BE Structural, PC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2010

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

500 N Front St

Lemoyne, PA 17043

Our mission is centered upon our commitment to provide customized engineering solutions for each and every client. We understand that each of our clients are unique and their business needs complex. Our work processes reflects our commitment to deliver the highest level of client focused attention and timely service. Our company culture revolves around management’s personal dedication to continuing education and self improvement for each and every team member. We believe our people are our greatest asset. We promise to foster a growth oriented environment where all staff members are given the opportunity to enhance their professional skills and capabilities....

structural engineering (48)home inspection (6)

11/08/2015

Gary V.

It didn't, the was no chance to begin a process.

Description of Work
Never received a reply for a request for service. I wouldn't be writing this if I had gotten a "Thanks but no thanks" in reply. If this is how they deal with potential customers, I would not want to work with them as a customer.

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

We do not provide on site services in [Member Information Removed].

10/15/2015

CLAUDIA V.

The contact person is Melissa. She insisted I pay for the service prior to doing the inspection, so I went to the link they provided and made the payment. She called the next morning to tell me that the payment did not go through. So I went on line and paid it again. Melissa asked that I send any pictures I had so that the engineer could see what the situation looked like; I sent the pictures that I had. She set up an appointment with the engineer and said that once he had reviewed the pictures he would contact me to confirm the appointment and let me know if it was necessary for me to remove any drywall or excavate prior to the appointment. As the appointment time drew near and I had not heard anything from the engineer, I called the office back and told Melissa that I hadn't had a call and needed to confirm the appointment. She called back and said that it was not necessary to excavate or tear out drywall. She then called back and said that the engineer had called her back to say that he did not feel competent to do the job (this is less than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment). She said she had another engineer that could do the work over the weekend, but that he was tied up on another project during the week. Because I had to coordinate the time with my tenant for the inspection, I asked her when was available. She said since the engineers work in the field that she can only contact them by email if there is no cell reception and that she had sent him an email asking about his availability. As it turned out, my tenant made special arrangements to be available for the original appointment and was not available on the weekend to reschedule. When I asked if I could speak directly with the engineer to find a mutually agreeable time, she said that they did not permit customers to do that. I told Melissa that I wanted a refund of my $650. She said she would send an email to her accountant and let her know. I think everyone who works at this firm is a subcontractor

Description of Work
The provider made an appointment to evaluate foundation cracks of a rental property.

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

I believe the customer received a full refund. We have both employees and subconsultants that provide on site investigations. My apologies for the inconvenience.

10/01/2015

Sally M.

When I contacted their office, I spoke to Melissa Colestock. She was friendly and answered many of my questions. Although the company is located in Pennsylvania, they are licensed in other states and have employees working for them in those states. Melissa found a structural engineer located 30 minutes from my home and was able to schedule an inspection on a Saturday, only four days after my phone call. Wesley Culver inspected my home. He was punctual and very easy to talk to. He answered my questions and was able to put many of my concerns to rest while he was there. I received the report of his findings four days after his visit. The report was easy to read and easy to understand what repairs needed to be done on my home. The report also mentioned items that, although they pose no problems now and may never do so, should be monitored. I would not hesitate to use BE Structural again or recommend them. I found them to be professional, knowledgeable, their fee reasonable and the staff a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Evaluate the structural integrity of my home.

Work Completed On 09/26/2015

09/29/2015

Glenn B.

Before I joined Angie's List, I could not find anyone who would/could do this evaluation. I was absolutely surprised and grateful!

Description of Work
Project Manager Nathan Lewis. Based on photographs, sketches, and online design tool provided via phone calls and emails, company provided a STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING review of my barn for purpose of supporting solar photo voltaic array. This report was submitted to local building dept to obtain building permit. There was a lot of back and forth using phone and emails. This was necessary because they did not visit my site. This saved money. They were very professional and courteous. I signed a contract. They provided me an estimate of statement of work. All was top notch and timely. Very impressive.

Work Completed On 07/08/2015

08/27/2015

Ernest C.

The specific representative was Keith Hull, Professional Engineer. He was courteous, professional, and thorough and, to the point, provided an analysis which saved us a lot of money. The written report included appropriate photographs, a description of the structure of the house (and of its integrity), and recommendations with regard to how to repair the foundation wall to prevent the intrusion of water in the future.

Description of Work
BE Structural PC provided an analysis of the structural integrity of our house, in response to water intrusion during the heavy rains of June 2015. The request for service was related also to two existing cracks in the foundation wall as well as settling cracks in the basement floor on a thirty year old house. The analysis included a general discussion of the integrity of the house structure, including load distribution and other related issues. The analysis assured us that the house was sound and that no piers or other heroic measures were required to address the deficiencies.

Work Completed On 07/02/2015

07/02/2015

Sandra G.

The receptionist/office manager - Brenda Himes, was always very responsive. She was a pleasure to talk to on the telephone, although most of the communications were via email. Bruce Ensor, the owner called personally to check on progress and get clarification. Bruce even talked directly to the Manager at the county Building Department to ensure he was taking all the issues into consideration. I also worked with Nitin Bajracharya, who was very helpful in making alternative solutions to the roof part of the project. I am very happy with the outcome of this project, and highly recommend using this company for your engineering needs.

Description of Work
We are assembling an outdoor pre-fab Sauna. Due to living in the Hurricane State of Florida, the Building Department would not allow us to do this without providing an engineer's report demonstrating the structure would withstand a hurricane. The job was to take the product details and assembly instructions, and enhance the structure with the necessary hurricane protective enhancements so we could both pass inspection, and have a safe structure. This was done to the satisfaction of our county building department, which is known for being very extreme in these types of cases (Martin County, Florida)

Category home inspection,structural engineer

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

05/02/2015

chitra S.

He just walked around the house took some pictures and went away. He came on time.

Description of Work
I used Bruce Ensor Structural Engineer for structural design services.

Work Completed On 04/21/2015

We make structural assessments based on visual observations. A trained professional can spot structural issues and framing methods by visual observation in most cases. Some continuing displacements can be hidden by progressive repairs. If cracks in drywall and concrete and other rigid materials are not hidden by repairs the cracks will be able to tell a story driven by the direction, width and location of each of the cracks when looking at the building as a whole. Residential Framing in Florida is mostly supported by concrete slabs on grade and with the soil and subsurface conditions in Florida the displacement of the slab and the super structure can be difficult to identify and address without removing work. Customers are informed that our services are limited to visual observations, without demolition of finish materials or moving equipment or furniture. Took a look at the report and we provided the assessment that he requested, not sure why he feels as though we received a D rating for this. If you went to the doctor and he made a visual examination of your vital signs without conducting invasive tests would you take him seriously just because he "looked around"?

11/12/2014

Deborah N.

They were very nice people to deal with, and they had the report done within about 4 days.

Description of Work
I needed a structural engineer to inspect my new home.

Work Completed On 09/17/2014

11/07/2014

Janet M J.

Were not licensed in WV and if they did come out, it would be too expensive because of travel.

Description of Work
Remove half walls from bedroom.

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

10/30/2014

Mary P.

He was friendly and patient. we talked about the issues that i was concerned with. He suggested someone local.

Description of Work
We spoke on the phone and he said i would be better off using someone local. He did provide good advice.

Work Completed On 08/28/2014

Structural engineering, analysis, repairs, inspections & rehabilitation. Building design consultation. Baseline property condition assessment. Forensic engineering services. Water, fire & wind damage. Wind turbine installation. Solar installation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express