Action Air Conditioning & Heating

Founded 1967 • With Angi since May 2004

8100 Bristol Pike

Levittown, PA 19057

At Action Air Conditioning and Heating, we have been providing customers in the Greater Philadelphia area with heating and air conditioning services since 1967. Our longevity in the business says it all—we are a company our customers have come to trust and spread the word about, because who doesn’t last this long without a spectacular word of mouth?! We are an HVAC company that provides a number of maintenance, repair and installation services. These not only include the installation of various new heating and air conditioning systems, but we can also perform heating repair jobs, and we have also come to be known as an air conditioning repair company residents have come to rely on since the beginning. In fact, with our roots based in Bucks County, we will always seek to provide the best services for those who have been around and with us since Manny Lomas started the company....

10/23/2018

Patty M.

SCAM OPERATION! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They were sub contracted by Weidner's Energy Service (in case you need Weidners service you know who they are giving you). The repair guy was prompt and curious. HOWEVER, due to him being new (as he said). He kept on calling this sales guy up on phone and walking away alot with the calls. He said a part in my heating unit was shot and they would not be able to order the part due to heater being old. Of course , I panicked because I needed this fixed. So he said i needed a new heater. He got on the phone with the salesman. This sales man asked me how old i was and do I have any intentions on moving because of what he wanted to sell me. Really, I never heard any sales person ask this question...ever! I never told him my age. He had a new unit with a 15 - 25yr for 7129.00. Then he offered me another unit for the same amount of years new but slightly scratched for 6485.00. He also said they wanted a 500.00 deposit. The service call was 125.00, wrote the check out for the service call and they said they will deduct it from the 500.00. Len, who was the repair guy wrote me up the invoice and the waiver agreement. He said IF I CHANGE MY MIND REGARDING THE HEATER, THEY WILL BRING BACK MY OLD ONE AND PLACE IT BACK. Throughout this whole ordeal, i was having doubts . I should have told him I will get back to them on my decision and call other places, however, this sales guy was so pushy and I was so beside myself, I didn't listen to my gut feelings. Len said he was going to start to take things apart so it would lessen time for tomorrow. He only took with him the cover of the heater and the pvc pipe that connected to the heater. As soon as he left, I was so uncomfortable with this whole thing, I immediately called Len back to return the pieces he took. He said he would get back to me. I got a call shortly after that and it was the rude salesman. I told him I have a change of mind and i wanted my pieces he took back. This was within minutes of when the repair guy left. The salesman told me that HE CAN NOT BRING BACK THE PART BECAUSE HE TOOK IT TO THE SCRAP PLACE! HE JUST LEFT! WHERE WAS THE SCRAP PLACE ? IN MY BACK YARD???? Then this arrogant salesman told me that I will be charged 500.00 for taking the part away to scrap!!! i said to him, the repairman told me that they would return everything if I decided on not wanting a new one. Thank goodness they didn't take the heater away only the two pieces that if I wanted to get rid of them , my garbage man would have taken it. I told the salesman I didn't want the heater anymore and I said a vulgar word along with that conversation. I have all the phone calls documented and everything along with pictures that I will be reporting to the Better Business Bureau. Besides, the contract that was written up , was not even signed by an authorized person. Again, this company is a SCAM. You can get a BRAND NEW HEATER WITH THE SAME WARRANTIES AND WHAT THEY OFFER FROM ANOTHER COMPANY ALOT CHEAPER. This salesman said If I find another company who charges cheaper, to get there written document and Action will reimburse the difference in cost. I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT. They will find some other way of not giving you the money. So this salesman said he is going to bill me 500.00 for something that could have been brought back which 125.00 was already paid.

Description of Work
Heater won't go on. light kept on flashing in heating unit

09/05/2018

Kathryn M.

