HART CONTRACTORS

Founded 1940 • With Angi since August 2004

122 N Highland Ave

Lansdowne, PA 19050

4-8 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charge. Provide 24 hr service to existing customers only. Exterior stucco work is done seasonally and tend to get booked early....

03/19/2019

Howard M.

Bob Hart is as good as it gets. He is expert at assessing problem and meticulous and thorough in doing the work. He thinks the problem through to make sure that he is taking the correct action. Reliable, pricing is reasonable, and very thorough! Have referred him to friend, who was also very pleased with his work. Would definitely use him again and highly recommend!

Description of Work
Stucco repair

06/30/2014

Gail E.

I was calling three highly rated providers on Angie's list to get estimates on a re-stucco section of the foundation of our house. I explained to all of them that it was not an emergency and that the job was not large. Mr. Hart returned my call on a timely basis and I explained what I needed. Although he said he was busy, he did not decline the job and agreed to provide an estimate. He also mentioned that the estimate would be sent via " snail " mail and that was fine with me. It is now over two months later and I have never received an estimate or any communication. The other two providers, who were also busy at this time of year, had agreed to provide an estimate and did so. Since the re-stucco work started today with one of these highly rated providers, I figured it was time to post this review. It's a shame because it looks like the company does good work and has good ratings but I was disappointed in the lack of follow through.

Description of Work
Called to request an estimate on a re-stucco job on a section of stucco on foundation of house.

Category stucco,foundation repair

06/18/2014

Anthony K.

Hart Contractors responded and answered my calls quickly. Unfortunately for me they are too busy to do non-critical work.

Description of Work
Looking for repair work. Unfortunately they are too busy.

05/30/2014

Daniel C.

Bob Hart is always great to work with on projects. He teams up well with the other contractors to work around tight schedules.

Description of Work
electrical upgrade on finished based that is being torn out and rebuilt. Also includes rewiring a number of places in rest of house. Includes light installation (we bought our own other than the standard recessed lights), coax cabling, ethernet routing, exhaust fans.

04/20/2014

Christopher A.

I cannot recommend Hart Contractors highly enough. The quality of their work is first class. I am writing this review 10 months after completion and the house looks like they finished yesterday - despite enduring one of the worst winters in many years. They were responsive to questions/concerns I had during the project and were always courteous. They were meticulous in accounting for all time and materials used. They cleaned up the work site thoroughly on completion. We obtained several quotes and their price (though not the cheapest) was competitive. Excellent value given the quality of their work.

Description of Work
1. Complete repair and exterior painting of our stucco house (approximately 25 years old). 2. Painting of all wooden exterior window frames, including the repair of two rotten wooden window sills. 3. Removal of all old wood siding from stand-alone garage, repair of wood studs (where needed) and installation and painting of new T1-II wood siding.

03/19/2014

Alison D.

We called Mr Hart with very short notice to squeeze us in before the winter after we replaced several of our exterior windows. He came out to our house, looked at the work and understood our urgency in wanting to complete the scope before it got too cold outside. One of the things his company specializes with is matching old stucco. He provided us a fair quote and communicated with us very clearly. They came before starting work and put up scaffold for us so the carpenter could finish our exterior window trim before the stucco. The work they did was completed over several days as each coat dried. The end result was amazingly close to our existing stucco. We have additional work to be completed as we finish our window replacements and repair old stucco. We will definitely call Hart Contractors.

Description of Work
Matched stucco exterior on our 1925 home.

11/04/2013

Blake S.

I thought they were great. They did what I wanted them to do and did not do any more or any less than was needed. They did a good job on the stucco repair.

Description of Work
I used Hart Contractors for stucco repair.

10/29/2013

Terry F.

