Boyer & Pentek, Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since June 2006

2.8

Boyer & Pentek specializes in property restoration caused by fire, water and other natural cause catastrophes. Our proven track record of 24 hour rapid response and comprehensive services has made Boyer & Pentek the contractor of choice for all of Pittsburgh, Southwestern PA, West Virginia, Maryland and Ohio. We help homeowners, governments, corporations, businesses, hospitals, universities, educational facilities, and other property owners get back to normal and minimize downtime....

Alati Excavating

We offer quality work matched with unprecedented character. Here at Alati Excavation we take pride in our work and want our customers to be happy with the work he have done. Will go above and beyond to complete a job in a timely manner and satisfy our customers from day one!!

KaBone Enterprises

KaBone Enterprises was established over our love of dirt and machinery. We enjoy what we do and it shows in our work. We get to the job early and work until its done!

Munntown Cabinet and Millwork

We specialize in custom cabinet building and installation.

08/16/2019

Laura F.

They come insurance recommended which is a joke. Poor quality work, including code violations that were caught by another contractor. Hairs all over the walls after they painted. Shoddy job done replacing and refinishing wood floors including hairs in poly, gouges, no subfloor installed against code, swirl marks in wood, hardened bubbles in poly, a warped looking floor where poly lipped upwards as it dried between floorboards - this was after we gave them a chance to fix it! Pics attached are examples of issues we see all over our floors and walls, these are not isolated issues, they are throughout. If you make the mistake of engaging this company - document *everything*! Supervisor doesn’t care. They are a disaster. Avoid!

Description of Work
Cleanup, restoration after water damage

Category drywall,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,plastering,water damage restoration

07/01/2019

Irwin D.

Work was performed in a apporpriate time frame, however, the quality of work performed was found to be unsatisfactorilly performed 10 years after the fact. Improper repair of a roof penetation of tree limb. It should be noted that the work was contracted through my home owners insurance, through recommendation of the adjuster on the quaity of work that would be performed. Patched the penetration, without removal of piece of tree limb remaining embedded in the roof. Replaced a damaged 18.5 ft section of single piece gutter, with one of two sections and after questioning and having them see the gutter refused to acknowledge errors or able to confirm the description of actual repairs made, rather only documented what they charged the Insurance Company of cost estimates, no pictures of after repairs, or actual costs incurred. I will never again have this company perform work on my property.

Description of Work
Roof, gutter and siding repairs- Storm/High Wind related damage from Tree falling on House- Work performed through an agreement with Home Owners Insurance.

Category gutter repair,roofing

07/01/2019

Irwin D.

Horrible. Would not have them perform any work at my home ever again. Replaced a damaged one piece seamless gutter, with a seamed/riveted / 2 pieced gutter.

Description of Work
Repairs to roof and siding due to tree damage provided by the Insurance Company.

Category gutter repair,roofing,water damage restoration

04/22/2014

Jon W.

We were not satisfied with the work performed.

Description of Work
The provider performed emergency service for water damage and also started to perform repair services.

Category water damage restoration

02/18/2014

Jim S.

They are a fire and restoration company. My insurance told me about them. So far they have been really good. I have been in touch with several of their reps and they brought samples to the house for us to look at. They have been really good. They were quick to respond with everything once we were cleared by the fire department and insurance investigators. In that regard they have been awesome. They have been delayed due to the weather so it is taking some time but those things happen so I can excuse that. The house is coming along great and it looks wonderful. There were some mis-steps along the way but everything has been made right so I can't complain at all. The price is moderate or good. We got several estimates and they came in at the middle of the spectrum.

Description of Work
I am using Boyer & Pentek to rebuild a town house that was damaged in a fire. It was a complete rebuild from the roof on down. They have been working since October. It was a complete demolition and rebuild.

Category remodeling,roofing,water damage restoration

09/18/2013

SANDRA H.

No other service provider was willing to do the job. Boyer Pentek came out and they did a good job. It took about a week to relay the garage floor.

Description of Work
Pour the concrete and relay my garage floor.

Category concrete driveways

03/11/2013

John C.

Our basement sewer backed up. Boyer & Pentek, Inc cleared it. The price was very fair compared to another company. They did excellent work in taking care of the problem and cleaned up after themselves. They took their time and fixed what needed to be fixed immediately. They are very honest.

Description of Work
Boyer & Pentek, Inc cleared the pipe to the sewer because it had backed up.

Category plumbing,sewer cleaning

02/16/2012

Raymond S.

Very unpreffossnal, no show and way overpriced.

Description of Work
None an estimate. They were way overpriced. I will never use them for anything ever. They were 2500 dollares overpriced. I have heard many bad things, I will never use them for anything. They never showedup the 1st time with no call, I had to leave work early for them to be but noshow.

Category gutter repair,roofing,water damage restoration

01/30/2012

Audrey R.

They came out through my insurance claim and did a great job. The work was beautiful and you couldn’t even tell a repair was done. I also hired them to install a new roof. The guys were nice and respectful. They did very nice work and I am happy with their services.

Description of Work
They repaired my stucco after storm damage.

Category roofing,stucco

08/06/2009

Jennifer D.

Our house had extensive water damage on the interior from a leaky gutter. They eventually came out to fix the exterior leak 3 weeks after insurance assessment (which they were present for) and much more interior damage even though they stated they would be there the next day to fix the leak. The gutters were eventually fixed and when i called to have them start on the interior damage, they never called back. this is now 3 months..no phone call, email, letter...nothing. I see their trucks everyday and feel sorry for the people who have contracted with them especially since everytime I have called or sent an email I am told they will get right back with me either that day or tomorrow. I still call because now i think it is funny just to see how bad they really are.

Description of Work
gutter repaired interior water damage to plaster---service never performed

Category water damage restoration