Biniek Specialty Contractors LLC

Founded 1997 • With Angi since January 2011

563 Baltimore Pike

Mt Holly Springs, PA 17065

Your one stop shop for all exterior renovations since 1997. Services provided: ROOFING (all types) , SIDING (all types) GUTTERS (all types) DECKS, WINDOWS, DOORS, LIGHT EXCAVATION WORK, EGRESS KITS, MASONRY (brick, block, stone, concrete, pavers, flagstone, chimneys) ARCHITECTURAL DRAWINGS,

04/04/2018

Martin K.

Excellent. Everyone that I was in contact with from Biniek Specialty Contractors was professional and extremely knowledgable. From Tawyna in the office, to Paul and his crew when they arrived on-site to do the work, I could not have asked for a better experience or to deal with better people. And yeah, they fixed the problem too!

Description of Work
Roof repairs were required to fix a stubborn leak near a dormer

02/24/2018

John P.

Not well. I had a Paul Biniek Co. representative out to look at replacement of roofing and siding from a hail storm and asked them to work with me and my insurance company. The rep. was on time to reviewed the work, was thorough, informative, and ended up providing a verbal commitment to work with the insurance company directly and provide savings in the way of a deductible waiver to get the work done. We also reviewed additional work in the way of replacement windows and upgraded siding that I would pay for above the insurance coverage. In the end Paul Biniek Co. never provide a written proposal or contract confirming the insurance scope of work and the rep. told me that they would not provide a cost estimate for the additional work unless I released them to proceed with the insurance carrier. With no written agreement I was unwilling to proceed with an unconditional release for them to work directly with the insurance company for work that would exceed $24,000.00. They were not the right company for this project.

Description of Work
Hail damage roof and siding replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

The contract that you were being asked to sign is a Contingency Contract. It is our companys' policy to require this prior to moving forward in working with the insurance company to reach an estimate that is agreeable between both Biniek and the insurance company based on the repairs/renovations needed due to the damage sustained. We work directly with the insurance company for proceeds, at no additional cost to you, and the Contingency Contract basically gives us the security of knowing that after the time and effort we put forth, you will contract with us to do the work. While we do not charge any additional fees for working with insurance, it does require knowledge and experience in insurance work and can often require a good bit more time than when insurance is not involved. Once the insurance company agrees, we move forward with a contract that is agreeable between the insurance and Biniek. In the event that the insurance does not agree to pay, you would not be obligated by this contingency contract to move forward in any way. In your particular situation, your insurance was also refusing to work any further with us unless you moved forward with this contingency. If you have any further questions or concerns, we would be happy to discuss further with you. Please feel free to call me any time at 717-486-7530.

09/20/2017

CHARLES K.

Paul Biniek were responsive and courteous. They identified the problem and proposed a solution. Biniek quickly worked us into the schedule. Even coming in on a long weekend holiday to prevent further water leakage to the interior of our home from the roof.

Description of Work
Identify roof leak and repair it.

07/19/2017

Sonya M.

I recently hired Biniek Specialty Contractors to replace my roof and to do some repairs for other storm related damages done to my home. They walked me through the entire process of filing a claim with my insurance company and were very knowledgeable and helpful! I was very pleased with the quality of work, the friendliness of everyone that I dealt with, and the timely fashion in which the work was completed. They definitely get a five star rating from me and I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replaced roof and gutters, replaced a few siding pieces , and other storm related damages.

07/17/2017

Donna S.

They were prompt, professional, efficient, and they cleaned up after themselves really well.

Description of Work
New roof and skylight.

Category roofing, skylights

05/22/2017

steve S.

Paul and the crew were very professional and courteous. After the job was done, they made sure everything was cleaned up. They did some small things like painting the propane and exhaust vents black to match the roof. Paul had to drive a couple of hours to pick up the skylight to make sure it was installed as promised.

Description of Work
Installed new roof, gutters, gutter guards and skylight.

05/18/2017

Darwin L.

