt and team at the Mold Men went above and beyond the call of duty to help us with mold remediation for a bank owned home that we purchased. The bank insisted on paying the Mold Men from funds held in escrow and would only do so after the work was done. The team did a wonderful job remediating the mold. They were timely and professional. They cleaned up perfectly after each day. The job was done right. The bank was delayed in paying the Mold Men and they handled the situation with an incredible amount of professionalism with an eye on customer service. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Mold remediation of basement and bedroom

03/16/2018

Jess C.

Came out and gave an estimate within two days of my phone call and did the work the next week. Worker was on-time and super friendly and professional. The work was done quick and well. Cannot recommend them enough.

Description of Work
Mold/Mildew on Cinderblock wall in unfinished basement

03/05/2018

Rishi M.

Came on time and upmfront with cost. Did test and didn’t need remediation. Friendly service. Was a little more expensive up front but liked the reviews.

Description of Work
Evaluate basement for mold

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

01/30/2018

Matthew N.

Matt was great. He agreed to come to our house early one day to look at the mold assessment. It had snowed, and he promptly removed his boots and came in to look at the areas we were concerned about. He was polite and informative, and basically told us that we were likely only dealing with surface mold and that we should just keep it clean and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse. I appreciated his honesty and his ability to articulate exactly what he was thinking and what we should do. I'm thankful that it doesn't look like we have a serious problem, but if things change, I know I'll call Mold Men. Thanks!

Description of Work
Mold Assessment

11/09/2017

mark S.

Matt and his crew did great work at a reasonable price. They are a great company.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

10/11/2017

Matthew G.

Communication and punctuality were great. Matt was straightforward and concise and didn't try to upsell me anything I didn't need. Crew that came out was professional and very friendly. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Mold remediation in my basement

09/06/2017

Lucy W.

They did an excellent job. No complaints and all the mold was remediated.

Description of Work
Test the home for mold. Remove and treat areas affected by mold.

05/03/2017

Laura R.

Great - they answered the phone, first call. I made the appointment - they arrived in time, and gave the estimate within 48 hours. I scheduled the removal appointment - again, on time and clean (they sealed the area off, and cleaned afterward).

Description of Work
A leak, in a basement pipe, caused mold to form on my drywall.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

04/11/2017

Rena M.

Our newly purchased house has a musty smell. I called Mold Men and they responed promptly and came in 3 days. Matt checked the whole house and attic, he did not see the visible mold and suggest me to get other air duct cleaning service to clean the air which sounds the appropraite solution. I smelled the musty smell in attic and told him it might have roof leak. He could easly agreed with me and told me the attic need to be treated. But he said no sign of mold. So I think the company is trustful

Description of Work
Inspect the mold in the house

04/03/2017

Jordan G.

I highly recommend Mold Men! Mike was great and easy to work with! He came right out to my home to run tests and provided thorough explanation of services recommended based on laboratory findings. I was able to schedule service within in a few days! The workers were very profession and kind. They explained everything to me and did exactly what they planned. The whole thing took 2.5 days to complete and we're very pleased with the results! The basement is mold free and ready to finish!

Description of Work
I had previous water damage that resulted in mold growth. I needed paneling and ceiling ripped out and the whole area treated.

01/02/2017

Deena A.

A two-man crew completely gutted my basement, threw out the damaged materials into a dumpster, and professionally remediated the mold. They left no trace of it behind! They did an excellent and extremely thorough job. They left my basement in pristine condition! The crew was completely professional the whole time and just very nice people in general. I highly recommend this company to take care of any mold remediation needs you may have. Their pricing is fair, and their level of professionalism unmatched. They will do the job right the first time. They will do it thoroughly, and it will be as if the mold had never even been in your home! They are THAT GOOD! When they left, my basement smelled clean and fresh for the first time in years! If I ever have a need for this service ever again in my life, there is no one else I would call. MOLD MEN OF PITTSBURGH is the BEST at what they do! I am very happy I found them. You will be happy, too.

