Windows Plus

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 2006

Windows Plus is a complete start to finish exterior contractor that specializes in the replacement of windows, doors, siding and roofing, as well as construction of decking and porch enclosures. We begin our process by listening to what you, our client wants to accomplish, whether it be more energy efficient windows, a new cedar or architectural roof, or a more inviting Entry Door. We back our products and workmanship with some of the strongest warranties in our business, most of them lifetime warranties. We have been in business for 39 years and are fully insured, licensed, and have a great reputation for superior workmanship. As we say at Windows Plus, “Your Home Is Our Business!”...

Before

+28 more images

window replacement (97)door installation (33)roofing (20)siding companies (14)gutter repair (7)masonry (4)decks & porches (3)window cleaning (2)patio enclosures (1)garage doors (1)

11/20/2021

Mark S.

There was a delay getting the windows but the team was straight forward and communicative throughout. When it came time for the installation the crew was extremely professional and hard working. The team installing the windows got all 11 old windows torn out, new ones installed and cleaned up inside and outside in one day. They worked until the job was done right. The gentleman that capped the windows the next two days worked as if the break tool was his brush and the aluminum his canvas. He was friendly and extremely detail oriented. The whole crew had me seriously questioning my own work ethic. I’m very satisfied with the process beginning to end. I will add photos tomorrow.

Description of Work
All new windows. 11 total.

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we are happy to hear you are pleased with our work! Thank you for your business.

09/29/2021

Barbara H.

when I first called for an estimate we waited no longer than two days. When the gentleman came out he was professional and took his time looking at each window and taking precise measurements. I was concerned that my new windows would require me to replace my existing shades/blinds (as I was told by friends) and he assured me that once I removed the shades and blinds the new windows installed they would fit perfectly. Happy to say they did! Time frame for having windows installed was about 16 weeks due to pandemic slowdown and actually it turned out to be about 6 months before the windows were actually installed (again due to not being able to get windows made at plant due to pandemic). I have an unusual green vinyl around my windows and they were able to match it perfectly with the rest of the windows on the house. When the day actually came to have windows installed they showed up right on time and I was amazed that they got all 12 windows installed in 1 day and came back the 2nd day for 2 hours for the picture window. The cleaned up great and left everything in good order. I would highly recommend this company and service.

Description of Work
we needed work on 13 windows being replaced one of which was a large picture window

Category decks, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

Thank you so much for your business!

07/10/2021

Robert D.

We were very happy with the service we received from Windows Plus. They had a good number of options for our front door and storm door and were upfront and honest about costs and the extended time it would take to get the door and get it installed (partly due to the pandemic). And they were able to get it installed within a couple weeks of the estimated date. The job was done professionally and without any problems. They even left us small jars of touch-up paint in case of any future scratches. Everyone we dealt with from the sale to the installation was friendly and willing to work with us for what we needed/wanted. What further impressed me was that we had them back a short time later when one of our garage doors broke to see about getting it replaced. The sales representative gave us an approximate price but told us it would probably be possible to just have it repaired for a cheaper price, even though they didn't perform that service. He provided me with the name of someone he knew, who we ended up using and were also happy with. I am always impressed when a business is willing to lose a job because it's to the benefit of the customer. That kind of honesty is what will keep me with a company, and I will certainly consider Windows Plus next time we have a job they could possibly do for us.

Description of Work
New Front Door and Storm Door

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We enjoyed working with you! And thank you for your business!

04/06/2021

Kathy R.

Best estimate and after checking all of the reviews/ratings, top of the line windows. They were installed in record time and very professional. Even clean up was impressive. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
windows - entire house

Category decks, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. And thank you for your business!

04/06/2021

Mike M.

I was super impressed with Window's Plus! The sales guy came out, no pressure. Things were back up with the install a bit due to Covid and winter, but they kept me in the loop. The Installer, Jim was a super nice guy and did a great job. I'd gladly recommend them to friends or family. I'm going to be using them again this year for the rest of my windows.