Fellow was here about 10 minutes. Came on Friday-first day of heat wave. Said I needed a new circuit board. “That’s if they make them for this unit anymore” So I thought OK here we go-I’ll probably get a call back saying the part is no longer available and be told I need a whole new unit. Never checked the blower motor, condenser, Freon, Coils etc. I called the office back and asked if they could tell me what the condition was of those parts and what the estimate for a circuit board would be. They called me back on Monday and said “They don’t make that part anymore and I would need a new unit for about 8,300.00. And they could not replace it for 7 days. Heat wave lasted from Fri-We’d. Told me my unit was made in 1995. This condo was not built until 2007. Three subsequent service men said my circuit board was fine, my Blower Motor was fine my coils were fine. The problem turned out to be the 6 inch Connector Wire in the circuit board. Wire was replaced for 175.00. Unit had worked fine ever since. I was also told that the parts and circuit board for my unit are readily available-they still make these parts. The were dishonest from the get go and lied to me to make an 8300.00 sale. Disgraceful. Going forward I will tell everyone I can what crooks these folks are. The fella that came needs to take some refresher courses in manners. He was rude.

Description of Work
Check AC-Unit not cooling

06/26/2018

Michael P.

It went great. Very promp and efficient. There was a bit of a problem with the paperwork needed to sell the home. Called the office and the straightened it right. They were great!

Description of Work
Heater and chimney inspection for home sale

01/15/2018

DANIEL M.

Very Well The guys were great Thanks to Manny and Scott who told us about the heater, and then thanks to Mike and John for coming out the next day and install the new heater. I was very pleased with all of the guys and how fast they act on it. Thanks again The McAleer's

Description of Work
New Heater

01/05/2018

Jackie C.

Two men came to my house while my 65 year old mother was babysitting my children. The older of the two gentlemen walked in my house without so much as a hello and started yelling at my mother about my snow covered steps. The younger of the two men attempted to smooth things over by apologizing and stating that it had already been a long day, but the damage was done. On top of that, Action charged us $125 for a "service call" but NO service was done. Not only was there no service done on my heater, but the Action techs said we needed a brand new heater which would cost roughly $7500. The same day we had another heating company come out who discovered that we in fact DID NOT need a new heater at all, we just needed new tubing and the service was performed right then and there. Action is a despicable company who is out to scam people. The situation at my house makes me wonder how many elderly people they have convinced to purchase new heating systems. The company should also look into hiring men who are respectful of women and courteous to customers.

Description of Work
Needed our heater to be looked at

01/02/2018

jason F.

They were very responsive and had the job job completed very quickly.

Description of Work
Central heat pump replacement

01/01/2018

marcy B.

Price was very fair. Ben Lomas was here on New Years Day and promptly got everything going for me very quickly. Great company to deal with....courteous ,from workman to secretary, Very highly recommended

Description of Work
new heater

01/01/2018

Hwather A.

Excellent service. I would recommend the to everyone! Thanks Action!

Description of Work
Replacement of gas furnace on New Years Eve

12/30/2017

Robert M.

The folks from Action Heating were one of the few to answer their phone that cold night, and they sent someone out first thing (630 AM!) the next morning. Ben, who visited us that morning, quickly diagnosed the problem and explained that we needed a new unit, detailed the ins and outs of how the process would work and the models we could choose from, and lined up a crew to come out that morning. Carl and Jeff arrived on time, and had our new furnace installed by early afternoon, and the house was back to normal temperatures by the time the sun set. Overall it was an outstanding experience with Action Heating. Every person I interacted with (Ben, Carl, Jeff, the folks answering the phones) was a real professional and did a great job, and I would definitely go back to them again, without hesitation. I had been planning to have a new furnace and central air put in this spring, and I will definitely be going back to Action Heating for the air part of the job. They were a real pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
We came home late one evening, having been away for 5 days for the christmas holiday, to find our house at 38degrees, in the middle of the coldest week of the year. Our 45 year old furnace in a poorly insulated victorian twin in west philly had finally given up the ghost.

George R.

Went well. They installed it that day. Roadcap house in Douglassville

Description of Work
New heater

Jeffrey S.

I have used Action in the past and have nothing but good things to say. This time it was my parents heater that had an issue so I told them to call Action. Even with the temperatures below freezing as Im sure they are quite busy, they were able to come out to my parents home same day and find the issue. While it was a simple issue with the pilot light, Im glad I called Action and they didn't charge me outrageous pricing like some other companies.

Description of Work
Heater repair

John M.

I placed a call at 1am and had a service Tech at my house within the hour. They replaced my bad thermostat and had my heat up and running In no time.

Description of Work
Replace my thermostat

kevin P.

Had problem with heater and they came out right away and fixed my heater in the same visit. They didn't over charge me and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Fixed heater

Bob J.