It went very smoothly. Bill and his workers treated me very well. Would recommend them to anyone who needed a roof! A++

Description of Work
I needed a new roof and spouting from hail damage. They did a great job. My roof looks very nice and the color change we picked makes the house look so much better!

06/21/2016

Suzanne G.

We were extremely pleased with the professionalism, skills and problem-solving abilities of Paul Biniek and his team members, who we understand have been with him for years. We called them about a very challenging skylight leak, which no one else--including my husband who ran an engineering firm--had been able to correct. We thought they would simply give us an estimate. Instead, the owner Paul proceeded to climb on the roof and immediately set to work fixing the problem by removing the metal trim pieces and recaulking the window. During the next heavy rain, we discovered that, though they had gone a long way to fixing the problem, a tiny leak remained. We let them know and they scheduled another visit. Some further testing allowed them to find that leak in an unexpected part of the skylight, which they then repaired. They also arranged for some gutter replacements and roof painting, which went just as well (but obviously at additional cost). Although we thought we needed more of our standing seam outbuilding roofs painted, Paul persuaded us it wasn't necessary. How often does that happen! Next time we want help with our roofs or have other construction needs, Biniek Specialty Contractors will be the first people we call!

Description of Work
Skylight repair

Category skylights

04/17/2016

Margaret L.

They arrived at approximately 8:30 a.m. and had the old shingles, gutters off and new completely installed by 2:30 p.m. They were efficient and very professional. After the installation, they made sure that all debris and nails were picked up. They were out of here by 3:30 p.m. with the only indication that they were here was the new roof. BTW, my tulips are in full bloom all around the house. They carefully walked around them and covered shrubs with a protective net. AWESOME job.

Description of Work
Installed a new roof and replaced the gutters.

02/13/2016

Sandra J.

Paul Biniek from the estimate phase to the completion of the project was very professional and responsive to all questions and regarding the project. Paul and his workman took the time to explain the products, the processes and work to be done. The quality of the workmanship was excellent I would unqualifiedly re commend Biniek Specialty Contractors LLC to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and resided house

Category roofing, siding

01/31/2016

John K.

We were extremely picky with finding a roofer. Some of the factors that we looked at included: experience, cost, materials, and warranty. We chose Biniek Speciality Contractors mainly because Paul is GAF certified and one of the only roofers to let us know the materials he would be using. We picked the roofing plan that will have an inspection that must pass 100% by GAF, along with an exceptional warranty. William, the foreman, along with the other roofers were extremely knowledgeable, professional, hard working, and courteous. They did a great job and cleaned up afterwards. When they are finished, Paul wants you to be satisfied with your roof. I would highly recommend Biniek Speciality Contractors.

Description of Work
We had our roof (house w/front porch, addition, 2 car garage and shed) completely replaced. Old shingles were removed and replaced with GAF shingles. There was extra work as a result from damaged planks on the main house roof.

10/13/2015

Kathleen A.

The team showed up VERY early to work, but it was necessary due to the extreme heat of the rooftop in the summer. The young men were very polite, personable, and hard-working - especially in all the summer heat. At the end of each day they used a machine to gather up the nails. They were also friendly to our small dogs who came out to the yard from time to time. They told us that Paul is very particular about nail pickup - especially around pets. We still found a few nails, but that is to be expected. We were very pleased with the job and would recommend Biniek's to anyone.

Description of Work
Paul's team removed the old shingles and skylights, and replaced them with new architectural shingles and new skylights. Additionally, he gave us suggestions for a roof repair and a small piece of missing siding. He walked on the roof as if he were walking on the ground!

Category roofing, skylights

10/01/2015

Robert M.

