Zimmerman's Roofing

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
07/01/2023

325 B W Main St

New Holland, PA 17557

Zimmerman’s Roofing is a full-service exterior home renovation contractor specializing in roof replacement, roof repair, and other home exterior services. Our service area covers Lancaster, York, Berks, Lebanon, Dauphin County, and Chester County. In addition to new roof installation, re-roofing, and roofing repairs, we also install siding, gutter systems, windows, and doors. We are home to the “No Leak Guarantee,” which means that if your new roof or repaired roof leaks, we will fix it at no additional cost. Emergency Services available 24/7. Visit our website to see recent projects and to request a quote. ...

4.4

roofing (119)gutter cleaning (28)gutter repair (22)roof cleaning (13)chimney cap repair (4)insulation (3)siding companies (1)window replacement (4)door installation (1)

01/11/2020

neil W.

It Didn't. Technician was very nice, competent, and courteous.

Description of Work
Window replaced

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

05/28/2017

G G.

Very professional presentation, very timely, explained why their costs would probably be slightly higher than the competition, etc. The office personnel are fantastic! The only part I did not like was the push for CertainTeed products. Let's just say that is the Cadillac version of roofing which is great if you plan to be in your home for a lifetime. However, we are not, so we just need the "Chevy" version of something functional. The 3 quotes for CertainTeed ranged from $12,698 to $13,986! The overall quote we were later provided past the deadline the contractor said he would supply to us for GAF and Timberline was just an overall cost (no details or specifics) of $9,800. It was clear the salesperson had no interest in providing a quote for anything but CertainTeed. As mentioned, we don't need the Cadillac roof since we do not plan to be here for more than 7 years. We ultimately went with another contractor who had the exact same service levels, local, and was about $3,000 less with contractor ID, insurance, clean up service and all the extra perks. Again, if you are planning to be in your home a lifetime or pass it through the family or need or want the Cadillac version, this is the company I would suggest going with!

Description of Work
We were gathering roofing quotes and meeting with various roofers to compare value, customer service, follow up and price to determine which contractor was the best fit for our needs.

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

10/07/2016

Vicki H.

They certainly lived up to their promises. They were quick to complete the work, kept our property clean and were very pleasant to deal with. The project manager, Sean, and salesman, Kris, were very helpful and attentive to questions or concerns. My family would definitely recommend Zimmerman's for roofing, windows, and storm door replacement.

Description of Work
Roofing, gutters, soffit and fascia replacement. Replacement storm door and garage windows.

Category gutter repair,roofing,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

04/21/2016

Dawn B.

Great service. We needed the work done before settlement. It was scheduled for the week before, however they had an opening and came earlier! Whew! Great guys, very professional.

Description of Work
replaced 2 roof boots

Category roofing,roof cleaning

Work Completed On 03/05/2016

04/03/2016

NANCY S.

I was very pleased with the promptness with which they came to inspect the roof and give me an estimate. Work was started and completed in efficient manner. The only issue I had was a lack of good communication between the company and myself regarding the exact date of the work. Came home from work on the day the work was tentatively scheduled but had no way of knowing it was completed (we recently had wet weather and I was told it may be delayed due to the weather). I had to call the company to see if the work was even done.

Description of Work
replaced rolled roof with rubber roof

Category roofing,roof cleaning

Work Completed On 11/17/2015

03/28/2016

Jane P.

Excellent! They had installed a new roof about 10 years ago and we were quite pleased then so we called them again when we needed new windows. They are a pleasure to deal with. Everything is up front - no hidden costs. The crew was polite, helpful in explaining how to use the window features, professional, and cleaned up completely when they were done. I wish they did deck repairs - we would use them again!

Description of Work
Installed replacement windows in 30 year old house

Category roofing,replacement windows,roof cleaning

Work Completed On 01/18/2016

08/14/2015

james C.

I had no problem with the sales people, they were all very good. The actual work done was the issue. The roof warped and they did not properly repair. They just doctored up the problems and they should have replaced the faulty roof. They threw the unused shingles and boards in the trash instead of reimbursing me for the unused material.

Description of Work
I had whole new roof put on.

Work Completed On 12/30/2014

07/17/2015

David T.

Zimmerman's confirmed we had a leak on the roof due to nail pops. The large section of the OSB sheet around the nail(s) was moldy and soft due to the water damage. They had me on the schedule for about 7 days out but called me 3 days later and said they had an opening and we able to fix it sooner than planned. The fix has been in place for a few weeks now and there are no more leaks which is great given the amount of rain we are having this year. This is my second time using Zimmerman's. The first time was to replace some cracked pipe boot flashing and shingles. It has been a pleasure dealing with the estimators and roofers. All are very professional and easy to talk too. I would highly recommend Zimmerman's. I just hope I won't need to call them again until I am ready to replace the roof shingles but if there is another roofing issue, I will use them again.

Description of Work
Pulled up and replaced a 6 X 7 OSB sheet and put down new shingles.

Work Completed On 06/29/2015

06/26/2015

Mike F.