Description of Work
Replaced Windows:

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

03/27/2021

Victoria L.

Outstanding customer service from the first appointment through the installation. The windows look beautiful and the installers were very professional. We are so happy.

Description of Work
Window Installation

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

07/19/2019

Randy M.

Windows Plus did an excellent job on my roof(s). They replaced my main roof, lower roof, porch room and overhangs to LR and DR. Also had gutters replace with gutter guards. It was a beautiful job. Very good about cleanup effort. The roof has already been put to the test many times since its replacement around June 5th 2019. Neighbors have said how nice it looks. This company was recommended to me by a coworker and I'm recommending them to you. Final price included a lot of wood replacement, borough permit, and dumpster. They will also be doing the replacement of several windows in August. First class care given to you. Very satisfied. A+

Description of Work
Roofing and Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

05/03/2019

Colin E.

Have worked with WP in the past and have always found them to be great to work with. The pricing is very fair, the quality and professionalism of the job is excellent, and they are flexible /transparent about status and execution. This was a particularly large and complicated job and while there were a few delays and hiccups (which is typical/ expected) they were always transparent about it and the end results we are very pleased with. I always call WP when I have projects like this. Looking forward to working with them again in the future.

Description of Work
All new windows, new exterior doors and a new roof (shingle and raised metal) on house and detached garage

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

03/15/2019

George S.

We called Windows Plus about a new patio door. From the initial phone call to the last bead of caulk, the work and communication was completely professional and well deserving an A+. The quality of the door was superb. Jimmy and his assistant arrived on time, and explained exactly what was going to be done. I felt very confident in them as they were doing the work. Cleanup was very thorough. The door looks beautiful, and we already notice a warmer room. BTW, we did price other patio doors from other companies, but found this one to be the most reasonably priced with the highest quality.

Description of Work
Buying and Installing Patio Door

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

11/05/2018

Bella P.

I wanted to get my old aluminum windows replaced by top of the line vinyl windows. I chose Okna brand windows, which are a local company that restricts their installation to companies that they've reviewed. Most of the companies I spoke to gave me a quote twice of the amount that Windows Plus quoted for the same exact windows. Their sales guy didn't BS me didn't, try to upsell me, didn't waste my time--which is incredibly rare among window companies. Even very highly rated window companies wasted upwards of two hours of my time on their sales pitch and some wanted me to sign a contract on the spot. Not Windows Plus. There was no pressure. They scheduled me in for a month later and arrived promptly and finished all the work within half a day. I love my windows a year later.

Description of Work
Replacement of seven windows

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

09/14/2018

Steve E.

We had multiple quotes for this job and hired windows plus. Price was very good and the quality of the windows and doors was excellent. The install team showed up on time and went right to it. Finished mid-afternoon. Windows look great as do the doors. Minor issue withe the door trim was remedied in a timely manner. Will definitely call them for another 9 windows in the near future.

Description of Work
12 Windows, 1 storm door, 1 main entrance door.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

01/06/2018

Brian C.

Everyone was very professional, from my first contact to the final installation.

Description of Work
All windows replaced

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

12/20/2017

Jean D B.

Both windows were replaced at no cost, though it took about two months for the new windows. Lou was the technician and he knew exactlywhat to do. Other minor problem have also been addressed without much if any wait.

Description of Work
We've had windows from Windows Plus for about 10 years and we like them for low maintenance, keeping sound from outside to a minimum and general appearance. Two had moisture trapped between the double glass which obscured the view and made the windows look dirty.

Work Completed On 11/23/2017

Thank you so much for your review, we enjoyed working with you on your project!

11/12/2017

Sharon M.

