Phil Fitts Ford & Lincoln

Founded 1967 • With Angi since August 2010

3250 Wilmington Rd

NEW CASTLE, PA 16105

Phil Fitts Ford in New Castle, PA, also serving New Wilmington and Oakwood is proud to be an automotive leader in our area. Since opening our doors, Phil Fitts Ford has kept a firm commitment to our customers. We offer a wide selection of vehicles and hope to make the car buying process as quick and hassle free as possible. If you would like financing options and you are in the market to purchase a new Ford, LINCOLN or used car or truck, we will provide assistance to help you find financing options that fit your needs! Whether you have bad credit, no credit, or are a first time car buyer, you can trust that Phil Fitts Ford will get you into the car or truck you choose with professionalism and attention to your needs. Phil Fitts Ford has an experienced and reliable Service and Parts departments that are open extra hours to help fit our customers' hectic schedules, and as always, Phil Fitts Ford offers competitive pricing for your automotive maintenance needs. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and our staff is committed to achieving this goal in every aspect of our business. Please feel free to reach us at (866) 935-4344 if you have any questions or comments....

10/25/2016

Linda G.

10/25/2016

Linda G.

Category car sales

01/02/2015

George Y.

They are fair on their price.

Description of Work
We own Fords, and we go to Phil Fitts. It is a Ford dealership. They last did a Pennsylvania State inspection.

05/30/2013

George Y.

Their prices are fair and reasonable. I think any car dealership has got to make a profit, and if they are not making a profit, they will not stay in business. Their prices have always been close to the competition. They have always tried to help. I have always found their service good, although some people said they have higher prices. I found them very good in the long run and I trust them. Their mechanics and service manager communicate well. I have known the owner for 20 years, and he has tried to be as fair as he can.

Description of Work
I purchased a car from Phil Fitts Ford & Lincoln in the past, and I went there recently for maintenance.

Category auto repair, car sales

01/29/2013

Matthew A.

.......

Description of Work
.......

Category auto body repair, auto repair, car tires, car sales, car inspections

07/13/2011

George Y.

They get top marks from me. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Phil Fitts Ford Lincoln Mercury to do basic auto servicing including brake work.

05/05/2011

Ben J.

I had a problem with my transmisson in my 2007 f-150 at 35,000 miles. They had my truck for a week tearing the trans apart to fix the #9 bearing. At 62,000 it totally went out, I had it towed to phill fitts and they said because my warranty ran out at 60,000 I would have to pay for them to hook up the code reader to tell me whats wrong with it. They charged me 100.00 to tell me my trans was bad and they wouldnt fix it under warranty. Normally i would say ok my warranty is out so it sucks but i knew when it ran out but, they had it completely torn apart at 35,000 for the bearing. It made the same noise before it went out that it made at 35,000. Long story short its the same problem. Its making it about 30,000 between trannys. Ive set it up to get it fixed so i can keep the old trans to take it apart myself and prove whats wrong.

Description of Work
I had a problem with my transmisson in my 2007 f-150 at 35,000 miles. they had my truck for a week tearing the whole transmission apart to replace the #9 bearing. at 62,000 miles my trans totally went out. I had the truck towed to Phill Fitts and they said because my warranty ran out at 60,000 i would have to pay for them to hook up the code reader to see what was wrong, they charged me 100.00 to tell me my trans was bad and they would not fix it under warranty. Normally i would this ok i knew when my warranty ran out and its out so theres not much i can do but, it was making the same noise it was making at 35,000 right before it went out. This is a recurring problem and they dont want to admit it. I went to the extent os setting it up to get fixed where i can get my old trans back to take it apart to prove what went wrong.

Category auto repair

The member was charged $79.00 to diagnose his transmission concern. Ford Motor Company is aware of some F-150 trnamissions that make a whinning sound at highway speeds and have a repair that has been very successful. The member is correct stating it is the #9 bearing. This bearing failure has been addressed at our dealership, but have never seen where it caused a major failure. The member did ask us to replace his transission with a used transmission and did retain his old transmission, but he stated in his comments that he was to take the transimission apart to prove the #9 bearing failed again causing the transmission to fail. I have waited to respond to his comments in case he indeed find the failure. After 10 months no follow-up to us or Angie's List. The member failed to mention the four transmission codes in his system that show the transmission was over reved and overheated (usually codes we see after being stuck in mud or snow) but as we were not permitted to teardown the unit to find out why it went bad, we could not prove this.

11/22/2010

George Y.

Very well. They are honest and forthright.

Description of Work
I have done business with Phil Fitts for over 20 years. I have bought numerous cars and trucks from this dealership. They do most of my auto service and body work. In October the shackle for my F-150 springs broke. They first estimated the cost at over $400. But after inspecting all the parts they said I only needed one part and fixed if for under $200 with tax. This is typical of the service I have had at Phil Fitts

Category auto body repair, auto repair, car tires, car sales, car inspections

Auto Service
    Auto Sales
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Tires
    Auto Body Work
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

New Vehicle Sales Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales Car Loans and Financing Certified Service Department Full Selection of Ford, LINCOLN Parts and Accessories Full Service Body Shop