Description of Work
I hired Mold Men of Pittsburgh in April 2015 to do mold remediation in the basement of a house I inherited in New Castle, PA. The basement had been partitioned with drywall, wallpaper, and wood paneling, which I nicknamed "The Mold Buffet." The whole basement needed to be gutted to get rid of the mold-ridden materials. It was a big job, since it's a fairly large basement. (A pipe had been leaking inside an old basement closet for years, and no one knew! Glad I got that fixed.) I interviewed people from 7 different companies before choosing Mold Men of Pittsburgh. They had an attention to detail that was above and beyond any of the other companies. And their pricing was fair and very reasonable compared to a few other estimates I received. When they initially sent a guy to my house to do an inspection and give me an estimate, their guy was the ONLY one who actually walked the outside perimeter of my house, even going behind thick bushes to make sure he could do a thorough inspection. He discovered some groundhog holes that needed to be filled. None of the other people had found those holes. I was impressed with this attention to detail! (You obviously do NOT want water sitting in holes adjacent to your house! I was grateful that he found this problem, so I could fix it.)

11/26/2016

Sanjeev B.

They were amazing. I actually had a bad experience trying to get quote for the work from another company that does mold remediation. On a whim I saw that Angie's List and they had a credit of $200 and just largely absolutely positive reviews and so I contacted them the next day. It was really an emergency situation, so they came out and did an assessment that was for much less than what the other company was going to do the work for. They also were just much more professional, very respectful and necessarily that wasn't an issue with the other company, but I was looking back at how they did me, and then once I had my home serviced and the work had took place after the work. They were above and beyond what we had paid for.

Description of Work
I found them online and between one and two days they did some mold remediation in my basement.

09/08/2016

L K.

I was on a tight schedule, so timing was essential. Mike and Nate started and completed the project as scheduled. They arrived each day as promised. They were courteous to me and respectful of my property. The insulation was removed and the mold treated effectively. So the project went well and I was pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Attic mold remediation and crawl space insulation removal.

07/21/2016

Diane S.

Terrible. If you don't read any further- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! We hired them to removed the mold from our attic. Which wasn't done with first try, they had to come out twice. That was not the problem. I asked the service man to cover the carpet and he said "no it's all good". Well it wasn't. They dripped their bleaching solution all over my upstairs landing and all down our stairs. The operations manager did come out a day later apologized took pictures for their insurance and agreed that the entire floor would need re-carpeted since it was all one piece of carpet and promised to make it right. Well because the bleaching solution had to do with mold removal the insurance company denied their claim. Wait isn't their business mold removal?! This is something they should be insured against correct? They actually suggested that we file the claim against our homeowners insurance and take the hit. I had several quotes for new carpet and the lowest was $7000. The owner is obviously not concerned with making sure his clients houses are not ruined and when they are he does not care. He offered us a $600 discount on our bill for their services Which is insulting because it does not even come close to covering the $7000 in damage they did to my home. Please don't make the same mistake that we did CHOOSE ANYONE ELSE. Do not use them, if they ruin your home they will not make it right, you will be screwed. I do want to note it is now the end of July and they came in May. We gave them ample time to fix this. We will be filling with the BBB and suing them. They are a terrible company and we don't want this to happen to anyone else. BE WARNED !!!!!

Description of Work
Attic mold removal

03/24/2016

David & Diana S.

The 2 person crew (Mike & Nate) did an outstanding job from start to finish. The 8 step process that they use is very thorough and insures that all Mold is removed and any sigh of mold stains are also removed. They were very careful to cover all walking areas leading to the attic and clothes in the walk-in closet. We were very satisfied with the end result, great job.

Description of Work
Mold remediation in attic to remove all mold and mold stains.

03/09/2016

David L.

We were able to schedule an appointment quickly. Mike went through all the different scenarios and solutions but suggested we take an air quality test first. He performed the test on the spot. He called us with the results immediately - no mold!! We had other companies come out and thought Mold Men were by far the best. We would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
We called Mold Men because we thought we might have a mold issue in our bedrooms.