I was told about this company from a family member and a friend who appreciated their honesty and pricing. I was so glad they recommended them to me. I found Steven Booth to be professional in executing the plan without presenting extra options that were unnecessary. He and the rest of the crew were honest, courteous and made certain that all work met high quality levels. Questions were answered within 24 hours and the project was done on time and within the budget. I would highly recommend this company to other friends as well as family members.

Description of Work
Siding for the back porch and selection plus installment of a garage door and opener

Category garage doors, siding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it and enjoyed working with you. Thank you very much for your business!

11/07/2017

JOHN S.

I rarely write reviews, but I can strongly recommend Windows Plus based on my experience with them to remodel 85% of the exterior a multi-story dwelling that had to be quickly prepared for market. They accepted the project understanding that we had major amount of exterior work to do under a tight schedule with a hard deadline. Along the way we altered the scope of the project and Windows Plus rearranged the timing of several different crews to keep the project moving on time, within budget, and without significant mishaps. Afterward, we had two different independent professional inspectors (buyer's and seller's) review the property and neither cited any faults with the work that was done by Windows Plus. In hindsight, all this was nothing short of remarkable given the time constraints of the project. In the end we were *glad* that we used Windows Plus; their professionalism and concern for quality really shined compared to some other contractors we have used, yet their pricing was still competitive and they backed their work with a lifetime labor and materials warranty. Everyone involved seemed interested in a quality result and the final results showed it.

Description of Work
Replaced 20 windows (full frame), installed vinyl siding, gutters, downspouts, facia and soffit cladding, stucco demolition & remediation

Category gutter repair, masonry, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/18/2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our work! We enjoyed working with you and Thank you for your business.

07/06/2017

Stephanie B.

The contractors arrived promptly on time at 7:30 am and went straight to work. They replaced all 10 windows by 12:30 pm. They cleaned up each room once they finished the work. They were quick and friendly. I would recommend and use their services again.

Description of Work
I contacted Windows Plus for an estimate the first week of May. I received several other estimates and decided to go with Windows Plus. They had a great quote for replacing and installing 10 new windows (6 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 3 basement one with dryer vent). I made a deposit on May 12th and the final payment would be due upon completion of work. The window order came in on July 5th and I received a call stating they had a cancellation and could install the windows on July 6th.

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure working with you.

06/12/2017

Peter R.

Outstanding sales, installation, and service. Their low-key, personable approach coupled with a top notch operation – across the board, makes Windows Plus a must look at option. No high pressure today only discount schemes. Just down to earth, friendly, and professional people with very high quality products and service. We went with whole house replacement windows and new entry doors for our N. Wilmington home, and could not be happier with the outcome. Highly recommend Windows Plus!

Description of Work
Whole house replacement windows and new entry doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/20/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we enjoyed working with you!

04/24/2017

BRENDA L.

Very well!!! The windows are great. The installation was quick and correct.

Description of Work
New windows and installation

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you!

04/12/2017

Siddhartha M.

I am writing this review 20 months after Windows Plus installed a new exterior door. The first problem we experienced was that the door would not close properly. After 3 follow-up visits, the door appeared to close more securely and latch, only to falter again a week later. I eventually replaced the knobset myself to fix the problem. After a year, the paint on the wood jamb began to peel. If I had to guess, I would bet the installer didn't prime the wood or prep the surface before painting. Our instructions were to use the touch-up paint bottle we received, which we did about 6 months ago. The attached pictures show the lack of care and quality that went into painting the door jamb and how badly the paint holds up after only 6 months. Had I known the installation would have been so careless, I would have told the installers to leave the wood surfaces unpainted so that I could prep and paint it myself. While their price undercut the competition by a couple hundred bucks, it's worth paying a little extra to avoid the hassle that comes with a careless installation. Do yourself a favor and look somewhere else for a front door.

Description of Work
Windows Plus mailed us 2 different paint samples, the latter of which was a reasonable match for our door color and has covered up some of the scratches. In addition, they installed a PVC cap over the door frame to cover the scratched wood and improve the overall appearance.