The lady I spoke to told me the men were out on jobs right now, but that she would tell Paul about my problem. She said I would most likely not get anyone out today, but possibly tomorrow or the next day. I called back the next morning and spoke to the same lady. No one had called me back since yesterday. I asked if someone was coming out. After checking with her husband she said that due to the weather (chance of rain) the crew was not scheduled to work today. I explained to her that hurricane Joaquin was suppose to be hitting the east coast in the next day or so and I was concerned about this leak causing more damage. She said that they could possibly get someone out next week. I then had to climb up on my roof and rig a tarp to cover the area above the leaking spot. I hope it holds through the storms expected over the next few days. At this point I figure it will be nearly impossible to get someone out so I will try to ride out the storm and pray my patch job holds. Update - 11/4/15 - To this point I have not had anyone out to repair my roof and my patch job seems to be holding. I received a call from this company asking me about the poor rating I gave it and in taking with the gentleman I could tell he is concerned with resolving disapproving reports. I feel he is honest in describing why they were unable to get to my repair in a timely manner. In retrospect, I feel my review my have reflected my urgency and frustration in trying to get my problem resolved. Though I still have not had my roof professional repaired I had told them I am open to having them look at it when they are available.

Description of Work
Called them to see about fixing a roof leak caused by the previous nights rain storm.

09/12/2015

Sandra C.

Work went very well. Slightly delayed in starting date due to weather but gave advanced notice and were there when they said they would be. The work was also completed on time. The quality of the installation was very good and once they were done they completely cleaned up the yard and driveway of any signs they had been there.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced roof, gutters and downspouts and added gutter guards.

Category gutter repair, roofing

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. If we can be of assistance on any future projects give us a call. It was a pleasure working with you! Paul Biniek

07/27/2015

K A.

We had Biniek come out and provide us with an estimate on replacing our roof shingles as well as damaged gutters and flashing. They arrived on the scheduled day at the scheduled time. The work was completed in a quicker amount of time than they expected. The work site was clean during removal and installation. When it came time to replace my damaged flashing, they had to make a special trip to find the correct color to match what was on our home. Even with having to make a special trip for the flashing, the job was completed ahead of schedule. We have been extremely pleased with the professionalism and excellent quality of work that Biniek Specialty Contractors has provided. We have gladly recommended them to many friends who have need their services.

Description of Work
Biniek came out and did a removal and replacement of our shingled roof. They also replace several pieces of damaged flashing and gutters as well.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thanks for your review of our company. We are glad we had the opportunity to work with you. Paul Biniek

03/10/2015

John W.

Got an estimate to repair, replace or to remove 4 existing 3' x 6' skylights in family room. Decided to remove since they make it difficult to watch TV in daylight and about $6000 cheaper to remove than replace. Repair was a cheaper option but due to the age of the windows, I was worried about further leaking. Biniek attached a large tarp to the inside of the opening in the ceiling so that NO debris would fall into the room and we would lose less heat. That was a good idea! The skylights were removed in one day and the ceiling in place the next. It then took a few days of spackling (an hour or so per visit) to make the joints all look smooth. Biniek did an excellent job particularly in hiding the fact that the ceiling had bowed a bit in the center. I was very happy and it looks great and now we can watch TV during daylight hours!

Description of Work
Removed existing skylights

Category roofing, replacement windows, skylights

02/16/2015

Over the weekend we had strong winds that blew the shingles off the ridge cap. I called Biniek first thing Monday morning and within a couple of hours I received a call back from Paul. That afternoon one of his employees came out and made the repairs. Keep in mind that we had single digits with a negative wind chill that day. I was very pleased with their responsiveness and the price was reasonable. I will definitely consider these guys for future projects.

Description of Work
Replaced ridge cap shingles

01/13/2015

Amber S.

Staff replied to phone messages quickly to set up and confirm appointment. Paul was friendly, assessed the problem quickly, and repaired it for a very small fee.

Description of Work
Repaired leaky roof vent.

12/03/2014

Frank K.

Biniek Specialty Contractors got to our house the day after I called them, ahead of an ice storm the next day. I had been tryiing to get the roof repaired for almost two weeks prior, since we saw water spots on the ceiling of one of our bedrooms. Biniek isolated the problem, quickly, replaced two roof pipe "boots" that had deteriorated from the sun, over the last 9 years and replaced shingles blown off by a previous storm. I did not post the cost of our repairs, since I consider it confidential between Biniek and us. The professional seemed very knowledgeable and explained in detail the work he performed. Would definitely consider when time to replace my roof.