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

02/08/2016

AMY M.

Wonderful. Came in at 9:30 am, left before three. Protective covering everywhere. Treatment used was 'green' and no harsh smells. Reasonable noise. (I have an infant, this is important) Very nice workmen. Came in exactly on estimate. Testing is free - they require a payment to do it, but this is subtracted from final cost. Clear communication, mostly via email. Scheduled quickly.

Description of Work
Tested environment. Removed affected drywall. Treated area of removal and rooms surrounding it (just in case).

Category drywall, mold removal

09/12/2015

Chris E.

We were considering purchasing a home that had a lot of mold in several areas of the basement. Matt from Mold Men came out and met me and my Realtor at the home. He was prompt, professional and very clear about our options testing wise and the process his company would use to remove the mold. Matt sent over an estimate within one day (on a weekend) and the pricing was detailed and fair. Ultimately, we decided not to purchase the home, but I felt really good about how Mold Men planned to remove the mold. I would use this company in the future and highly recommend their service, even though I did not have actual work completed.

Description of Work
Estimate for removing mold in several areas of the basement of a home I was considering purchasing.

07/27/2015

lori C.

Brad came out and took the mold testing, and later gave me the results. Then his cleaning crew came and did all of the necessary cleaning and disinfecting that need done.

Description of Work
They got rid of all of the mold that was growing in my home. I would recommend these men to anyone that has a mold problem in there house.

06/24/2015

Judith B.

Decided against Mold Men and hired another company from your list (ARK). Their estimate was lower. I am sure Mold Men would do an excellent job but the estimate provided by ARC was better for my budget. Thank U,.

Description of Work
Selected another contractor to do waterproofing and mold removal.

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

We went out to [member's name removed] home to do a mold inspection in her unfinished basement. There was visual mold on the floor joists, cement block walls, and contents throughout the basement. We wrote the estimate and emailed it to her within a day. She then accepted the estimate we proposed at a very reasonable and fair price. She emailed us the signed contract. We had her on our schedule to do the work and she called us the day before we were coming to do the mold remediation work and she canceled on us. Even though we are disappointed that[member's name removed] chose to go with another company at a lower price, we still appreciate the opportunity she gave us to estimate her basement.

06/04/2015

Carmen L.

Mold Men of Pittsburgh did good, solid work in removing mold and mold spores from my home as evidenced by test results produced by a third party after the remediation was complete. The cleaning, demolition and mold removal was especially thorough in my basement. I also appreciated that when I expressed concern about work done in certain parts of my house that did not appear as thorough as the work in the basement, the project manager and an employee came back promptly to address those situations to my satisfaction. Each person I interacted with was courteous and professional, which I appreciated because I did ask several questions along the way during the process, which everyone responded to politely.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Home Genius Exteriors

***NOW OFFERING VIRTUAL / NO-TOUCH INSPECTIONS AND ESTIMATES. We’re open for business! Home Genius Exteriors remains dedicated to our mission to give our customers A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE. Give our team of professionals a chance to WOW you with our hassle-free inspection process, transparent pricing, perfect communication and top-rated installations. We’re not just a sales and marketing company like some of our competitors, we stand behind every project we do with a warranty you can trust! We are home improvement experts and can be your one-stop-shop solution! Home Genius also offers some of the most FLEXIBLE payment plans in the industry. Give us a chance and we’ll do everything we can to earn the right to become your CONTRACTOR FOR LIFE.

Award 2022
    Offers by Home Genius Exteriors on Angi
    All American Gutter Protection

All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA. They pride themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

G & J Foundation Repair

G&J Foundation Repair offers customized solutions for your home. We believe the foundation is the most important part of your home. We also work with structural engineers. If you notice any bowing, cracking, sinking, water or any other problem call 724.681.8944 for a free estimate.

General Remodeling
    Allergy & Immunology - Pediatrics
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Complete mold infestation, infected material & anti microbial coating treatments. Mold assessment & testing.

Large scale water proofing.