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

Review for Windows Plus - 829 N Providence Rd, Media, PA - 34809351

03/01/2017

Joseph D.

Awesome ! They were professional, great workmanship, and cleaned up well.

Description of Work
It was time to replace 16 windows and the door as they were the original windows

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

02/09/2017

Eve W.

Excellent service from sales to installation. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I had a complete tear-off of my old roof and they installed a new white TPO roof.

Work Completed On 02/09/2017

09/21/2016

Bernadette L.

The deck looks great and the job was done according to their estimated schedule. They promptly addressed and small items we had on the punch list, and left the yard clean.

Description of Work
Deck resurfacing, custom gazebo, new siding, new windows (5 Years ago.) Recently called them back to make some changes to the deck as we are adding a patio. They extended the deck skirt, and re paired in-deck lighting wiring that had been damaged by critters.

Work Completed On 08/25/2016

It was a pleasure working with you! We love hearing from our customers, thank you for taking the time to write a review!

12/14/2014

Patrick H.

Windows Plus came highly recommended to me when I was shopping around for a company to take care of removing the sub-par stucco from my home and installing siding. I narrowed the decision to 3 companies who came recommended and I trusted to do the job, but Windows Plus estimate was approximately 5-10% cheaper than the other quotes, and that ended up being the deciding factor. Shortly after I agreed to work with the company we had a contract to start work in 2 months and the job was started within a week of the estimated start time Overall, I was very pleased with the exterior work that was accomplished. All the craftsmen working on my home seemed very knowledgeable and took care when completing the job. They worked at a pace that I was happy with...they weren't rushing through the job, and also weren't delaying...the daily progress seemed just right. Typically the workers arrived around 9:30 a.m. and worked hard until dark each weekday. Every now and then, they worked over a weekend day if they had gotten behind due to weather. I was very comfortable with the project supervisor, Paul, and the lead craftsman, Pavel. They kept me informed of the progress and were always available to answer any questions or address any of my concerns. It was evident throughout the project that Pavel was extremely good at what he did and that my house was in good hands. The stucco removal was a tedious, messy job and took some time to accomplish, but was done with care. The siding went up methodically and the trim around the windows was precisely accomplished. They were good about explaining where kickouts and flashing were needed so I would not have to worry about any future water damage. Jimmy did the masonry work, which included new stucco on the chimney, flagstones on the chimney shoulders, repairing the stone walkway, repointing a number of areas on the facade. I was very pleased with the quality of his work as well. It was evident he has been doing this type of work for years. The only minor complaint I had at the jobsite, was that it was occasionally less than tidy after work was finished for the day or over the weekend. Once I brought my complaint to their attention, more care was taken to keep the areas around my home neat. I ran into a few minor issues with the company office. The contract was much smaller and less-detailed than others that provided me quotes, which initially worried me, but not enough to go with one of my alternate choices. A few times items caused some misunderstandings that would have been alleviated with a more detailed scope of work. I also had to repeatedly ask for prices on work/items that were to begin or asked for updated contracts. In the end, a few of my accents were comp'd when they couldn't provide me a price in time. In general, the paperwork and communication with the office could have been better. The final price was fairly close to the original estimate, but went over a bit based on damage (expected) and unanticipated difficulties with the masonry. Overall, I was extremely pleased with the product and quality of work, which is what mattered most. The house looks great and my yard and landscaping was nearly unscathed by the work. I would definitely recommend Windows Plus for any similar jobs.

Description of Work
Removed all stucco from a 3500 sq foot, 14 year-old house. Stucco covered about 80% of the home. Minor damage to the structure was repaired. Insulated vinyl siding was installed in place of the stucco. New gutters, soffit, and fascia, were installed throughout. Additional decorative accents were added and some masonry repairs and re-pointing work was also completed. The time to complete the job was estimated at 4-6 weeks, and they finished at right around 5 weeks.

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing, siding