It went great. Action sent a Tech out the following morning and he diagnosed the problem and was able to fix the problem and restore my heat. I highly recommend Action Air Conditioning and Heating. I honestly thought I was going to have to wait a day , 2 or 3 before they could send someone but they responded to my needs right away. Their customer service is fantastic!!!

Description of Work
My home heater stopped working on a night where the temps were dipping down into the teens. Needed to find the cause for no heat.

Victoria K.

Excellent. The crew was prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Heating unit replaced

Anetta A.

Excellent service. Heater works great. Thank you.

Description of Work
I had pleasure to have Joe coming to check what was wrong with my heating and he knew right away What the issue was. He was done in 5 min.

Megan P.

I had a wonderful experience with Action Heat and Air. Half of my house wasn't heating due to a bad zone valve. Action replaced the valve and bled the system. The total cost was $385. The service was quick, professional and affordable.

Description of Work
Replace Base Board Heat

Ralph Q.

Everything was completed in a professional and timely manner. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Service check

Maria T.

Everything went well, guys were polite, came on the weekend. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Heater wasn't working

Michelle H.

I would hire the again in a heartbeat! Great company

Description of Work
I had to have my thermocouple replaced

M M.

The service attendant, Ben, informed me that the heater needed to be replaced due to water damage from the chimney that could not be repaired. He was professional and very personable. He took the time to help me understand why it needed to be a replacement vs. a repair and explained thoroughly what caused the damage. It was a very cold day and he came within 1 hour of my call for service. He noticed I was upset about it and was very considerate towards me. He scheduled the replacement for the next morning. Two technicians, Mike and John, came promptly in the morning with the new heater. They were professional, efficient, and very kind to me considering how cold the home was and how distraught I was over the events. They did the work quickly and provided me with periodic updates. I would recommend them to anyone that needed a new heater. The service was outstanding!! They even provided me a personal heating unit to use, while they worked, so I could warm up. Stellar Service and Experienced Technicians.

Description of Work
We needed our heater to be reviewed for repair as our 15 year heater stopped working during one of the coldest days in 2017.

Gerald B.

Very well. The employees we dealt with were very professional and pleasant and neat.

Description of Work
Emergency furnace service

Richard T.

It went has smooth has it could go had the system back up and running within a few hours. They had to hunt down the txv valve. Price was great called around and found I was getting a discount .

Description of Work
Heat pump repair

12/20/2017

Renee L.

She called Action and Ben came out. He told her the heater couldn’t be fixed, that she needed a new one, and it would cost $6500. I contacted another company to have a look. He came out and said the heater was fine and that a switch was off to a pipe. No charge. I’m furious that Ben would attempt to take advantage of an older woman at Christmas.

Description of Work
My mother wasn’t getting any heat. Forced air/gas.

11/15/2017

Jeanette M.

I have been with them for over 20 years. They do a good job. They are always prompt and courteous.

Description of Work
They came out to do fall maintenance on the furnace.

Affordable Squeaky Clean, LLC

Specializing in AIR DUCT CLEANING, DRYER VENT CLEANING, POWERWASHING AND WINDOW CLEANING AND GUTTER CLEANING AND REPAIR SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today! WE SERVICE NJ,PA AND DELAWARE!

Unique Indoor Comfort

Unique Indoor Comfort is a fourth-generation heating and air-conditioning company that employs a whole-house approach to indoor comfort integrating the heating, air conditioning, and geothermal systems with the home envelope and delivery systems. Our reputation for superior service and quality craftsmanship has been constructed from decades of treating customers on their terms in providing service with solutions.

Offers by Unique Indoor Comfort on Angi
    Qualitech Heating and Cooling

Proud winners of the Angie's List Super Service Award for a third consecutive year in 2018. We are family owned and operated, properly licensed and insured, and look forwarding to assisting you in your home’s needs. We have been in business for 12 years. Customer service is paramount; we take pride in our quality and dedicated employees who will treat you, and your home, with the proper respect you deserve. We are currently offering the following specials: $400 off any heating and air conditioning system installation; $100 off any hot water heater installation (gas or electric); $50 off any repairs totaling $500 or more. Please ask us about our financing options for affordable monthly payments.

Offers by Qualitech Heating and Cooling on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Heating & Air Conditioning Installation, Sales & Repair. Boilers, Furnaces, Heat Pumps.