Description of Work
Performed roof repairs, in a timely manner, ahead of a pending snow storm. (Two days before Thanksgiving holiday)

11/19/2014

Vivian S.

I was not real pleased with how the color of the roof looked with our shutters. The owner sent over a ssample shutter of another color and I liked it. They replaced al the shutters at no cost. All employees were very professional. This was a very pleasant experience. We would recommend them to all.

Description of Work
installed metal roofs on our house and three other building and installed new gutters

11/15/2014

Linda K.

The roofers were very fast/good at removing the old roof/shingles and underlayment. They started at 8:00 AM and by 11:00 AM, the old roof was removed and all the shingles were cleaned up in a dumpster. I went to work around noon and they were getting ready to start putting on the new roof. By the time I returned home from work that evening around 6:00 PM, everything was cleaned up. I only found 2 nails in my driveway when I inspected the perimeter of my house and garage. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs their roof repaired or replaced. They were very helpful in getting my insurance company to help pay for the hail and wind damage that was done to my roof.

Description of Work
Roof removal from my garage and house. Roof installation on my garage and house using GAF Timberline HD architectural shingles. Installation of new pipe boots/flashings and new chimney flashings. Installed GAF Cobra ridge vent.

10/20/2014

Joe S.

Did job in 2 separate phases- roof first and then siding later. Each part took 1 week- once they started they got it done quickly. From bid to finish was 2.5 months. However, this timing was fine because there were a lot of houses in this area damaged by hail, and all contractors were inundated with work. Overall, I was very satisfied with the timeliness of completion, considering the circumstances. Quality of work great. Response to calls and emails could be better.

Description of Work
Replaced siding and roof after hail damage.

Category roofing, siding

07/17/2014

Samuel W.

They did what they were suppose to do. They came out and they measured things.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote.

06/26/2014

Cheryl C.

Biniek estimators were on time to meet us to measure our roof and to give us the brochures and product information. They introduced us to the GAF line of roofing materials and their guaranteed service. From the initial impression we had from searching their website, to the response we received on the telephone, we felt that we had found a professional roofer who backed both their product and their service/installation. When they gave us their initial quote, we were impressed with their knowledge of their product and enthusiasm about the quality of their service. We were impressed with their response time--even though they were swamped with requests for quotes. They were at our house within the week to inspect the roof, review the brochures and product specs, and to give us a quote for the work. Even though their computer estimating equipment wasn't working, they prepared the quote the old fashioned way and were very apologetic about their handwritten quote. They even returned to show us larger samples of the roofing that we were looking at purchasing. They gave us straightforward information and answers to every question. A week later, we got a call that they were ready to install our roof. They were on the job by 6 AM--a full crew. They were pleasant, efficient, and very clean while they worked. It only took them 2 days to install a large, complicated roof structure, and they made sure that everything was back in place and they cleaned up all of their construction materials. They even replaced my deck swing! I would highly recommend the service and products that Biniek provides. The price was equitable, and the product was everything that they said it would be. Our house is even quieter than it was before! Paul Biniek and his team are terrific!

Description of Work
Installed a new roof

01/19/2014

Rayne D.

Paul Biniek is an exemplary contractor to work with. He didn't rush through preparing the estimate; he spent time with us listening to what we wanted done, and suggested cost effective, attractive ways to do the job. His crew was professional--their work was excellent ,they kept the work site tidy, and when they were finished, they cleaned up everything. Although the job started a little later than planned, the men worked on days of extreme cold, and completed everything that was required. During the process we had an unexpected problem with our roof; Paul had a crew there that afternoon to fix it. Relative to project price, based on other estimates and a market survey, we thought Biniek's price was a fair one. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl siding, soffits, and fascia on house; installed soffit ceiling on porches; wrapped the house with moisture barrier; installed new pitch to eliminate gutter on one section of the house; wrapped conduit and cables with siding