The demolition work took about a half day that also included the removal of loose concrete and stone. I had moved furniture out of the way to create a clear path to the basement door to reduce the possibility of accidental damage or dirt falling. I also covered all of the objects in the rook with plastic to shield everything from inevitable dust that would be stirred up in the air. I highly recommend this for any basement work. The did use drop cloths and tarps plus covered all basement objects that remained. I also moved everything in the basement to the inside wall and bought water tight containers for all of the small objects to prevent dust and debris from covering them...this too needs to be done by anyone needing basement repair. it is dusty, dirty work at the start...so expect it. Concrete work for my basement takes three days with drying time in between...so three days is really two to three weeks. This will be followed by a month curing time for the concrete and I have also asked them to return to paint the concrete with dry-lock (this will be an extra cost but worth it as they will do the job correctly - you only really have one shot when you do this kind of basement concrete work so I decided that was best. The team - two of the team members are brothers, sons of the business founder/owner - I think it is good to work with family owned businesses. They are personable, they care about their work in ways that larger companies cannot. They took their time explaining what they were doing and why. This is key to meeting my expectations as once they started to work. we needed to make some adjustments - so good for my understanding. The mixed the concrete material on a machine outside on my lawn - recognizing that I had just coated and sealed the driveway they took care to avoid getting concrete dust on a new looking drive. The lawn will recover...the grass will regrow just fine so I appreciated their care. Other than lunch break, they worked straight through each day... The basement is now much stronger, more water resistant and sounder. The Harts are easy to work with, straightforward in their assessment of the problem and explain in detail what it will take to fix it. This company is one that should be consulted for any basement wall, concrete work. They also do exterior stucco work in the good weather and try to manage the inside work to be done on days when outside work cannot be done. This is a relatively minor inconvenience in that once they start, the work proceeds at a proper pace.

Description of Work
Hart repaired and renovated existing decaying stone and concrete basement walls. In addition they removed existing studs from paneling that had been water soaked from a broken pipe above in the kitchen.

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

05/04/2013

Roy R.

I cannot say enough good things about Hart Contractors. The company has fixed stucco on my house at a reasonable cost and a perfect match with the stucco style already there. Their work in our basement was nothing short of magic--the re-parged walls are flat, plumb, dry, and finished beautifully.

Description of Work
Hart Contractors have fixed stucco on my exterior walls. The company has also re-parged and waterproofed my basement walls.

Category basement waterproofing,stucco

04/29/2013

MELISA M.

Hart Contractors were prompt, very knowledgeable, and completed the job to our high standards. Do not hesitate to hire them for your stucco work--you will be pleased. --Wynnewood, PA

Description of Work
Installed new exterior stucco on our home renovation colored and textured to match existing home stucco. Details included sharp exterior corners around multiple windows and connections to brick-work details. The existing stucco has a very old hand-made texturing throughout, and Hart was able to match the exact flow of the textures seamlessly. They are pure artists and craftsman--in all sincerity. Hart Contractors previously sealed our basement and did a wonderful job.

Category basement waterproofing,stucco

MP's Property Maintenance Roofing and Siding LLC

We are a full-service, fully insured roofing and siding company. We also provide gutter cleaning. We are committed to quality and exceptional service.

AJ Waterproofing

We are a family run waterproofing specialist company, owned and operated, since 1976 by A.J. DiElsi. We have one crew, one truck and start and finish one job at a time. We are completely insured with general liability and workman's compensation. There is no charge for estimates and we take no deposits on any job. You pay us upon completion of the job. We do not have salesmen. A.J. is the gentleman that comes out to deliver each estimate and he is on each job. We excel in impeccable workmanship, and the jobs are always left cleaner than when we arrived. We give a lifetime guarantee on our French Drains and it is transferable to each new homeowner. Please feel free to call with any questions 610-527-9444 or 610-409-0888, Additional phones: 610-960-1589. Or feel free to email us at : ajwaterproofing@verizon.net, you can also check us out on YouTube and our website, ajwaterproofing.com.

Waterproofing One

Family owned. Over thirty years in business. Free estimates, all work guaranteed. Waterproofing One, now proudly serving central and south New Jersey, provides basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and mold remediation to the Greater Philadelphia, PA, area, including Montgomery, Chester and Delaware counties. If you are concerned about maintaining the value of your property, then saving your foundation from the results of water damage is a must. Basement leaks can lead to a cracked foundation and the growth of unhealthy mold. Not only do we guarantee to have low prices, but all of our work is warranted. We are licensed, insured and certified for your protection, and accredited by the BBB. Call Waterproofing One today to schedule your free estimate! We are currently licensed for the Delaware and New Jersey area, please see below licensing information. Delaware Licensing Number- 17-92051-13-000 New Jersey Licensing Number-13vh09291700

Offers by Waterproofing One on Angi

Minimum 5 years

Repair or redo stucco or acrylic coatings and re-cement basement walls.

Concrete work