I cannot believe how awful my experience with Zimmerman's has been. My first point of contact with Zimmerman's came last fall when I had them give me an estimate for gutters and a roof replacement following the hail storm we had here last spring. The person that they sent out was nice enough and give me a pretty reasonable estimate, one very much in line with others I had received. I ultimately decided to work with them, mostly because of other positive reviews by Angie's List users. Some time later I called back to set an appointment to begin the process of working together. At which point I was told that the specific inspector I had talked to was no longer with the company and regardless his estimates were invalid because he wasn't qualified to give them. Ok? So they sent someone else out. He inspected the roof again and the entire roof needed to be replaced. I wasn't shocked by that as it is an older roof but was a little surprised at the disparity in the last two estimates. I decided to move forward with them and scheduled a follow up appointment with an "installation expert" to give me a specific quote. He came out and took some photos but didn't give me a quote. Rather told me to contact my insurance company so he could come out and get a claim estimate. This is when things went from not the best to awful. - Scheduled an appointment for Good Friday. I confirm with Zimmerman's the day before. The insurance company comes but my Zimmerman's rep does not. I call my rep from Zimmerman's but he does not answer. My insurance adjuster gives me a quote. Even he suggests I get another quote so that my contractor can be there. - My Zimmerman's rep doesn't call me for three days. When he finally does he says "oh sorry, we don't work on Good Friday". Which is totally fine, but don't 1. schedule an appointment for that day and 2. even if you do schedule it, don't confirm the appointment the day before. - On the above phone call my rep asks how much the insurance company offered. When I tell him he says "wow that is low, that is highway robbery. you should have had someone there". - After a few attempts at scheduling a follow up appointment with little success due to Zimmerman scheduling issues I ask them to be in direct contact with my insurance company to remove one piece from the equation. They agree. - After about a week I got a call from my insurance company telling me that Zimmerman's has been unresponsive. I call Zimmermans and they ask for the number of my adjuster again. - Zimmerman's works with my insurance company to set an appointment. I am not 100% sure what happened here but they each had different days on their schedule. The appointment is canceled. - After the next two appointments are canceled due to rain, I get a call from my insurance company telling me that Zimmermans is refusing to come anymore because of my insurance company being difficult to work with. - Today I talked to a rep in Zimmerman's office who blamed the issues on there being "too many people involved in the scheduling process". The too many people she was mentioning were my insurance company, her contractor and my insurance company. Eventually they begrudgingly offer to reschedule but do not offer an apology for any of the above and continue to insist that there is no blame that should be incurred by them. Ultimately I should have stopped working with them long ago. There were a lot of red flags along the way. But the fact that ultimately they placed the blame for mistakes they had made on anyone but themselves was the final straw. I don't ask for perfection but I do ask that you own your work and mistakes. I would have zero confidence in having them come to my home and doing even a second of work.

Description of Work
Roofing and gutter estimate

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 06/26/2015

We are extremely sorry that the customer's experience with us did not meet his expectations. When there is roof damage caused by storms, in this case hail damage, the homeowner’s insurance claim is filed, and an insurance adjuster makes the final determination to the amount paid to repair the damage. As sometimes happens, coordinating meetings with insurance adjusters don’t always go as smoothly as we would like and can leave the homeowner frustrated as was the case here. There were several failed attempts with coordinating the meetings with the adjuster. We had a scheduling conflict on our first meeting with the adjuster, and we take full responsibility for that mistake. On the second attempt the adjuster had written down a different day and time for the appointment. On the third and fourth attempt, rain kept the adjuster from keeping the appointed time to meet. It’s unfortunate that these meetings did not happen, leaving the customer upset. Zimmerman’s Roofing has built a solid reputation as a company that provides top-notch service to its customers. Our sales and service technicians are thoroughly trained on not only knowing how to do the work needed for the customer, but to provide that work with outstanding customer friendly service. I think our 85+ solid Angie’s List reviews prove that point. There is no way we would still be in business if our customers were not happy with our work and customer service. We are extremely sorry that the client's experience was not satisfactory. We take these reviews seriously, and will do what we can to try and reach a conclusion with him that will meet his expectations.

05/21/2015

William K.

Estimater was nice, and prompt and went through entire house to try to find any issues. No problem with him or practices. Very professional. Price given for shingles was ridiculous and about 7K over competitive contracts quoting GAF timberline HD shingles. Where does that cost come from, I asked? No response, dead communication. Be warned that while they may do good work based on reviews, they seem to be "big game fishing" on quoting. If I would've not had 6 other quotations on this roof in hand, I could've wasted $7-8K (which would buy me a complete new roof). Quotes seemed be as close to "apples to apples" as possible considering different shingle brands. My 2nd highest quote for this roof was $12K. I was quoted $18K to install a metal roof! Most were in $8K range for architectural shingles. Lowest was right at $7K. I can understand that shingles quoted may be slightly more expensive, but Certainteed Landmark are supposed to be competitive shingles to GAF Certainteed.

Description of Work
Gave estimates on Certainteed shingles. Independence and Landmark $18K and $15K respectively to replace our existing roof.

Work Completed On 05/20/2015

Residential and commercial roofing repairs, maintenance and replacements, asphalt shingles, metal, rubber, cedar shake, synthetic slate, skylights, gutters and downpouts, gutter guard, insulation, replacement windows, exterior doors, interior doors & siding.

Slate roofing & new construction.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available, American Express